Political Wasteland

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

So you're saying I'll be fine if I get a house priced at 405k? :iono

https://www.ziprealty.com/property/1701 ... 035/detail that's what I want. Tiny house with a 3 car garage.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:05 pm
NeonJonny wrote:So you're saying I'll be fine if I get a house priced at 405k? :iono

https://www.ziprealty.com/property/1701 ... 035/detail that's what I want. Tiny house with a 3 car garage.
The first 500k of taxed property is still exempt.
:fuckyeah: :scrooge: I still need to read up on it though. Still pretty much clueless.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:31 pm
NeonJonny wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:08 pm So I'm in the market to buy a house.... Hold off until Bernie in 2020? Lmao wtf happened...
Cliff notes on wtf just happened? I don't understand any of this. You won't be able to write off the interest of your house?
Why not go after business? Stop them from bullshit write offs. Flat tax them x%. It would keep them in check. It would make businesses keep other businesses in check.
Nothing's been signed into law yet. The 2 houses are still working on reconciliation. But it won't be good for us working stiffs.

It'll be great for golf course owners, hotel owners, leasers of corporate jets and helicopters, and rich inheriters :rolleyes: :rage: :disappoint:
So Dubshow’s mom cashes in? :impressive: :impressive:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:22 pm
wap wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:31 pm

Nothing's been signed into law yet. The 2 houses are still working on reconciliation. But it won't be good for us working stiffs.

It'll be great for golf course owners, hotel owners, leasers of corporate jets and helicopters, and rich inheriters :rolleyes: :rage: :disappoint:
So Dubshow’s mom cashes in? :impressive: :impressive:
:lolgasm:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

[user not found] wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:30 pm
[user not found] wrote:
It's not that I can't afford the house, but it's just an insult to me that corporations continue to get the benefits while the middle class gets boned.
No impact on people with less than 500k in the house doe.

Blame 401ks for the rest of the issues.
If I'd have said that everyone would be all :caspian: on me

It's right doe on a simplistic level
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

looks like we are getting tax reform. And the collapse of o-care.
goodygumdrops.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:28 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote:looks like we are getting a horrible attempt at tax reform. And the collapse of o-care.
goodygumdrops.
Ftfy
not wrong. On the personal side its mostly just shuffling shells around and a slight decrease on the middle class. the sooper rich get a nice cut.

the reduction of corporate income tax is a good thing IMHO, it will encourage investment and make us internationally competitive.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:33 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
not wrong. On the personal side its mostly just shuffling shells around and a slight decrease on the middle class. the sooper rich get a nice cut.

the reduction of corporate income tax is a good thing IMHO, it will encourage investment and make us internationally competitive.
The biggest win in the whole thing is the ability to deduct all capital investment. That's a huge bonus. I think it's off the mark on the whole but ehh, won't be as negative as people think.

We shouldn't have done it now doe imo. Cut spending first, lower the debt, cut taxes in a couple years when the economy shits the bed. But oh well, whatever.
:dat: It makes no sense now.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Big Brain Bradley wrote:

The biggest win in the whole thing is the ability to deduct all capital investment. That's a huge bonus. I think it's off the mark on the whole but ehh, won't be as negative as people think.

We shouldn't have done it now doe imo. Cut spending first, lower the debt, cut taxes in a couple years when the economy shits the bed. But oh well, whatever.
yea well of course we should cut spending, but good luck getting that past fucking congress.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:43 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
yea well of course we should cut spending, but good luck getting that past fucking congress.
That's the biggest problem though. Fixing taxes without fixing spending isn't a fix at all. It's putting a brick on the gas pedal as we drive towards real problems.
:pussy:

good. it seems that is the only way some shit will get done about it.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:54 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
:pussy:

good. it seems that is the only way some shit will get done about it.
Ha!

Nothing is going to happen except more spending.
yep.

The US's hand will be forced when
1. The dollar is not the resever currency of the world anymore, which will happen when oil is priced in something other than US dollars,
or
2. When oil is not the prime energy commodity that is traded globally.
brain go brrrrrr
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:28 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote:looks like we are getting a horrible attempt at tax reform. And the horrible collapse of o-care.
goodygumdrops.
Ftfy
:dat:
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote:

So what spending, specifically, would you cut first?
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

wap wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:40 am
[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:33 am The biggest win in the whole thing is the ability to deduct all capital investment. That's a huge bonus. I think it's off the mark on the whole but ehh, won't be as negative as people think.

If i was president.... I simply would not sign a bill that did not balance the budget. gov shutdown? GOOD.

to do this:
at least half of the pentagon budget goes byebye.

Then many of the departments get the axe, along with their spending. others have scope redefined and reduced.
I'd royally fuck the local DC economy.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
wap wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:40 am So what spending, specifically, would you cut first?
If i was president.... I simply would not sign a bill that did not balance the budget. gov shutdown? GOOD.

to do this:

Then many of the departments get the axe, along with their spending. others have scope redefined and reduced.
Job killer!

