2022 Blazer - The Colorado replacement

Strut your greasy stuff!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:50 pm
Devilchrono wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:46 pm

I do too actually. I test drove a fwd v6, and liked it, but it was nose heavy for a ‘sporty’ suv/cuv. Also helps we have a v6 traverse, so I didn’t mind doing something different. Test drive an xt5 to feel the 2.0 and thought it had much better acceleration and fit me more, so I put a deposit down on the one we bought.
The 2.0 has more usable toque, and being lighter on the nose makes it feel more peppy in general. It's the way I'd go too. The aftermarket may or may not catch up depending on how popular the Blazer is with folks like yourself that want to have fun with it.
:dat:

I don't really love a 2.0T, I think the motor in my Beemah is the biggest downfall. That said, they really are a perfect fit for a light duty trucklet, great punchy low/mids for around town and highway passing, decent efficiency. I just hope GM's sounds better than the :disgust: :jeep: unit.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Devilchrono wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:59 pm
The 2.0 has more usable toque, and being lighter on the nose makes it feel more peppy in general. It's the way I'd go too. The aftermarket may or may not catch up depending on how popular the Blazer is with folks like yourself that want to have fun with it.
Yup. I am willing to wait simply because I plan on keeping this around for awhile. It would be nice to make it mine but I’ll take my time and if I have to do a lot of one off stuff, then I will when I’m able.
SInce I tend to keep cars longer than some around here, I find modding slowly over time is fun and rewarding as well. As you start to get bored, you can keep the interest going with little changes. It's also :neat: to see how each thing changes the vehicle, which you never get to do if you just dump a bunch of stuff into it up front. I really enjoyed the process of taking the Corvette to the track over and over as I slowly made changes and learned what they did.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:21 am
Devilchrono wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:59 pm

Yup. I am willing to wait simply because I plan on keeping this around for awhile. It would be nice to make it mine but I’ll take my time and if I have to do a lot of one off stuff, then I will when I’m able.
SInce I tend to keep cars longer than some around here, I find modding slowly over time is fun and rewarding as well. As you start to get bored, you can keep the interest going with little changes. It's also :neat: to see how each thing changes the vehicle, which you never get to do if you just dump a bunch of stuff into it up front. I really enjoyed the process of taking the Corvette to the track over and over as I slowly made changes and learned what they did.
If I have my way, at least right now, this thing will stay and become my oldest sons first car in like 10 years; assuming it’s still on the road and legal to be drive. Of course.

Slow, little changes are what I like too; not a fan of making wholesale changes cause then you don’t know what caused an issue should something arise/break, etc.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:20 am

I don't really love a 2.0T, I think the motor in my Beemah is the biggest downfall. That said, they really are a perfect fit for a light duty trucklet, great punchy low/mids for around town and highway passing, decent efficiency. I just hope GM's sounds better than the :disgust: :jeep: unit.
It does. The 2.0 in the :jeep: is one of the worst sounding engines made. :disgust:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:37 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:20 am

It does. The 2.0 in the :jeep: is one of the worst sounding engines made. :disgust:
It is :mindblown: , worst I've ever heard in a car. It is almost funny, every time Allison backs out of the driveway it's this spooky witch sound :wtf:
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:37 pm
It is :mindblown: , worst I've ever heard in a car. It is almost funny, every time Allison backs out of the driveway it's this spooky witch sound :wtf:
I might have told this story, but when I started at FCA, I had just driven a 2.0 JL and was complaining to someone about how bad it sounded. A dude overheard and asked "how should it sound?" and I said "anything is better than that, it's like nobody heard the vehicle before production" The guy got defensive about powertrain development timelines and it's a Jeep so :whocares: etc...turned out he was the design engineer responsible for the exhaust. :lolol: woops. They did ZERO exhaust sound tuning on it...literally just pipes designed to be as light as possible to expel exhaust gasses efficiently. That was the sole functional objective, and it sounds like it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

And yet to bring this back on topic. GM products with the 2,0 sound just fine, bordering on great in some instances. I've heard ATS's with downpipes and exhausts and they can sound really :neat: The same in a Blazer would be :notbad: IMO.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I’m gonna have to do a ton of digging around as I have time over the coming months because the blazer specific forum is dead and there’s no help whatsoever; everyone is either complaining about build times on orders, issues that have arisen with their blazer or just slapping bigger rims and putting a stereo in it and making the hatch totally useless.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:19 pm And yet to bring this back on topic. GM products with the 2,0 sound just fine, bordering on great in some instances. I've heard ATS's with downpipes and exhausts and they can sound really :neat: The same in a Blazer would be :notbad: IMO.
I dunno … the slowmaro was utterly blah in the sound department.

2 liter turbos are just hard to tune sound wise. And I don’t see the point in a jeep… the 3.6 also doesn’t sound like anything.

