Car Talk 2: Un-American Motor Company.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:53 pm
Davestr wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:26 pm https://jalopnik.com/fourth-class-actio ... 1823190855

Fourth Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Corvette Z06s Going Into Limp Mode On Track :flaccid: :flaccid: :flaccid: :)
These are stupid lawsuits. What is the individual owner's damages? Damaged ego?
Just accept that Chebby didn't cool these things properly, buy the LG kit, and move on.
Scorched ego = how dare my depreciating pushrod God not do exactly what was advertised LOL. How did Chevy not see the issue before full production though.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Johnny_P wrote:Image

:wub: the new V60.

Config is live too. https://www.volvocars.com/us/build/crossover-wagon/v60
:notbad:

Sent from the Beer Depository
:therapist:
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Don't do drugs, kids.

Here's a fine specimen of automotive enthusiasts. Factory leaves so much on the table, brahs. MK7 R, Unitronic Stage 2 tune, fucking Unitronic leaves power on the table too they're morans, piggybacks a Hamburger JB4, fucks with the JB4 to provide MOAR BOOST. WHOOPS WENT TOO FAR. 12k miles on the car by the way.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.p ... ic-Stage-2

Isn't something supposed to be in there?

:lolgasm: shaft split in half and puked the turbine into the catalytic converter :impressive:

So what does dudebrah do?
GOFUNDME! Get the internet to buy him a turbro.
pdate, I got the turbo out finally, the housing isn’t damaged and could be rebuilt according to Gpopshop. Attached are photos of turbo.

Also, here is my go fund me if you want to help out. This really could not happen at a worse time for me.
:wtf: :millennial:
Calvinball

Johnny_P wrote:Don't do drugs, kids.

Here's a fine specimen of automotive enthusiasts. Factory leaves so much on the table, brahs. MK7 R, Unitronic Stage 2 tune, fucking Unitronic leaves power on the table too they're morans, piggybacks a Hamburger JB4, fucks with the JB4 to provide MOAR BOOST. WHOOPS WENT TOO FAR. 12k miles on the car by the way.

:lolgasm: shaft split in half and puked the turbine into the catalytic converter :impressive:

pdate, I got the turbo out finally, the housing isn’t damaged and could be rebuilt according to Gpopshop. Attached are photos of turbo.

Also, here is my go fund me if you want to help out. This really could not happen at a worse time for me.
And somehow there is $60 in there. I think whoever actually donated is even worse.

Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Calvinball wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:18 pmAnd somehow there is $60 in there. I think whoever actually donated is even worse.

:lolol: I didn't see that!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:15 pm Don't do drugs, kids.

Ho lee fuk. That's beyond :fullretard:

Agreed with Max. Whoever "gave" him $60 is worse.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Johnny_P wrote:Image

:wub: the new V60.

Config is live too. https://www.volvocars.com/us/build/crossover-wagon/v60
Two things after seeing this at the car show this week:

1.) These cars are JUUUGE. Like Escalade length from a quick glance

2.) Not in love with a motor that employs both a SC and a Turbro. Seems :fullretard: in that way
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

wow, vortex derps are still derpy.
brain go brrrrrr
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:34 pm Don't forget that short commutes accelerate carbon buildup. I had a 6 mile commute each way for 3 years and my Mk6 started misfiring at 50k.
Yup which is what has me :doomed:

I’m gonna drive da bitch tonight since I’m going to get some groceries.

Gonna try to put about 10 miles on her today, all higher revs and whatnot.
I like the cheap lease thing... maybe just pay the 2k or whatever for overcharges and pick up a 200/mth lease (Jetta maybe or a deal from Chevy/Mazda/Hyundai)?
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:34 pm wow, vortex derps are still derpy.
And DFD is always wrong. Some things never change.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:38 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:34 pm wow, vortex derps are still derpy.
And DFD is always wrong. Some things never change.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:44 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:38 pm And DFD is always wrong. Some things never change.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Totally fine. So you’re saying an extra 120 wheel hp out of an engine designed to produce 200. Is going to blow shit up ?!

