DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

I got a 400lb squat at some point. Stroink.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:05 pm I got a 400lb squat at some point. Stroink.
:nice: I may try to get under that while lifting with my BIL in Florida next month.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I'm putting this in the lifting thread although it a panhealth topic.

I am not drinking for the month of August, and no that doesn't mean I am subbing in weed, weed edibles, sleeping pills, anti-depressants or dat cocaine. High on life baby. It's been over 6 years (sadly) since I took such a lengthy time off, and for a 53 year old, the results have been interesting for sure. Also, for the last 10 days, I have been adding Creatine to my morning brotein smoothie per Sawceman recco.

1. Weight loss has NOT been as epic as I would anticipate for dumping 500-1000 calories per day of useless intake, but I will concede to adding some dessert after dinner to kill off the booze craving a bit. I am also eating more because I am hungrier because alcohol DOES fill some of the hunger pang void. Down about 5 lbs so far.

2. Sleep sucked the first two nights and has been about 2/3 since then, 2 nights of acceptable to good sleep vs. a third night of shittastic sleep. I certainly realize I have been using booze to help turn the lights out and that's really not acceptable.

3. The weight room is interestingly where I have seen the most effects of complete sobriety. Lifts are up across the board, recovery times are better, just a harder better workout almost every day. This fact alone may continue this experiment into September. It makes a difference for an old guy, and it is not lost on me that if my cells are reacting that way in the muscular system, how are the cells in my organs doing? I attribute this to both getting all my calories from a substance that can be used for muscular growth AND eliminating the deleterious side effects of the alcohol. IDK.

In workout notes, my deadlift had really been stuck at 315. I do a full 6 sets of pullups before the lift, I dont' really care about the weight per say, just want to see some progress. When I started doing the Nordic Hammy pulls, which I love by the way, the initial effect KILLED my deadlift as the hammy simply was getting trashed and did not have enough recovery time between leg day and DL day....But it is finally coming around and I pulled 280X7 today. Man those nordics are the tits....my favorite exercise right now, putting on hammy where no hammy ever was before. I also have added Romanian deadlifts to work on the upper hammy, as I have long felt weak hammys were an impediment to an overall DL growth.

That's my report.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:03 pm I'm putting this in the lifting thread although it a panhealth topic.

I am not drinking for the month of August, and no that doesn't mean I am subbing in weed, weed edibles, sleeping pills, anti-depressants or dat cocaine. High on life baby. It's been over 6 years (sadly) since I took such a lengthy time off, and for a 53 year old, the results have been interesting for sure. Also, for the last 10 days, I have been adding Creatine to my morning brotein smoothie per Sawceman recco.

1. Weight loss has NOT been as epic as I would anticipate for dumping 500-1000 calories per day of useless intake, but I will concede to adding some dessert after dinner to kill off the booze craving a bit. I am also eating more because I am hungrier because alcohol DOES fill some of the hunger pang void. Down about 5 lbs so far.

2. Sleep sucked the first two nights and has been about 2/3 since then, 2 nights of acceptable to good sleep vs. a third night of shittastic sleep. I certainly realize I have been using booze to help turn the lights out and that's really not acceptable.

3. The weight room is interestingly where I have seen the most effects of complete sobriety. Lifts are up across the board, recovery times are better, just a harder better workout almost every day. This fact alone may continue this experiment into September. It makes a difference for an old guy, and it is not lost on me that if my cells are reacting that way in the muscular system, how are the cells in my organs doing? I attribute this to both getting all my calories from a substance that can be used for muscular growth AND eliminating the deleterious side effects of the alcohol. IDK.

