Political Wasteland

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
lagunasecaballs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: All the E46 M3s

Everyone will always find a reason to bitch. My lesbian co-worker has been doing nothing but bitching about Trump for the past week. This morning she was bitching that he didn't accept the presidential salary. "How fucking big is his ego? Why doesn't he just take the salary and donate it to charity, like a LBGT group?"

:rolleyes:
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote:
lagunasecaballs wrote:Everyone will always find a reason to bitch. My lesbian co-worker has been doing nothing but bitching about Trump for the past week. This morning she was bitching that he didn't accept the presidential salary. "How fucking big is his ego? Why doesn't he just take the salary and donate it to charity, like a LBGT group?"

What a twat.
:dat: :wtf:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

lagunasecaballs wrote:Everyone will always find a reason to bitch. My lesbian co-worker has been doing nothing but bitching about Trump for the past week. This morning she was bitching that he didn't accept the presidential salary. "How fucking big is his ego? Why doesn't he just take the salary and donate it to charity, like a LBGT group?"

see, thats the type of person that wont even acknowlege a single thing they do even if they aree.

If he nominates a pro life pro LBGT SC justice, they will bitch that that person is pro 2A.

Cant please them AT ALL :disappoint:
brain go brrrrrr
lagunasecaballs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: All the E46 M3s

Not having FB or TV has been so, so great. I didn't have to hear or read about a single political thing all weekend. It was 5/7.
ChrisoftheNorth

I don't think I'm going to use facebook much again. I'm over it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Big Brain Bradley wrote:

see, thats the type of person that wont even acknowlege a single thing they do even if they aree.

If he nominates a pro life pro LBGT SC justice, they will bitch that that person is pro 2A.

Cant please them AT ALL :disappoint:
Yeah, that's when you acknowledge that getting into it with them would be like arguing with an anti-vaccer. Just nod and let them go on their merry way.
:therapist:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

[user not found] wrote:
Detroit wrote:I don't think I'm going to use facebook much again. I'm over it.
I quit it last year in September ish. My life is way better without it.
I might as well quit it. I basically never look at it, and my only contribution is to occasionally jump on and throw some recent photos up for family to enjoy.
:therapist:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

I should quit bookface.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote:I should quit bookface.
I stopped on Wednesday after it blew up with the election. Gotta say, life is pretty great without it.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote:Oh, and Trump not taking the presidential salary?
:notbad: breh. :notbad: at all.
He doesn't need to. He's president with a red legislative branch. He's working to reduce the EPA down to nothing and reduce green energy spending. Oil company profits will skyrocket. What do you think his personal stock portfolio is made of?

He will make WAY WAY more money through this than $400k. So he can look good on the surface and to the media.
Johnny_P

I only have it to keep in contact with family.
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

I find this kind of ridiculous. I post a few things about political shit basically saying everyone who thinks Trump is going to fuck everything up needs to calm down it is not that bad and everyone loses their fucking minds over it and calls me out, either indirectly or directly - whether half joking or not. Since when did one view of things be the way it is on here? I seriously thought it was a nice discussion, then it blew up. I had no anger, hate or malicious intent, but it seems I was the only one. Sorry that my view of not being hateful towards someone based off of what the media wants you to believe and thinking we should just all relax was so bad. I thought DFD was fun and obviously we all have different views and shit but damn. Say some political things and everything goes to shit.

I won't ever express my views on here about that ever again if that is how it is handled. Not on OT, not on the political punchbowl either.

Back to your regularly scheduled NEEK content-less posts. Being annoying is better than pissing people off.
*reserved for no content*
Johnny_P

NEEK wrote:I find this kind of ridiculous. I post a few things about political shit basically saying everyone who thinks Trump is going to fuck everything up needs to calm down it is not that bad and everyone loses their fucking minds over it and calls me out, either indirectly or directly - whether half joking or not. Since when did one view of things be the way it is on here? I seriously thought it was a nice discussion, then it blew up. I had no anger, hate or malicious intent, but it seems I was the only one. Sorry that my view of not being hateful towards someone based off of what the media wants you to believe and thinking we should just all relax was so bad. I thought DFD was fun and obviously we all have different views and shit but damn. Say some political things and everything goes to shit.

I won't ever express my views on here about that ever again if that is how it is handled. Not on OT, not on the political punchbowl either.

