Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:28 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:26 pm

Where'd you go?
Stayed in Booth Bay Harbor and Ellsworth, did a bunch of hiking in Acadia, biked around, visited Bar Harbor, Camden and several other coastal towns. 5/7 trip.
Nice trip! I haven’t seen Acadia yet. Stayed in Camden though and it was very nice.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:02 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:28 pm

Stayed in Booth Bay Harbor and Ellsworth, did a bunch of hiking in Acadia, biked around, visited Bar Harbor, Camden and several other coastal towns. 5/7 trip.
Nice trip! I haven’t seen Acadia yet. Stayed in Camden though and it was very nice.
Yeah Camden was very pretty, we just stopped in for a walk/lunch on the way back down, but one of the cooler towns IMO.

Acadia was pretty next level, definitely worth the trip.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Made the drive up to Seattle to come into the office today. Informal team hangout at the Mariners game this afternoon. Don’t think many of us are showing up, but will be cool to meet a few more people. My direct lead just put in her notice, switching to another team in our org, so that’s a bummer.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:47 am Yea, those pics are fantastic. I really hope to visit Maine one of these days.
+1 I have a friend from college who is a doctor/married to a doctor and they have a sweet pad in Bath AND an oceanfront house....and we have been invited And yet, I have not visited. These pics further emphasize my foolishness in not accepting that offer.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:14 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:47 am Yea, those pics are fantastic. I really hope to visit Maine one of these days.
+1 I have a friend from college who is a doctor/married to a doctor and they have a sweet pad in Bath AND an oceanfront house....and we have been invited And yet, I have not visited. These pics further emphasize my foolishness in not accepting that offer.
:wtf: Dirk. :| There's more to this hemisphere than a slice of desert and a slice of Mexico. :really:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:17 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:14 pm

:wtf: Dirk. :| There's more to this hemisphere than a slice of desert and a slice of Mexico. :really:
Indubitably sir. In the negative category I am probably guilty of going to Hawaii more times than I should but we have a time share that translates well there and airlines prices are cheap from CA. On the positive we are renting a condo in Durango, CO for the entire month of October, from which I plan to mount numerous strikes into UT, AZ, NM and CO. Also the daughter is in Dublin for 10 months so we'll be hitting Europe before May of 2023 no doubt.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Having gone to plenty of "exotic" locations I hold Hawaii above all else.
Merica
Safe(ish)
Quick 5 hr flight from cali that is usually under $500 RT
The only downsides are that places to stay can be pricy... but so far I have managed to make due under $250-300 a night every single time I have gone. I'll pick that over Maine at 1k, even though Maine is gorgeous.
Last edited by max225 on Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:49 pm Having gone to plenty of "exotic" locations I hold Hawaii above all else.
Merica
Safe(ish)
The only downsides are that places to stay can be pricy... but so far I have managed to make due under $250-300 a night every single time I have gone. I'll pick that over Main at 1k, even though Main is gorgeous.
It's reliable for sure. The food could be better.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:49 pm Having gone to plenty of "exotic" locations I hold Hawaii above all else.
Merica
Safe(ish)
The only downsides are that places to stay can be pricy... but so far I have managed to make due under $250-300 a night every single time I have gone. I'll pick that over Maine at 1k, even though Maine is gorgeous.
I am a big Hawaii fan as well, it's tough to beat. It's just expensive and a PITA to get to from the East Coast.

And again, the $1K was for a place for two couples and we found one for much cheaper. I'm saying it was $1K/night for a premo place for two couples. You could likely find hotels in the $200-500 range per night depending on location. This is all peak season as well. Still pricey, but I'd say in line with Hawaii if anything.

We normally are bargain hunters when it comes to accommodations, we had to work really hard to find reasonably priced stuff in Maine is all.

The first part of the trip we stayed at this place which was quite :nice: and reasonable: https://www.oceangateresort.com/
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:39 pm
Merica
Safe(ish)
I am a big Hawaii fan as well, it's tough to beat. It's just expensive and a PITA to get to from the East Coast.

And again, the $1K was for a place for two couples and we found one for much cheaper. I'm saying it was $1K/night for a premo place for two couples. You could likely find hotels in the $200-500 range per night depending on location. This is all peak season as well. Still pricey, but I'd say in line with Hawaii if anything.

We normally are bargain hunters when it comes to accommodations, we had to work really hard to find reasonably priced stuff in Maine is all.

