Adeeb's Cheese Adventures

Strut your greasy stuff!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

It is probably hellrot red, so hellrot it is probably. Thats the color code for red on e36's.

I also like that you have a yellow and a red car, which are the colors for my favorite soccer team.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Cheese

Small update.

Z3 gauge cluster came back from Autotronic, works fully now, except it now reads 960,000 miles. Yes. You read that right.

:rage:

It’s now back in the UK getting that fixed on their dime. Took some time to make “world’s cleanest million mile Z3” jokes for the couple days we had the working cluster.

From my rudimentary understanding of the way that cluster stores mileage, there is a removable coding plug that contains mileage and other cluster data, and an internal cluster mileage, along with the ECU’s one. The cluster upon power up takes the highest between the coding plug and ECU, and displays it and stores internally. This means the cluster is probably stuck counting up from 960,000, and we’re probably getting a new cluster on their dime. They probably went to write 96,000 to the plug to set it marginally lower than ECU’s ~98k we estimate now, and in the process accidentally added another 0.

But it is what it is. Car has been running like a top otherwise. He got a new Flowmaster muffler and Vibrant resonator put in, sounds glorious, but a bit droney down low.

:cheese: has been running great as well, still haven’t gotten around to finishing the battery relocation+swap or the sound deadening install. The heat is just too brutal and I’ve been taking looking for a job a lot more seriously lately so that’s taking up my time.
Mk6 Jetta 1.8T with sketchy history (sold) -> :cheese:
IG: @cheesy_miata and @adeebsal
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

adoob wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:08 pm Small update.

Z3 gauge cluster came back from Autotronic, works fully now, except it now reads 960,000 miles. Yes. You read that right.

:rage:

It’s now back in the UK getting that fixed on their dime. Took some time to make “world’s cleanest million mile Z3” jokes for the couple days we had the working cluster.

From my rudimentary understanding of the way that cluster stores mileage, there is a removable coding plug that contains mileage and other cluster data, and an internal cluster mileage, along with the ECU’s one. The cluster upon power up takes the highest between the coding plug and ECU, and displays it and stores internally. This means the cluster is probably stuck counting up from 960,000, and we’re probably getting a new cluster on their dime. They probably went to write 96,000 to the plug to set it marginally lower than ECU’s ~98k we estimate now, and in the process accidentally added another 0.

But it is what it is. Car has been running like a top otherwise. He got a new Flowmaster muffler and Vibrant resonator put in, sounds glorious, but a bit droney down low.

:cheese: has been running great as well, still haven’t gotten around to finishing the battery relocation+swap or the sound deadening install. The heat is just too brutal and I’ve been taking looking for a job a lot more seriously lately so that’s taking up my time.
Dang. That's :rage: and, TBH, kinda :lolol: , too. Glad they're fixing it on their tuppence.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:17 pm
:ohdang: so essentially 2 miatas
Yep! Just one is a fancy older German 6 cylinder one.

It is indeed hellrot red.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Honestly a million mile Z3 might be worth more than whatever it actually is... the first BMW to run well past 200K in history! Let alone make it to a millski.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Which engine is in the Z?
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:40 am Which engine is in the Z?
The 2.8L inline 6, not sure of the exact engine code or anything, will have to ask bro
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

D Griff wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:41 pm Honestly a million mile Z3 might be worth more than whatever it actually is... the first BMW to run well past 200K in history! Let alone make it to a millski.
This is true :lolol:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

adoob wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:45 pm
CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:40 am Which engine is in the Z?
The 2.8L inline 6, not sure of the exact engine code or anything, will have to ask bro
I don't know what that engine is like, but I've driven the 2.5L M54 in my friend's E46, and that thing WOKE UP after headers and a tune. The tune also raises the rev limiter to 7000rpm which is totally fine for these engines. Might be something he can look forward to in the future.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:28 pm
adoob wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:45 pm

I don't know what that engine is like, but I've driven the 2.5L M54 in my friend's E46, and that thing WOKE UP after headers and a tune. The tune also raises the rev limiter to 7000rpm which is totally fine for these engines. Might be something he can look forward to in the future.
That would be :nice:

Some of these BMW inline sixes that max out at 6K just feel choked and like they want to rev more the times I've driven them.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Since the exhaust is already modified thought it MIGHT be too loud with headers.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

CaleDeRoo wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:52 pm Since the exhaust is already modified thought it MIGHT be too loud with headers.
Definitely. It’s already kinda too loud as is. This Flowmaster muffler seems to be very bass heavy, as the droney bass at low rpm is loud and the car seems to get quieter as it approaches redline and picks up that beautiful BMW i6 rasp. Really the opposite behavior it should have. Gonna look into different mufflers because I know my brother is not the type to pay for a full aftermarket exhaust.

