Strut your greasy stuff!
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:50 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:33 am

Have you shown him dad's old "racecar"?
I should. I have not done that yet. Concept might get lost on him.
That's true. Guess you'll just have to get another.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Johnny_P wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:50 am
CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:33 am

Have you shown him dad's old "racecar"?
I should. I have not done that yet. Concept might get lost on him.
For now maybe but not forever :)
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Tar wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:05 am
Johnny_P wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:03 am Yearly wash
12 bucket method with intermittent cleaning of the sidewalk

JP, you're a 5/7 dad bro.

I let my toddler wash my R, watching the wash mit go from the the driveway to the paint was cringe worthy, but I let it happen and laughed. That's life, fuck cars anyways.
:lolol: I was thinking “you know you hate your car when you let a two year old go after the paint with a wash mitt “.

Quality photo though, 5/7 content.
max225

D Griff wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:11 pm

I let my toddler wash my R, watching the wash mit go from the the driveway to the paint was cringe worthy, but I let it happen and laughed. That's life, fuck cars anyways.
:lolol: I was thinking “you know you hate your car when you let a two year old go after the paint with a wash mitt “.

Does anyone currently remaining here actually go :fullretard: with the washing ?
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

It's more like letting the kid participate is stuff daddy likes so that they learn new shit. Paint job takes a back seat to rearing CFs.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

max225 wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:26 pm

Does anyone currently remaining here actually go :fullretard: with the washing ?
Zero free time lately. I bring a few products to the coin-op, hose it down and spray it with some tire shine and spray wax to get the water droplets off. Plus nobody does a three stage buff on a camry unless they're mentally deficient.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Yes. But I now realize that this disparity between me and everyone else is that I get aboslutely zero precipitation and every time the wind blows above 10 mph, a layer of dust is deposited on my vehicles parked outdoors which will not come off without water or detail spray and a rag. Occasionally there will be an errant blown irrigation head that then showers your dusty car turning into utter carnage. And no, I cannot deal with the layer of dust on the car it :triggered: me.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:03 pm
Yes. But I now realize that this disparity between me and everyone else is that I get aboslutely zero precipitation and every time the wind blows above 10 mph, a layer of dust is deposited on my vehicles parked outdoors which will not come off without water or detail spray and a rag. Occasionally there will be an errant blown irrigation head that then showers your dusty car turning into utter carnage. And no, I cannot deal with the layer of dust on the car it :triggered: me.
With wfh and actually garaging cars they only need a wash once every 2-3 months depending on the bug situations. I’m very anal about outside parking and I can’t stand it
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Parking inside is easy when you only have one car.

:micdrop:

I kid
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:28 pm Parking inside is easy when you only have one car.

I kid
:amazing: and spot on !
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:28 pm Parking inside is easy when you only have one car.

I kid
Guys all of my vehicles are parked inside. Unfortunately, I have to go to work. From April 1 to June 15 especially (worst wind events) , even in carport parking, the dust is inevitable. Some times during those months the fine dust will get pushed through any crack in the garage and leave some kind of residue. It is what it is. Yo soy Lawrence of Arabia.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:37 pm

I kid
Guys all of my vehicles are parked inside. Unfortunately, I have to go to work. From April 1 to June 15 especially (worst wind events) , even in carport parking, the dust is inevitable. Some times during those months the fine dust will get pushed through any crack in the garage and leave some kind of residue. It is what it is. Yo soy Lawrence of Arabia.
Desertbreh indeed
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I park in a gravel parking lot at work, and drywall dust in the garage. Clean cars aren't a thing for more than a few hours. I've grown to REALLY appreciate silver cars now.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

I keep seeing the Ford Maverick around and think THERE is a vehicle I could wash a few times a year, NFG.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

I do detail the interior myself pretty regularly. For the outside I have a monthly membershit at my local tunnel wash and that’s good enough :lolol:

I’m not sure if I ever want to get a car again that I care enough about to hand wash. I think I’ll just get PPF for the BRZ as I hope to keep that around a while but would like to keep doing the drive through wash thing.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:01 pm I keep seeing the Ford Maverick around and think THERE is a vehicle I could wash a few times a year, NFG.
A FWD hybrid for $20-25k seems like an epic :aintcare: DD. Do want.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Fuck no. I washed it for the first time this year a couple weeks ago and it started to rain before I had a chance to wax it. :rage: :ohwell: :aintcare:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

I kid
:iswydt:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Haven’t updated in a while.

