:plac: Finds: Show us your automotive goldmines

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Johnny_P wrote:
Apex wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:55 pm You could beat on this thing all day long with that little supercharged motor and not have to worry about going directly to jail.
Right, it's on par or slower than the Nissan Micra I rented in Ireland, which I enjoyed driving for the most part. If you have tight twisty roads and few wide open motorways it would be fun to toss around.
With the supercharger it is similar in power, weight, size, etc. to an FRZ or RX8 - also similar to E30 M3.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:54 pm
troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:35 pm Too much money but a neat car:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... ode1=318TI

I didn't even know these existed. '95 318ti Club Sport with optional LSD and M3-esque body kit. This one has the aftermarket supercharger which is unobtainium anymore, should be around 27xx lbs and 200 hp. Probably better off in every way to get an FRZ or RX8.
That car looks like fun!

My very first car was a '93 318is with the M3 bodykit.
:megusta:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

troyguitar wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:35 pm Too much money but a neat car:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... ode1=318TI

I didn't even know these existed. '95 318ti Club Sport with optional LSD and M3-esque body kit. This one has the aftermarket supercharger which is unobtainium anymore, should be around 27xx lbs and 200 hp. Probably better off in every way to get an FRZ or RX8.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:58 pm
Apex wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:55 pm

You could beat on this thing all day long with that little supercharged motor and not have to worry about going directly to jail.
Right, it's on par or slower than the Nissan Micra I rented in Ireland, which I enjoyed driving for the most part. If you have tight twisty roads and few wide open motorways it would be fun to toss around.
same with the hyundai rental too, I did manage to make 160 km's once on the highway and it took a while. Whereas on my mk7, it's easy, with DSG that is.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

2500 dollar turbo miata. 92, has rollbar, looks like a greddy kit, owner is a derp.

Thoughts people.
brain go brrrrrr
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Chevy SS's are on fire sale again. 20% off MSRP.

http://www.criswellchevroletofthurmont. ... ion=Manual

$40k for what is essentially a brand new E39 M5 is :notbad:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:10 am

2500 dollar turbo miata. 92, has rollbar, looks like a greddy kit, owner is a derp.

Thoughts people.
in4links/pics? Sounds like a good deal if you're willing to put in some leg work. Given the :baby: on the way, a less modified MR2 might be a safer choice requiring less of your time to keep operational.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:27 am

Thoughts people.
in4links/pics? Sounds like a good deal if you're willing to put in some leg work. Given the :baby: on the way, a less modified MR2 might be a safer choice requiring less of your time to keep operational.
there is alink but the embedding is fooked

I have decided to wait till next year. It's the smart move.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:27 am

Thoughts people.
I also decided that I want simple. Time is a premium. I also want competitive in autox & cost effective. that means a 'stock' Street class car.
brain go brrrrrr
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Holy low miles, plus the track package with forged Rays and Brembros? Might actually be worth the $15k.

https://www.hellokahlo.com/inventory/us ... e33t016703
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:27 am Holy low miles, plus the track package with forged Rays and Brembros? Might actually be worth the $15k.

Hm. A 370z is only a few grand more but will have been farted in. :iono: As long as it doesn't have pepboys mods I'd trust these cars with higher miles on the used market. Not bad doe. Most 350z's are pretty ragged out by now, and even ones that were taken care of look like they were inhabited by feral cats due to how easily the dashboard and trim pieces scratch up.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:48 am
coogles wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:27 am Holy low miles, plus the track package with forged Rays and Brembros? Might actually be worth the $15k.

Hm. A 370z is only a few grand more but will have been farted in. :iono: As long as it doesn't have pepboys mods I'd trust these cars with higher miles on the used market. Not bad doe. Most 350z's are pretty ragged out by now, and even ones that were taken care of look like they were inhabited by feral cats due to how easily the dashboard and trim pieces scratch up.
If my car were to be totaled or something I'd strongly consider a 370Z, a 2-3 year old one can be had for around $20k, that's the route I'd go over this 350, but it seems a :notbad: deal for someone who prefers the looks of the older car.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

9 Years older than the one I had for 60% of what mine was
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

2013 with only 12k miles for $22k -

47% more monies, but the extra $7k would probably be worth it. :iono:

https://www.edmartinnissanoffishers.com ... rs-Indiana
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

coogles wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:45 am 2013 with only 12k miles for $22k -

Thats a nice car for the money. Very nice. Worth 22. Id offer 20 and see what they say.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Davestr wrote:

Thats a nice car for the money. Very nice. Worth 22. Id offer 20 and see what they say.
They are a fantastic value on the lightly used market. That or Corvette are the most used sports car for the dollar in my opinion. I've thought about it a bit but :scrooge:

It's time to test drive one though.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

if it does have the HR motor yes, but it has the DE, which doesn't make it that fast.
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

D Griff wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:54 pm
Davestr wrote:
They are a fantastic value on the lightly used market. That or Corvette are the most used sports car for the dollar in my opinion. I've thought about it a bit but :scrooge:

It's time to test drive one though.
GO test it. See what you think. Fun to experience something that you have not driven....
Johnny_P

The issue is resale. When you go to re sell that 350Z in 2 years it's going to be worth $4 grand on a trade because old af and the actual market value of a :unicorn: used vehicle in pristine condition and barely driven gets impossibly hard to predict.

Resale on the 370Z will be more predictable. Additionally the 370Z's wear a TON better as the miles pile on. Their interiors are far more durable.
max225

My 370z would have lost exactly 0 doll hairs since I last sold it... but I :plac: 'ed my way out of it...

However... that money did make me 10k in the same time frame... so I guess it was a wash.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:17 pm The issue is resale. When you go to re sell that 350Z in 2 years it's going to be worth $4 grand on a trade because old af and the actual market value of a :unicorn: used vehicle in pristine condition and barely driven gets impossibly hard to predict.

Resale on the 370Z will be more predictable. Additionally the 370Z's wear a TON better as the miles pile on. Their interiors are far more durable.
I dunno man, reasonably clean 350s (even non-HR) seem to be getting 8-9k on craigslist. I bet you could buy this, keep it for 3 years and put 3-4k on it a year, and sell it for 10-11k without any trouble.
Johnny_P

coogles wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:58 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:17 pm The issue is resale. When you go to re sell that 350Z in 2 years it's going to be worth $4 grand on a trade because old af and the actual market value of a :unicorn: used vehicle in pristine condition and barely driven gets impossibly hard to predict.

I dunno man, reasonably clean 350s (even non-HR) seem to be getting 8-9k on craigslist. I bet you could buy this, keep it for 3 years and put 3-4k on it a year, and sell it for 10-11k without any trouble.
Sell it private party, sure. Then you're dealing with Manuel and Javier and Billy and his dad wanting to test drive your car without knowing how to drive stick, offering you $2k under asking, and asking about payment plans.

I do love the car though. If you're keeping it for a while it's worth buying. If it's a quick 1-2 year hit then I think there are better options, personally. I actually think a 370Z keeps your costs similar or lower in that short term case.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

If i were in the market for offroad excitement i would look no further the this:

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Toyota/Tacom ... 3&showVs=1

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
max225

Tarspin wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:33 am If i were in the market for offroad excitement i would look no further the this:

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Toyota/Tacom ... 3&showVs=1

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Why is it the same price as a 2010 Mazda ranger truk
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:ohdang: that's $12k US.

That Taco would be about twice that here. My buddy recently got a 2014 unit, basically identical but stock and :manuel: and it was very close to $30k.