:mindblown:

23k gti + tune > better than a golf R duh everyone knows this. Buying an R is stupid
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:51 pm

Totally fine. So you’re saying an extra 120 wheel hp out of an engine designed to produce 200. Is going to blow shit up ?!

23k gti + tune > better than a golf R duh everyone knows this. Buying an R is stupid
It's those damned moran OEM engineers. They couldn't engineer their way out of a paperbag. Stock HP is so weak.
Calvinball

Detroit wrote:

Ho lee fuk. That's beyond :fullretard:

Agreed with Max. Whoever "gave" him $60 is worse.
First I was Trudy, now I’m max. Today I am a chameleon.

razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Tarspin wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:35 pm
razr390 wrote:
Yup which is what has me :doomed:

I’m gonna drive da bitch tonight since I’m going to get some groceries.

Gonna try to put about 10 miles on her today, all higher revs and whatnot.
I like the cheap lease thing... maybe just pay the 2k or whatever for overcharges and pick up a 200/mth lease (Jetta maybe or a deal from Chevy/Mazda/Hyundai)?
I could 5/7 do a new Elantra
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Detroit wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:52 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:51 pm

It's those damned moran OEM engineers. They couldn't engineer their way out of a paperbag. Stock HP is so weak.
:dat:
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:35 pm I like the cheap lease thing... maybe just pay the 2k or whatever for overcharges and pick up a 200/mth lease (Jetta maybe or a deal from Chevy/Mazda/Hyundai)?
I could 5/7 do a new Elantra
That's a good looking car with some :fuckyeah: blue. It won't have the plush dash but the features match cars twice as pricey, why not derp around for virtually free.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
max225 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:51 pm Totally fine. So you’re saying an extra 120 wheel hp out of an engine designed to produce 200. Is going to blow shit up ?!

The entire top end on the R is updated along with the turbo. It's :impressive: to see what the OEM did for 70 horses. :wasteful: morans, they could've just taken some notes from the APR tuners and bumped up the boost.
max225

Tarspin wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:42 pm
Detroit wrote:It's those damned moran OEM engineers. They couldn't engineer their way out of a paperbag. Stock HP is so weak.
The entire top end on the R is updated along with the turbo. It's :impressive: to see what the OEM did for 70 horses. :wasteful: morans, they could've just taken some notes from the APR tuners and bumped up the boost.
Apr is an amazing company that reliably gets 50% hp over stock for only $599 they have found the holy grail the oems only dream of
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Speaking of :wasteful: this superchared 6.2 LT4 (or whatever acronym Ellis has now), 640hp sedan and recarbro seats in matching leather. The want is strong and is the one car that stands out in my mind from the car show. Cadillac is doing it right IMO.

Jeep/Dodge, VW/Audi, Jag also have great designers. As per our resident numbers guy always says, "It's a great time to be a car guy".... with deep pockets doe.ImageImageImageImageImage
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:42 pm The entire top end on the R is updated along with the turbo. It's :impressive: to see what the OEM did for 70 horses. :wasteful: morans, they could've just taken some notes from the APR tuners and bumped up the boost.
Apr is an amazing company that reliably gets 50% hp over stock for only $599 they have found the holy grail the oems only dream of
I should have them boost mine to 400 hp, yolo
max225

Tarspin wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:56 pm
max225 wrote:
I should have them boost mine to 400 hp, yolo
Yep. Then get the plate #gtrslayer
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:56 pm I should have them boost mine to 400 hp, yolo
Yep. Then get the plate #gtrslayer
I had this sticker pinned on my gaycarfan.com site actually Image
max225

Costco's auto program sold more than 520,000 cars in 2017. The budget retailer grew car sales by 6% in a year when the industry's sales slumped. Costco's biggest advantage over competitors is that it has fixed prices, meaning customers don't have to bargain when making their car purchase. Costco's car business is thriving thanks to a perk that sets it apart from the competition. On Tuesday, Costco announced that its auto program sold more than 520,000 vehicles in 2017.
Wow that's insane... Costco sold 1/2 million cars because ppl hate the :dillerman: that much.... at which point will that industry wake up and change the way they do business... i guess never... not until pods make em obsolete.

There are absolutely 0 reasons for Costco to be selling 1 vehicle.