General Economic chit chat/updates.

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Tar wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:17 pm Doom and gloomers, get ready for popcorn. I don't know what the phenomenon is exactly, but numerous houses in my subdivision that weren't selling all of a sudden have sold signs on their lawns. No rhyme or reason, but I'm trying to find out why. Will update if I discover more.
:popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

"Russian natural gas supply via the Nord Stream pipeline to Germany will remain shut until the Western sanctions that impede gas turbine repairs are lifted, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Monday. "

If there was any doubt it is retaliatory and not "maintenance" it has been clarified.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

NOW - EU will propose a "mandatory target for reducing electricity use at peak hours" in order to "flatten the curve."
This has to be the simulation fucking with me, right? :clown: 🌍
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:52 am
NOW - EU will propose a "mandatory target for reducing electricity use at peak hours" in order to "flatten the curve."
:amazing:

Yep global economy is about to take what I think will now be a bigger dump than back in 2008. Fasten those boot straps boys
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:10 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:52 am

Yep global economy is about to take what I think will now be a bigger dump than back in 2008. Fasten those boot straps boys
Do you think bitcoin is going to collapse first, or will it be other fiat like euros or doll hairs? I mean BTC has shit 70+% of its value year on year.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:35 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:10 am

Do you think bitcoin is going to collapse first, or will it be other fiat like euros or doll hairs? I mean BTC has shit 70+% of its value year on year.
Honestly can’t give you a solid answer here. If I’m looking at fundamentals. Bitcoin is a purely speculative form of “currency” and most people that “invested” into it expected major returns. Now that the pyramid has crumbled I think it will race to the bottom. Only reason some aren’t selling is because they would be taking heavy losses with no where else to put their shit
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:56 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:35 pm

Honestly can’t give you a solid answer here. If I’m looking at fundamentals. Bitcoin is a purely speculative form of “currency” and most people that “invested” into it expected major returns. Now that the pyramid has crumbled I think it will race to the bottom. Only reason some aren’t selling is because they would be taking heavy losses with no where else to put their shit
Thats my assessment. I think when the dollar starts to go down or we see unemployment start to creep it it will trigger the race to the bottom. I am not sure it will ever hit a true zero, but I expect it to go sub 1k and stay there.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

One benefit is not having to hear about crypto in casual day to day conversations anymore. The crypto bros are awfully quiet these days :lolol:
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:07 pm One benefit is not having to hear about crypto in casual day to day conversations anymore. The crypto bros are awfully quiet these days :lolol:
Crypto is just another deal where I was too busy with a cheeseburger and bloody mary in the bar in Southampton and watched the Titantic sail without me.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:07 pm One benefit is not having to hear about crypto in casual day to day conversations anymore. The crypto bros are awfully quiet these days :lolol:
:dat: :notwrong: :wasteful:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:10 pm
Crypto is just another deal where I was too busy with a cheeseburger and bloody mary in the bar in Southampton and watched the Titantic sail without me.
Yeah, never owned any, never gave a shit. I did have a number of friends who 'made' not insignificant amounts of dough, like $10K-50K, but I suspect they lost all of that as it hasn't come up in a long time and I don't ask.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:16 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:10 pm

Yeah, never owned any, never gave a shit. I did have a number of friends who 'made' not insignificant amounts of dough, like $10K-50K, but I suspect they lost all of that as it hasn't come up in a long time and I don't ask.
I had one work bro at the circuit board contract manufacturer I worked for that was an early adopter on a lot of the newer coins and made out like a villain on etherium (iirc).. cashed out a cool quarter mil and used that to live a plush life and travel a good amount when Covid cost him his next job he was in.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:37 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:16 pm

I had one work bro at the circuit board contract manufacturer I worked for that was an early adopter on a lot of the newer coins and made out like a villain on etherium (iirc).. cashed out a cool quarter mil and used that to live a plush life and travel a good amount when Covid cost him his next job he was in.
:nice: It's all fun and games for those who got in early and out early :lolol:
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Market nosedived this am on what should have been totally expected CPI news. interesting.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:00 am Market nosedived this am on what should have been totally expected CPI news. interesting.
Markets are a honey trap right now.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:34 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:00 am Market nosedived this am on what should have been totally expected CPI news. interesting.
Markets are a honey trap right now.
yea.