The first part of the trip we stayed at this place which was quite :nice: and reasonable: https://www.oceangateresort.com/
That's a great place! I still need to do an east coast trip like that. I watched a few anthony bordain episodes from over there and they were quite nice.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:42 pm

That's a great place! I still need to do an east coast trip like that. I watched a few anthony bordain episodes from over there and they were quite nice.
East Coast road trip would be :neat: indeed, much like the West Coast, you could take as much time as you wanted and never really run out of stuff to see/do.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Merica
Safe(ish)

DAMN that looks nice.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:24 pm
wap wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:17 pm

Indubitably sir. In the negative category I am probably guilty of going to Hawaii more times than I should but we have a time share that translates well there and airlines prices are cheap from CA. On the positive we are renting a condo in Durango, CO for the entire month of October, from which I plan to mount numerous strikes into UT, AZ, NM and CO. Also the daughter is in Dublin for 10 months so we'll be hitting Europe before May of 2023 no doubt.
:zing: :megusta:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Tar wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:51 am
wap wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:34 am

:hai:
:dat:

What's new @MexicanYarisTK ?
Im coming back to the greatest country on earth within a few days, and I just forgot I have posted that. I barely touched my laptop. We're gonna have another nightly layover in Amsterdam on the way back as well.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Nice, Amsterdam is :tits:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Man, I climb out of one emotional sink hole only to get sucked into another one.
wap

Tar wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:12 am Man, I climb out of one emotional sink hole only to get sucked into another one.
Deets, :bruh:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tar wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:12 am Man, I climb out of one emotional sink hole only to get sucked into another one.
I understand this. Feel free to vent, breh!
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225

:wat: is happening
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:47 am
I need your help with this one bro, I'm beside myself and it's tough.

My 7 y/o has said for the second time this year that he wants to be dead by his 8th birthday, two months apart. He has no remorse about leaving it all behind. He's always been more moody and harder to deal with then his brother, so I know that he's wired for these kinds of issues.

If you happen to have any guidance or suggestions that you think we can do as parents to support him it would be appreciated.
wap

Tar wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:15 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:47 am

My 7 y/o has said for the second time this year that he wants to be dead by his 8th birthday, two months apart. He has no remorse about leaving it all behind. He's always been more moody and harder to deal with then his brother, so I know that he's wired for these kinds of issues.

If you happen to have any guidance or suggestions that you think we can do as parents to support him it would be appreciated.
Holy shit dude, that's terrifying! Can you get him into any sort of therapy or counseling, alone and/or with the rest of the family?

Alternative thought: Is he just saying this for attention and to get a reaction out of you?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:21 am
Tar wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:15 am

Holy shit dude, that's terrifying! Can you get him into any sort of therapy or counseling, alone and/or with the rest of the family?

Alternative thought: Is he just saying this for attention and to get a reaction out of you?
Therapy, yes. We do have a family session on occasion so we can bring this convo up and ask the councilor for additional direction which we will plan to do.

I don't know about the reaction piece, it just seems like he's being totally genuine in his statements. We even lied around this morning and talked about it in more detail, and I don't think he's out to off himself, but hopes it happens on its own so that he's not around. Poor kiddo :(
max225

Tar wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:25 am
wap wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:21 am

Therapy, yes. We do have a family session on occasion so we can bring this convo up and ask the councilor for additional direction which we will plan to do.

I don't know about the reaction piece, it just seems like he's being totally genuine in his statements. We even lied around this morning and talked about it in more detail, and I don't think he's out to off himself, but hopes it happens on its own so that he's not around. Poor kiddo :(
Damn usually this is something girls go through when they are 12-17... with their bodies all jacked up by hormones. I really hope that the little guy is just craving some attention and is using the wrong ways to go about it.

Can you get him more involved in some sort of sport/activities he may enjoy? Or perhaps he is involved in something that makes him :rage: and that's his way of going about it.
wap

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:44 am

Damn usually this is something girls go through when they are 12-17... with their bodies all jacked up by hormones. I really hope that the little guy is just craving some attention and is using the wrong ways to go about it.

Can you get him more involved in some sort of sport/activities he may enjoy? Or perhaps he is involved in something that makes him :rage: and that's his way of going about it.
Some decent idea here. Really hope you can get to the bottom of this. No kid deserves to have these feelings. :(
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:44 am

I can't add more at this time, he's doing soccer in the summer, ball hockey and TKD in the winter, and needs time to study. He is in camps with his brother as well... This week it was an outdoor thing with water, sports, games, snack bar, some have sucked.

He was at another kid's birthday party yesterday so maybe something made him :rage: and he fucking hates those party formats?? :iono: