IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 3:40 pm Dang. Taco is cool tho.
:dat:

I don’t get this move at all from the guy to has always hated PHEV and missed the 🌮 immediately after selling the first one.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I don’t get this move at all from the guy to has always hated PHEV and missed the 🌮 immediately after selling the first one.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:55 pm

:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Fair it's something I am toying with at the moment. Not much is set in stone. I just want to utilize my solar and "free fuel", and clearly the best thing to do is "nothing". I am somewhat derailing the next steps...
Woman is "wants" a Range Rover. But concedes that a Model Y makes more practical sense. So here we are driving a 13 year old tsx on a 3 battery in 4 months. All is quiet on the western front.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:09 pm

Fair it's something I am toying with at the moment. Not much is set in stone. I just want to utilize my solar and "free fuel", and clearly the best thing to do is "nothing". I am somewhat derailing the next steps...
Woman is "wants" a Range Rover. But concedes that a Model Y makes more practical sense. So here we are driving a 13 year old tsx on a 3 battery in 4 months. All is quiet on the western front.
There’s no battery powered LR? :sad:
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:13 pm
max225 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:09 pm

There’s no battery powered LR? :sad:
There is... but that sure as hell won't lease and it costs like 21k more than a non PHEV (RR sport)
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

New Range Rover is sweet af
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I saw a Fendie two door in this mint color over mint wheels last weekend while getting lunch in a :fancy: area.... It was totally hot IMO.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:23 pm I saw a Fendie two door in this mint color over mint wheels last weekend while getting lunch in a :fancy: area.... It was totally hot IMO.
Fendie is Great ! I Love em … but that spirals the EV plans…

Man these stupid dealers won’t stop calling me with non sense. Like literal non sense “how much you want to pay “ like I got 8 phone calls and VMs from 1 dealer and 3 employees there.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Let's not even talk about the fact that this electric jeep has NO WAY TO BLOCK THE SMELL OF TAKEOUT FROM PERMEATING THE CABIN. :doomed:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:54 pm

Let's not even talk about the fact that this electric jeep has NO WAY TO BLOCK THE SMELL OF TAKEOUT FROM PERMEATING THE CABIN. :doomed:

max225

Just fucking :amazing:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Desperate times call for desperate measures!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:lolol:

I wish I could afford to buy the 🌮 off you if this comes to fruition.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

max225 wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 6:13 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:54 pm

:mindblown:
:wtf: :lolgasm:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:33 pm :lolol:

I wish I could afford to buy the 🌮 off you if this comes to fruition.
:taco: is great vehicle. I feel like the clutch took almost the 7k miles on it that it has to break in since I drive like a bitch. It’s pretty smooth in every gear.

Still really like the thing but it is confined to mostly myself, since the woman given her current sitch doesn’t want to prioritize learning how to drive …. However … she also doesn’t want to sell it ever … makes no sense.

I think for a car that i can only drive myself I’d rather get something more sporty. But who knows. :plac: awaits new Taco is on the horizon also … unlike forum rumors it’ll keep the manuel, but I’m also curious about the other trans offering … new ranger raptor is pretty sweet also … and it has :balls:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

New taco would be nice

Defenders are neat too. There are a few in my hood. Look like enormous plumped up mini coopers.

But that Range Rover :datass:
max225

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/d/ ... 33106.html

Decided to not be :fullretard: and go with a disposable but semi reliable solution here.

Checks every box other than being a status beacon. Fits in better in the inner city Target lot full of stolen goods but times are tough, and my money is making me 5%+ so for now... it seems futile to do things otherwise.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:39 pm https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/d/ ... 33106.html

Decided to not be :fullretard: and go with a disposable but semi reliable solution here.

Checks every box other than being a status beacon. Fits in better in the inner city Target lot full of stolen goods but times are tough, and my money is making me 5%+ so for now... it seems futile to do things otherwise.
You bought this nasty bitch? Looks pretty decent honestly, :notbad: for the dollahs.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Those MLs have high-ish maintenance costs but they seemed to be super reliable when I was looking at them way back when based on how few unscheduled services they typically had recorded on the average CarFax. Couldn't same the same thing about the Grand Cherokees they share a platform with. :yikes:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:39 am Hm. I guess I never saw the point of the Wrongler 4xe. The amount of resources consumed to be “just a little more green” in operation doesn’t really balance in my head. Especially since it’s too heavy and the electric motor too small to accelerate without the gas motor.

Curious to hear your take if you test drive one 😀
If the purpose of getting it to save more fuel, but then a lot more expensive, the :math: isn't mathing to a positive direction that is
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:46 am New taco would be nice

Defenders are neat too. There are a few in my hood. Look like enormous plumped up mini coopers.

But that Range Rover :datass:
You mean mini tundra's. Funny thing is the new Colorado literally looks like a minituarized silverado. Cause I recently spotted a new Colorado and I was :notsure: if its a silverado cause it doesn't look that large. Of course it was colorado. But kudos to tacoma for still continuing with :manuel:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:09 am
max225 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:39 pm https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/d/ ... 33106.html

You bought this nasty bitch? Looks pretty decent honestly, :notbad: for the dollahs.
Didn't buy... test drove yesterday. The vehicle was unfortunately not as great looking as the pics.
- It needed 2 tires today... dude was upfront about it... but he was putting 2 new tires on it instead of 4... the other 2 were at 30%... so why the fuck not do all 4.
- dude at "dealer" parked it at some random office lot and then showed up in an FJ... weird business practice... he claimed they "sold their lot" and are using the office lot for that... shady af but he seemed genuine etc.
- brakes were new and done at MB but they felt soft to me :triggered: brake fluid saga
- registration sticker said Jan 23... not sure if the registration is back dated or no sticker... either way. :disgust:

Overall... I'd give the car a solid B. This was not an inner city POS that was beat to shit by puking CF and people who get child support from 3 deadbeats... but it did feel "used" and "old". I don't think I am willing to trade the TSX for yet another old thing. So unfortunately I am passing.
max225

coogles wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:55 am Those MLs have high-ish maintenance costs but they seemed to be super reliable when I was looking at them way back when based on how few unscheduled services they typically had recorded on the average CarFax. Couldn't same the same thing about the Grand Cherokees they share a platform with. :yikes:
I don't see why they would have high costs. Unless we're comparing it to a domestic cheap brand. It is the last of the 3.5/7speed auto which is dead reliable to 200k miles... The rest of the car has plenty of aftermarket and from my experience parts costs at MB are 1/2 of BMW and Range Rover.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

max225 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:37 pm
coogles wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:55 am Those MLs have high-ish maintenance costs but they seemed to be super reliable when I was looking at them way back when based on how few unscheduled services they typically had recorded on the average CarFax. Couldn't same the same thing about the Grand Cherokees they share a platform with. :yikes:
I don't see why they would have high costs. Unless we're comparing it to a domestic cheap brand. It is the last of the 3.5/7speed auto which is dead reliable to 200k miles... The rest of the car has plenty of aftermarket and from my experience parts costs at MB are 1/2 of BMW and Range Rover.
They just have frequent plug and fluid intervals and if it's done at a dealer or Euro shop it's gonna cost more than, say, a Rav 4.