Gberg's GoRf Thread

Strut your greasy stuff!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

GoRf is finished in paint and has moved to re-assembly. No pics as the guy in charge of my car isn't there today but I'll ask for some monday.

I assume it will be in VW's hands sometime next week.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:22 pm GoRf is finished in paint and has moved to re-assembly. No pics as the guy in charge of my car isn't there today but I'll ask for some monday.

And we all know how expedient VW is with repairs :rolleyes:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:22 pm GoRf is finished in paint and has moved to re-assembly. No pics as the guy in charge of my car isn't there today but I'll ask for some monday.

My :dillerman: usually doesn't take too long with repairs and if it needs parts they're usually sent overnight. I don't see how my car won't need a new lower control arm. Who knows what they'll find when they review it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:57 pm
Johnny_P wrote:
My :dillerman: usually doesn't take too long with repairs and if it needs parts they're usually sent overnight. I don't see how my car won't need a new lower control arm. Who knows what they'll find when they review it.

That should all be really easy to replace and basically ready to go. But yeah I wouldn't be surprised at control arms, shock, and axle needing replacement.

Getting close!
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

What does VW have to do :doe: ? Wheel is damaged?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote:

VW is going to inspect the suspension as well as the rear drivetrain and make the repairs if necessary. They're also doing the four wheel alignment. I assume they'll mount and balance the new wheel and tire too.

max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:36 pm
max225 wrote:
VW is going to inspect the suspension as well as the rear drivetrain and make the repairs if necessary. They're also doing the four wheel alignment. I assume they'll mount and balance the new wheel and tire too.

So another two weeks :(
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:38 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:36 pm

So another two weeks :(
Maybe. I'd guess VW should have it by Wednesday at the latest and hopefully they work on it right away. Cutting it close to when Tarspin is set to get his R. It's a race now!

Then it's diminished value claim after I get the car back.
Davestr
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

:like:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Got a call from the body shop this morning and he said they were waiting on a new strut to complete re-assembly. The strut should have showed up today. I don't see that on the supplemental so I'll double check with them tomorrow. Re-assembly should have been completed either today or early tomorrow as the car has an appointment with the VW dillership tomorrow afternoon. I'll be dealing with the service manager and not an advisor which is nice. He forgot to send pics as I didn't get any but I'll ask again tomorrow.

I hope to have the car back sometime this week! :carlton:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:57 pm Got a call from the body shop this morning and he said they were waiting on a new strut to complete re-assembly. The strut should have showed up today. I don't see that on the supplemental so I'll double check with them tomorrow. Re-assembly should have been completed either today or early tomorrow as the car has an appointment with the VW dillership tomorrow afternoon. I'll be dealing with the service manager and not an advisor which is nice. He forgot to send pics as I didn't get any but I'll ask again tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Gberg2119 wrote:Got a call from the body shop this morning and he said they were waiting on a new strut to complete re-assembly. The strut should have showed up today. I don't see that on the supplemental so I'll double check with them tomorrow. Re-assembly should have been completed either today or early tomorrow as the car has an appointment with the VW dillership tomorrow afternoon. I'll be dealing with the service manager and not an advisor which is nice. He forgot to send pics as I didn't get any but I'll ask again tomorrow.

:like:
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:57 pm Got a call from the body shop this morning and he said they were waiting on a new strut to complete re-assembly. The strut should have showed up today. I don't see that on the supplemental so I'll double check with them tomorrow. Re-assembly should have been completed either today or early tomorrow as the car has an appointment with the VW dillership tomorrow afternoon. I'll be dealing with the service manager and not an advisor which is nice. He forgot to send pics as I didn't get any but I'll ask again tomorrow.

:fuckyeah:

The shop will handle the supplemental stuff.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:07 am

:fuckyeah:

The shop will handle the supplemental stuff.
Yeah. They're doing another one after the car is all finished. The strut will be included in it along with whatever damage VW finds.

Car was dropped off this afternoon and they told cavallo it would be 2-3 days. I hope I can pick it up by friday.

Cavallos forgot to take pictures before he sent it to the dillership but he asures me it looks perfect.
Johnny_P

:fuckyeah: !!!!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Car completion has been pushed to next week. :disappoint:

VW is pretty much replacing the whole rear right suspension. New control arm, strut, and various bits and pieces. The suspension parts should arrive tomorrow afternoon with them working on it then and saturday.

I forgot to ask about the haldex :doe:. Not sure there's really any way to test without beating on it.
wap

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:57 pm Car completion has been pushed to next week. :disappoint:

VW is pretty much replacing the whole rear right suspension. New control arm, strut, and various bits and pieces. The suspension parts should arrive tomorrow afternoon with them working on it then and saturday.

I forgot to ask about the haldex :doe:. Not sure there's really any way to test without beating on it.
Well, at least you'll have the peace of mind of all those new parts.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:57 pm Car completion has been pushed to next week. :disappoint:

On the plus side, you get to rock that Equinox for a few more days :jimp:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

The sloths are making up ground!
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:06 pm

It's been an absolute joy to drive. :rolleyes:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:28 pm The sloths are making up ground!
It's gonna be close!
wap

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:00 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:06 pm

It's been an absolute joy to drive. :rolleyes:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:28 pm The sloths are making up ground!
It's gonna be close!
:yeahok:

Which did you prefer, the Soulless or the Shitquinox?
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote:
Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:00 pm It's been an absolute joy to drive. :rolleyes:
It's gonna be close!

Hmmm. Both are slugs but probably the Soulless due to its smaller size.

The Shitquinox is classic GM. Hard plastic everywhere so it's definitely not for dash strokers. The driver seat rubs the center console so it squeaks like crazy over bumps and turns. The steering wheel also rubs the steering column if you put enough lock in.
wap

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:04 pm
wap wrote:

The Shitquinox is classic GM. Hard plastic everywhere so it's definitely not for dash strokers. The driver seat rubs the center console so it squeaks like crazy over bumps and turns. The steering wheel also rubs the steering column if you put enough lock in.
:disappoint:
Johnny_P

wap wrote:

:wtf:
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:45 pm

:wtf:
Yes. I assume it's the lower rear plastic of the steering wheel rubbing the plastic of the steering column. Quality.

Listen to all that POWER in this 20-60 pull. I forgot to turn eco mode off though. It would probably unleash an additional 100hp.