Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/snw/5865547827.html

Dang, this one is already street legal.

And, it would be small enough for me to tuck into the back yard behind the garage with a cover/tarp.
:mindblown:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Detroit wrote:http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/snw/5865547827.html

Dang, this one is already street legal.

And, it would be small enough for me to tuck into the back yard behind the garage with a cover/tarp.
:ohdang: :amazing:
brain go brrrrrr
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit is flip flopping more than a politician in here. :impressive:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote:Detroit is flip flopping more than a politician in here. :impressive:
:lolgasm:

I just had no idea that a SxS was a viable option. I've wanted one since I first saw one, but assumed I needed a trailer, storage space, etc, etc.

But damn, if I can throw it in the bed of the 1SMP to get to 4x4 and keep it behind my garage, while using it to bomb around the city (easy parking FTW), that's a 5/7 offroad option, and ideal TBH.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex

It would be awesome if you went that route.
ChrisoftheNorth

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/snw/5820469561.html

Shit, I could even use it to clear my driveway in the winter. Maybe even make a few bucks doing the same for neighbors.

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote:http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/snw/5820469561.html

Shit, I could even use it to clear my driveway in the winter. Maybe even make a few bucks doing the same for neighbors.

My work here is done. Have fun exploring your newfound options.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

also, inb4 pertoballz is clearing driveways for fun
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Wow, there's quite a few for sale here that are already street legal.

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/snw/5867509686.html

http://toledo.craigslist.org/snd/5837649713.html
ChrisoftheNorth

This is an option I need to give some more thought to. It truly could be a dual-purpose knock around type thing. AND, if I don't go that deep on the :poorvette: , wouldn't be too difficult to fund.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote:This is an option I need to give some more thought to. It truly could be a dual-purpose knock around type thing. AND, if I don't go that deep on the :poorvette: , wouldn't be too difficult to fund.
id be ok with this. :poorvette: is plenty fast enough IMHO

also, the closer it is to stock the easier it is to convert to cash money in the future.
Last edited by goIftdibrad on Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Looks like Michigan nuked street legal SxS last year. So, gotta buy one already registered or SOL.

:notsure:
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Detroit wrote:This is an option I need to give some more thought to. It truly could be a dual-purpose knock around type thing. AND, if I don't go that deep on the :poorvette: , wouldn't be too difficult to fund.
id be ok with this. :poorvette: is plenty fast enough IMHO
I may just do clutch, gears, and mild cam. Total cost around $1,500 and would be pretty solid.
ChrisoftheNorth

And now they're retro-actively cancelling on-road registrations.

SxS is out.
:(
ChrisoftheNorth

At least I learned a lot about SxS this morning.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote:And now they're retro-actively cancelling on-road registrations.

SxS is out.
ok 1. :rage: do you even expost facto MI? fuckers. fuck the goverment.

2. dont automatically discount this again. as you have seen, for 7-8k you can get a thing that is going to be way more fun than your precious truck.. hell that's the truck depreciation in like 2 years. If you dont scratch it to hell on a trail.
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote:

SxS is out.
ok 1. :rage: do you even expost facto MI? fuckers. fuck the goverment.

2. dont automatically discount this again. as you have seen, for 7-8k you can get a thing that is going to be way more fun than your precious truck.. hell that's the truck depreciation in like 2 years. If you dont scratch it to hell on a trail.
1.) The guys on the RZR forums in MI are going full :rage: Apparently, all reg's will not be renewable in 2017. Some guys in the middle of nowhere are still getting them registered, but if you're near any sort of population it's 5/7 :nope: It's bad.

2.) Without being able to drive it on the road, I'll probably have the chance to 4x4 it 1/mo, if that. Just not worth it, and I'll never be able to sell it to Infamous. At least a truck I can replace my current truck with and get continual use out of. The wear and tear is a valuable point, doe.
ChrisoftheNorth

Back to square one.
ChrisoftheNorth

:whocares:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote::whocares:
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
Detroit wrote::whocares:
As long as I don't get a truck...
ChrisoftheNorth

Oh, and continuing from the C5 thread...

Dillerlady got a V6 1LE Bromaro in. We're going to go test drive soon to see what we think. Might be a viable alternative to the brubtub. I'm still worried about it being broken non stop.
Apex

SxS is out.
:rage:
ChrisoftheNorth

Apex wrote:

SxS is out.
:rage:
:dat:

I'm disappointed, it was looking so promising there for a bit.
Apex

Detroit wrote:Oh, and continuing from the C5 thread...

Dillerlady got a V6 1LE Bromaro in. We're going to go test drive soon to see what we think. Might be a viable alternative to the brubtub. I'm still worried about it being broken non stop.
In4review