Johnny_P's Street Parking Palooza

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:55 am
[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:45 am

He cleaned it, why would I be :triggered: ?

I'd be :triggered: if he showed up to the PDRBQ with a still-filthy car.
Would you go a year without cleaning your rams at all?
:dat:

I mean I put em away for the winter dirty :aintcare: stacked them in my basement and just washed my hands afterwards :fuckyeah:
Johnny_P

I bought a new lamb's ballsack hair wash mitt, a bunch of microfiber towels on sail, and some meguiar's gold class soap yesterday
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:58 am I bought a new lamb's ballsack hair wash mitt, a bunch of microfiber towels on sail, and some meguiar's gold class soap yesterday
Are you going to squirt the soap on the car from your window as it's raining?
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:25 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:58 am I bought a new lamb's ballsack hair wash mitt, a bunch of microfiber towels on sail, and some meguiar's gold class soap yesterday
Not a bad idea. Soap it up after it's been raining for a bit, let :jesus: do the rest.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:00 am
Apex wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:25 am

Not a bad idea. Soap it up after it's been raining for a bit, let :jesus: do the rest.
:dat:
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:36 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:29 am Washed my summer rams for the first time EVER yesterday.

Holy God :mindblown: at the amount of brake dust on them. They clean now though. Hoping to swap the wheels and wash her today after work.

:csb:
inb4zil :triggered:
TBH its causing a fair amount of :triggered: over here on the left coast.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P

:whocares:
Desertbreh

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:01 pm:whocares:
Many of us care John. You are treating a brand new sports sedan like a 79 Chevette with no hubcaps. Its felonious.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Cleaning wheels is a PITA waste of time. I do it a couple of times a year when the filth gets too bad. They look dirty again the next fucking day. :disgust:
Apex

Ya'll are doing it :wrong:

troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:29 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:21 pm Cleaning wheels is a PITA waste of time. I do it a couple of times a year when the filth gets too bad. They look dirty again the next fucking day. :disgust:
Hence why I buy grey wheels with non-complex spoke patterns. ;)
:word:

I got mine because they were cheap and used, but 9 spokes is still too many. 5 spokes with no hard edges would be ideal, like Porsche turbro twists. 10 seconds to clean...

Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:16 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:01 pm:whocares:
Many of us care John. You are treating a brand new sports sedan like a 79 Chevette with no hubcaps. Its felonious.
Come at me bro
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

:bruh:

You can get a sweet new AWE exhaust for the tractor now!
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:15 pm :bruh:

Neat
I should look into it actually
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Johnny_P wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:15 pm :bruh:

Neat
I should look into it actually
It actually looks reasonably priced too. At least compared to VW prices. I don't know how much Subaru stuff is.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Johnny_P

Haven't posted about this car a whole ton lately. So here's an update for :whocares:

Took it up to the Haus of [user not found] for Meatfest 2018. Had a dude named Luke pull the two dents out of my passenger side rear door and quarter panel. $100 and my car looks brand fucking new again. Z brought out his industrial sized waxing machine and made that one door shiny too, all the white paint is gone and there was zero paint damage on the door. A tiny bit of paint damage on the quarter but nobody cares.

That got rid of the biggest annoyance with my car actually... the constant reminder that other people will damage your shit. In all honesty, over the last 1.5 years it hasn't been fucked with any more than you'd expect for a car anywhere else. A couple small bumper scratches but that's it. More than one person commented that the paint looked awesome for having been washed twice in its life and never waxed, lol. I'll remedy that soon, I do want to take care of this thing more than I am it's just hard to get that unicorn parking spot out front to wash it.

Nothing has broken on the car. Just crossed 6k miles with it on Monday. So nothing should. But at 1.5 years of being beat up by potholes and city lunar surface streets and constant 0-30-0 repeats, I'm rather impressed that it's not rattling like a baby toy. The rear parcel deck buzzes at 1500 RPM, and there's a small rattle in the driver door occasionally. There's also an intermittent rattle that I think is the passenger seat. All way less than the GTI did. Which is interesting because Subarus are known to be buzzboxes whereas VW's have a "higher build quality and are more solid". Take it how you will.

I do not get annoyed driving this car like I did the GTI. There's no understeer, no wheel spin, no surging, no lugging since I keep the revs higher. The brakes are fucking perfect in this. The steering talks to you and is super direct. You can change cornering attitude with throttle inputs. Visibility out the thing is fantastic even with the wang. The ride is bouncy/busy at low speeds but I've discussed this before. It smooths out over 30 MPH. The clutch is a little tricky combined with the aggressive throttle tip in but it's manageable. The smorgasbord of magic diffs is truly overkill but does help with cornering stability.

I love it. I do want to plac for a drop top after a ride in Z's short bus. But I love this car. Best car I've ever owned, and I will truly miss it when the time comes to move on. I've been taking it weekly, sometimes twice a week, on fast romps on unused roads in the area.... something I stopped doing very quickly when I got the GTI because it just wasn't worth it.
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:43 am Image

Blah, Blah, Blah...
You show us a pic of the side that had nothing done to it. :butwhy:
Johnny_P

Apex wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 8:57 am

Blah, Blah, Blah...
Wasn't thinking about the shiny door when I parked :bruh: I was only thinking about #lightbro when I snapped the pic.

Hasn't rained yet. Will get a pic of the beading water door when that happens :lol:
Apex

Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 9:00 am

Wasn't thinking about the shiny door when I parked :bruh: I was only thinking about #lightbro when I snapped the pic.

