Interesting Car Spotted Thread

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Word on the street is that this kids Dad murdered his mom. He now lives with his Aunt who shacked up with a dude who has a troubled third grader as well. They arent evil, just damaged. That being said they are a royal pain in the ass sometimes.
Irish
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Desertbreh wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:25 pm
max225 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:02 pm
Wow... :wtf:
If I did anything remotely resembling that my dad would have beaten my ass so hard I wouldn't have been able to sit down for a month.
:yesth: My upbringing as well....
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:15 am
max225 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:45 am

Trucking industry is about to get an ass pounding like no other. The 2021, 2022 250-500k annual salaries are dead. Kids however will always need to go to school
:notsure: anything about this is true… the pay is certainly nowhere near $500k, I’d say most solidly in the $100k-200k and they’re still quite desperate for people in many areas.

Are you referring to autonomous trucking because :lolol: The whole autonomous vehicle thing has been “on the horizon” for 10 years no with no real advancement but more obtrusive cruise control and lane keep that kind of works on freeways in perfect weather.
21-22 were wild. I’d expect average truckers to dip below 100k again. Even I kind of thought about it for a hot min before coming to my senses.

The best pay will remain in nursing here compared to education etc but it also requires a lot of hours.
max225

To this 😂
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:01 am
Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:30 am

Ha Ha. How was this explained to you, piss boy?
“Cost savings”
O Wow, not even any lube/sawdust? I would think they would use some sort of corporate jingo like "greater flexibility to accommodate the real-time needs of our workforce"
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:45 am
max225 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:01 am

“Cost savings”
O Wow, not even any lube/sawdust? I would think they would use some sort of corporate jingo like "greater flexibility to accommodate the real-time needs of our workforce"
I am getting paid out for my accumulated time off since I never get to take it... So that's an upside. That's my bonus for the year, but for when I innevidebly get canned. I don't have an extra runway and will be thrown to the wolves.
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:02 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:45 am

I am getting paid out for my accumulated time off since I never get to take it... So that's an upside. That's my bonus for the year, but for when I innevidebly get canned. I don't have an extra runway and will be thrown to the wolves.
save this?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:25 pm
max225 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:02 pm

save this?
:dat: I was just pointing out "benefit stripping" waves from a personal experience. Most companies are looking to slash costs+ give a big ol stick to the employees who used to be VALUABLE but are now a cOsT cEnTeR
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

max225 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:29 pm

save this?
:dat: I was just pointing out "benefit stripping" waves from a personal experience. Most companies are looking to slash costs+ give a big ol stick to the employees who used to be VALUABLE but are now a cOsT cEnTeR
Oh yes, frustrating for sure.

We had a call and 'rah rah rah' how good this year could be on bonuses for our division, and everyone here is kinda poopoo on it because last time we were looking at a decent bonus the company changed the rules on everyone last minute and we got fucked. This year we got handed a job they 'bought' (ie underbid it to get in door with client) and the other office is working on something wildly profitable if they don't fuck it up (side note, they prob will, ive been helping and their quality of work is awful). EVEN IF they dont fuck it up, I am sure they will figure out a way to hose the poor hillbillies down in knoxville.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

save this?
I hear dat... we had layoffs on the sales team, took away our cell phones (which is frustrating as I am constantly required to use hotspot and give out a cell number to customers for my job), capped commish.

:ohwell: We went public in 2021, seems like they've been consistently watering down the company culture/beneshits ever since.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:22 pm

I hear dat... we had layoffs on the sales team, took away our cell phones (which is frustrating as I am constantly required to use hotspot and give out a cell number to customers for my job), capped commish.

:ohwell: We went public in 2021, seems like they've been consistently watering down the company culture/beneshits ever since.
I do not even comprehend how a salesman does not get a company phone. That is lube/sawdust. I'm adapting this Max original line for extensive future use.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 12:31 am

I do not even comprehend how a salesman does not get a company phone. That is lube/sawdust. I'm adapting this Max original line for extensive future use.
https://www.lunduniversity.lu.se/articl ... ng-sawdust
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

It is :bs: . I mow just pay for two phone plans out of pocket… they claimed the reason was to make the company ‘more equitable’ for all employees :yeahok:

Meanwhile people in CA, where one of my two direct colleagues lives, get a cell phone stipend from the company by law but somehow it’s now more equitable….
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:47 am

It is :bs: . I mow just pay for two phone plans out of pocket… they claimed the reason was to make the company ‘more equitable’ for all employees :yeahok:

Meanwhile people in CA, where one of my two direct colleagues lives, get a cell phone stipend from the company by law but somehow it’s now more equitable….
If they take away the phones then they should give you a stipend, Especially if you work in sales
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:59 pm

If they take away the phones then they should give you a stipend, Especially if you work in sales
I agree but they’re only doing it in CA where required by law :sass:
max225

I don’t get shit
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Can’t you’d set up a google number for free and have the Google phone app on your cell so you aren’t giving away your personal cell number? Still blows, but at least you aren’t paying for a second phone line that way.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:28 pm Can’t you’d set up a google number for free and have the Google phone app on your cell so you aren’t giving away your personal cell number? Still blows, but at least you aren’t paying for a second phone line that way.
I did consider this but it’s a bit of a hassle + I need hot spot and such :ohwell:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:28 pm Can’t you’d set up a google number for free and have the Google phone app on your cell so you aren’t giving away your personal cell number? Still blows, but at least you aren’t paying for a second phone line that way.
I did consider this but it’s a bit of a hassle + I need hot spot and such :ohwell:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

D Griff wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:49 pm
:wat: do you need a hotspot for? The Google voice stuff is just a number forwarding service.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

razr390 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:52 pm
D Griff wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:49 pm

:wat: do you need a hotspot for? The Google voice stuff is just a number forwarding service.
I'm on the road every other week and have to use internet constantly for my job, including to demo shit to customers in meetings. What's even more aggravating is the corporate IT shit constantly disallows me to use networks like Hilton Honors, airport wi-fi, etc.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:19 am
razr390 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:52 pm
I'm on the road every other week and have to use internet constantly for my job, including to demo shit to customers in meetings. What's even more aggravating is the corporate IT shit constantly disallows me to use networks like Hilton Honors, airport wi-fi, etc.
:ban: for hilton honors, biased on marriott bonvoy.

:trollface:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:51 am

I've stayed at a couple of Bonvoy hotels now. They're pretty :nice: :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

wap wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:10 am

I've stayed at a couple of Bonvoy hotels now. They're pretty :nice: :like:
It depends on what you choose, the more budgeted ones are hit or miss, decent ones like courtyard has comfortable beds. Autobiography collection are my personal favorites but they're kinda :waxer: stayed in one of those for only $100 with my employee discount one time, when the regular price was $350 (no longer working in marriott doe). Im few nights away to become a gold member
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I am quite indifferent, companies I've worked at are more Hilton oriented so I just go with that so it's consistent between when I choose myself or it's chosen for me by outside factors at work.

I am Diamond at this point which is nice. After probably 1,500+ nights between the two of them, I think Marriott and Hilton are about the same TBH.