Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

@Mario, here you go :mahman:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

FIRST! :fuckyeah: :carlton:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Since we've got a new new...

I will reply the things I wanted to over in 20.

@Coogs... that blows about the 'VID. Didn't you have it not all that long ago? Enjoy the dranks and laying low as much as you can. Maybe take that road bike out :hue:

@Detroit... I think the tilt/telescope will help immensely, the steering wheel is the biggest issue. I actually find this C3 neat-ish. :popcorn:

@JP... :disgust: I hope y'all are able to find a house that makes you happier soon.

It's funny, I actually have an EE minor, but even as an engineer, I'm kind of scared of messing with electrical in my house. High voltage is a bit of a :nope: for me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

wap wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:46 pm FIRST! :fuckyeah: :carlton:
:notbad: :bravo:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Griff we are looking but it’s rough right now. Sellers are greedy and the market is cooling off. I’ve seen a lot of beat ass expensive homes.

We did pick an area to focus on though. So that’s progress I think.

Fingers crossed we find something soon. Otherwise it’s another winter here.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:42 pm @Mario, here you go :mahman:
Cool, thanks! Let's see if that helps a bit.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Lol
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:impressive:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:55 pm Griff we are looking but it’s rough right now. Sellers are greedy and the market is cooling off. I’ve seen a lot of beat ass expensive homes.

Yeah man, it is stupid here as well... prices are insane. I agree that it's cooling off now, hopefully it improves rather quickly and you can get past all of the electrical and other :bs: issues.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:17 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:55 pm Griff we are looking but it’s rough right now. Sellers are greedy and the market is cooling off. I’ve seen a lot of beat ass expensive homes.

Yeah man, it is stupid here as well... prices are insane. I agree that it's cooling off now, hopefully it improves rather quickly and you can get past all of the electrical and other :bs: issues.
Oh that was all sorted 2 years ago. We still have knob and tube but it’s just the upstairs hallway light. So it shouldn’t overload the wires. I tried to get that replaced but the electrician I hired refused to work on it saying he’d damage the sparkle popcorn ceiling in the process of re wiring it. Oh well.

House problems now are water damage from busted pointing and a roof leak, and some minor paint work to do.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

first
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

buncha
:pout:

goin' on here lately
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:27 pm buncha

goin' on here lately
:wat:

I feel like it's been pretty dece. Dat electrical chat is very informative!

I am surprised overloading circuits is an issue anywhere outside of the kitchen in the home (or maybe the laundry room). Electronics, modern lights, etc. draw near zero current.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:01 pm

goin' on here lately

I am surprised overloading circuits is an issue anywhere outside of the kitchen in the home (or maybe the laundry room). Electronics, modern lights, etc. draw near zero current.
It isn't really unless you're running heavy duty stuff like AC units, dehumidifiers, old stereos (any old electronics). Yes, my 1970's Sansui 9090db receiver will dim the lights in a room if it's plugged into the same circuit...it draws THAT MUCH power.

Unmolested knob and tube in walls just for lighting really isn't in much danger of anything bad. Especially with an LED bulb/fixture.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:17 pm

It isn't really unless you're running heavy duty stuff like AC units, dehumidifiers, old stereos (any old electronics). Yes, my 1970's Sansui 9090db receiver will dim the lights in a room if it's plugged into the same circuit...it draws THAT MUCH power.

Unmolested knob and tube in walls just for lighting really isn't in much danger of anything bad. Especially with an LED bulb/fixture.
Its more when the system gets hacked up randomly so you have an outlet in the kitchen and one in the bathroom and two in random bedrooms and the dryer all connected on the same K&T circuit.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:28 pm

Its more when the system gets hacked up randomly so you have an outlet in the kitchen and one in the bathroom and two in random bedrooms and the dryer all connected on the same K&T circuit.
Yep, totally...that's where :nuke: happens.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Boss called me up. Apparently one of the managers is retiring abruptly. He said I should apply for the position.

:nosure: but I might give it a go. Would be a nice pay increase which helps since I'm the sole provider for the family. Could also open the door to a lot of things outside the utility industry.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:47 pm @Detroit... I think the tilt/telescope will help immensely, the steering wheel is the biggest issue. I actually find this C3 neat-ish. :popcorn:
I'm interested in the entire romantic idea of a "barn find". This thing legit hasn't moved in 35 years and was fine and 100% stock when parked. No clue what it'll take to get running, which will be a whole different thing. But it'll be a unique experience.

The car itself? Meh. I have been wanting a fun car for a bit, maybe the steering wheel will allow me to drive it and I'll take it for a while instead of my old man flipping it. Brubbing around our peninsula with the t-tops off blasting Boz Scags on 8-track could be enjoyable. Hagerty apparently has a massive C&C here (they're HQ'd in TC), would be fun to take it there and get laughed at a bit. At least I think the thing looks cool. I really like the 80-82 front end and duck tail
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:40 pm Boss called me up. Apparently one of the managers is retiring abruptly. He said I should apply for the position.

:nosure: but I might give it a go. Would be a nice pay increase which helps since I'm the sole provider for the family. Could also open the door to a lot of things outside the utility industry.
This is the big one IMO. Getting the experience to be able to jump around industries is 5/7.

:doit:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

goin' on here lately

It was bad in our 1940s San Diego house. The washer and dryer were in the kitchen so if they were running you couldn’t do anything else in there that needed electricity. Microwave, rice cooker, blender.. any of them would shut the whole thing down.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:28 pm

:dat:
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:40 pm Boss called me up. Apparently one of the managers is retiring abruptly. He said I should apply for the position.

:doit:
Good luck! :popcorn:
wap

D Griff wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:47 pm Since we've got a new new...

I will reply the things I wanted to over in 20.

@Coogs... that blows about the 'VID. Didn't you have it not all that long ago? Enjoy the dranks and laying low as much as you can. Maybe take that road bike out :hue:

@Detroit... I think the tilt/telescope will help immensely, the steering wheel is the biggest issue. I actually find this C3 neat-ish. :popcorn:

@JP... :disgust: I hope y'all are able to find a house that makes you happier soon.

It's funny, I actually have an EE minor, but even as an engineer, I'm kind of scared of messing with electrical in my house. High voltage is a bit of a :nope: for me.
Should you lock the old old :doe: ?