Lets talk about Tesla.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

maxtdi wrote:For some odd reason professional football players keep not using seat belts, crashing and being ejected out of their cars ruining their careers.

I could never understand that... I mean the chime and warning light alone would make it annoying enough for me to do.
Any modern car with annoy you to death driving if you don't have your belt on. At least, both the 1SMP and Volt do.

Hell, if someone is in the back seat and doesn't have their belt on, both vehicles freak out.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote:
Johnny_P wrote:I've actually gotten to the point that if I see Mr. McSlammybrakes behind me riding my ass and nose diving hard I pull over and let him pass. Let him rear end someone else.
Yep been there for years. I let tailgaters and overly aggressive drivers pass me.

To the infuriation of my passengers usually.

Ppl are so strange sometimes when it comes to driving.
:dat:

A few weeks back, I was driving home from work and this dude was RIGHT on my bumper. We were coming to a spot on the highway that has a blind corner notorious for backups, so I got over and let him fly by. He disappears around the corner, and when I get to the corner, there he was hood crunched into a Caravan. I gave him a thumbs-up as I drove by slowly and he made a :rage: face at me.
:hue:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote:
maxtdi wrote:For some odd reason professional football players keep not using seat belts, crashing and being ejected out of their cars ruining their careers.

I could never understand that... I mean the chime and warning light alone would make it annoying enough for me to do.
Any modern car with annoy you to death driving if you don't have your belt on. At least, both the 1SMP and Volt do.

Hell, if someone is in the back seat and doesn't have their belt on, both vehicles freak out.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/ ... /93994764/

2011 Cadillac CTS doe this guy :disgust:
ChrisoftheNorth

maxtdi wrote:
Detroit wrote: Any modern car with annoy you to death driving if you don't have your belt on. At least, both the 1SMP and Volt do.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/ ... /93994764/

2011 Cadillac CTS doe this guy :disgust:
With GM, I know it's a more modern thing...like after the ignition switch stuff in 2013.
max225

Detroit wrote:
maxtdi wrote:
Yep been there for years. I let tailgaters and overly aggressive drivers pass me.

A few weeks back, I was driving home from work and this dude was RIGHT on my bumper. We were coming to a spot on the highway that has a blind corner notorious for backups, so I got over and let him fly by. He disappears around the corner, and when I get to the corner, there he was hood crunched into a Caravan. I gave him a thumbs-up as I drove by slowly and he made a :rage: face at me.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote:
maxtdi wrote:

:hue: Karma.
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote:
Detroit wrote: :dat:

:hue: Karma.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote:
maxtdi wrote:

:facepalm:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Fucking jock morons. :wtf:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Detroit wrote:
maxtdi wrote:

:fuckyeah:
Sucks for the Caravan :doe: :(
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

This happens quite a lot here now. Unless you are tailgating the person in front of you the person behind you is going to try and get in front of you. Its fucking of control here. 95% of the time it doesn't bother me. But when its like 10 people doing it together trying to get to the bukake fest and I miss the green light? C'mon. Stop lights are now stop signs and stop signs are yields... if that. Yellow light just turned red? Its better to wait like 4 seconds and look like you're texting than to be T-boned. They've fucked the freeways and are doing construction on every major street. People are tired of it and result to dangerous chance taking.
Just the other day I was going 53mph in a 35 and some asshole in a challenger passes me on the wrong side of the road. He was lucky I wasn't paying attention or I woulda dropped it in third and given him a mopar on mopar ass whooping. gtfo out of here with your 4200 pound boat.
ChrisoftheNorth

NeonJonny wrote:This happens quite a lot here now. Unless you are tailgating the person in front of you the person behind you is going to try and get in front of you. Its fucking of control here. 95% of the time it doesn't bother me. But when its like 10 people doing it together trying to get to the bukake fest and I miss the green light? C'mon. Stop lights are now stop signs and stop signs are yields... if that. Yellow light just turned red? Its better to wait like 4 seconds and look like you're texting than to be T-boned. They've fucked the freeways and are doing construction on every major street. People are tired of it and result to dangerous chance taking.
Just the other day I was going 53mph in a 35 and some asshole in a challenger passes me on the wrong side of the road. He was lucky I wasn't paying attention or I woulda dropped it in third and given him a mopar on mopar ass whooping. gtfo out of here with your 4200 pound boat.
Oh yea, this has been the norm in SoCal for a while. I remember when I was a journalist...trying out cars with adaptive cruise. These were early systems, and the set following distances were never close enough, always leaving enough room for someone to cut you off. It happened every time, and the car would freak out and slam on the brakes almost causing a rear-end situation. Pretty dangerous, really. I remember writing post about how worthless adaptive cruise control is for this purpose alone.