Want sound get a 6.4 V8
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:30 am
Devilchrono wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:05 pm ...just slapping bigger rims and putting a stereo in it and making the hatch totally useless.
Seems about right.
It’s sad, honestly. No responses to simple questions in over a week, but the stereo/wheel build threads are fairly active. Such a waste of space really
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:41 am
Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:19 pm And yet to bring this back on topic. GM products with the 2,0 sound just fine, bordering on great in some instances. I've heard ATS's with downpipes and exhausts and they can sound really :neat: The same in a Blazer would be :notbad: IMO.
I dunno … the slowmaro was utterly blah in the sound department.

2 liter turbos are just hard to tune sound wise. And I don’t see the point in a jeep… the 3.6 also doesn’t sound like anything.

Want sound get a 6.4 V8
If a Durango was in the cards, I’d have gotten one. It wasn’t though, so I want to make this more unique and have fun with it.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Detroit wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:17 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:44 pm

I might have told this story, but when I started at FCA, I had just driven a 2.0 JL and was complaining to someone about how bad it sounded. A dude overheard and asked "how should it sound?" and I said "anything is better than that, it's like nobody heard the vehicle before production" The guy got defensive about powertrain development timelines and it's a Jeep so :whocares: etc...turned out he was the design engineer responsible for the exhaust. :lolol: woops. They did ZERO exhaust sound tuning on it...literally just pipes designed to be as light as possible to expel exhaust gasses efficiently. That was the sole functional objective, and it sounds like it.
It’s 7 degrees outside this morning and Wifey leaves for work at 330am every day. It sounds like a misfiring diesel lawnmower that an 18 year old slapped a fart can exhaust on.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

I may or may not be accepting a new spot at work that would put me back to remote work 100%, so seat time might become less in the coming months, but maybe I’ll have more time to actually dig through the net to find parts, or make requests of some companies, for this thing to make it more me
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:23 pm
Devilchrono wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:06 pm I may or may not be accepting a new spot at work that would put me back to remote work 100%, so seat time might become less in the coming months, but maybe I’ll have more time to actually dig through the net to find some :ramz: and a bumpin' stereo
:lolol:

Nah, no stereo system for me, the factory one is fine for what I listen too (NFL talk radio or country music). Wheels though, would be nice to have a summer set with better tires.
Huckleberry
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 2004 GTO

CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:26 pm Magnaflow has an entire cat back for the V6. I'm sure you could call and get exact dimensions on fitment and do you own measurements on your car too. It's NOT cheap though at like $1400
Exhaust companies have gotten insane with their pricing. Magnaflow catbacks used to be $500-$600. I remember paying just under $500 for the JBA catback on my GTO back in 2007. Now, everything has a comma in the pricetag.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:39 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:26 pm Magnaflow has an entire cat back for the V6. I'm sure you could call and get exact dimensions on fitment and do you own measurements on your car too. It's NOT cheap though at like $1400
Exhaust companies have gotten insane with their pricing. Magnaflow catbacks used to be $500-$600. I remember paying just under $500 for the JBA catback on my GTO back in 2007. Now, everything has a comma in the pricetag.
Yup. I remember I got long tubes, catless mid pipe, high flow cats and all the clamps from LG for my Vette for $1,200 back in the day. That same setup now is a hair over 2K last I looked. It’s insane
ChrisoftheNorth

Devilchrono wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:11 am

Yup. I remember I got long tubes, catless mid pipe, high flow cats and all the clamps from LG for my Vette for $1,200 back in the day. That same setup now is a hair over 2K last I looked. It’s insane
And I remember thinking $1,200 for headers was a lot!
Huckleberry

I just looked, and the GTO catback from Magnaflow is now $1200. I had bought headers from Kooks for $800, and those are now $1300.

And they wonder why people are flocking to the eBay headers.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Huckleberry wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:04 pm

I just looked, and the GTO catback from Magnaflow is now $1200. I had bought headers from Kooks for $800, and those are now $1300.

I mean, seems about on par with inflation on most other things :iono:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:01 am

Yea I don’t see the issue
Huckleberry

D Griff wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:01 am

The catback was like $500-$600 back then. We're talking double the cost. I think that exceeds even the retarded pandemic inflation.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Just rolled over 2k miles on it and still enjoying it. Has done better than expected in the snow and shitty weather, but knowing how to drive helps; the truck inspired more confidence but this reminds me a lot of my GTI in those situations.

Still keeping my eyes open for mods for it, but so far there’s not anything out for the 4 cylinder that I’ve found anyway.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:nice.

Other than your initial post, have you posted any pics of this bitch?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

wap wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:00 pm :nice.

Other than your initial post, have you posted any pics of this bitch?
I have not. Once they snow we’re currently getting goes away and I can get it cleaned, I’ll take some pics and post them.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

:like:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.