Johnny_P's Street Parking Palooza

Strut your greasy stuff!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

razr390 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:29 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:29 am

Find me a good plate frame then? $15 tops. Kind of thought a rising sun frame might be cool, then thought I'd probably get my tires slashed by a salty veteran.

Could always just do "I love my pit bull" or puppy paw prints :lolgasm:
1. https://www.amazon.com/Animal-License-C ... B00AGKJ6N6

2. https://www.etsy.com/listing/291563275/ ... :291563275

3. https://www.etsy.com/listing/539096143/ ... gallery_25
:lolol:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:16 pm https://rumblebrothers.com/collections/ ... le-sticker

:lolgasm: I might buy this
:lolol:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:16 pm https://rumblebrothers.com/collections/ ... le-sticker

:lolgasm: I might buy this
:lolol: Seems appropriate.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P

So the Progressive lady that has tried to contact me hasn't been able to get ahold of me. So I call her back and crickets for 24 hours. So now according to them the claim is closed.

What do? Re-open with them? Get a touch up paint pen and handle it myself? IDK if repairs are even worth the hassle on this.

This is such a fucking pain in the ass.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:18 pm So the Progressive lady that has tried to contact me hasn't been able to get ahold of me. So I call her back and crickets for 24 hours. So now according to them the claim is closed.

What do? Re-open with them? Get a touch up paint pen and handle it myself? IDK if repairs are even worth the hassle on this.

:wat: happened.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:48 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:18 pm So the Progressive lady that has tried to contact me hasn't been able to get ahold of me. So I call her back and crickets for 24 hours. So now according to them the claim is closed.

Egg-splosion.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote:

max225

Wait what the shit happened ? Someone egged your car? Are you getting repaint?
Johnny_P

They'll probably want me to go to some "approved repair facility" where :manuel: will give it a cheap spray job and it'll somehow come in less than my deductible meaning :butwhy: even deal with insurance in the first place. Only reason to go through insurance is I have rental coverage, which would provide me a car while this :bs: gets taken care of.

You can't see any of the damage standing next to the car, as it's all on the roof. So it's not a cosmetic problem. IDK if it's totally through all paint layers and down to the base metal or not, rust would be my concern. Maybe just touch up the bigger spots (about the size of a pen tip) and wax it and be done?
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:55 pm Wait what the shit happened ? Someone egged your car? Are you getting repaint?
Car got egged. Whole block was egged for no apparent reason. Only egg on my car was right above the rear window. Couldn't get in contact with the insurance lady, so now "case is closed" according to them. Because they have some bs policy where they don't pick up the phone when you call and instead call back within 24 hours. 21 days of tag later and tough luck for me, apparently.

So now I'm wondering if I re-open the case with insurance or just :aintcare:
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:58 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:55 pm Wait what the shit happened ? Someone egged your car? Are you getting repaint?
Car got egged. Whole block was egged for no apparent reason. Only egg on my car was right above the rear window. Couldn't get in contact with the insurance lady, so now "case is closed" according to them. Because they have some bs policy where they don't pick up the phone when you call and instead call back within 24 hours. 21 days of tag later and tough luck for me, apparently.

Is there more damage than your deductable ?
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:01 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:58 pm

I have no idea because Octavia never actually successfully got in touch with me and now she conveniently closed the case. So no estimate or anything, 21 days later.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:03 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:01 pm

I have no idea because Octavia never actually successfully got in touch with me and now she conveniently closed the case. So no estimate or anything, 21 days later.
Why don't you take it to a bodyshop? They give free estimates in minutes
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:06 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:03 pm

Because the whole thing is such a massive pain in the ass to deal with something so small. Get them to reopen the case, take it to body shop, leave it with body shop, get insurance lady who won't answer her phone to magically show up at body shop, get car back with a dinged carfox, now it's worth less despite actually being "fixed", and then the paint flakes off in 2 years because shit quality.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:08 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:06 pm

Because the whole thing is such a massive pain in the ass to deal with something so small. Get them to reopen the case, take it to body shop, leave it with body shop, get insurance lady who won't answer her phone to magically show up at body shop, get car back with a dinged carfox, now it's worth less despite actually being "fixed", and then the paint flakes off in 2 years because shit quality.
Nah breh, you can just take it yourself to any body shop for a free estimate. Just so you have an idea. They won't look at the VIN or anything. Don't even need to get insurance involved.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:09 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:08 pm

Nah breh, you can just take it yourself to any body shop for a free estimate. Just so you have an idea. They won't look at the VIN or anything. Don't even need to get insurance involved.
I understand that I can get an estimate from anywhere.

