How life sucked donkey balls today: the :eeyore : thread

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

stripethree wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:50 pm Ugh. Reorganization and some layoffs today. Not a huge impact in my office but one of those let go was my boss. I still have a job, but I'm uncertain about what my role is, who I actually report to, and what I'm supposed to be doing. There's more to it than what happened today, but I don't have a really great feeling about things. We have an all hands in a bit then more, smaller breakouts after. Hmmm.
Might be time to take off early and grab a few cold ones.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:17 pm
Sno wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:14 pm

:notsure:
:lolol:
:dat:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

wap wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:07 pm
Melon wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:05 pm

Bidding starts @ $0.01.
$300,000 Reserve.
:dubshow:
Ole :wap:

:flaccid:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

dubshow wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:39 pm
wap wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:07 pm

:dubshow:
Ole :wap:

:flaccid:
:trollface:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

I’m officially bummed out. We have to put our oldest cat to sleep on Wednesday night, her kidney failure has caught up with her and she’s going downhill... fast. She’s going deaf, her eyes are clouding, her appetite has disappeared and now she’s struggling to walk.

We’ve had her for 18.5 long years. We got her six months after we started dating... pretty much as long as there has been The two of us as a couple... Karma has been there.

We are not taking it well, but it’s time. She’s in bad shape... a shell of herself. I spent the morning yesterday on the couch with her with a cup of coffee watching Premier League football one last time before I called the vet to schedule it, and broke down. The wife is even more distraught.

This sucks.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

fledonfoot wrote:I’m officially bummed out. We have to put our oldest cat to sleep on Wednesday night, her kidney failure has caught up with her and she’s going downhill... fast. She’s going deaf, her eyes are clouding, her appetite has disappeared and now she’s struggling to walk.

We’ve had her for 18.5 long years. We got her six months after we started dating... pretty much as long as there has been The two of us as a couple... Karma has been there.

We are not taking it well, but it’s time. She’s in bad shape... a shell of herself. I spent the morning yesterday on the couch with her with a cup of coffee watching Premier League football one last time before I called the vet to schedule it, and broke down. The wife is even more distraught.

This sucks.
Damn, that does suck. Sorry man.

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
wap

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:52 pm I’m officially bummed out. We have to put our oldest cat to sleep on Wednesday night, her kidney failure has caught up with her and she’s going downhill... fast. She’s going deaf, her eyes are clouding, her appetite has disappeared and now she’s struggling to walk.

This sucks.
:(
Sorry Man. That's an awful feeling but you just have to remember that you are definitely, without a doubt, doing the right thing for her. She's not enjoying life, she's suffering, and you're doing her a kindness. Trust me here. You're doing the right thing.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

fledonfoot wrote:I’m officially bummed out. We have to put our oldest cat to sleep on Wednesday night, her kidney failure has caught up with her and she’s going downhill... fast. She’s going deaf, her eyes are clouding, her appetite has disappeared and now she’s struggling to walk.

This sucks.
Losing a cat or dog is heartbreaking. Poor old girl :(
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

fledonfoot wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:52 pm I’m officially bummed out. We have to put our oldest cat to sleep on Wednesday night, her kidney failure has caught up with her and she’s going downhill... fast. She’s going deaf, her eyes are clouding, her appetite has disappeared and now she’s struggling to walk.

This sucks.
Sorry fled :sad: I can't imagine how that must feel. 18 years though that's a long life for a cat!
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:30 am

This sucks.
Sorry fled :sad: I can't imagine how that must feel. 18 years though that's a long life for a cat!
Yeah, it's brutal.

We had Sheri's family over last night and had a little get together to say goodbye.

I'm leaving work around 3pm today, vet is coming over at 7pm. I'm stopping at McDonalds for some fries to take home for her - that cat is a fiend for McD's fries whenever we get them home.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Ok, seriously :wtf:

We lost our cat Karma on 12/6.

Our pet turtle died this morning.
wap

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:19 pm Ok, seriously :wtf:

:( Sorry man.
I had turtles when I was younger. They're fascinating pets. What kind was yours?
Johnny_P

:( poor little guy
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:(
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Got pulled over and ticketed tonight for doing 65 around a ramp from one 55 mph road to another... in a Pontiac Vibe on winter tires with no squeals whatsoever, nowhere near the limit or any other vehicles. "Careless Driving" = some number of points and like $200 in fines plus who the fuck knows how much in additional insurance costs for the rest of my god damn life.

Fuck the police. Find someone actually causing trouble instead of robbing me.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

:dat: fuck those guys. :rage:

When we get a ticket insurance bends us over for three yrs. Usually two minors will bump the rates.

I'd go to court and plea for a lesser charge.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

troyguitar wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:53 am Got pulled over and ticketed tonight for doing 65 around a ramp from one 55 mph road to another... in a Pontiac Vibe on winter tires with no squeals whatsoever, nowhere near the limit or any other vehicles. "Careless Driving" = some number of points and like $200 in fines plus who the fuck knows how much in additional insurance costs for the rest of my god damn life.

Get a dashcam.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:53 am Got pulled over and ticketed tonight for doing 65 around a ramp from one 55 mph road to another... in a Pontiac Vibe on winter tires with no squeals whatsoever, nowhere near the limit or any other vehicles. "Careless Driving" = some number of points and like $200 in fines plus who the fuck knows how much in additional insurance costs for the rest of my god damn life.

:fullretard:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

yea that blows. Get a lawyer/go to court. It will be worth the time/money in the long run.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

wap wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:27 am

:fullretard:
No but really, fuck most of the police. And every one with a ticketbook and a fucking attitude.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:09 am Thinking on this and reading the law a bit, if you crossed a line, you're fucked. If not, he has nothing on you.

Either way, at minimum, I'd go to court and negotiate for no points.
yea the reckless op charge is BS. Kinda has you on the speeding :doe: but you can claim you didn't know speed of road you were merging onto and just trying to match traffic.

Also newbs: ICYDN: on on ramps and off ramps are the speed of the road you are merging TO. those little yellow signs are RECOMMENDATIONS. Please speed the fuck up. kthxbye
brain go brrrrrr
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

[user not found] wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:09 am Thinking on this and reading the law a bit, if you crossed a line, you're fucked. If not, he has nothing on you.

Either way, at minimum, I'd go to court and negotiate for no points.
:mahtroy: crushing them apexes.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:mahtroy: were you in 2nd gear at 8k rpms while crushing dat apex?
Johnny_P

If he actually wrote you up for 65 in a 55 you're in luck. 10 over is no points just a fine. I'd fight the reckless driving charge and get it reduced to just speeding. Was there anyone else on the onramp? Any other traffic? Tailgating or cut anyone off to get to the exit? Road clear of debris and ice and not damp? Etc. If no to all that then I don't see how it's reckless, it's just speeding. Say you were speeding, sure, but you were careful to assess the situation so you weren't putting anyone in harm's way.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Get. A. Dashcam. The ROAV is $50.99 + a Class10 microSD card.

Record your daily driving and defend yourself from cops, and also hook it up for SICK AUTOX RUNS.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XNSDRW8/re ... zAb731R7XN
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.