Adeeb's Cheese Adventures

Strut your greasy stuff!
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

adoob wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:44 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:26 am Adeeb! Im gonna be in Orlando the last weekend of September. I heard about the ace cafe meets and Im getting my first turo rental which is a 500 abarth
Sounds fun! In ~2 weeks I’ll be trying my first Turo rental as well, heading to houston for cousin’s wedding and we rented a :fancy: Genesis GV80 in metallic green with tan interior for the weekend.

Orlando Roadsters night at the Ace is the last Monday of every month, I miiiiight be out there with Cheese and bro with the Z3 if my schedule allows.
Facck im flying back on sunday :sad:
Also deets on the GV80
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Cheese

D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:35 pm
adoob wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:44 pm

Sounds fun! In ~2 weeks I’ll be trying my first Turo rental as well, heading to houston for cousin’s wedding and we rented a :fancy: Genesis GV80 in metallic green with tan interior for the weekend.

Orlando Roadsters night at the Ace is the last Monday of every month, I miiiiight be out there with Cheese and bro with the Z3 if my schedule allows.
In4deetz on the red Civic in the last pic :lolol:

Houston blows but curious to hear about the GV80, they seem super nice, metallic green is also hot for a luxo cruiser like that. I've had pretty solid success with Turo, probably done a dozen ish rentals from them.
Wish I had more info on it, just happened to pass by rolling into the cars and coffee lot. I thiiink I have another photo of a green EG Civic with the red behind it, will look for it.

The GV80 was the best deal I could find on something :fancy: / :waxer: to roll up to the wedding in. It's a brown wedding so we gotta fit in :lolol:

Plus green will stand out from the sea of monochrome. Also under consideration was a yellow Q8 or a blue S5 sportback but both were just out of budget and not comfy enough looking for the parents' approval.

Images from the Turo listing:

:excited:
Mk6 Jetta 1.8T with sketchy history (sold) -> :cheese:
IG: @cheesy_miata and @adeebsal
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:08 am
Facck im flying back on sunday :sad:
Also deets on the GV80
:sad:

Posted pics from the listing above, much :excited:
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

A school bus was randomly parked behind the fam's restaurant today, and my first thought was to recreate the picture from [user not found]'s old build thread. Must embrace tradition.

edit: wow it autochanges Z-i-l-l to [user not found] huh
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

adoob wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:10 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:35 pm

In4deetz on the red Civic in the last pic :lolol:

Houston blows but curious to hear about the GV80, they seem super nice, metallic green is also hot for a luxo cruiser like that. I've had pretty solid success with Turo, probably done a dozen ish rentals from them.
Wish I had more info on it, just happened to pass by rolling into the cars and coffee lot. I thiiink I have another photo of a green EG Civic with the red behind it, will look for it.

The GV80 was the best deal I could find on something :fancy: / :waxer: to roll up to the wedding in. It's a brown wedding so we gotta fit in :lolol:

Plus green will stand out from the sea of monochrome. Also under consideration was a yellow Q8 or a blue S5 sportback but both were just out of budget and not comfy enough looking for the parents' approval.

Images from the Turo listing:

:excited:
Man, that interior.
:megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

adoob wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:13 pm Image

A school bus was randomly parked behind the fam's restaurant today, and my first thought was to recreate the picture from [user not found]'s old build thread. Must embrace tradition.

Yeah :(
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Don't get me started on that :eyeroll:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Miata looks dope though.

That Genny looks grey to me :lolol:
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

Ive got to get mine to stop ticking (on the path to do so), get new tires mounted, replace a few odds and ends anget get it cleaned up nice. Such great cars
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:30 pm
Ive got to get mine to stop ticking (on the path to do so), get new tires mounted, replace a few odds and ends anget get it cleaned up nice. Such great cars
:doit:

I get sad if I don’t get to drive this thing at least once every couple of days.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Small :cheese: update:

The car got rear ended yesterday. :rage:
Happened on the way to pick up the Z3 from getting its top replaced (that’s another update I’ll have to post soon). Thankfully no real damage, just a couple small scuffs that should just come out with a polisher.

The guy couldn’t find his insurance but was in a work van and gave me his manager's number, but I haven’t bothered calling. Forgot to hit save on the dashcam vid so it got overwritten by sitting in traffic on the way home after picking up the Z3, and I didn’t take a good photo of the incident. Would probably be too much of a hassle to prove my case.

Live and learn. No real harm done.

On the bright side, starting to get the hang of controlling the car with the rear loose. It’s fun. I will probably need new tires soon.

adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Car took a raccoon to the face last night. Lip is toast most likely, cracked almost all the way through on the left side. Front section of passenger side front fender liner fell out as well, ran 150ft or so back in pitch black darkness to pick it up off the road.

Filed an insurance claim since finding a new lip, getting it painted, and painting the bumper to match as well is definitely more than my deductible. Put that I only want an estimate and will be taking it to a shop of my choice. Gonna see if I can score an NC3 front end or something out of this since the NC2 lips are almost impossible to find.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

adoob wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:58 pm Image

Car took a raccoon to the face last night. Lip is toast most likely, cracked almost all the way through on the left side. Front section of passenger side front fender liner fell out as well, ran 150ft or so back in pitch black darkness to pick it up off the road.

