2022 Blazer - The Colorado replacement

Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

So serious question... what is the point of the Equinox now that the Blazer exists? Isn't it the same size thing but better driving/looking?
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:53 am So serious question... what is the point of the Equinox now that the Blazer exists? Isn't it the same size thing but better driving/looking?
Good question, and I'm not entirely sure. The Blazer is a touch bigger, I think, but drives/rides/handles better than the Equinox from what I've been told. I believe all 3 are built on the same platform as well, so maybe it's just the cheaper option now?
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

D Griff wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:53 am So serious question... what is the point of the Equinox now that the Blazer exists? Isn't it the same size thing but better driving/looking?
The blazer is 8" longer and 4" wider. It's also noticably built to a higher quality inside. It's a decent step up if you must stay with GM, like my dad's entire family. They all had equinoxes and terrains for years, and now they're all leasing blazers.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Devilchrono wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:01 am
Good question, and I'm not entirely sure. The Blazer is a touch bigger, I think, but drives/rides/handles better than the Equinox from what I've been told. I believe all 3 are built on the same platform as well, so maybe it's just the cheaper option now?
Equinox is actually a different platform. Equinox, Terrain, Envision share the same platform (D2)

Blazer, Acadia, and XT5 share the same shortened platform (C1) and Traverse, Enclave, and XT6 are the long version (C1)

C1 is really a goldilocks size.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:25 am
Devilchrono wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:01 am

Equinox is actually a different platform. Equinox, Terrain, Envision share the same platform (D2)

Blazer, Acadia, and XT5 share the same shortened platform (C1) and Traverse, Enclave, and XT6 are the long version (C1)

Wasn’t sure it was on the same platform or not, so that’s good to know. So far, I’m really liking it. It could use some braces, better tires and more noise, but in stock form, I truly do enjoy driving it.
ChrisoftheNorth

Devilchrono wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:56 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:25 am

Wasn’t sure it was on the same platform or not, so that’s good to know. So far, I’m really liking it. It could use some braces, better tires and more noise, but in stock form, I truly do enjoy driving it.
That's awesome! Glad you're enjoying it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Detroit wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:52 pm
Devilchrono wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:56 pm

That's awesome! Glad you're enjoying it.
Yup, it really does remind me of my GTI, just bigger. Obviously it doesn't handle/preform as well, but there's, hopefully, an aftermarket for it soon enough to correct some of that.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

So, have just over 4K miles on it now and still enjoy it. Just wish there was more out there for it on the aftermarket, but I’m still hoping it gets there.

Ordered an AFE dry filter last night for it just to give it a shot. Looking at buying a Vibrant muffler and new tips and having a shop just make an axle back out of it.

Ran it through the wash this morning and snapped some more, crappy, pics before having to get inside and clocked in for the day. It needs a good detail inside and out, but this gives a good idea what I’m working with daily. Fits the two kiddos just fine and I still have plenty of room in the drivers seat even with the huge convertible seat for our 4 year old behind me.

CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I've run vibrant stuff before and it's nice quality.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

It's really the only muffler I've found that looks like it'll fit, and I've always heard really good things about them so I'll probably give it a shot later this year if there's not something on the market for it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Devilchrono wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:22 am It's really the only muffler I've found that looks like it'll fit, and I've always heard really good things about them so I'll probably give it a shot later this year if there's not something on the market for it.
:doit:

I'm pretty sure no exhausts are coming, it is a market of one buyer... you.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

It is an attractive CUV :doe:
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:23 am
Devilchrono wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:22 am It's really the only muffler I've found that looks like it'll fit, and I've always heard really good things about them so I'll probably give it a shot later this year if there's not something on the market for it.

Magnaflow is the only one that I've found that makes an exhaust, but it's for the V6 RS that's AWD apparently. Sadly, in fact, almost everything I've found is only for the V6 ones, nothing really for the 4cyl.

Oh well, that does keep me from spending a bunch on it. I'll probably try to do the exhaust late summer or in the fall, and different wheels/tires when the stockers are toast. I was hoping there'd be more out there for it, and there might be in a few years, but I do honestly enjoy it as is and have no desire to offload it for something different right now.
ChrisoftheNorth

Devilchrono wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:32 am
D Griff wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:23 am

Magnaflow is the only one that I've found that makes an exhaust, but it's for the V6 RS that's AWD apparently. Sadly, in fact, almost everything I've found is only for the V6 ones, nothing really for the 4cyl.

Oh well, that does keep me from spending a bunch on it. I'll probably try to do the exhaust late summer or in the fall, and different wheels/tires when the stockers are toast. I was hoping there'd be more out there for it, and there might be in a few years, but I do honestly enjoy it as is and have no desire to offload it for something different right now.
Going custom on an exhaust will end up being cheaper and hopefully you can identify a muffler that perfectly suits your needs. Not a bad way to go TBH.

It really is a good looking vehicle.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:12 am
Devilchrono wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:32 am

Going custom on an exhaust will end up being cheaper and hopefully you can identify a muffler that perfectly suits your needs. Not a bad way to go TBH.

