Northern 4R Adventures

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Closed out 2021 with what might be the most epic vehicle transaction of my life.

Sold: 2021 Subaru Crosstrek Sport ($4,500 profit from sale to Carvana)
Bought: 2022 Toyota 4Runner TuRD Off Road Premium Army Green

Options:
Sunroof
Steps
Cross Rails
Additional USB Ports
All Weather Mats
MSRP: $46,262 (paid, no markup)

Added on Bronze TuRD Wheels with Falken Wildpeak AT3w's in stock 265/70r17 sizes for $1,850. Sold the stock wheels to the :dillerman: for $850, :notbad: The wheels and tires set the thing off.

Picked it up with 3 miles on it from the :dillerman: showroom:

Got it home:

This is the vehicle we should have had a while ago, but being tied to the american OEMs for employment made that tough. It's really the last vehicle of its kind, which is sad. I really like the ride and drive, refinement, and quietness over the JL, and it's bigger to fit more stuff and accommodate more passenger space. Yea, it's slow and sucks gas, but I love that it feels like it could drive through the apocalypse tomorrow ZFG.

It'll tow the boat, we'll take it camping and wheeling, really excited to get out and adventure with the thing. I love it. More to come...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

:fuckyeah:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Cheese

:fuckyeah:

First car was an ‘02 4Runner handed down from parents. Rolled it two months into having my drivers license by being a dumb teenager. That’s a story for another day lol. Thing was a tank. Parents never maintained it, I did spark plugs on it for the first time ever when it became mine at 225k miles or so. Motor was swapped at 100k-ish when my mom cracked the block by hitting a tree with it. When I rolled it, it kept running for a while and I had to tell someone to climb in and shut it off since nobody would let me get up after getting out and sitting down.

Bet that motor is in some other 4R or taco giving it more life now.

I love these things. One day might pick up another.
Mk6 Jetta 1.8T with sketchy history (sold) -> :cheese:
IG: @cheesy_miata and @adeebsal
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:fuckyeah: dude. Love that this worked out like it did.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Who's wearing the pink fuzzy face covering? I'm guessing Infamous is, and she already claimed ownership of the primary dash cubby hole.

I guess that's how we know she loves the new truck! So what are you going to be driving? :lolol:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Also, how perfect is that green on bronze in a forest clad backdrop like you property offers, seems like a perfect fit!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Oh so we make a new :bread: for each new vehicle ?
ChrisoftheNorth

adoob wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:30 pm :fuckyeah:

First car was an ‘02 4Runner handed down from parents. Rolled it two months into having my drivers license by being a dumb teenager. That’s a story for another day lol. Thing was a tank. Parents never maintained it, I did spark plugs on it for the first time ever when it became mine at 225k miles or so. Motor was swapped at 100k-ish when my mom cracked the block by hitting a tree with it. When I rolled it, it kept running for a while and I had to tell someone to climb in and shut it off since nobody would let me get up after getting out and sitting down.

:impressive:

It really does feel like a tank. The 4.0L V6 is probably the same as what you had. :lolol:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tar wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:05 pm Who's wearing the pink fuzzy face covering? I'm guessing Infamous is, and she already claimed ownership of the primary dash cubby hole.

I guess that's how we know she loves the new truck! So what are you going to be driving? :lolol:
:lolol: I actually wear it the most because it's oversized and fits my face well. It's the most comfortable face covering I've worn. Plus it's fun to watch how :triggered: people get seeing a 6'5" giant wearing a bright pink face covering. I get comments constantly about it. :whocares:
ChrisoftheNorth

Tar wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:07 pm Also, how perfect is that green on bronze in a forest clad backdrop like you property offers, seems like a perfect fit!
Yea, it fits in with where we live perfectly. It's almost camo.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:02 am
max225 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:10 am Oh so we make a new :bread: for each new vehicle ?
You’re welcome to do things however you please. :iono:
:dat:

Figured this kept it more on topic. Only Cucktrek talk in here will be comparisons to the 4R. Which other than solid build quality from Japan, there are none.
max225

Detroit wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:22 am
[user not found] wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:02 am

You’re welcome to do things however you please. :iono:

Figured this kept it more on topic. Only Cucktrek talk in here will be comparisons to the 4R. Which other than solid build quality from Japan, there are none.
I’d be curious to see when/if it gets posted on their site.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:23 am
Detroit wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:22 am

I’d be curious to see when/if it gets posted on their site.
Yea, I'll close out the Cucktrek thread with the Carvana listing. Still not on their site yet.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Those wheels are awsome man, love the new ride!!
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:20 am
Tar wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:05 pm Who's wearing the pink fuzzy face covering? I'm guessing Infamous is, and she already claimed ownership of the primary dash cubby hole.

:lolol: I actually wear it the most because it's oversized and fits my face well. It's the most comfortable face covering I've worn. Plus it's fun to watch how :triggered: people get seeing a 6'5" giant wearing a bright pink face covering. I get comments constantly about it. :whocares:
That's cool shit, I'm a fan of anyone who has the inner strength and willingness to go against the grain. It's harder to be different then it is to stand with the majority. Pink is hawt,
ChrisoftheNorth

Tar wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:10 pm
Detroit wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:20 am
That's cool shit, I'm a fan of anyone who has the inner strength and willingness to go against the grain. It's harder to be different then it is to stand with the majority. Pink is hawt,
I enjoy going against the grain, especially when it comes to colors. I have a few pink and purple shirts, this pink face covering, some pink water bottles (I had a boss at Stellanus that constantly made fun of me carrying a pink water bottle around), it's amazing how :triggered: colors can make people.

:whocares: :trollface:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

MeUndies has amazingly soft oversized masks.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:10 pm MeUndies has amazingly soft oversized masks.
I might check these out.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:38 pm
Tar wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:10 pm

I enjoy going against the grain, especially when it comes to colors. I have a few pink and purple shirts, this pink face covering, some pink water bottles (I had a boss at Stellanus that constantly made fun of me carrying a pink water bottle around), it's amazing how :triggered: colors can make people.

:whocares: :trollface:
I am cheap so I wind up using a lot of :tits: hand-me-down stuff. I carry this hot pink duffel bag to the gym and mountain bike trails and suck all the time, partly for the lolz, partly because it’s a serviceable bag that she didn’t want for some reason. I enjoy the :triggered:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

adoob wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:30 pm :fuckyeah:

:lolol: I had a buddy in high school who’s dad had the 3rd gen in RWD (we called it the 2Runner). I think it was a 2000.

He rolled the thing as well, evidently it got really tail happy in the wet and he went a bit too full send.

:impressive:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:10 am Oh so we make a new :bread: for each new vehicle ?
You do you, boo.
max225

D Griff wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:17 am
You do you, boo.
It was a question. I dunno the rulez
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:19 am
D Griff wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:17 am

You do you, boo.
It was a question. I dunno the rulez
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:12 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:10 pm MeUndies has amazingly soft oversized masks.
I might check these out.
They're spendy but the quality is very nice. I also like my Chubbies mask if you prefer a more chin contoured shape
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Great truck. Love everything about this.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.