First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

razr390 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:59 pm
golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:28 pm

yea... FL is about to have a difficult couple of weeks
P1 RIP.
Storm surge in Ft Myers hitting 12 ft.

P1? How in the world can you tell? Every McLaren looks exactly the same.

Speaking of, I had a hilariously embarrassing moment while I was out with my son over the weekend. Saturday morning we met another couple with their two kids out for lunch, and a bunch of exotics rolled through the shopping center/development/whatever you want to call it. Some of them parked, and one of them was a McLaren 600LT. My son walked up to it and asked "daddy, what kind of car is THAT?" To which I responded "A McLaren, but I have no idea which one, they all look exactly the same to me." Just as I'd finished saying that I looked up and the owner was walking across the street, giving me THE dirtiest look. :lolol:

I only later figured out it was a 600LT because it actually said 600LT on the little carbon strake behind the front wheels.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:40 am
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:28 am

Insurance pays you more than the pos is worth. You can get an even nicer hybrid.
I'm too poor to understand such things.
Me too? If I bought some super :dedong: car like that one would assume I chose it on purpose, picked the color, etc., would not want someone to ask for the U-Boat Commander.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Anyone in this hurricanes path had a 5+ day warning. Preparations could have been made. This shit could have been avoided (cars floating). Yes house destruction can’t… not like you move a fucking house. But you can move a fucking car.

They could have “saved” 1.5M worth of cars in the garage by paying someone 10k to drive each. I feel like insurance should tell em to fuck off but they won’t… so 400k people driving a Hyundai over the next 10 years will chip in for the new P1s and Cullinan :wub:
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

coogles wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:44 am

Speaking of, I had a hilariously embarrassing moment while I was out with my son over the weekend. Saturday morning we met another couple with their two kids out for lunch, and a bunch of exotics rolled through the shopping center/development/whatever you want to call it. Some of them parked, and one of them was a McLaren 600LT. My son walked up to it and asked "daddy, what kind of car is THAT?" To which I responded "A McLaren, but I have no idea which one, they all look exactly the same to me." Just as I'd finished saying that I looked up and the owner was walking across the street, giving me THE dirtiest look. :lolol:

I only later figured out it was a 600LT because it actually said 600LT on the little carbon strake behind the front wheels.
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:56 am Anyone in this hurricanes path had a 5+ day warning. Preparations could have been made. This shit could have been avoided (cars floating). Yes house destruction can’t… not like you move a fucking house. But you can move a fucking car.

They could have “saved” 1.5M worth of cars in the garage by paying someone 10k to drive each. I feel like insurance should tell em to fuck off but they won’t… so 400k people driving a Hyundai over the next 10 years will chip in for the new P1s and Cullinan :wub:
:notwrong:

or, in an even such as this where ins companies will bellyache and get gov cheese.... all of us.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:44 am
razr390 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:59 pm

P1 RIP.
Storm surge in Ft Myers hitting 12 ft.

P1? How in the world can you tell? Every McLaren looks exactly the same.

I too have no clue what the various McLarens are.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

This isn't a McLaren forum :whocares:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:23 pm This isn't a McLaren forum :whocares:
We would have to rachet up the Douchebag levels exponentially
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:27 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:23 pm This isn't a McLaren forum :whocares:
We would have to rachet up the Douchebag levels exponentially
Reporting for dooty
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

My kid wouldn’t care. No truck no care. Fire truck, ice cream truck, monster truck, car transporter truck. These are interesting. A sports car? Not interesting.

Haha
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:17 pm My kid wouldn’t care. No truck no care. Fire truck, ice cream truck, monster truck, car transporter truck. These are interesting. A sports car? Not interesting.

Haha
I don't blame him, I'm mostly the same way. All sports cars look the same now due to aero. But trucks...oh man. They're big and do big cool things. Where I live, utility service trucks and tree service trucks are BADASS...giant lifted 4x4 medium duty trucks with rear dually or dually tandem axle knobby tires and hydraulic arms and buckets and cutters and whatnot. I'd love to drive one. UPS has Ram 3500 4x4 chassis cabs with boxes on the back to deliver to remote areas...the most badass UPS trucks. All these things make me feel like I'm 5 years old again.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

There’s some Hotwheels monster truck jam going on out here this weekend I think. We may take one of my buddies kids.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:22 am If I spent $1M on a HYBRID car and there was even a whiff of a hurricane hitting my area, I'd be taking some serious steps to protect it. That thing is toast, it makes no sense.
Insurance pays you more than the pos is worth. You can get an even nicer hybrid.
Maybe a few months back, not so sure that’s true now. They will fight teeth and nail to fuck everyone with hurricane (or other) claims as is tradition.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I still enjoy sports cars :iono:

I also give no fucks about different McLaren models, they’re all too fast to use anywhere so what’s the difference? I imagine they’re all owt equally fun and going bigger is just kinda :dedong: swinging.

The ‘all rook same’ story is 5/7 though :lolol: I was hoping little Coog’s would respond in front of McClaren bro with “I bet the 86 is faster” or something.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:29 pm

Maybe a few months back, not so sure that’s true now. They will fight teeth and nail to fuck everyone with hurricane (or other) claims as is tradition.
Yea, but people this rich have umbrella policies and shell companies that write off things like this to offset tax obligations and blah blah. Which is why I said I'm too poor to understand this situation. I'm sure the dude will manage to come out well ahead.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:34 pm I still enjoy sports cars :iono:

I also give no fucks about different McLaren models, they’re all too fast to use anywhere so what’s the difference? I imagine they’re all owt equally fun and going bigger is just kinda :dedong: swinging.

The ‘all rook same’ story is 5/7 though :lolol: I was hoping little Coog’s would respond in front of McClaren bro with “I bet the 86 is faster” or something.
Oh man, when I sat in the 86 at the auto show, I felt excitement. I fit so well, and the entire thing just felt awesome. Haven't felt that way about a car in a while, so I'm certainly still into sports cars...but the more attainable ones (which is pretty much just the 86 these days).

But on the street, I'll pay more attention to a badass firetruck more than some McLaren I don't know or care what it is.
max225

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:51 pm
D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:34 pm I still enjoy sports cars :iono:

Oh man, when I sat in the 86 at the auto show, I felt excitement. I fit so well, and the entire thing just felt awesome. Haven't felt that way about a car in a while, so I'm certainly still into sports cars...but the more attainable ones (which is pretty much just the 86 these days).

But on the street, I'll pay more attention to a badass firetruck more than some McLaren I don't know or care what it is.
A fire truck and even a trash truck cost more anyways. So if you wanted to be a money whore it still works out.
Let’s not get started with trains and planes
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:11 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:51 pm

A fire truck and even a trash truck cost more anyways. So if you wanted to be a money whore it still works out.
Standing next to an old steam engine...at the height of the tech in like the 30's-40's still gives me chills.

Like this beast:

I'd rather look at trains than super cars. They're both equally attainable to me, but the scale of a train just blows my mind. :gaydance: :howdareu: :wrong:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I’ve slowly been the same. Cool utility vehicles are much more enjoyable to look at for me.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Agreed on steam 🚆 s. Everything about them is massive and awesome and over the top. :megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

My grandpa was an engineer for GE for his whole career designing locomotives, they are pretty cool indeed. I like looking at a supercar too though, I don’t really care that much about the stats or anything but they are still neat looking.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:15 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:11 pm

Standing next to an old steam engine...at the height of the tech in like the 30's-40's still gives me chills.

Like this beast:

I'd rather look at trains than super cars. They're both equally attainable to me, but the scale of a train just blows my mind. :gaydance: :howdareu: :wrong:
Dude ther is a guy up here in the counrty that loves trains, has a full scale like half mile loop around his house. And a 1/8 scale...complete with rear steam engnies, a rotunda, a minature town, tunnel... epic. all set up for Kids birthday parties.

and a shop...with steam powered big equipemnt. and the origonal electric motor conversion. he was getting it set up but a few tools were connected and operable.

Steam tractors. dude it was the best kid b-day party ever. lots of big kid toys to look at. It all worked too.

here is a tube vid of the place (clearly not mine)

pic of shop

ChrisoftheNorth

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:33 am

Like this beast:

Dude ther is a guy up here in the counrty that loves trains, has a full scale like half mile loop around his house. And a 1/8 scale...complete with rear steam engnies, a rotunda, a minature town, tunnel... epic. all set up for Kids birthday parties.

and a shop...with steam powered big equipemnt. and the origonal electric motor conversion. he was getting it set up but a few tools were connected and operable.

Steam tractors. dude it was the best kid b-day party ever. lots of big kid toys to look at. It all worked too.

pic of shop

This is very very awesome.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:33 am

Like this beast:

pic of shop

There is always “a guy that”
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Yes steam trains are great. Big rolling steam boilers. Pretty wild to think of now. The amount of coal one had to shovel was immense. And the amount of water they used. Just wild.

My kid spent 20 mis watching trolley videos yesterday lol. Just trolleys going around on city streets.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:51 pm Yes steam trains are great. Big rolling steam boilers. Pretty wild to think of now. The amount of coal one had to shovel was immense. And the amount of water they used. Just wild.

My kid spent 20 mis watching trolley videos yesterday lol. Just trolleys going around on city streets.
The more advanced large locomotives had Archimedes screws to automatically feed coal from the coal car to the fire box. :science:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.