I really like it, but do wish I'd been able to go White instead of Gray, but then it looks real similar to our Traverse. And I couldn't justify the cost of buying a V6 RS in AWD over this either; it was almost $12k more for that just on MSRP alone and I didn't see the worth in spending that extra cash on it.

My goal with this is to keep it for as long as possible, and hopefully make it my oldest kids first car in like 10 years.
ChrisoftheNorth

Devilchrono wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:08 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:12 am

I really like it, but do wish I'd been able to go White instead of Gray, but then it looks real similar to our Traverse. And I couldn't justify the cost of buying a V6 RS in AWD over this either; it was almost $12k more for that just on MSRP alone and I didn't see the worth in spending that extra cash on it.

My goal with this is to keep it for as long as possible, and hopefully make it my oldest kids first car in like 10 years.
AWD would do nothing for you, and I honestly like the power delivery of the 2.0 better than the 3.6 because of the torque. You made the right call. My favorite color on these is the bright blue (our neighbor's daughter has one and I :megusta: it every time we drive by), but Gray and silver compliment the overall style nicely. White is a bet bleh on them because I think it hides character lines and makes it look more like a Traverse.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Detroit wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:10 pm
Devilchrono wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:08 pm

AWD would do nothing for you, and I honestly like the power delivery of the 2.0 better than the 3.6 because of the torque. You made the right call. My favorite color on these is the bright blue (our neighbor's daughter has one and I :megusta: it every time we drive by), but Gray and silver compliment the overall style nicely. White is a bet bleh on them because I think it hides character lines and makes it look more like a Traverse.
I really like the blue, but dealers here were charging a $4k premium for the blue. So it was pushing the RS that I really wanted to almost $50k :dislike:

The Iron Gray though with the package on it with the black wheels though helps make it look great, and I actually don't see many others in this color combo around me, they're either Red, White or Silver actually.

The power in the 2.0 is just about perfect though, and it's 'flickable' enough for me with how/where I drive, so it's truly as close to a 'perfect' car/compromise for me, and I'm glad my buddy at the dealer suggested it when I was looking to replace the truck.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Does yours have dual or single exit exhaust?
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:10 pm Does yours have dual or single exit exhaust?
Dual exit. From the cat back, it flows into a giant suitcase style muffler with exits on either sides. So, I need something like this, as the bumper also is molded with the dual exhaust exit points in it:

https://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/ ... 93d3841e53
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Oh ok. I was thinking you could also get a standard single to double muffler, and put it in line with the rest of the exhaust, then just have two pipes go out to the exits. On my Subaru I used just a big resonator from vibrant and no muffler. It was OEM quiet when cruising but sounded perfect while on the gas. You might be able to save some money by going with the regular style muffler. Regardless hopefully whichever muffler you go with is loud enough for you.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Didn't take a picture of it, but got my AFE dry filter for it a little while ago and got it installed. Popping the hood made it look a little more intimidating than it was; turns out it was just 5 screws around the outside of the lid and it lifted right off. Took about 5 minutes total to drop it in and reset the electronic life filter. No sound difference, that I can tell anyway, but I wasn't expecting it either. Not really anything else available for it yet, but I'm content to jus take baby steps with it and the chance to make it more my own anyway
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Devilchrono wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:10 pm Didn't take a picture of it, but got my AFE dry filter for it a little while ago and got it installed. Popping the hood made it look a little more intimidating than it was; turns out it was just 5 screws around the outside of the lid and it lifted right off. Took about 5 minutes total to drop it in and reset the electronic life filter. No sound difference, that I can tell anyway, but I wasn't expecting it either. Not really anything else available for it yet, but I'm content to jus take baby steps with it and the chance to make it more my own anyway
I also have an aFe dry filter in my car. Without going to a cone filter and aftermarket intake piping, or modified airbox you won't get any sound improvement in a model car. They're just tuned so we'll to eliminate nvh. At least they're washable.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

CaleDeRoo wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:36 pm
Devilchrono wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:10 pm Didn't take a picture of it, but got my AFE dry filter for it a little while ago and got it installed. Popping the hood made it look a little more intimidating than it was; turns out it was just 5 screws around the outside of the lid and it lifted right off. Took about 5 minutes total to drop it in and reset the electronic life filter. No sound difference, that I can tell anyway, but I wasn't expecting it either. Not really anything else available for it yet, but I'm content to jus take baby steps with it and the chance to make it more my own anyway
I also have an aFe dry filter in my car. Without going to a cone filter and aftermarket intake piping, or modified airbox you won't get any sound improvement in a model car. They're just tuned so we'll to eliminate nvh. At least they're washable.
That's what I figured. Eventually, if I can find one, I might put a different intake on it, but that's not on my list right now since there's nothing for it anyway.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Also have AFE dry cone. I have it on the 2.0t in the shats, with the CAI its actually insanely loud. Id be curious to hear the latest gen ecotec 2.0s i. comparison. Loudest intake ive had by far. So many turbo noises.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

rockchops wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:06 pm Also have AFE dry cone. I have it on the 2.0t in the shats, with the CAI its actually insanely loud. Id be curious to hear the latest gen ecotec 2.0s i. comparison. Loudest intake ive had by far. So many turbo noises.
Is it an open cone or in an airbox?