Hasn't rained yet. Will get a pic of the beading water door when that happens :lol:
:fuckyeah: :lol:
dtraill27
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 Mazda 6

Blah, Blah, Blah...
lol that's exactly my first thought. Clearly he dented the door again and is afraid to show
Johnny_P

dtraill27 wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 8:34 pm

lol that's exactly my first thought. Clearly he dented the door again and is afraid to show
:lolol: :gtfo:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:43 am Haven't posted about this car a whole ton lately. So here's an update for :whocares:

Took it up to the Haus of [user not found] for Meatfest 2018. Had a dude named Luke pull the two dents out of my passenger side rear door and quarter panel. $100 and my car looks brand fucking new again. Z brought out his industrial sized waxing machine and made that one door shiny too, all the white paint is gone and there was zero paint damage on the door. A tiny bit of paint damage on the quarter but nobody cares.

That got rid of the biggest annoyance with my car actually... the constant reminder that other people will damage your shit. In all honesty, over the last 1.5 years it hasn't been fucked with any more than you'd expect for a car anywhere else. A couple small bumper scratches but that's it. More than one person commented that the paint looked awesome for having been washed twice in its life and never waxed, lol. I'll remedy that soon, I do want to take care of this thing more than I am it's just hard to get that unicorn parking spot out front to wash it.

Nothing has broken on the car. Just crossed 6k miles with it on Monday. So nothing should. But at 1.5 years of being beat up by potholes and city lunar surface streets and constant 0-30-0 repeats, I'm rather impressed that it's not rattling like a baby toy. The rear parcel deck buzzes at 1500 RPM, and there's a small rattle in the driver door occasionally. There's also an intermittent rattle that I think is the passenger seat. All way less than the GTI did. Which is interesting because Subarus are known to be buzzboxes whereas VW's have a "higher build quality and are more solid". Take it how you will.

I do not get annoyed driving this car like I did the GTI. There's no understeer, no wheel spin, no surging, no lugging since I keep the revs higher. The brakes are fucking perfect in this. The steering talks to you and is super direct. You can change cornering attitude with throttle inputs. Visibility out the thing is fantastic even with the wang. The ride is bouncy/busy at low speeds but I've discussed this before. It smooths out over 30 MPH. The clutch is a little tricky combined with the aggressive throttle tip in but it's manageable. The smorgasbord of magic diffs is truly overkill but does help with cornering stability.

I love it. I do want to plac for a drop top after a ride in Z's short bus. But I love this car. Best car I've ever owned, and I will truly miss it when the time comes to move on. I've been taking it weekly, sometimes twice a week, on fast romps on unused roads in the area.... something I stopped doing very quickly when I got the GTI because it just wasn't worth it.
Pretty much all of :dat:. This car is stupid fun.

I've been reading about how terrible the stock alignment supposedly is, I've been thinking about taking it to a shop here in town that track preps cars to see how much they can improve the stock understeery-ness. I guess these cars come with -2* plus of negative camber in the back and gain more when the suspension compresses, which keeps the car from rotating. Front is less than 1 degree from the factory in most cases, so the tires roll over under heavy cornering. Get to around -2* up front, back off to -.5* in back, zero out the toe all around and voila, these things come alive, I guess.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 1:10 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:43 am Haven't posted about this car a whole ton lately. So here's an update for :whocares:

I've been reading about how terrible the stock alignment supposedly is, I've been thinking about taking it to a shop here in town that track preps cars to see how much they can improve the stock understeery-ness. I guess these cars come with -2* plus of negative camber in the back and gain more when the suspension compresses, which keeps the car from rotating. Front is less than 1 degree from the factory in most cases, so the tires roll over under heavy cornering. Get to around -2* up front, back off to -.5* in back, zero out the toe all around and voila, these things come alive, I guess.
So the recommendation that I saw for alignment was to zero the toe on all wheels, and run as much negative camber as the adjustments will allow. Usually this ends up -1.5* camber on the front and IDK what on the back. But I dunno man I don't feel any understeer. It turns in lightning quick and razor sharp for me. My car only understeers if you get really stupid with it, or if you go to kick the back end out, it'll sort of understeer for a second before the diffs whiz the power to the back and lock, throwing the back end around. Which I find hilariously fun, that tiny fraction of understeer imparts a sense of confidence and then the car gradually transfers to oversteer.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 1:28 pm
coogles wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 1:10 pm

So the recommendation that I saw for alignment was to zero the toe on all wheels, and run as much negative camber as the adjustments will allow. Usually this ends up -1.5* camber on the front and IDK what on the back. But I dunno man I don't feel any understeer. It turns in lightning quick and razor sharp for me. My car only understeers if you get really stupid with it, or if you go to kick the back end out, it'll sort of understeer for a second before the diffs whiz the power to the back and lock, throwing the back end around. Which I find hilariously fun, that tiny fraction of understeer imparts a sense of confidence and then the car gradually transfers to oversteer.
Don't fuck with it unless you're having tire wear issues. Alignments are very difficult to do right, unless you find an epic shop that is run by racer bros.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 4:31 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 1:28 pm

Don't fuck with it unless you're having tire wear issues. Alignments are very difficult to do right, unless you find an epic shop that is run by racer bros.
The more flatbrims at the shop the better. Monster Energy flatbrims at that.