In workout notes, my deadlift had really been stuck at 315. I do a full 6 sets of pullups before the lift, I dont' really care about the weight per say, just want to see some progress. When I started doing the Nordic Hammy pulls, which I love by the way, the initial effect KILLED my deadlift as the hammy simply was getting trashed and did not have enough recovery time between leg day and DL day....But it is finally coming around and I pulled 280X7 today. Man those nordics are the tits....my favorite exercise right now, putting on hammy where no hammy ever was before. I also have added Romanian deadlifts to work on the upper hammy, as I have long felt weak hammys were an impediment to an overall DL growth.

That's my report.
This is a whole lot of :fuckyeah:

:fuckyeah:

5lbs in 17 days is nothing to scoff at either. A nice, healthy, sustainable rate of loss.

I’d been leaning on weed to sleep for a while, and after cutting it out for a few months to try to :baby: I’ve smoked a handful of times while we wait for fertility tests and shit and now it absolutely fucks my sleep up when I do smoke. Very interesting. High on life seems the way to go for sure.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:03 pm I'm putting this in the lifting thread although it a panhealth topic.

That's my report.
Very interesting, thanks for sharing. Were you drinking daily? or is that 500-1000 calories averaged over the week, some days none, others more?

Alcohol makes me sleep like shit, oddly enough. I sleep so much better without it, even a couple of drinks can ruin a night's rest.

I gave up alcohol for months earlier this year as you may recall and I actually gained weight because I essentially replaced it with snacking and desserts on weekends (I don't really drink Sunday-Thursday at all unless special occasion like football tailgating or vacation).

Glad to hear it's paying off in the weight room, I'd be interested in progress updates as you carry on with this.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:39 pm

That's my report.

5lbs in 17 days is nothing to scoff at either. A nice, healthy, sustainable rate of loss.

I’d been leaning on weed to sleep for a while, and after cutting it out for a few months to try to :baby: I’ve smoked a handful of times while we wait for fertility tests and shit and now it absolutely fucks my sleep up when I do smoke. Very interesting. High on life seems the way to go for sure.
I'm trying to use the month to evaluate my options. I'm not scarred by alcohol like Apex was/is, and I have had some great times with the stuff, mostly with good friends. A sunny afternoon on a Saturday with some drinks with good friends you haven't seen in a while..........that's fine living. But on the other hand its habitual use as DAILY method of "taking the edge off" and certainly use as a sleep aid.....that shit needs to go. We rented a place in Durango, CO for the month of October.........that isn't a month I would take off drinking, as we will have many visits by friends and family. Thinking about month on/month off or weekdays/weekends. TBD.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:46 pm
SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:39 pm

I'm trying to use the month to evaluate my options. I'm not scarred by alcohol like Apex was/is, and I have had some great times with the stuff, mostly with good friends. A sunny afternoon on a Saturday with some drinks with good friends you haven't seen in a while..........that's fine living. But on the other hand its habitual use as DAILY method of "taking the edge off" and certainly use as a sleep aid.....that shit needs to go. We rented a place in Durango, CO for the month of October.........that isn't a month I would take off drinking, as we will have many visits by friends and family. Thinking about month on/month off or weekdays/weekends. TBD.
Social use is good to go, IMO. I had a tall can at the Mariners game last week with my work team. It’s definitely a nice social activity/lubricant. Like you said, the daily usage is where you’ll start to run into issues.
SAWCE

Weekdays/weekends seems like a solid approach, with some flexibility for a random weeknight if seeing friends. That’s my plan for weed going forward. One or two hits spaced a decent amount before bed has a much smaller impact on my sleep from the little bit of testing I’ve done. So I’ll save it for Sundays when we do our weekly cheat meal together or a Friday/Saturday night here and there with my dudes. Then just raw dog life M-Th and rely on that iron therapy.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:09 pm Weekdays/weekends seems like a solid approach, with some flexibility for a random weeknight if seeing friends. That’s my plan for weed going forward. One or two hits spaced a decent amount before bed has a much smaller impact on my sleep from the little bit of testing I’ve done. So I’ll save it for Sundays when we do our weekly cheat meal together or a Friday/Saturday night here and there with my dudes. Then just raw dog life M-Th and rely on that iron therapy.
I think that's about it.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:41 pm

That's my report.
Very interesting, thanks for sharing. Were you drinking daily? or is that 500-1000 calories averaged over the week, some days none, others more?

