2022 :plac: life !

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

fledonfoot wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:11 am Most lilkely mid-late summer or later, yes. Anything available this year will end up being a canceled order or anything that comes available if they choose to ramp up production, which is unlikely. Shutting down the sold order system basically tells you there's enough demand to finish the year's run efficiently.

I have a shipping company that could probably get it to you for $600-800.
$600-$800 to ship is pretty damn cheap. I need to get the Odyssey secured within budget before I can be 100% on moving forward, but I will definitely let you know.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:52 pm
max225 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:49 pm

Depends. Building teams/goals/roadmaps can be arguably more beneficial than being down in the weeds and doing a singular task.
This doesn't happen in big old corps unless you're C level. And the amount of :bs: you have to endure to get there is just :nope: to me.

But agreed 100% on that type of work. I've really enjoyed it and it's constantly changing/evolving in a smaller org.
:dat: It's nice to be able to do a variety of things that have a legitimate large impact to the entire organization and it's customer base while not being :balls: deep in the politics, which was my experience being an individual contributor at a small company.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Detroit wrote:
D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:46 pm Climbing the corporate ladder seems kinda meh in most cases, honestly. More politics, arguments, time, and stress, less actual meaningful work.
Yep, corporate management is a ton of :gag: :disgust: :nope: Takes a special breed to want that garbage.

I do enjoy startup lyfe :doe: I could see getting into leadership of some sort of startup thing at some point.
Theres a nice middle ground of mature startups that hit like 100-250 emps and its best of both worlds. Stability and money with kinda nfg if it works attitude. Of course its only a matter of time until it grows or folds. We are kinda having to operate like a big company now (up to 1100 emps) but its fun because there is no precedent. Usually coming into those with a company thayd been around a while you inherit a pile of shit.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Bloo!

coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

:megusta:

Also...we'll be twinsies.

fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

coogles wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:52 pm :megusta:

Dude congrats!

The car is a riot. You won’t be disappointed.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:56 pm Dude congrats!

The car is a riot. You won’t be disappointed.
Same to you! :excited:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Epic 3 Smurf blue rides on here soon !

What’s the delivery guestimate ?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:38 pm

Nothing official yet, salesbro guessed 4-6 months.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

rockchops wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:34 am
Detroit wrote: Yep, corporate management is a ton of :gag: :disgust: :nope: Takes a special breed to want that garbage.

I do enjoy startup lyfe :doe: I could see getting into leadership of some sort of startup thing at some point.
Theres a nice middle ground of mature startups that hit like 100-250 emps and its best of both worlds. Stability and money with kinda nfg if it works attitude. Of course its only a matter of time until it grows or folds. We are kinda having to operate like a big company now (up to 1100 emps) but its fun because there is no precedent. Usually coming into those with a company thayd been around a while you inherit a pile of shit.
My current company is in that space. ~300ish people and growing. Culture is 5/7 and I really enjoy actually doing things that matter. I'm on a project that's effectively a start up within the company, which has been great but I'm :notsure: how I'll feel as the project (and company) matures. I hope to get 5 years in :doe:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

coogles wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:45 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:38 pm

Nothing official yet, salesbro guessed 4-6 months.
:fuckyeah: :popcorn:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:41 pm Bloo!

:fuckyeah: :megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:ohdang: :nice: :like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:fuckyeah:

Congrats Fled and Coogs!! I hope to join the ranks within a year or so. It looks so good in blue, I was kind of leaning red but now I’m :notsure:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:22 am

Oh, wow.

So, this replaces the GTI?
That's the plan. I'll be trading the GTI on likely a 2011-2013 Odyssey whenever I find a lower mileage one for a decent :dill:. 'Yota :dillerman: says they won't receive another allocation until the end of the month so until then he won't know when we might expect the order to be fulfilled. :iono: But the order is in.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Hey y'all! Put me down for a 2022 :plac:

I picked this beaty up yesterday morning and hit the road right away. It drives better then I thought it would, lots of positives and one not so positive. I'll post up in my Cammie review when I'm not rushing for a work assignment.

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Tar wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:22 am Hey y'all! Put me down for a 2022 :plac:

I picked this beaty up yesterday morning and hit the road right away. It drives better then I thought it would, lots of positives and one not so positive. I'll post up in my Cammie review when I'm not rushing for a work assignment.

Nice.

The new camarys look pretty sharp for a sedan IMHO.
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:41 am

Nice.

The new camarys look pretty sharp for a sedan IMHO.
Thanks Brad, it looks really good to me as well, kind reminds me of my 2004 TL in a number of ways. It actually drives really well, steering is tight, handling is secure (SE on 18s feels very well sorted for a kamfy kouch). No ragrets!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Congrats :bruh: ! Excited for the review after a bit of time. I honestly like new Cammies and Hybrids.
ChrisoftheNorth

:popcorn:
max225

Just in time for war ! And your wish is my command sir
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:55 am

Just in time for war ! And your wish is my command sir
Crazy ain't it?! And i was glad that I still have access to my accounts. Fuel savings will be top priority this year.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:50 am

Congrats :bruh: ! Excited for the review after a bit of time. I honestly like new Cammies and Hybrids.
Thanks so much broseph, this thing drives :nice: , I :wub: the hybrid, it's pretty dece.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Tar wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:02 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:50 am

Thanks so much broseph, this thing drives :nice: , I :wub: the hybrid, it's pretty dece.
What is the power train in the Cammie? Is it slow as balls? After driving this Ioniq for a few days, I think it is too slow for me, and I'm not really someone who cares too much about power.
max225

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:04 am
Tar wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:02 am

What is the power train in the Cammie? Is it slow as balls? After driving this Ioniq for a few days, I think it is too slow for me, and I'm not really someone who cares too much about power.
It’s because it’s a flipping Hyundai …