well at least my Rivian stock is holdin rock steady on this news at +90% :lolol:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

This morning on a traverse city subreddit someone posted "any tech jobs paying $180k+ in the area?" The OP said they work for google and being forced back to the office and they don't want to move back to CA. $180k is absolute insanity here and does not exist unless you own some major business or something. This is an agriculture/tourist town and that's it. I expected a :lolgasm: feeding frenzy from other locals, but was surprised to see more people asking the exact same in similar situations from google, amazon, facebook, etc. Holy hell, I had no clue how prevalent this was.

The house of cards is falling. Hopefully rural areas like mine will actually come back down to reality. It's way overheated and would benefit for a solid correction IMO.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:51 pm This morning on a traverse city subreddit someone posted "any tech jobs paying $180k+ in the area?" The OP said they work for google and being forced back to the office and they don't want to move back to CA. $180k is absolute insanity here and does not exist unless you own some major business or something. This is an agriculture/tourist town and that's it. I expected a :lolgasm: feeding frenzy from other locals, but was surprised to see more people asking the exact same in similar situations from google, amazon, facebook, etc. Holy hell, I had no clue how prevalent this was.

The house of cards is falling. Hopefully rural areas like mine will actually come back down to reality. It's way overheated and would benefit for a solid correction IMO.
:lolol:

I've heard reported several times now that more job listings are including language to the effect of "flexible WFH options" or similar, but asking that kind of question on a location-specific subreddit is :fullretard:. Get on indeed or whatever and start looking for remote work, morons. I have no idea how some people earn that kind of money while actually being total :derp: s.
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:01 pm
Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:51 pm This morning on a traverse city subreddit someone posted "any tech jobs paying $180k+ in the area?" The OP said they work for google and being forced back to the office and they don't want to move back to CA. $180k is absolute insanity here and does not exist unless you own some major business or something. This is an agriculture/tourist town and that's it. I expected a :lolgasm: feeding frenzy from other locals, but was surprised to see more people asking the exact same in similar situations from google, amazon, facebook, etc. Holy hell, I had no clue how prevalent this was.

:lolol:

I've heard reported several times now that more job listings are including language to the effect of "flexible WFH options" or similar, but asking that kind of question on a location-specific subreddit is :fullretard:. Get on indeed or whatever and start looking for remote work, morons. I have no idea how some people earn that kind of money while actually being total :derp: s.
What shocked me is the OP wasn't alone and really didn't get flamed too bad. Like people honestly think $180k "tech" jobs exist everywhere? :fullretard:

There aren't many full remote jobs that pay at that level. I get hit up on linkedin constantly, but salaries aren't that high. I decided to make that trade-off and am OK with it, but damn...how many people out there didn't think about this? Wow.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

Surprised someone that :fullretard: was able to land that type of job to begin with. None of this should be a surprise to anyone.
max225

Also the main shit hasn't even hit the fan... which is the hiring frenzy from 2020-22 is ending...
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:08 pm

Surprised someone that :fullretard: was able to land that type of job to begin with. None of this should be a surprise to anyone.
Seriously. You move with an 180k salary job and just assume they'll let you work wherever forever? How stupid can you be? Then to assume an area with zero modern economy will be ripe with offers for you to stay? :wat:
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:09 pm Also the main shit hasn't even hit the fan... which is the hiring frenzy from 2020-22 is ending...
That plus layoffs will be good. When does the fan get hit? Summer 23?
max225

Detroit wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:20 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:09 pm Also the main shit hasn't even hit the fan... which is the hiring frenzy from 2020-22 is ending...
That plus layoffs will be good. When does the fan get hit? Summer 23?
My prediction is 2nd half of this year.... October would be the first big wave... and dec/jan would be the second... once the year starts rounding out and people realize how much inflation has eaten away at profits and purchasing power.