Interesting Car Spotted Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

4zilch wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:56 pm :bruh: :ramz: :wtf:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would bet these cost more than the truck itself. :lol:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:15 pm
4zilch wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:56 pm :bruh: :ramz: :wtf:

I would bet these cost more than the truck itself. :lol:
:dat: :waxer:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

:lolol:

What i found parked next to me after gym, looks like truk has more respect for the GTI than the Prius

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

MexicanYarisTK wrote:Imageol:

What i found parked next to me after gym, looks like truk has more respect for the GTI than the Prius

Surprised he didn't just park on top of one of you guys! That's a big :truk:
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Tarspin wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:18 pm

Isn't that a Turkish flag on the Benz getting rained on?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Tarspin wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:18 pm

His :turboyaris: looks like a Matchbox car next to it.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:36 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:18 pm Surprised he didn't just park on top of one of you guys! That's a big :truk:
unfortunately yes, he could've put it inside on the back window, like most "patriots" would there :sad: and HZ on plate means fast in Turkish :lol:, he's most likely an erdogan supporter :lol:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:37 pm
Tarspin wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:18 pm Surprised he didn't just park on top of one of you guys! That's a big :truk:
His :turboyaris: looks like a Matchbox car next to it.
I actually know that guy though, he goes to my gym, pretty chill dude.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:53 am
wap wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:36 pm

unfortunately yes, he could've put it inside on the back window, like most "patriots" would there :sad: and HZ on plate means fast in Turkish :lol:, he's most likely an erdogan supporter :lol:
There are still a lot of those left, aren't there?
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:32 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:53 am

There are still a lot of those left, aren't there?
yep unfortunately, majority of turkish germans and also lives in netherlands voted for erdogan. Theres also Fedullah (lives in PA btw), which used to be together with erdogan, now theyre enemies. That's about it for their equivalent of trump supporters. But Erdogan has calmed down.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Speaking of turkey, sounds like their protective agents were indicted for assaulting protestors in D.C. A few months back.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:28 pm Speaking of turkey, sounds like their protective agents were indicted for assaulting protestors in D.C. A few months back.
Erdogan ordered his supporters to do so, to attack Ataturk Republicunts (like me) who are protesting and the agents, police, etc, and he said it when he's in the embassy area, which is essentially Turkey itself and not in the US jurisdiction. Fortunately, I believe 4 of them are in jail right now. I am embarrassed for that needless to say.
razr390

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:31 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:28 pm Speaking of turkey, sounds like their protective agents were indicted for assaulting protestors in D.C. A few months back.
Erdogan ordered his supporters to do so, to attack Ataturk Republicunts (like me) who are protesting and the agents, police, etc, and he said it when he's in the embassy area, which is essentially Turkey itself and not in the US jurisdiction. Fortunately, I believe 4 of them are in jail right now. I am embarrassed for that needless to say.
Within embassy perimeter is Turkey jurisdiction. But any land outside of the gates is still US soil, and that's where the security agents attacked the protestors.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:37 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:31 pm

Within embassy perimeter is Turkey jurisdiction. But any land outside of the gates is still US soil, and that's where the security agents attacked the protestors.
He said it while he is in the perimeter so he won't get in trouble for that (he is pretty much a semi-dictator now), and part of the attackers are security agents that weren't in Turkish jurisdiction, he has lots of them.
razr390

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:42 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:37 pm
He said it while he is in the perimeter so he won't get in trouble for that (he is pretty much a semi-dictator now), and part of the attackers are security agents that weren't in Turkish jurisdiction, he has lots of them.
Yeah I think they're indicting the ones that were on US soil and attacked the protestors. The videos are pretty crazy, security bro kicking a guy who's on the ground in the face.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:45 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:42 pm

Yeah I think they're indicting the ones that were on US soil and attacked the protestors. The videos are pretty crazy, security bro kicking a guy who's on the ground in the face.
that's typical turkish fighting, you'd see them in road rages in Istanbul. They are like those kids in Karate Kid China one where they show no mercy.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Just a GoRf.... but they look really fucking good in this gray. Saw one a little while ago. If I were shopping for a GoRf I'd probably take it in this color and DSG :yikes:

Reminds me of paladium gray on the benzos which is an extremely interesting shade of despair especially when the sun hits it and the many different hues become visible.
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:08 am Just a GoRf.... but they look really fucking good in this gray. Saw one a little while ago. If I were shopping for a GoRf I'd probably take it in this color and DSG :yikes:

Reminds me of paladium gray on the benzos which is an extremely interesting shade of despair especially when the sun hits it and the many different hues become visible.
Hate all you want on a auto car. The DSG was amazing. I loved that transmission.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:10 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:08 am Just a GoRf.... but they look really fucking good in this gray. Saw one a little while ago. If I were shopping for a GoRf I'd probably take it in this color and DSG :yikes:

Hate all you want on a auto car. The DSG was amazing. I loved that transmission.
As both owned a manual and now a DSG GTI, the DSG felt just right for the car, and the manual doesn't feel that sporty at all, kind of reminds of that Hyundai I rented.
Barnes93cb

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:14 am
Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:10 am

As both owned a manual and now a DSG GTI, the DSG felt just right for the car, and the manual doesn't feel that sporty at all, kind of reminds of that Hyundai I rented.
I read quite a bit of hate towards the GTI :manuel: .

Most are doing short shift, different fluid, mounts, cable brackets, and lord knows what else.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Barnes93cb wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:18 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:14 am

Most are doing short shift, different fluid, mounts, cable brackets, and lord knows what else.
When I bought my mk6, I wanted to go back to a manual car, it was fun until I drove my uncle's evo and some euro econobox rentals, which at that point I realized it literally felt almost the same. Although that evo's clutch was heavy as fuck and easy to stall. I have done s3 short shifter and clutch bleeder block as well btw.

I tried the DSG when I was shopping for a replacement of my mk6's loss, and I thought this is it. Not to mention, I recently started commuting on 395 for work at the time (everyone in nova know how fun it is in rush hour)
Barnes93cb

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:24 am

When I bought my mk6, I wanted to go back to a manual car, it was fun until I drove my uncle's evo and some euro econobox rentals, which at that point I realized it literally felt almost the same. Although that evo's clutch was heavy as fuck and easy to stall. I have done s3 short shifter and clutch bleeder block as well btw.

I tried the DSG when I was shopping for a replacement of my mk6's loss, and I thought this is it. Not to mention, I recently started commuting on 395 for work at the time (everyone in nova know how fun it is in rush hour)
I got caught on 95 in richmond during the rain. Then later that week 295, and 395 a few weeks ago during rush hour. I will do my best to avoid that again.
Johnny_P

The GTI's manual came with a few issues.
1) No clutch feel at all
2) Throttle delay
3) Heavy flywheel paired with an EGR strategy that hung revs during shifts

The DSG simply shifts faster, more positively, and makes the car feel crisper. The lack of rev hang is the big plus to DSG, and engine braking is much stronger as a result.

When I got rid of my GTI, the shifter started to feel like complete ass. Turns out there is a foam barrier to block sound I guess? coming into the cabin. That foam barrier sits right below the leather boot and on top of the shift cables and such. It had disintegrated on my car, leaving foam bits fall into the shifter ball area and soak up all the grease. So I was literally dragging plastic on plastic with every shift.

:gag:
Johnny_P

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:24 am

395 during rush hour (or any hour really) is horrific.