Alcohol makes me sleep like shit, oddly enough. I sleep so much better without it, even a couple of drinks can ruin a night's rest.

I gave up alcohol for months earlier this year as you may recall and I actually gained weight because I essentially replaced it with snacking and desserts on weekends (I don't really drink Sunday-Thursday at all unless special occasion like football tailgating or vacation).

Glad to hear it's paying off in the weight room, I'd be interested in progress updates as you carry on with this.
Close enough to daily to call it daily. Pop a cold one at 6:00, back it with two one oz. tequila shots (sipped), 1/2 a bottle of red wine for dinner. More or less but that's the standard. That is 650 caloriesish. I'll follow up at the end of next week.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

I try to lay off the booze during the week, and if i do partake stick to wine or hard stuff. Some weeks I do good, some I dont. Its been a whirlwind of a few weeks with lots of partyin', so this week I'm failing at it...but whatever.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Sometimes vacations go a bit crazy with boozing, but I typically aim to do zero on weeknights, one or fewer 'big drinking sessions' (like 6+ drinks) per week and then maybe one day of 3-5. It's enough to still allow myself some fun with friends but not have major ill effects on my health/fitness/sleep.

It's occasionally hard to say no on work travel, free drinks and all, but I get drinks maybe one night out of every 10 on the road and at least keep my food costs down which keeps me under the radar at the company as far as spending.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:58 am Sometimes vacations go a bit crazy with boozing, but I typically aim to do zero on weeknights, one or fewer 'big drinking sessions' (like 6+ drinks) per week and then maybe one day of 3-5. It's enough to still allow myself some fun with friends but not have major ill effects on my health/fitness/sleep.

It's occasionally hard to say no on work travel, free drinks and all, but I get drinks maybe one night out of every 10 on the road and at least keep my food costs down which keeps me under the radar at the company as far as spending.
Sounds like a plan to me,
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I didn't really want to clog up the OT thread with this and it's semi related, particularly to :sawce: and :fax: knowledge.

I submitted a blood panel and met with a PA-C at a hormone focused clinic yesterday re: infertility as I've been very unhappy with the care of the urologist and fertility specialist. This PA said that she sees fertility specialists as really focused on treating women, so whenever the issue lies with the man, they normally jump to IVF as the way forward rather than trying to treat the :balls:

This was by far the best 'doctor' experience I've had in a long time, we went over everything in detail. She basically thinks I'm very healthy but have low testosterone and is prescribing HCG and Clomid, as well as a few supplements (Vit B/D/magnesium), I've decided to move forward with these. She also thinks that I may be over training which results in reduced :balls: performance - my body is dedicating too much of its energy to recovery from cycling 100-200 miles/week, running, lifting, etc. She also advised that alcohol certainly doesn't help - I think I'm going to go back to very low consumption, maybe 2-4 drinks once/week.

She was very understanding of my love for cycling and supportive of continuing but advised taking recovery more seriously and maybe bringing some more focus back to lifting to still enjoy my work out 'addiction' while balancing things a bit better and reducing long endurance cardio for this chapter of life.

All in all I'm stoked to try something new. I will be getting the scripts over this week, I have a :jizz: test next Friday to get a base line and after that I'll start with these medications.

Below are my test results with her analysis if anyone is curious. Probably a lot to share online but whatever.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Your CBC (complete blood count) shows normal white and red cell counts without evidence of a blood disorder.

Chemistry tests show normal electrolytes, kidney and liver function.

Your cholesterol profile shows total cholesterol of 169 and LDL (bad cholesterol) of 87. Your HDL (good cholesterol) is 72 which is cardio-protective the higher it is. Triglycerides are 50. These represent fats in our blood from excess sugar and starches in the diet. If elevated they are linked to insulin resistance. Overall this is a great cholesterol profile and I don't have any concerns here.