And this was 8 years ago. I can't imagine what it's like now.
max225

This video is simply insane. I am blown away. Those saying self driving cars are 10 years away blah blah ... the future is now.

https://www.tesla.com/videos/autopilot- ... irect%3Dno
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

maxtdi wrote:This video is simply insane. I am blown away. Those saying self driving cars are 10 years away blah blah ... the future is now.

I have no doubt it will be a tech that is common on the luxo brands in a decade, even if its not full on automotos driving.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
maxtdi wrote:This video is simply insane. I am blown away. Those saying self driving cars are 10 years away blah blah ... the future is now.

I have no doubt it will be a tech that is common on the luxo brands in a decade, even if its not full on automotos driving.

It won't be mainsteam for a long time. It'll be common in ridesharing fleets WAY before it's mainstream.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

It won't be mainsteam for a long time. It'll be common in ridesharing fleets WAY before it's mainstream.
:nope:

as soon as its viable long haul trucking will be the first adopters.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Detroit wrote: :dat:

There's autonomous Bolts driving for Lyft in SF starting any minute now.
ChrisoftheNorth

Imagine cutting the cost of ride sharing by more than half...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

There's autonomous Bolts driving for Lyft in SF starting any minute now.
small segment of economy, the big ROI is trucking.

I bet most americans will see their first automosts truck before they see an automons 'taxi' or the like
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Detroit wrote: There's autonomous Bolts driving for Lyft in SF starting any minute now.

I bet most americans will see their first automosts truck before they see an automons 'taxi' or the like
It'll be close. I've heard nothing about autonomous trucking.
ChrisoftheNorth

But I don't disagree with your assessment.
max225

Detroit wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote:

It'll be close. I've heard nothing about autonomous trucking.
There is a lot of talk about that actually, tons of companies working on it...

http://fortune.com/2016/10/25/uber-anhe ... -delivery/

Including the big ones...

Uber bought Otto...
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

They also either blast their music, or they buckle it behind the back of their seat. I know in Turkey, cab drives buy seatbelt buckles just to put it in, and won't warning won't annoy the shit out of them...
Johnny_P wrote:
maxtdi wrote:
Yes they are... people shouldn't not be driving.
I almost get run over daily walking the dog. From lazy fucks not stopping at stop signs and rolling through intersections.

Actually had one bitch yell at me that it's my fault for her almost running me over because she's driving a car and I should watch out.

People like this should lose their licenses.
I had that happen once in DC, one fatass bitch (presumably trump supporter) driving an 04ish Altima. She tried to scare me off, slamming on the brakes, telling me to get the fuck out of they way. I told her I won't and told her are you gonna do something about it? I was angrily trolling her, cause I was really mad at that point and wanted to kick her headlights, but then i'd go to prison lol.
Detroit wrote:
NeonJonny wrote:This happens quite a lot here now. Unless you are tailgating the person in front of you the person behind you is going to try and get in front of you. Its fucking of control here. 95% of the time it doesn't bother me. But when its like 10 people doing it together trying to get to the bukake fest and I miss the green light? C'mon. Stop lights are now stop signs and stop signs are yields... if that. Yellow light just turned red? Its better to wait like 4 seconds and look like you're texting than to be T-boned. They've fucked the freeways and are doing construction on every major street. People are tired of it and result to dangerous chance taking.
Oh yea, this has been the norm in SoCal for a while. I remember when I was a journalist...trying out cars with adaptive cruise. These were early systems, and the set following distances were never close enough, always leaving enough room for someone to cut you off. It happened every time, and the car would freak out and slam on the brakes almost causing a rear-end situation. Pretty dangerous, really. I remember writing post about how worthless adaptive cruise control is for this purpose alone.

And this was 8 years ago. I can't imagine what it's like now.
I once used it on my dad's 2016 explorer, the closest i set on highway I believe was a Chevy Suburban. It doesn't freakout when a car in front of me brakes moderately. However, say if I don't pay attention and if i'm about to hit a car in front of me, it'll beep the freak out, but won't brake. It'll simply warn you, but not sure if i braked before the system brakes for me.

This is also one of the reasons why i don't like about technology, it's about other drivers cutting you off, blah blah blah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
NeonJonny
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: XR600R, C5Z, BWS3 SRT4

Normal cruise control pisses people off . When people speed up going down the hill and youve stayed the same speed=OMG WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS GUY?
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Tesla effect on overall gasoline consumption - http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... but-peaked