OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:11 pm
wap wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:24 pm

Yep, that must be where I saw the Archimedes screw. We must have climbed into the same train.

We have this awesome beast at our Museum of Science and Industry here in Chicago:
Early diesel locomotive from the 1930's that is absolute :jimp: beautiful.
https://www.msichicago.org/explore/what ... er-zephyr/
:jimp: that is hot.
Right?!? I love how art deco it is. :megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:13 pm
Tar wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:56 pm

My 'rents are in Ormond Beach area (slightly North of Daytona), they got some flooding around them but not on their street, they are at the center of the peninsula which has saved the property may times before. They stayed at the house during the worst of it, didn't get much sleep and it was windy AF but not much damage afterwards. The neighbor had some soffit separate, and a section of fence that's fallen before go down again. My parents have one large palm tree that they are hoping to save, but that's about it. The storm did most of the damage on the west coast, and very little where they live.

Good luck with it, hopefully you're safe and the city/street doesn't incur much damage.
Seems all good here, we got a shit ton of rain, wind, downed branches and leaves, but no significant damage.
:fuckyeah: news!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Worst of the damage, downed tree in my neighborhood.

Mostly just lots of down debris.

wap

Great to hear!
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Cheese

Late but hurricane didn’t hit us too hard. It was like cat1/trop storm by the time it was closest to us. Knocked over parts of both fences and our big mango tree leaned over, took a small chunk out of the rain gutter and soffit. We were worried it was gonna fall on mom’s MDX.

Both roadsters are fine, we boxed them in with the van and MDX so it was less likely something came flying and hit them. Just a lot of plant debris stuck to all the cars. They all needed a good wash anyways.
Mk6 Jetta 1.8T with sketchy history (sold) -> :cheese:
IG: @cheesy_miata and @adeebsal
wap

adoob wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:50 am Late but hurricane didn’t hit us too hard. It was like cat1/trop storm by the time it was closest to us. Knocked over parts of both fences and our big mango tree leaned over, took a small chunk out of the rain gutter and soffit. We were worried it was gonna fall on mom’s MDX.

Both roadsters are fine, we boxed them in with the van and MDX so it was less likely something came flying and hit them. Just a lot of plant debris stuck to all the cars. They all needed a good wash anyways.
Also great news
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

adoob wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:50 am Late but hurricane didn’t hit us too hard. It was like cat1/trop storm by the time it was closest to us. Knocked over parts of both fences and our big mango tree leaned over, took a small chunk out of the rain gutter and soffit. We were worried it was gonna fall on mom’s MDX.

Glad you made it out relatively unscathed!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Made burgers for dinner. Put a griddle pan on the grill and got some nice smashes on the patties. Need to get an actual burger press. Made four for myself. Potato roll buns toasted on the griddle after the burgers came off. Tillamook cheddar on all four. Pickles on all four. Two with Dijon, two with normal mustard. One of each mustards got some fresh red onions. Got to play burger roulette when I put the top gun on all of them and couldn’t tell which was which until I bit in.
Last edited by SAWCE on Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SAWCE

Double post
Last edited by SAWCE on Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
SAWCE

Double post.
SAWCE

Double post
SAWCE

Double post
SAWCE

Lol Jesus. I kept quoting instead of editing the double post and couldn’t figure out wtf I was doing and why there were so many.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:33 am Lol Jesus. I kept quoting instead of editing the double post and couldn’t figure out wtf I was doing and why there were so many.
Regardless, the burgers sounded tasty as hell.

We had a bit of a clusterfuck day with the in-laws yesterday. Started with a two hour church service for my niece's baptism. It was a full country/rural NC church with everyone yelling proclamations, the pastor a super fired up hype man, his wife moaning interjections like 'thank you Jesus' throughout... both fascinating and :disgust:

We then went over to my SIL's and I thought we were having lunch... I had skipped breakfast as their food is always really heavy but we ended up just sitting there not doing shit waiting for the rest of the family until 3:30, I was starved. At least the food was good once we finally had it, chili, grilled cheeses, salad we brought, several desserts we brought and they made.

Now I have horrible farts today.
wap

SAWCE wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:27 pm Made burgers for dinner. Put a griddle pan on the grill and got some nice smashes on the patties. Need to get an actual burger press. Made four for myself. Potato roll buns toasted on the griddle after the burgers came off. Tillamook cheddar on all four. Pickles on all four. Two with Dijon, two with normal mustard. One of each mustards got some fresh red onions. Got to play burger roulette when I put the top gun on all of them and couldn’t tell which was which until I bit in.
Damn. :drool:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:33 am Lol Jesus. I kept quoting instead of editing the double post and couldn’t figure out wtf I was doing and why there were so many.
:impressive:
wap