Term limits need to exist so that congress can do stuff without worrying about re-election. You get one term, period. Politics as a career is :fullretard:
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

[user not found] wrote:
troyguitar wrote:Job killer!

Term limits need to exist so that congress can do stuff without worrying about re-election. You get one term, period. Politics as a career is :fullretard:
Term limits for sure. Two terms for senate, three for Congress, IMO.
That's 24 years if you do both... Still a career at that point. Too much. Make it like NCAA sports, you get X years of eligibility. We love sports, right?
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:55 am
wap wrote:
Military spending is 53% of all discretionary spending so it's a place to start.

International affairs is less than 1.5% of the budget so if you up that to like... 5%? You likely could cut a huge chunk from military spending right off the bat.

So let's say you cut 13.5% from military spending and add 3.5% to the State Department. You've just saved like 60 billion a year and cut borrowing by over 10%.

Below that it's a program by program basis.

Frankly, right now, the ideal thing to do would be to cut spending and greatly raise taxes across the board. Ride that wave for a few years and the ship gets righted, fast.
:fuckyeah: That's what I was hoping you'd say. I like the idea of trading military spending for diplomatic spending. Also agree that taxes overall need to be selectively increased. :notsure: about a blanket statement of cutting spending. I believe we need to greatly increase spending on infrastructure and job training/education, with an emphasis on the trades. We also need to offer some kind of immediate debt relief for those with student loans. Allowing them to refinance to current low interest rates would be a good place to start.
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:06 pm
wap wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:40 am

to do this:

Was asking :[user not found]: but ok. Agreed with slashing military spending, for sure.

Which departments :doe: ?

Why do you want to fuck up the lives of ordinary DC citizens?
wap

troyguitar wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:20 pm
[user not found] wrote:Term limits for sure. Two terms for senate, three for Congress, IMO.
That's 24 years if you do both... Still a career at that point. Too much. Make it like NCAA sports, you get X years of eligibility. We love sports, right?
18 years, but yeah.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

wap wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:26 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:06 pm

to do this:

Was asking :[user not found]: but ok. Agreed with slashing military spending, for sure.

Which departments :doe: ?

Why do you want to fuck up the lives of ordinary DC citizens?
all depts. and we'd have to do something about SSN.

I dont want to fuck up the lives of DC people, but cutting gov budget means cutting gov jerbs, and that is just a cause and effect of the kind of cuts we are talking about. It'd be bad for the DC area but good for the rest of the country.
brain go brrrrrr
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:27 pm
wap wrote:
:fuckyeah: That's what I was hoping you'd say. I like the idea of trading military spending for diplomatic spending. Also agree that taxes overall need to be selectively increased. :notsure: about a blanket statement of cutting spending. I believe we need to greatly increase spending on infrastructure and job training/education, with an emphasis on the trades. We also need to offer some kind of immediate debt relief for those with student loans. Allowing them to refinance to current low interest rates would be a good place to start.
I would like to see an *overall* cut in spending. I think increasing spending in some categories can reduce overall spending.

For example, not really applicable here but it's an example, every dollar you increase in education spending reduces spending on prisons by more than a dollar (the same goes for preventive medicine).
:word:
Agreed. Also, increase drug treatment programs, family planning, etc, and watch prison populations eventually plummit. And, greatly increase the IRS budget. Every $ spent is a net gain in tax fraud recovery.
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:29 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

I dont want to fuck up the lives of DC people, but cutting gov budget means cutting gov jerbs, and that is just a cause and effect of the kind of cuts we are talking about. It'd be bad for the DC area but good for the rest of the country.
What's wrong with SSN? It is one of the few things that works because it's actually funded.
The only thing wrong with it is that the contribution limit needs to be raised or eliminated so it continues to be solvent for decades to come.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Big Brain Bradley wrote:

What's wrong with SSN? It is one of the few things that works because it's actually funded.
incorrect

video is a little old, but the numbers have not skewed that much in ~6-7 years

Cliffs: if we cut all gov spending other than SSN, medicare, medicaid, and interest on the debt the budget still does not balance. This is extreme, like no army, navy, funding for light bill on capitol hill, etc.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Big Brain Bradley wrote:

but it's not, the trust fund was raided and is full of IOUs. Current revenu does not match payments. Its only going to get worse.
brain go brrrrrr
wap

[user not found] wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:33 pm
wap wrote:
The only thing wrong with it is that the contribution limit needs to be raised or eliminated so it continues to be solvent for decades to come.
Agreed, but it's in decent shape when it's not raided.
Yup. It would just be in better shape, and you youngun's, and your spawn, wouldn't have to worry about it, if the limit was raised, or better yet, eliminated entirely.