Filed an insurance claim since finding a new lip, getting it painted, and painting the bumper to match as well is definitely more than my deductible. Put that I only want an estimate and will be taking it to a shop of my choice. Gonna see if I can score an NC3 front end or something out of this since the NC2 lips are almost impossible to find.
:dang: hope it gets fixed good
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Insurance is covering new bumper, lip, undertray, and front section of passenger front fender liner that got ripped out. :fuckyeah:

I’ve also got the clear for aftermarket parts if the shop I choose is okay with it.

Looking at prices and the lack of NC2 lip availability, the current plan appears to be that Cheese is getting an NC3 front end conversion. The bumper itself is actually cheaper by $300 as well. Much :excited:
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

adoob wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:43 am Insurance is covering new bumper, lip, undertray, and front section of passenger front fender liner that got ripped out. :fuckyeah:

I’ve also got the clear for aftermarket parts if the shop I choose is okay with it.

Looking at prices and the lack of NC2 lip availability, the current plan appears to be that Cheese is getting an NC3 front end conversion. The bumper itself is actually cheaper by $300 as well. Much :excited:
nice.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
wap

adoob wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:43 am Insurance is covering new bumper, lip, undertray, and front section of passenger front fender liner that got ripped out. :fuckyeah:

Oh interesting.

In4pics of FrankenCheese
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

wap wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:08 am
Oh interesting.

In4pics of FrankenCheese
Inspiration is heavily coming from this car, @9thhope on instagram.
Can’t seem to add the pics so here’s his reddit post with them.

He’s also been super helpful with information about the swap and also info for potentially sourcing a NOPRO bumper from Japan if I go that route instead.

http://www.nopro.jp/original135.html?mode=pc
The Nopro bumper in question.

It’s ultimately going to come down to parts costs and shipping/lead time.
wap

adoob wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:42 pm
wap wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:08 am
Oh interesting.

In4pics of FrankenCheese
Inspiration is heavily coming from this car, @9thhope on instagram.
Can’t seem to add the pics so here’s his reddit post with them.

He’s also been super helpful with information about the swap and also info for potentially sourcing a NOPRO bumper from Japan if I go that route instead.

http://www.nopro.jp/original135.html?mode=pc
The Nopro bumper in question.

It’s ultimately going to come down to parts costs and shipping/lead time.
Those are weirdly compressed pics. And that's a wild side mirror. Should look good, :doe: :like:
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

No real updates on the bumper situation yet other than I’ve decided on an NC3 one because the import cost is very high for the Nopro ones. Just gotta get ahold of one and get the ball rolling. Backordered but apparently there’s a couple in stock at dealers about 2 hours away.

On the other hand, I’ve ordered LED bulbs to replace *every* bulb on the Miata. So far did all the taillight ones, the trunk one, and the high beams. Had to modify the blinker relay to disable bulb-out detection hyper flash (cut pin 8 on the Atmel IC). Still a little fast so I’m probably gonna replace the capacitor on the backside to slow down the whole relay frequency so it’s just right.

High beams before:

High beams after:
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Cheeseboy you are a nasty modder bitch.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Full LED is now complete, and I can run the parking lights as DRLs since the front turn signals are switchback. Really loving how much this modernizes the car’s aesthetic, especially the blinkers.

Two small issues are the existing fog lights are intermittent, and one of the new HIDs from Diode Dynamics is faulty and intermittent. I switched back to the old HIDs and the fogs I think are not coming on because it’s not seeing enough resistance from the low and high beams to indicate that they’re on. That will be fixed whenever I bypass that for direct fog light control like I mentioned a few posts back.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

adoob wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:59 pm Full LED is now complete, and I can run the parking lights as DRLs since the front turn signals are switchback. Really loving how much this modernizes the car’s aesthetic, especially the blinkers.

Two small issues are the existing fog lights are intermittent, and one of the new HIDs from Diode Dynamics is faulty and intermittent. I switched back to the old HIDs and the fogs I think are not coming on because it’s not seeing enough resistance from the low and high beams to indicate that they’re on. That will be fixed whenever I bypass that for direct fog light control like I mentioned a few posts back.
Can you throw a 4ohm 25W resistor in series with the LED bulbs?
golftdibrad1
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Very nice my dude car is looking nice.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:01 am Very nice my dude car is looking nice.
:dat:

Fantastic little sports car, :wub:
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Tar wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:14 pm Can you throw a 4ohm 25W resistor in series with the LED bulbs?
For the high beams? That’s an idea I didn’t think of but hmmm.

For the turn signals I opted to modify the relay instead and disable the bulb-out hyper flash because I didn’t like the idea of wasting power as heat and having the extra wiring and mounting of resistors.

But for the high beams it might work. I am gonna do the fog wiring mod anyways but it’ll at least shut the high beams off fully. I found last night that with the headlights on the high beams stay on all the time now but dimly lit, and the light in the cluster stays lit. When I actually turn on the high beams it goes full bright and same for the light in the cluster. The dimly lit state isn’t obnoxious or anything, it just lights up the housing basically like the switchbacks but a little dimmer. I think it just looks better with it fully off though. This is how it currently lights up with high beams “off” but low beams on.