Blood sugars: Your fasting blood sugar was 77. Your hemoglobin A1c, which is a 3 month blood sugar average, was normal at 4.9%, Your insulin level is 3.3. This shows no signs of insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes.

The total testosterone is suboptimal at 270 and free testosterone is low at 5.1 and most definitely contributing to your symptoms and potentially lower sperm counts as well. Higher levels of testosterone will help improve lean body mass, weight loss, energy level, cognitive function, libido and sexual function and feeling of well being. In addition to lifestyle recommendations, we can use medications such as hcg and clomid to increase your natural production while improving fertility.

Your DHEA level, which is an androgen produced in the adrenal gland and has similar benefits to testosterone, is suboptimal at 301. I will recommend replacing this with oral DHEA targeting a level of 400-500. It helps with mood, energy, immune function, and memory.

Estradiol level is normal at 22.6. This may elevate once you start on clomid higher than is considered normal by conventional medicine standards. However, estrogen is a normal male hormone and protects against heart attack, stroke, osteoporosis, and improves cholesterol levels.

PSA is nice and low at 1.7 showing no signs of prostate cancer or inflammation.

Thyroid studies are unremarkable. Thyroid is a metabolic hormone that drives energy, cognition and fat metabolism.

HS CRP (High Sensitivity C Reactive Protein) is 0.16. Optimal is below 1. This is a measurement of inflammation, particularly vascular inflammation.

Your vitamin D level is suboptimal at 32 and I would like to see this between 50 and 80 and I will recommend a reputable brand. Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) is actually a hormone made from cholesterol and is essential for multiple metabolic processes and optimal health. Cholecalciferol is produced in the skin with exposure to sunlight. Suboptimal levels of vitamin D may be associated with increased risk of osteoporosis and fractures, inflammatory conditions, heart disease, colon cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer and diabetes.

Your ferritin level, which is a measure of iron stores, is 124. I like to see this at least above 70. Low ferritin can cause severe fatigue, exhaustion and low energy. However, if it is >150, it is a sign of inflammation.

Your uric acid level looks good at 4.9. Optimal is <5.5. Elevated uric acid is a sign of and driver of metabolic dysfunction and chronic diseases including hypertension, obesity, kidney disease, sleep apnea, stroke, arthritis and vascular dementia.

Vitamin B12 level is below optimal at 448. Vitamin B12 is an extremely important vitamin that is involved with multiple metabolic processes within our cells. It is water-soluble and excreted in the urine rapidly and we do not have enough in our diet. It has been shown to reduce homocysteine which is associated with increased risk of cardiovascular disease. Due to genetic variations, some people do not convert B12 into its active form so I will recommend a specific brand through fullscript.

Your homocysteine level is elevated at 11.9 and needs attention. We want it below 7. Elevated homocysteine levels are associated with increased risk of cardiovascular disease, dementia, cancer, and strokes. Factors that can contribute to high homocysteine levels include: insufficient B vitamins, genetic variations, high-methionine diet (including red meat and dairy products), smoking, advancing age, obesity.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:19 am I didn't really want to clog up the OT thread with this and it's semi related, particularly to :sawce: and :fax: knowledge.

I submitted a blood panel and met with a PA-C at a hormone focused clinic yesterday re: infertility as I've been very unhappy with the care of the urologist and fertility specialist. This PA said that she sees fertility specialists as really focused on treating women, so whenever the issue lies with the man, they normally jump to IVF as the way forward rather than trying to treat the :balls:

This was by far the best 'doctor' experience I've had in a long time, we went over everything in detail. She basically thinks I'm very healthy but have low testosterone and is prescribing HCG and Clomid, as well as a few supplements (Vit B/D/magnesium), I've decided to move forward with these. She also thinks that I may be over training which results in reduced :balls: performance - my body is dedicating too much of its energy to recovery from cycling 100-200 miles/week, running, lifting, etc. She also advised that alcohol certainly doesn't help - I think I'm going to go back to very low consumption, maybe 2-4 drinks once/week.