I have learned it’s an M52, and the redline is 6500 stock.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

The legacy continues.

In other news, clutch slave cylinder on the Z3 went out, it was down for a few days. The other day we put a new one from FCPEuro in, along with flushing the brake and clutch lines with fresh Stoptech STR600 fluid. According to my brother the brakes now feel much better, and in the short bit I drove the car around the block the clutch feels way smoother to engage now. Pedal feels lighter than before but we now think that’s how it’s supposed to feel on the Z3, and it was just broken earlier.

Quick test drive video
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

That thing sounds :nice:

And the :cheese: is hot.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Just dropping by with some :cheese: pics. Just picked up a camera recently and did a quick test shoot with it.

Gonna be taking the car and camera to Cars and Coffee this Sunday.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

adoob wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:23 pm Image

Just dropping by with some :cheese: pics. Just picked up a camera recently and did a quick test shoot with it.

Pics are way too dark bro, and don't leave the windows up on the thing during a photoshoot.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:35 pm
adoob wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:23 pm Image

Pics are way too dark bro, and don't leave the windows up on the thing during a photoshoot.
:sass:

:notwrong: :doe:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

razr390 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:35 pm
Agree on both points, just took these real quick on the way to somewhere. First time shooting with the camera and in full manual so all the other photos were blown out way too bright :derp:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

So rare to find a clean sports car like this for the price it was purchased at. :wub:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Adeeb! Im gonna be in Orlando the last weekend of September. I heard about the ace cafe meets and Im getting my first turo rental which is a 500 abarth
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Quite a few things have happened since my last update. Z3 mainly.

Cluster came back. They fixed the mileage for no charge, but tamper light is on :rage:. But my brother is :aintcare: about it and I agree. Not worth the effort to get perfect.

So remember he bought the kit with the clutch fan delete, new water pump and thermostat? That was gonna be a “let’s wait till we have free time” install, until the temp started rising quite high while he sat in line to pick up the baby bro from school. :doomed:

So that’s all installed now. We had to wait a few days in the middle because in the process of doing the pump and stuff, a tiny connection on the radiator cracked when removing the hose necessitating a new radiator and hose. :thisisfine: Bleeding the loop was a minor pain, but in the short bit of driving today the car seems to be running great. New thermostat opens earlier and fan switch triggers at lower temps which is great. With no longer having a belt-driven fan, the engine feels more torquey in the bottom end and freer revving. Did a little half donut with just a quick throttle blip taking it around the block. :neat:

Honestly, :notbad: for our very first go doing basically a full cooling system refresh.

Oh and the battery died. :derp: The cheapo radio bro put in stays on all the time even though we wired it correctly and it killed the battery in the few days between us installing the water pump and thermostat and getting the radiator in. Had to jumpstart the car using :cheese: to bleed the air from the loop.

Because I bought the NA/NB battery as part of the TDR Super Cool kit, I decided to get it installed today finally so I could put the current battery in :cheese: into the Z3. Partway through the process the weather forecast kept showing it was gonna rain, and we got some thunder, but it never rained. But assuming rain was coming we aborted and I just put the NA/NB battery in the stock location with some packing paper helping hold down the battery under the stock tiedown.

Next weekend I’ll probably get it done all proper. This’ll hold for now.

Oh and here’s some photos from earlier this month.

adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:26 am Adeeb! Im gonna be in Orlando the last weekend of September. I heard about the ace cafe meets and Im getting my first turo rental which is a 500 abarth
Sounds fun! In ~2 weeks I’ll be trying my first Turo rental as well, heading to houston for cousin’s wedding and we rented a :fancy: Genesis GV80 in metallic green with tan interior for the weekend.

Orlando Roadsters night at the Ace is the last Monday of every month, I miiiiight be out there with Cheese and bro with the Z3 if my schedule allows.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

adoob wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:44 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:26 am Adeeb! Im gonna be in Orlando the last weekend of September. I heard about the ace cafe meets and Im getting my first turo rental which is a 500 abarth
Sounds fun! In ~2 weeks I’ll be trying my first Turo rental as well, heading to houston for cousin’s wedding and we rented a :fancy: Genesis GV80 in metallic green with tan interior for the weekend.

Orlando Roadsters night at the Ace is the last Monday of every month, I miiiiight be out there with Cheese and bro with the Z3 if my schedule allows.
In4deetz on the red Civic in the last pic :lolol:

Houston blows but curious to hear about the GV80, they seem super nice, metallic green is also hot for a luxo cruiser like that. I've had pretty solid success with Turo, probably done a dozen ish rentals from them.