OT 15: New Year, New Poo

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:23 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:22 pm https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47245877

So Amazon isn't going to build in NYC now. Because they're not giving them enough concessions and tax breaks I guess? Man.... fuck that company. No city should have to give the richest man in the world tax breaks. Bezos is worth $150bn last I checked.
Maybe they realized that NY has the highest taxes in the country? Even with breaks it's probably still :fullretard:

I really don't understand why anyone lives or does business in this state.
I have no desire to live in NYC. I don't even really like visiting that place.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:28 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:27 pm

I have no desire to live in NYC. I don't even really like visiting that place.
I do it maybe 1x every 2-3 years. It's a novelty but I don't go out of my way to do it.

I'd rather go into Philly.
:dat: philly is more chill in comparison, and DC is pretty much like NYC junior, much easier to find parking and very similar places to eat, very similar bars that's suitable for all international visitors, etc. NY is just... stressful to live imo. Besides I can always drive to NYC in 4 hours if I want to.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:01 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:55 am Storming pretty bad right now. We've temporarily lost power in weaker storms before at work. Maybe we'll get hit really hard and get sent home today :excited:
:moist: AF.
:yesth:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

So I did a :derp: move today.

I haven't ordered something off ecs until recently when I still had an office. So this time I ordered something, and little did I know was I actually shipped to my old office address (thank god my office building is one of those townhouse looking complexes), so I drove 15 miles to get it and turned out my old office suite is still empty, so just sat there :lol:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:51 pm So I did a :derp: move today.

I haven't ordered something off ecs until recently when I still had an office. So this time I ordered something, and little did I know was I actually shipped to my old office address (thank god my office building is one of those townhouse looking complexes), so I drove 15 miles to get it and turned out my old office suite is still empty, so just sat there :lol:
Yeah I had some stuff on Amazon's Subscribe and Save and forgot to change this month's shipment from Michelle's old address to our new one. Luckily her friend rented the place after she moved out, so getting the package was easy, but man I hate having to update all my addresses after moving.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Getting close to closing this bitch out
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

4zilch wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:36 pm Getting close to closing this bitch out
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:53 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:51 pm So I did a :derp: move today.

:derp:
Yup! Guilty as charged
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:42 pm
:lolol:
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
Desertbreh

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:49 am
4zilch wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:40 am

I like having a fenced in yard and a garage. For current life style situation (dogs, multiple cars, motorcycles, tools, trailer, etc, etc, etc) a house just makes sense. I prefer to live now than worry and hope I'm still able to do the things that make me happy down the road.
I mostly agree with that, but im not talking about now or even 5 years post grad.
I bought a house right out of college, still wet behind the ears. It would have served me well on multiple fronts to pump the brakes on the house thing right out of school. I was also 28 when i graduated college so i was already behind the 8 ball.

Look at olde :wastful: hes got from what i cant tell a couple hundred k saved because he pumped the brakes on the house thing...several times.
You made choices, you have to own them. You didn't just buy a house, you got married and decided to crotchfruit. John P. Flugerville did not, for better and for worse When the Jack Kerouac roadshow ends, it sounds like he is about to spend money like crazy on the same things you are. It is more productive to be forward thinking, e.g., how do you make more money, are you going to compound the crotchfruit situ or no, how do you be a good father so your cf turns out better than you did, and how do you keep your relationship strong so you don't suffer a 50% setback 10 years from now? These are your issues, not whether you lived your life like someone else. It's natural to feel this way in your current situation. You just have to power through it.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:21 pm

I mostly agree with that, but im not talking about now or even 5 years post grad.
I bought a house right out of college, still wet behind the ears. It would have served me well on multiple fronts to pump the brakes on the house thing right out of school. I was also 28 when i graduated college so i was already behind the 8 ball.

Look at olde :wastful: hes got from what i cant tell a couple hundred k saved because he pumped the brakes on the house thing...several times.
You made choices, you have to own them. You didn't just buy a house, you got married and decided to crotchfruit. John P. Flugerville did not, for better and for worse When the Jack Kerouac roadshow ends, it sounds like he is about to spend money like crazy on the same things you are. It is more productive to be forward thinking, e.g., how do you make more money, are you going to compound the crotchfruit situ or no, how do you be a good father so your cf turns out better than you did, and how do you keep your relationship strong so you don't suffer a 50% setback 10 years from now? These are your issues, not whether you lived your life like someone else. It's natural to feel this way in your current situation. You just have to power through it.
:bravo: There's a little bit for all of us in here.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

POTD
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

yea, good advice and all.
brain go brrrrrr
dubshow
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: All of them

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Should happen today.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:43 pm

yea, good advice and all.
Unless you have a silver spoon hanging out of your mouth, starting a family is a pretty massive hit, financially and time-wise. It does get better and easier.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Imagegasm: :truckyeah: :notwrong:Image
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:11 pm Imagegasm: :truckyeah: :notwrong:Image
brain go brrrrrr
wap

:ohdang:
:fancy: new Director of Global Procurement, who as far as we can tell has done nothing but be pedantic and travel WAAY too much for the 6 months he's been here, was just shit-canned. :nuke:
wap

troyguitar wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:11 pm Imagegasm: :truckyeah: :notwrong:Image
:bravo:
:lolgasm:
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

facts are facts :lol: #sorrynotsorry
The Caucasian race (also Caucasoid[1] or Europid)[2] is a grouping of human beings historically regarded as a biological taxon, which, depending on which of the historical race classifications used, have usually included some or all of the ancient and modern populations of Europe, Western Asia, Central Asia, South Asia, North Africa, and the Horn of Africa.[3]
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I remember when I took sociology, my teacher asked where caucasians come from. I let others guess on purpose, one latina said north of india :lol: and almost the whole class knows I'm from Turkey cause I participated related to questions/topics she asked. I confidently answered "northeast of Turkey where Georgia, Armenia are located by the Cascasus Mountains" simulaneously everyone looked at me like :amaze: :mindblown: some even look at me :rage: facial expression, then my teacher said "you're absolutely right, and you are actually caucasian" :lolgasm:

I also remember one of the students asked me "why are you white if you're turkish" :lol: :derp:
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:00 pm I remember when I took sociology, my teacher asked where caucasians come from. I let others guess on purpose, one latina said north of india :lol: and almost the whole class knows I'm from Turkey cause I participated related to questions/topics she asked. I confidently answered "northeast of Turkey where Georgia, Armenia are located by the Cascasus Mountains" simulaneously everyone looked at me like :amaze: :mindblown: some even look at me :rage: facial expression, then my teacher said "you're absolutely right, and you are actually caucasian" :lolgasm:

I also remember one of the students asked me "why are you white if you're turkish" :lol: :derp:
Funny how few people make the connection between Caucasian and the Caucasus mountain region. You definitely :mindblown: some students that day. :lol:
SAWCE

Another Jeep nap at lunch. I'll need to test out laying down in the back seat tomorrow or bringing a pillow or something, cause reclined in the front seats with nothing isn't quite cutting it.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

brain go brrrrrr