There's only been one time that I've actually had quality body shop work done. Most shops do a spray and pray and you end up with some shit job where the paint is toast in 2 years because nothing was done correctly. What's the point of paying $1900/year for insurance if you don't want to use it? IMO factory paint > anything :manuel: will do in his non-humidity controlled, non-temperature controlled garage.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:14 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:09 pm

There's only been one time that I've actually had quality body shop work done. Most shops do a spray and pray and you end up with some shit job where the paint is toast in 2 years because nothing was done correctly. What's the point of paying $1900/year for insurance if you don't want to use it? IMO factory paint > anything :manuel: will do in his non-humidity controlled, non-temperature controlled garage.
Insurance is mostly a waste of money. I've never once used it, and hopefully won't have to.

Of course, you want to do some research on shops in the area and pick one that's above the rest...but it's probably not a bad idea to just get a quote to understand.

Though if it were me, I'd just touch it up and keep it sealed, ZFG. It doesn't seem that big? :iono:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:22 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:14 pm

Insurance is mostly a waste of money. I've never once used it, and hopefully won't have to.

Of course, you want to do some research on shops in the area and pick one that's above the rest...but it's probably not a bad idea to just get a quote to understand.

Though if it were me, I'd just touch it up and keep it sealed, ZFG. It doesn't seem that big? :iono:
It's not a huge area, maybe a circle the size of a coffee mug with random pin and pen point size damage. I could get 80% of it with a touch up pen and then just wax over it. Honestly this is less "damage" than most cars have on their hoods from highway rock chips.

I've used insurance a lot, and every time it's a fucking shit show of things taking way too long and inconvenience. Cavallo auto body wasn't bad to deal with and did nice work. Their paint job was the only one that I've ever had that has held up to any sort of normal street use. They'll be $900-1500 for the roof job I bet. Octavia's "certified body shop" will be $350 and good news it won't even surpass my deductible! YAY! :rolleyes:
Last edited by Johnny_P on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:24 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:22 pm

It's not a huge area, maybe a circle the size of a coffee mug with random pin and pen point size damage. I could get 80% of it with a touch up pen and then just wax over it. Honestly this is less "damage" than most cars have on their hoods from highway rock chips.
May also want to consider Dr Colorchip. It worked wonders on my C5, would probably work pretty will with the pin hits. Do a few applications to build it up, then wax over it and :aintcare:
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:26 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:24 pm

May also want to consider Dr Colorchip. It worked wonders on my C5, would probably work pretty will with the pin hits. Do a few applications to build it up, then wax over it and :aintcare:
Not a bad idea
Johnny_P

Bought some Dr. Color :jizz: so we'll see if that does the trick.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:17 pm Bought some Dr. Color :jizz: so we'll see if that does the trick.
It should. Might take a few applications to get it mostly covered, but I bet you'll be :notbad: with the results.
Johnny_P

Car rolled over 5k miles today. Had it’s first oil change last week. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. No unscheduled trips to dealership. Nothing broken.

Hit 110 MPH over by the airport. This thing pulls so hard at speed it’s awesome. And it’s very stable at speed too. I love this car. So much fun to brap around in.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:49 pm Car rolled over 5k miles today. Had it’s first oil change last week. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. No unscheduled trips to dealership. Nothing broken.

Hit 110 MPH over by the airport. This thing pulls so hard at speed it’s awesome. And it’s very stable at speed too. I love this car. So much fun to brap around in.
Man you drive so little... that's :impressive: i drove 5k in the last 2 months.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:58 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:49 pm Car rolled over 5k miles today. Had it’s first oil change last week. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. No unscheduled trips to dealership. Nothing broken.

Man you drive so little... that's :impressive: i drove 5k in the last 2 months.
Yeah I'll roll over 4k in the :jeep: this wekeend.