She was very understanding of my love for cycling and supportive of continuing but advised taking recovery more seriously and maybe bringing some more focus back to lifting to still enjoy my work out 'addiction' while balancing things a bit better and reducing long endurance cardio for this chapter of life.

All in all I'm stoked to try something new. I will be getting the scripts over this week, I have a :jizz: test next Friday to get a base line and after that I'll start with these medications.

Below are my test results with her analysis if anyone is curious. Probably a lot to share online but whatever.
Dude, glad you are taking action here, best thing you can do. i am switching to a subscription service private dr as well. Big medical sucks. My doc at the clinic was ok, just the big clinic sucks.

re: bold... looking at your levels below...
D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:19 am

The total testosterone is suboptimal at 270 and free testosterone is low at 5.1 and most definitely contributing to your symptoms and potentially lower sperm counts as well. Higher levels of testosterone will help improve lean body mass, weight loss, energy level, cognitive function, libido and sexual function and feeling of well being. In addition to lifestyle recommendations, we can use medications such as hcg and clomid to increase your natural production while improving fertility.

Estradiol level is normal at 22.6. This may elevate once you start on clomid higher than is considered normal by conventional medicine standards. However, estrogen is a normal male hormone and protects against heart attack, stroke, osteoporosis, and improves cholesterol levels.

PSA is nice and low at 1.7 showing no signs of prostate cancer or inflammation.

Your ferritin level, which is a measure of iron stores, is 124. I like to see this at least above 70. Low ferritin can cause severe fatigue, exhaustion and low energy. However, if it is >150, it is a sign of inflammation.

Your uric acid level looks good at 4.9. Optimal is <5.5. Elevated uric acid is a sign of and driver of metabolic dysfunction and chronic diseases including hypertension, obesity, kidney disease, sleep apnea, stroke, arthritis and vascular dementia.

How old are you? like ~35 IIRC? calling a total test of 270 suboptimal is generous, and a free of 5.1? Those are both fucking criminally low.

Lets talk test before anything else. Taking testerone supplement will kill what little production you have left. Your doc is 100% right on track here prescribing HCG and clomid. I had to get on Clomid to have our kid, so data point of 1 but the shit can work. went from test of nothing (literally, after being on TRT a handful of years) to like 900. Spunk became spunky. Pregnancy ensued.

Pay attention to how you feel on the clomid. some people successfully utilize this as a backdoor TRT, or a way to get the old :balls: making the Test the way the creator intended or something. For me personally? I still felt like absolute shit. When test climbs so will Estradiol, and that ratio is what makes you feel like shit. Some people can feel ok on the chomid, but it pumped up my Estradiol too much..its was well over 100 - way too high. YMMV. Since it was short term we let it ride.
Doc might suggest anastrizol to control E2. (Estradiol). Listen to her for purposes of :baby: makin, but bad idea to do this long term, like say if you decided to do TRT or use clomid as a TRT treatment. This is a level/ratio your body naturally self regulates. Reference ranges on blood tests are nearly worthless as guidance.... its the RATIO that matters generally speaking you want E2 about 10% of free test. Everyone is different but that ratio was way off for me on clomid.
You clearly dont have performance issues yet, but with test that low they on the way. Doc is right to focus on recovery and not beat yourself to shit. Lift heavy 2-3 days and do one cardio day and that should maintain health/sanity and give you adequate recovery. Oh and sleep. Thats how you recover. need to eat enough and sleep. Put your vegan shit on hold and eat some meat that will help too, at least one meal a day. We are made of proteins, and meat simply has more of them bio-available to build things like sperm.

