OT 19: Masks On, Clothes Off, Right Hand Left Titty

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:04 pm I think I found the single downgrade involved in this move: Our internet service will be both slower and more expensive.

We had 1000 Mbps up and down via fiber optic shit for $65/mo.

Down here the best thing available is old school cable that's 1000 Mbps down but only 50 up and it costs more like $89/mo... guess there won't be any live streaming high-res music video stuff happening. :ohwell: hopefully actual live music in person will be back to normal soon.
I had no issues with 150mbps including 4k streaming :iono: 1k mbps is nuts. We just upgraded to 400... no issues with anything.
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: CHEESE

troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:04 pm I think I found the single downgrade involved in this move: Our internet service will be both slower and more expensive.

Down here the best thing available is old school cable that's 1000 Mbps down but only 50 up and it costs more like $89/mo... guess there won't be any live streaming high-res music video stuff happening. :ohwell: hopefully actual live music in person will be back to normal soon.
Congrats on the move! Yeah internet service in FL sucks. My only option in my apartment is Spectrum and I have to pay 50/mo (introductory!) for 200mbps down and 10 up :butwhy: . It's shit. I wish we had AT&T fiber available like at my old place.
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
RLWake
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: CHEESE

max225 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:11 pm

I had no issues with 150mbps including 4k streaming :iono: 1k mbps is nuts. We just upgraded to 400... no issues with anything.
Actually I agree 200mbps has been fine for me and Meg. They try to sell you on faster speeds like "oh you have a game console you NEED this speed."

Ain't foolin me. Speed and bandwidth are very different and I survived gaming on slower speeds for a long time :ohwell:
2010 Audi TT APR Stg1 (sold) >> 2012 BMW 335i FBO (sold) >> 2009 Miata zoom-zoom spec "Cheese" (sold) >> 2022 Hyundai Elantra N + 1999 Miata Maacover Project
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Hell, we just have 100 and I stream 4k UHD to the projector no problem.

I guess if the wife was doing the same thing at the same time in another room it might struggle, but we've never had that issue.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:23 pm

I guess if the wife was doing the same thing at the same time in another room it might struggle, but we've never had that issue.
:dat:

We were pigeon holed into upgrading (it was cheaper because we could get another year at introductory rates) a few months ago from 100 mbps down to 400 mbps and I can't tell a damn difference at any time.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Detroit wrote:
max225 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:11 pm I had no issues with 150mbps including 4k streaming :iono: 1k mbps is nuts. We just upgraded to 400... no issues with anything.

None of that has anything to do with upload speeds :doe:

Streaming video FROM me to the interwebs, i.e. for playing live music shows or teaching lessons, is what sucks on anything short of fiber.

200ish Mbps is fine for downloading.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:15 pm
Detroit wrote: Hell, we just have 100 and I stream 4k UHD to the projector no problem.

None of that has anything to do with upload speeds :doe:

Streaming video FROM me to the interwebs, i.e. for playing live music shows or teaching lessons, is what sucks on anything short of fiber.

200ish Mbps is fine for downloading.
That makes more sense. I read your first post as if you were wanting to watch live streamed music stuff, not that you were wanting to stream your own.
Irish
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '12 GIT (190K!)- 2011 Outie A5

Melon wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:14 amAnd goat curry.
Oh, fuck yeah! Goat is delicious.
SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:28 am I can’t do jerk flavor. Something in it just hits my pallet wrong.
Many people are put off by the allspice nutmeg and cinnamon in Jerk Seasoning..... it hits a very bitter note for some.....
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Irish wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:10 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:28 am I can’t do jerk flavor. Something in it just hits my pallet wrong.
Many people are put off by the allspice nutmeg and cinnamon in Jerk Seasoning..... it hits a very bitter note for some.....
Allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon are all common spices in Greek cooking. I'd probably like Jerk stuff.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Irish

wap wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:13 pm

Allspice, nutmeg, and cinnamon are all common spices in Greek cooking. I'd probably like Jerk stuff.
Boneless Chicken Thighs with jerk seasoning either in sous vide or in the oven and then finished on the grill basted with jerk sauce are the bomb...
troyguitar