Turned the kid seat around so he’s front facing now. He can’t kick the seat back yet so that’s nice. Lots of leg room in the back. The seat doesn’t look too fucked / imprinted by the car seat, my magic pink towel under the car seat did the trick apparently.

The 3D floor mats are alright. Easy to clean. So that’s nice. They haven’t fallen apart or worn through yet.

The interior is not holding up well, let’s all act surprised here. The cup holder area is super scuffed up. The shiny plastic is all scratched despite my efforts to keep it clean with microfiber towels. Some rattles creeping in here and there. Light grey seats have not stained tho.

Sitting at 39 mpg average lifetime, but that has two summers and one winter on it. Cold weather will likely wreck it again. I’ve had a few drives that pegged the meter over max at 60+ mpg and plenty of short trips at 20 mpg. So who knows.

It also has a problem with a front strut or bearing that is squeaking and grinding. I’ll have to get that fixed eventually. That’s about all that’s actually broken with it so far. It does have a lot of weird electronic issues, like the wipers not staying at a set interval, the CarPlay screen degradation glitch, the power lift gate that doesn’t always respond, etc. tech is pathetic here.

On the plus side it’s nice to be able to drive up the sidewalk to get around random jersey barriers in the middle of the road. So that’s good. Still rides alright.
Desertbreh
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:28 pm Haven’t updated in a while.

Turned the kid seat around so he’s front facing now. He can’t kick the seat back yet so that’s nice. Lots of leg room in the back. The seat doesn’t look too fucked / imprinted by the car seat, my magic pink towel under the car seat did the trick apparently.

The 3D floor mats are alright. Easy to clean. So that’s nice. They haven’t fallen apart or worn through yet.

The interior is not holding up well, let’s all act surprised here. The cup holder area is super scuffed up. The shiny plastic is all scratched despite my efforts to keep it clean with microfiber towels. Some rattles creeping in here and there. Light grey seats have not stained tho.

Sitting at 39 mpg average lifetime, but that has two summers and one winter on it. Cold weather will likely wreck it again. I’ve had a few drives that pegged the meter over max at 60+ mpg and plenty of short trips at 20 mpg. So who knows.

It also has a problem with a front strut or bearing that is squeaking and grinding. I’ll have to get that fixed eventually. That’s about all that’s actually broken with it so far. It does have a lot of weird electronic issues, like the wipers not staying at a set interval, the CarPlay screen degradation glitch, the power lift gate that doesn’t always respond, etc. tech is pathetic here.

On the plus side it’s nice to be able to drive up the sidewalk to get around random jersey barriers in the middle of the road. So that’s good. Still rides alright.
:mahman:
max225

As much as you bitch about this being a "bad" hybrid it sure gets decent mpg... 39 avg is excellent for a giant box. The bmw I just drove gets about 22-28 in "hybrid" mode. Granted it has balls.
Last edited by max225 on Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:04 pm

As much as you bitch about this being a "bad" EV it sure gets decent mpg... 39 avg is excellent for a giant box. The bmw I just drove gets about 22-28 in "hybrid" mode. Granted it has balls.
It goes way down in winter. This is weighted in its favor right now because it’s got 2 summers and one winter of use. I also drive it like a cuck. So there’s that. I’m actually very much trying to get good mileage.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:10 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:04 pm

As much as you bitch about this being a "bad" EV it sure gets decent mpg... 39 avg is excellent for a giant box. The bmw I just drove gets about 22-28 in "hybrid" mode. Granted it has balls.
It goes way down in winter. This is weighted in its favor right now because it’s got 2 summers and one winter of use. I also drive it like a cuck. So there’s that. I’m actually very much trying to get good mileage.
Fair I am just pointing out that 39mpg is pretty frigging excellent no matter how many winters you have in there. If you average 30 in the winter that seems excellent also. An EV is severely affected also. This thing seems to be doing a good job for ya.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:59 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:10 pm

Fair I am just pointing out that 39mpg is pretty frigging excellent no matter how many winters you have in there. If you average 30 in the winter that seems excellent also. An EV is severely affected also. This thing seems to be doing a good job for ya.
Not wrong. But drive it normally without trying to get good mileage and it will average 30 mpg, exactly the same as the non hybrid.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:01 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:59 pm

Not wrong. But drive it normally without trying to get good mileage and it will average 30 mpg, exactly the same as the non hybrid.
Possibly. I don't much Honda EV experience only the ubers/lyfts I have witnessed and they all seemed to have averaged about 30-50% than their gasoline counterparts. I am weird where I always stalk someones dash to see what sort of mileage they are getting.