Car Talk 6: Best of times and Worst of Times

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:44 pm
D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:29 pm

:notsure: I think Europe allows for beam forming which hopefully eliminates retinal surgery. I absolutely hate driving at night anymore and I actually think today's modern headlights here have made it more dangerous. I literally have blinding lights directly at eye level at all times because everyone is in a monster :truk: with ridiculous lights.
Yep. Cars are ruined … I live on a dark 2 lane road with no street lighting … and it’s uneven … I literally get HID/LEDs straight to the back of the brain right after it gets dark.
More of a reason to get the lasers :bruh: . Standard LEDs also don't swivel side to side.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Gberg2119 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:09 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:44 pm
Yep. Cars are ruined … I live on a dark 2 lane road with no street lighting … and it’s uneven … I literally get HID/LEDs straight to the back of the brain right after it gets dark.
More of a reason to get the lasers :bruh: . Standard LEDs also don't swivel side to side.
I am ok without the swivel. I love my lights in the I4... I assume the M3 are similar (in base trim) they are actually a bit better than the IX despite being lower. Maybe the lasers are better... but it seems like it's just some sort of long term headache. I am ok without.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:54 pm

Probs pointed more at the ground in the us vs performing retinal surgery in Europe.
:notsure: I think Europe allows for beam forming which hopefully eliminates retinal surgery. I absolutely hate driving at night anymore and I actually think today's modern headlights here have made it more dangerous. I literally have blinding lights directly at eye level at all times because everyone is in a monster :truk: with ridiculous lights.
My astigmatism cannot take driving at night! The worst are these blue tinted headlights the ricers on south blvd have installed. It’s like looking into that thing from men in black.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:32 pm

My astigmatism cannot take driving at night! The worst are these blue tinted headlights the ricers on south blvd have installed. It’s like looking into that thing from men in black.
It's fucking brutal. Cute :doge: BTW. :impressive:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I need to re aim my headlights. I get flashed alot.
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

D Griff wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:28 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:09 pm Thoughts on color combo ?
It's what I'd pick as well, it is hot.
yea, that color fucks.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:09 pm Thoughts on color combo ?
Fuck yeah on the green. Interior I would probably pick that gray / oyster color. But all personal preference really.
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

ok car bros, the clear is pealing on the mazdaspeed's bumper. I'd like to arrest the dammge, knowing in the future i'll have the car resprayed at some point. Whats a good way to do this?

I was thinking mask off, wet sand, rattlecan with clear. thoughts?
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Johnny_P

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:58 am ok car bros, the clear is pealing on the mazdaspeed's bumper. I'd like to arrest the dammge, knowing in the future i'll have the car resprayed at some point. Whats a good way to do this?

Wrap
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:58 am ok car bros, the clear is pealing on the mazdaspeed's bumper. I'd like to arrest the dammge, knowing in the future i'll have the car resprayed at some point. Whats a good way to do this?

That’s the only thing left to do yep.
max225

Vw interior is back to being superior ! And buttons are back
golftdibrad1
Drives: on used bald tires

:neat:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:28 pm

So pretty much a Polo?
Rented one of those in Slovenia. Decent little car, didn’t feel like a shitbox. Size was good, about MK4 Golf sized which was very usable. The motor on that was some pathetic 1.0l or 1.2 or whatever. It had no ability to accelerate to highway speeds. So this is probably an enormous improvement in motor alone.

I’d be interested in one of these. Or maybe a current GTI sized one.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:27 pm

So pretty much a Polo?
Rented one of those in Slovenia. Decent little car, didn’t feel like a shitbox. Size was good, about MK4 Golf sized which was very usable. The motor on that was some pathetic 1.0l or 1.2 or whatever. It had no ability to accelerate to highway speeds. So this is probably an enormous improvement in motor alone.

I’d be interested in one of these. Or maybe a current GTI sized one.
Yep... that looks like it is polo sized. I am glad VW is listening to customer feedback and actually giving a damn about cars again.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

This actually looks like a desirable electric car.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:08 pm

Who are you and what have you done with Breh
Desertbreh

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:28 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:08 pm

I'm coming around. First, I installed solar last month, so it is time to further compound the savings. I have to pay $16 in admin charges this month. Not $600. Yes, I forked out a lot, but not taking it from SoCal Edison in the Shawshank Laundry is sweet, sweet victory. That will keep happening for the rest of my life.

Most of my electric car hate stems from the fact that electric cars are almost all 1. overpriced 2. ugly af. This thing is neither. After my fateful ride in a Model Y I will not touch Tesla. For Model S Plaid money I'm buying a Porsche.

I Liked the form factor of my GTI a ton, hatchbacks rule. And if it turns out to be a POS, hey I spent 30 grand and made a mistake. If I spend 80 grand on a POS, I want to kill myself.

I would consider two electrics currently available because they are pleasing to my eye, which is a requirement for me in buying ANY car.
1. i4M50 big dick version of Max's car.
2. Hyundai Ioniq 6. Rear end whale tale is 930 Turboesque.

That's it. No Teslas, no Lucids, no fake trucks.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:50 pm

I'm coming around. First, I installed solar last month, so it is time to further compound the savings. I have to pay $16 in admin charges this month. Not $600. Yes, I forked out a lot, but not taking it from SoCal Edison in the Shawshank Laundry is sweet, sweet victory. That will keep happening for the rest of my life.

Most of my electric car hate stems from the fact that electric cars are almost all 1. overpriced 2. ugly af. This thing is neither. After my fateful ride in a Model Y I will not touch Tesla. For Model S Plaid money I'm buying a Porsche.

I Liked the form factor of my GTI a ton, hatchbacks rule. And if it turns out to be a POS, hey I spent 30 grand and made a mistake. If I spend 80 grand on a POS, I want to kill myself.

I would consider two electrics currently available because they are pleasing to my eye, which is a requirement for me in buying ANY car.

:triggered:
Johnny_P

Oh wow Ioniq 6 is a weird bubble car. I like the 80s hatchback one though. Whatever number it is.

Yeah I hear you tho. The full electric options are still pretty slim and very few are actually desirable.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:13 pm Oh wow Ioniq 6 is a weird bubble car. I like the 80s hatchback one though. Whatever number it is.

Yeah I hear you tho. The full electric options are still pretty slim and very few are actually desirable.
They're still throwaway products for the most part but maybe that's the plan. Have people burn through electric cars like iphones.

Subscription plans and every couple years you can upgrade to the latest EV. Doesn't vulva already do something like that?
Desertbreh

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:07 pm

:triggered:
Flamesuit on no doubt. I do like the car for whatever reason.
Desertbreh

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:13 pm Oh wow Ioniq 6 is a weird bubble car. I like the 80s hatchback one though. Whatever number it is.

Ioniq 5. I like that as well.
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:25 pm

They're still throwaway products for the most part but maybe that's the plan. Have people burn through electric cars like iphones.

Subscription plans and every couple years you can upgrade to the latest EV. Doesn't vulva already do something like that?
Regular cars are throwaway also. Ain’t nobody rolling in a Chevrolet impala from 1987
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:02 pm

Ioniq 5. I like that as well.
Eh … they seem to have $60k batteries. Could lease one for 3 years and FAFO
max225

1. Yes, they are great.
2. If you say the IX is fugly and willing to rock a Korean knock off from a 1997 Infiniti J30. We can’t be friends.

I think your model Y experience is weird. Drive one that some :derp: didn’t fill up to 100 psi like 100% of his battery … but better yet wait for the highland refresh of the model 3. And get the big dick performance version