Back to your regularly scheduled NEEK content-less posts. Being annoying is better than pissing people off.
we :wub: you Neek

And there is no draconian rule here. Nobody was censored or silenced. Just discussion taken to a more appropriate on-topic sub forum. Sounds reasonable to me :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote:
NEEK wrote:I find this kind of ridiculous. I post a few things about political shit basically saying everyone who thinks Trump is going to fuck everything up needs to calm down it is not that bad and everyone loses their fucking minds over it and calls me out, either indirectly or directly - whether half joking or not. Since when did one view of things be the way it is on here? I seriously thought it was a nice discussion, then it blew up. I had no anger, hate or malicious intent, but it seems I was the only one. Sorry that my view of not being hateful towards someone based off of what the media wants you to believe and thinking we should just all relax was so bad. I thought DFD was fun and obviously we all have different views and shit but damn. Say some political things and everything goes to shit.

we :wub: you Neek

And there is no draconian rule here. Nobody was censored or silenced. Just discussion taken to a more appropriate on-topic sub forum. Sounds reasonable to me :iono:
:dat:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Johnny_P wrote:
I only have it to keep in contact with family.
All my racing/car people are on there, friends from all over... etc.... I just use the filters. no i dont want to see this, fuck this shit, unfollow you, etc... it works well.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote:
Detroit wrote:Oh, and Trump not taking the presidential salary?
:notbad: breh. :notbad: at all.
He doesn't need to. He's president with a red legislative branch. He's working to reduce the EPA down to nothing and reduce green energy spending. Oil company profits will skyrocket. What do you think his personal stock portfolio is made of?

He will make WAY WAY more money through this than $400k. So he can look good on the surface and to the media.
Exactly.
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: I only have it to keep in contact with family.
All my racing/car people are on there, friends from all over... etc.... I just use the filters. no i dont want to see this, fuck this shit, unfollow you, etc... it works well.
Mine exploded so badly from people I didn't even expect. If I used filters, my FB would be blank.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote:

People are allowed to have their own reactions. Which is why we have different forums.

I moved the posts because they don't belong in OT. When they are in OT, people that want to avoid them cannot. Posts were moved to political forum for continued discussion.
On topic discussion was on topic and that has a place in the forum. Seemed like a perfectly reasonable action to take.
Johnny_P

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: I only have it to keep in contact with family.
Yeah unfollow works well and doesn't make people :sad: to see you unfriended them.

So ridiculous. Such 1st world problems. :rolleyes: <-- x30
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

[user not found] wrote:

People are allowed to have their own reactions. Which is why we have different forums.

I moved the posts because they don't belong in OT. When they are in OT, people that want to avoid them cannot. Posts were moved to political forum for continued discussion.
I don't care that they were moved. Only that the perception has become that I was the issue. I didn't get upset. I guess I ruffled some feathers, and the wrong ones to ruffle. C'est la vie.
*reserved for no content*
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Mine exploded so badly from people I didn't even expect. If I used filters, my FB would be blank.
Mine has been littered with those inspirational picture quote things that say "we will rebuild" and "we have a lot of work to do"

You have work to do? What work are you doing? You have different politicians to elect in 2 years, ok I'll take that. But work?

Come on.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: He doesn't need to. He's president with a red legislative branch. He's working to reduce the EPA down to nothing and reduce green energy spending. Oil company profits will skyrocket. What do you think his personal stock portfolio is made of?

Fwiw President investment go into a blind trust, usually a simply index fund.
Just saying, the man is very money motivated. He wouldn't be not taking a salary if he wasn't going to make it back and more some other way.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Mine has been littered with those inspirational picture quote things that say "we will rebuild" and "we have a lot of work to do"

You have work to do? What work are you doing? You have different politicians to elect in 2 years, ok I'll take that. But work?

Come on.
I told my wife she should volunteer yesterday. Nope. Excuse city.
Volunteer for what

Protesting is not work. That won't change anything and won't solve anything. And the change.org petitions to get the electors to vote HRC.... yeah NGH get over that too. Trump is president that's that. Get involved in your party if you want to change anything I guess but you have 2 years to go before the next election cycle.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote:
[user not found] wrote: Fwiw President investment go into a blind trust, usually a simply index fund.
Just saying, the man is very money motivated. He wouldn't be not taking a salary if he wasn't going to make it back and more some other way.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

[user not found] wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: He doesn't need to. He's president with a red legislative branch. He's working to reduce the EPA down to nothing and reduce green energy spending. Oil company profits will skyrocket. What do you think his personal stock portfolio is made of?

Fwiw President investment go into a blind trust, usually a simply index fund.
but only WHILE they are president. What about his pre existing fundz?
brain go brrrrrr