Irish wrote:
Oh man, no wonder I love the jerk stuff. I use a boatload of those 3 spices in my apple pie and egg nog. I never thought of using them in a more savory recipe, apparently it works great.
Irish

troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:21 pm
Irish wrote:

Oh man, no wonder I love the jerk stuff. I use a boatload of those 3 spices in my apple pie and egg nog. I never thought of using them in a more savory recipe, apparently it works great.
its really good in meatballs too..... swedish meatballs call for nutmeg and allspice (and allspice has a cinnamon note in it).....
wap

Irish wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:19 pm

Boneless Chicken Thighs with jerk seasoning either in sous vide or in the oven and then finished on the grill basted with jerk sauce are the bomb...
:notbad:
wap

troyguitar wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:21 pm
Irish wrote:

Those are all used in a :drool: Greek pasta :sawce: that is sort of like a Greek Bolobnese. It's :muah:
SAWCE

Not sure if cumin is in jerk seasoning, but I always thought that’s what I didn’t like about it. That’s a very strong flavor to me and not one I care for. Any time a recipe calls for it I cut it in half.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

It has to be balanced right, that's true.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
4zilch
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Ford Party ST

Melon wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:30 am

It has to be balanced right, that's true.
I have a 5/7 jerk chicken recipe. Usually pleasantly spicy, but occasionally painful.
As the only published author in a well-known motorcycle publication in the room...
SAWCE

SAWCE wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:27 pm

Not sure if cumin is in jerk seasoning, but I always thought that’s what I didn’t like about it. That’s a very strong flavor to me and not one I care for. Any time a recipe calls for it I cut it in half.
Looked it up, cumin is in jerk seasoning, so I think that’s what it is that kills it for me.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:drool:

Chicken thighs are so underrated.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:48 am

:drool:

They really are, and I'm not sure why.

TJ's has pre-marinated shawarma chicken thighs that are outstanding. We're actually cooking them up tonight with some TJ's naan bread. :drool:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
D Griff wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:48 am :drool:

They really are, and I'm not sure why.

TJ's has pre-marinated shawarma chicken thighs that are outstanding. We're actually cooking them up tonight with some TJ's naan bread. :drool:
I grab the aldi frozen ones and throw them in the slow cooker with a jar of their tikka masala sauce all day. Add garlic naan and rice for a 5/7 meal for 1/7 effort.
ChrisoftheNorth

troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:42 am
Detroit wrote: They really are, and I'm not sure why.

I grab the aldi frozen ones and throw them in the slow cooker with a jar of their tikka masala sauce all day. Add garlic naan and rice for a 5/7 meal for 1/7 effort.
Haha, we've done that exact meal a number of times! We just don't have a slow cooker, so we do them on the stove on low in the dutch oven. Similar result I'm sure, really a 5/7 minimal effort dinner.
troyguitar

Detroit wrote:
troyguitar wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:42 am I grab the aldi frozen ones and throw them in the slow cooker with a jar of their tikka masala sauce all day. Add garlic naan and rice for a 5/7 meal for 1/7 effort.
Haha, we've done that exact meal a number of times! We just don't have a slow cooker, so we do them on the stove on low in the dutch oven. Similar result I'm sure, really a 5/7 minimal effort dinner.
Yeah that's the same thing. I might switch to that too now that we have a really tiny kitchen. The slow cooker is an extra appliance that takes up too much space.

Assuming we continue to love the area, we'll likely end up blowing a car's worth of cash on a full kitchen remodel.
SAWCE

Love chicken thighs. More fat than I can usually have though. If I’m going higher fat like that I rather do beef since it’s a little more nutrient dense and has a better amino acid profile for building ze :massles:
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Bernie Madoff died in prison yesterday.