PSA is generally misunderstood. They will tell you that TRT can cause prostate cancer, when its really LOW T that does. who gets it? old fucks. What are they? Low T, generally. T is PROTECTIVE of the prostate. By all means track it annually and it starts to trend up or spike get an MRI. But when doc tell you TRT will cause prostate cancer..... well take their advice with a cup of :salt:

Uric acid, the GOUTTTTT. Keep an eye on it, if elevated nothing good. Gout sucks. Again erreyone different but for me bread, sugar, beer, were triggers. If you not having symptoms of the gout just keep an eye on this. Its like a chronic stress on your body to clear, and if its doing more of that its making less sperms. Again, sleep and recovery and not over training.

Anywho, good luck. Sounds like you found a not-dumbass corporate doc to help you out here, I'd put money on your lady seeing a positive test within a year from now. :like:
SAWCE

Dude she sounds like a great doctor. Clomid and HCG will get your levels up a bit. After you Allison pregnant though, I’d strongly consider getting on a TRT dose of testosterone and riding off into the sunset a changed man. The general :eeyore: ddoom: :thisisfine: that you feel will feel much much lighter. The vitamin D will boost with help with your recovery, and like you mentioned, cutting back alcohol will as well. When that’s in our system we never truly get to the stages of deep sleep that we need for recovery.
SAWCE

Oh, another less talked about effect of alcohol that will help if you cut back on it, is that it impairs testosterone production.. so cutting back will help raise your levels ever so slightly by itself and should really help the Clomid and HCG work.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:03 am I’d strongly consider getting on a TRT dose of testosterone and riding off into the sunset a changed man. The general :eeyore: ddoom: :thisisfine: that you feel will feel much much lighter.
its also great birth control for most low t men :jizz:
SAWCE

golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:29 am
SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:03 am I’d strongly consider getting on a TRT dose of testosterone and riding off into the sunset a changed man. The general :eeyore: ddoom: :thisisfine: that you feel will feel much much lighter.
Generally, yes. I couldn’t believe how high my sperm count was when I got tested. I’ve been on 750mg/week of just test, and over a gram a week when you consider other anabolics I was taking with it for a few years now, minus a few 8-10 week breaks I took, and my sperm count was over the normal range with motility at the high end of the normal range :lol: I’m built to breed.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Thanks for the pro tips, boys.

Interesting points overall. My sleep is generally pretty good, I go to bed early (like 9-10) and get +/- 7 hours. Alcohol DOES trash my sleep and make me feel bad, even a couple of beers can do this, which is one reason why I don't really casually have a couple of beers on a weeknight or whatever. I don't mind having one night a week of crappy sleep from boozin' but more that that catches up really quickly and is :disgust:

Another thing that's :disgust: is that the urologist stated my T was 'on the lower side of normal but not low enough to consider clomid'. Same guy who said whey protein could be lowering my :jizz: Meanwhile yesterday's chick was adamant that if there was any impact from whey it could be a slight increase.

Anywho, I'm stoked to be trying something different. Hopefully I don't see negative side effects, but it'll be interesting for sure.

@ :sawce: what do you think about a workout plan? Exercise is more important to me than most anything in life (other than maybe friends/family) so I'd like to kind of jump back into lifting head first. I don't think one cardio sesh/week will satiate for me at all, I'm thinking something like three/week cardio and the same for lifting, plus I generally walk the dog daily a few miles. I think I'll just shorten the cardio sessions, currently I average probably two hours, I'll fun for like 60-90 minutes or ride anywhere from 60-six hours. I will probably dump the very long rides other than very occasionally and maybe ride twice/week, do one run/week or something like that depending on my travel schedule.