Finally got to use the new patio and fire pit Saturday night. Had our drinking friends over and we went to a local microbrewery for beers and bar food, then we came back, opened up some wine and lit a fire. It was a perfect evening, low 50's, clear skies, slight breeze. Totally :megusta: and just what I wanted the pit and patio for. Then, to improve things more, :tits: had the bright idea to cut up some Polish sausage we had in the fridge and brought out some extendable bbq forks and we roasted the sausages over the fire. T'was a great evening.
wap

Oh, and my friend recently got a new Subie Forester Wilderness Edition which he let me drive home from the microbrewery because he was really enjoying the beers. Gotta say, while it was waaay too big for me, it was pretty :nice: overall. Attractive interior, very quiet and solid feeling. Had a lot of nice little touches like some color accents on the steering wheel and matching contrast stitching that matched the copper accents on the exterior. He put it in "sport mode" which was :yeahok: but whatever. Tried taking a turn like I would in my GTI and I thought we'd tip over, lol. But he had been driving a Dodge Caravan for the last 11 years and a Ferd Taurus for several years before that so the thing feels like a Lambo to him. Dunno if it had a CVT but it did have flappy paddles which worked :thisisfine: . LEDs were legit decent, switchgear felt solid, seats were comfy, with lots of adjustment options. Overall it was a pretty nice car for a non-car guy.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:03 am Oh, and my friend recently got a new Subie Forester Wilderness Edition which he let me drive home from the microbrewery because he was really enjoying the beers. Gotta say, while it was waaay too big for me, it was pretty :nice: overall. Attractive interior, very quiet and solid feeling. Had a lot of nice little touches like some color accents on the steering wheel and matching contrast stitching that matched the copper accents on the exterior. He put it in "sport mode" which was :yeahok: but whatever. Tried taking a turn like I would in my GTI and I thought we'd tip over, lol. But he had been driving a Dodge Caravan for the last 11 years and a Ferd Taurus for several years before that so the thing feels like a Lambo to him. Dunno if it had a CVT but it did have flappy paddles which worked :thisisfine: . LEDs were legit decent, switchgear felt solid, seats were comfy, with lots of adjustment options. Overall it was a pretty nice car for a non-car guy.
Do you know how much homie paid for the privilege of owning the peak Lesbian chariot with every option ticked?
wap

max225 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:12 am
wap wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:03 am Oh, and my friend recently got a new Subie Forester Wilderness Edition which he let me drive home from the microbrewery because he was really enjoying the beers. Gotta say, while it was waaay too big for me, it was pretty :nice: overall. Attractive interior, very quiet and solid feeling. Had a lot of nice little touches like some color accents on the steering wheel and matching contrast stitching that matched the copper accents on the exterior. He put it in "sport mode" which was :yeahok: but whatever. Tried taking a turn like I would in my GTI and I thought we'd tip over, lol. But he had been driving a Dodge Caravan for the last 11 years and a Ferd Taurus for several years before that so the thing feels like a Lambo to him. Dunno if it had a CVT but it did have flappy paddles which worked :thisisfine: . LEDs were legit decent, switchgear felt solid, seats were comfy, with lots of adjustment options. Overall it was a pretty nice car for a non-car guy.
Do you know how much homie paid for the privilege of owning the peak Lesbian chariot with every option ticked?
:lol:
I don't know exactly but I believe his :tits: mentioned to me that it was "under $37k OTD", or something like that. :notsure: , :doe:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:54 am Finally got to use the new patio and fire pit Saturday night. Had our drinking friends over and we went to a local microbrewery for beers and bar food, then we came back, opened up some wine and lit a fire. It was a perfect evening, low 50's, clear skies, slight breeze. Totally :megusta: and just what I wanted the pit and patio for. Then, to improve things more, :tits: had the bright idea to cut up some Polish sausage we had in the fridge and brought out some extendable bbq forks and we roasted the sausages over the fire. T'was a great evening.
:nice:

We had a 5/7 fall weekend here too once the hurricane passed through. Saturday evening we did a firepit at a party for my friends engagement.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

The CVTs from Subie are legit decent. I liked the Cucktrek I had as a rental a while back more than I care to admit.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:20 am
I don't know exactly but I believe his :tits: mentioned to me that it was "under $37k OTD", or something like that. :notsure: , :doe:
:idbu:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

wap wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:20 am
Prob after a 30k "trade in". But to be fair it is "only" 33.5k MSRP :notbad:
SAWCE

wap wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:54 am Finally got to use the new patio and fire pit Saturday night. Had our drinking friends over and we went to a local microbrewery for beers and bar food, then we came back, opened up some wine and lit a fire. It was a perfect evening, low 50's, clear skies, slight breeze. Totally :megusta: and just what I wanted the pit and patio for. Then, to improve things more, :tits: had the bright idea to cut up some Polish sausage we had in the fridge and brought out some extendable bbq forks and we roasted the sausages over the fire. T'was a great evening.
:fuckyeah: