OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:59 pm I left my last company in large part because my boss was terrible. Name anything a bad boss does, and he did it. Had an HR rap sheet a mile long, yet managed to persist. The dude was a high stress, chaotic type, and a past co worker called me yesterday to tell me he passed away Friday. Early 50's, had a young daughter (that he had when I worked there ~4 years ago) and a wife that was way hotter than he should have been able to pull in.

Turns out he had a heart condition. I remember that he would take random weeks off for "personal health" reasons when I worked there, and it turns out that it was for some sort of treatments. The crazy thing to us though, is why was he such a high stress, intense dude with a heart condition? Apparently business performance is struggling and he was particularly high stress as of late, and the general consensus from a few people I've talked to that knew him was that he stressed himself to death. For a company that couldn't care less. This just blows my mind.

I couldn't stand the guy, but man...work is not worth your life. Keep stress in check, and priorities straight my dudes.
Whoa! Sage advice, I've been making great strides to improve my heart health and its slowly starting to show up in how I'm feeling lately. I decided a few weeks ago that I'm not going to be one of these stats, and I think with good eating patterns and a more laid back approach to work/life it is all within reach. Fuck man, early 50s is an incredibly young age to leave a family behind, and the second time I've heard a similar example of heart failure of a male in their early 50s within the last week. It's not hard to fall into this grim possibility. :sad:
Last edited by Tar on Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:18 pm How was the weekend for everyone?

Pretty dece here, went out to dinner and hung out with :tits: Friday night. Saturday I knocked out some yard work and then we went to this winery about 40 minutes from here which was surprisingly 5/7 with mountain views. Then we went out for my buddy's birthday and pretty much all parties got :drunk: as fuck. We tried out this new to me bar that had $2 beers, a nice divey/country vibe, live music on an outdoor patio that was very fun. Yesterday I powered through the hangover and went mountain biking, chilled at the house and did some cleaning and stuff after and semi watched sportsball ( :tits: cares about it) on the patio.

I also helped her with some job applications, she is all-in on quitting the current sitch after kind of getting fucked over in a promotion deal.

Trying out a new routine to be more productive as I am normally shit on Monday mornings, so far it's been pretty good, knocked out a lot of work this AM and got a nice bike ride/lift in.
Goddam. You are superman. You should get some balls and appreciate a woman who likes the sportsball :doe:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Pretty dece here, went out to dinner and hung out with :tits: Friday night. Saturday I knocked out some yard work and then we went to this winery about 40 minutes from here which was surprisingly 5/7 with mountain views. Then we went out for my buddy's birthday and pretty much all parties got :drunk: as fuck. We tried out this new to me bar that had $2 beers, a nice divey/country vibe, live music on an outdoor patio that was very fun. Yesterday I powered through the hangover and went mountain biking, chilled at the house and did some cleaning and stuff after and semi watched sportsball ( :tits: cares about it) on the patio.

I also helped her with some job applications, she is all-in on quitting the current sitch after kind of getting fucked over in a promotion deal.

Trying out a new routine to be more productive as I am normally shit on Monday mornings, so far it's been pretty good, knocked out a lot of work this AM and got a nice bike ride/lift in.
Saturday, :tits: and I went to brunch to one of her teacher friends, pretty much a double date. The place in DC, by the river had a buffet for 29.99$ per person, from chips, crab dip, pancakes, bbq, paella. It was :drool:

For those that are curious https://www.farmersfishersbakers.com/menus/

Then we went to Rehoboth beach that night and spend the night at a motel that is :notbad: just out of spontaneously. T'was nice, we did some shopping at outlet especially abercrombie & fitch and the like, got some fall clothes and polos. Not to mention, no taxes because delaware. We had dinner with cousins there then headed home.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:46 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:03 pm

:nice: at least you were able to enjoy nice weather at the beach. It's been 5/7 here as well, looks like we're moving back into a heat wave :doe:

Sorry about the house stress, hope it works out for y'all!
Didn’t get it. $25k over and all inspections waived wasn’t enough apparently. Loool.
Bro, then chalk that to a W esp how you were feeling. My 2 cents: pump the brakes for at least 3 months on house. Wait for interest rates to come up to destroy demand and for sellers to see the blood in the water. The recession will come and the fed will drop rates and you can refi.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:55 am

Didn’t get it. $25k over and all inspections waived wasn’t enough apparently. Loool.
Bro, then chalk that to a W esp how you were feeling. My 2 cents: pump the brakes for at least 3 months on house. Wait for interest rates to come up to destroy demand and for sellers to see the blood in the water. The recession will come and the fed will drop rates and you can refi.
I'm not claiming to know what the economy will look like in the next few months but I agree with you on the house thing. There are still a bunch of people who pre-qualified for lower mortgage rates that may have buying power afforded to them now, but that will change once those expire (usually 90-120 days here). The next three months will be fireworks.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:57 pm

Goddam. You are superman. You should get some balls and appreciate a woman who likes the sportsball :doe:
I mean... under normal circumstances I appreciate the opportunity to hang out outside drinking beer all day, the sportsball is a fine enough justification given she enjoys it. I am just :aintcare: :thisisfine: about it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:07 am

Saturday, :tits: and I went to brunch to one of her teacher friends, pretty much a double date. The place in DC, by the river had a buffet for 29.99$ per person, from chips, crab dip, pancakes, bbq, paella. It was :drool:

For those that are curious https://www.farmersfishersbakers.com/menus/

Then we went to Rehoboth beach that night and spend the night at a motel that is :notbad: just out of spontaneously. T'was nice, we did some shopping at outlet especially abercrombie & fitch and the like, got some fall clothes and polos. Not to mention, no taxes because delaware. We had dinner with cousins there then headed home.
That sounds quite delicious.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tar wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:02 am

I'm not claiming to know what the economy will look like in the next few months but I agree with you on the house thing. There are still a bunch of people who pre-qualified for lower mortgage rates that may have buying power afforded to them now, but that will change once those expire (usually 90-120 days here). The next three months will be fireworks.
I speculatively agree.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

At the cardiologist, waiting for him to come in.
:disgust:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

SAWCE wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:53 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:45 pm The way I see it is as long as the dog doesn’t ruin shit then it’s fine. But if the dog chews up the baseboards and pisses and shits all over the apartment then there is a problem.
Agreed. Ours is completely house broken, and Johnny doesn’t seem like a shitbag at all so I imagine his is as well.
She’s mostly good but she’s a knucklehead. And will paw a door if she wants to go out or something. That’s about all, she’s great about not going potty in the house and all.

Yeah but not happening with the toddler and the pets. Too much hassle.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

We will keep looking. Things are still moving very fast in the area we want.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:13 am At the cardiologist, waiting for him to come in.
Good luck broseph
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Work trip all booked. Staying at the Capitol Hill
Hilton. I always travel with my boring bb food, so I should make some money on this trip since we get paid out a flat rate per diem :notbad: we’ll do a few team dinners and stuff so some of that will get spent, but will still pocket some cash and be able to use it to buy day passes at the gym I want to go to out there.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:58 pm Work trip all booked. Staying at the Capitol Hill
Hilton. I always travel with my boring bb food, so I should make some money on this trip since we get paid out a flat rate per diem :notbad: we’ll do a few team dinners and stuff so some of that will get spent, but will still pocket some cash and be able to use it to buy day passes at the gym I want to go to out there.
Washington, DC? I love that place, very fun city to wander around and check out. Flying on a plane with precooked food sounds so terrible :lolol: That is some commendable dedication.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:13 am At the cardiologist, waiting for him to come in.
Good luck wapimou
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:32 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:58 pm Work trip all booked. Staying at the Capitol Hill
Washington, DC? I love that place, very fun city to wander around and check out. Flying on a plane with precooked food sounds so terrible :lolol: That is some commendable dedication.
Date deets for the trip. Capitol Hill is a pretty nice/chill area, I don't go there regularly so I can't speak much about it.

edit: I meant for sawce :lol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Date deets for the trip. Capitol Hill is a pretty nice/chill area, I don't go there regularly so I can't speak much about it. Also what is the said gym? Vida? :waxer: equinox?
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

air and space museum :drool:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:40 pm
The actual one in Virginia though, not the downtown DC one.

Go see a SR-71 and OTPHJ
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:32 pm
:lolol: I’m pretty used to it at this point and it’s :nice: feeling to stay on track while I travel. I’ve gotten way more efficient with it too and have come up with some hacks to make it easier on myself. And yep Washington D.C. never been, excited to go see some cool shit.
SAWCE

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:26 pm
Date deets for the trip. Capitol Hill is a pretty nice/chill area, I don't go there regularly so I can't speak much about it. Also what is the said gym? Vida? :waxer: equinox?
10/10-10/13.. we’ll probably be working 9-5ish the 11-12th, but I’ll be mostly free after that. Going to try to get over to DMV Iron Gym, but it’s ~12 miles from my hotel, so might just have to do a globo gym closer to me depending on traffic. Down to try to meet up if our schedules work, but I’m sure at least one of the nights I’ll be having to do a dinner with the client we’re going out to see.
SAWCE

razr390 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:53 pm
The actual one in Virginia though, not the downtown DC one.

Go see a SR-71 and OTPHJ
haha noted! Would be cool to check out for sure.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

:lolol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Thats literally 10 mins from my :haus:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:24 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:26 pm

10/10-10/13.. we’ll probably be working 9-5ish the 11-12th, but I’ll be mostly free after that. Going to try to get over to DMV Iron Gym, but it’s ~12 miles from my hotel, so might just have to do a globo gym closer to me depending on traffic. Down to try to meet up if our schedules work, but I’m sure at least one of the nights I’ll be having to do a dinner with the client we’re going out to see.
:notbad: will slide in dms on insta when it gets closer. In the afternoon, heading to iron gym in Alexandria will definitely be a drag traffic wise, atleast just getting out of dc alone.