What's a good program to run for 3X/week lifting? I loved 531 in the past but hurt my back a couple of times, not really super interested in very heavy DL/squats anymore. I can currently DL 255X5 or so which is fine as far as strength goes. I also don't want to do anything crazy leg heavy as I'll likely be cycling for 3-4 hours/week still plus some relaxed commute type riding.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:02 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:29 am

Generally, yes. I couldn’t believe how high my sperm count was when I got tested. I’ve been on 750mg/week of just test, and over a gram a week when you consider other anabolics I was taking with it for a few years now, minus a few 8-10 week breaks I took, and my sperm count was over the normal range with motility at the high end of the normal range :lol: I’m built to breed.
90% of this shit is just pure luck :lolol: Like Eric always says, the key to a pregnancy is a pack of Marlboro reds and a bottle of tekillya.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:42 am Thanks for the pro tips, boys.

Interesting points overall. My sleep is generally pretty good, I go to bed early (like 9-10) and get +/- 7 hours. Alcohol DOES trash my sleep and make me feel bad, even a couple of beers can do this, which is one reason why I don't really casually have a couple of beers on a weeknight or whatever. I don't mind having one night a week of crappy sleep from boozin' but more that that catches up really quickly and is :disgust:

Another thing that's :disgust: is that the urologist stated my T was 'on the lower side of normal but not low enough to consider clomid'. Same guy who said whey protein could be lowering my :jizz: Meanwhile yesterday's chick was adamant that if there was any impact from whey it could be a slight increase.

Anywho, I'm stoked to be trying something different. Hopefully I don't see negative side effects, but it'll be interesting for sure.

@ :sawce: what do you think about a workout plan? Exercise is more important to me than most anything in life (other than maybe friends/family) so I'd like to kind of jump back into lifting head first. I don't think one cardio sesh/week will satiate for me at all, I'm thinking something like three/week cardio and the same for lifting, plus I generally walk the dog daily a few miles. I think I'll just shorten the cardio sessions, currently I average probably two hours, I'll fun for like 60-90 minutes or ride anywhere from 60-six hours. I will probably dump the very long rides other than very occasionally and maybe ride twice/week, do one run/week or something like that depending on my travel schedule.

What's a good program to run for 3X/week lifting? I loved 531 in the past but hurt my back a couple of times, not really super interested in very heavy DL/squats anymore. I can currently DL 255X5 or so which is fine as far as strength goes. I also don't want to do anything crazy leg heavy as I'll likely be cycling for 3-4 hours/week still plus some relaxed commute type riding.
I would think that if you're going to stick with the cardio (which you should), keep it to zone 2. 120-135bpm, mostly nasal breathing, really low stress stuff. It'll allow you to avoid losing the fitness you've worked so hard for, but not put much real stress on the body.
SAWCE

For 3x a week you have a few options.a you could go full body, provided that none of the days are back to back. In this set up I’d hit every muscle group with two movements and do two working sets for each of those movements. Working sets being taken to absolute failure.

Other option I like is push/pull/legs. In the full body set up you’re doing 12 working sets per week per body part, so you can just transfer that over to the push pull legs and do more movements per body part. So each body part on a ppl spit I would hit with four movements, three working sets each.

A third option is upper, lower, accessory day. Chest, back, and shoulders for upper, quads, glutes, hamstrings for lower, then like calves and arms or something fun for the accessory day. Same volume to start ~12 working sets per muscle group per week.

If you aren’t growing/recovering between sessions I’d lower the volume a little bit to 8-10 working sets per muscle group until you get your recovery better. When/if you hop on the TRT sawce, you could potentially bump that up to 15-20 working sets/week.
SAWCE

coogles wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:07 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:42 am Thanks for the pro tips, boys.

I would think that if you're going to stick with the cardio (which you should), keep it to zone 2. 120-135bpm, mostly nasal breathing, really low stress stuff. It'll allow you to avoid losing the fitness you've worked so hard for, but not put much real stress on the body.
This is good too. My cardio goal is 120-140bpm, but I rarely even get that high. 30 minutes 5x a week on a treadmill. 3mph, 6° incline. Keeps me in shape while I’m adding mass.