2021 :plac: life!

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:57 pm Yeah my bet is on the Accord lasting a few years.

:popcorn: :doe:
Turkish background and no brand whoring ?! :pout:
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Dan will GR86 this year
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:09 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:57 pm Yeah my bet is on the Accord lasting a few years.

:popcorn: :doe:
Turkish background and no brand whoring ?! :pout:
4 series?
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

I'm getting a new to me Brahhoe before 21 is over. The whole big dick Cadillac thing is TBD.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

My GR86 just got pushed back to mid January.

I was first this year and god dammit I better be first next year too if I can’t be the last this year…
max225

fledonfoot wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:15 pm My GR86 just got pushed back to mid January.

I was first this year and god dammit I better be first next year too if I can’t be the last this year…
You’re #1 this year. Sounds like #1 next year too. #winning either way.

I can’t believe I already saw them here.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Perversely large percentage of this group plans a new car percentage next year! I'm impressed! Between that list and the people who already bought in '21 (or both) we may be at a mathematical 100%.

Corona might be the best economic boost of our recent history.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Tarspin wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:39 am Perversely large percentage of this group plans a new car percentage next year! I'm impressed! Between that list and the people who already bought in '21 (or both) we may be at a mathematical 100%.

Well, my move is just seizing a once in a lifetime opportunity, and even that might not work out because nobody wants to work at the ports anymore. There's also a decent chance that I could be first in 2022...
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:01 pm
Tarspin wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:39 am Perversely large percentage of this group plans a new car percentage next year! I'm impressed! Between that list and the people who already bought in '21 (or both) we may be at a mathematical 100%.

Well, my move is just seizing a once in a lifetime opportunity, and even that might not work out because nobody wants to work at the ports anymore. There's also a decent chance that I could be first in 2022...
Good luck D- :plac: :lol:
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:12 pm
Detroit wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:01 pm
Good luck D- :plac: :lol:
It's all up to Toyota's supply chain now.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

max225 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:57 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:15 pm My GR86 just got pushed back to mid January.

The dealership down the street has a BRZ for $7500 over sticker. Subaru launched the car 2-3 months ahead of the GR.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

fledonfoot wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:08 pm
max225 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:57 pm

The dealership down the street has a BRZ for $7500 over sticker. Subaru launched the car 2-3 months ahead of the GR.
I have yet to see either and we have a pretty good market here.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:02 am
fledonfoot wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:08 pm

:dat:
And I've only seen MAYBE 2 Supra's here since they came out a year or 2 ago..
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
max225

wap wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:34 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:02 am

:dat:
And I've only seen MAYBE 2 Supra's here since they came out a year or 2 ago..
They are pretty common out here. Seems to be a regional thing.
Desertbreh

Every time I see a Supra I am :jimp:. Automatic and all, they are good looking cars.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:42 am Every time I see a Supra I am :jimp:. Automatic and all, they are good looking cars.
The most recent time I saw one was a couple weeks ago on my way to work. I was in front of it and didn't at first recognize the face in my rear view. I just knew that it was...something...with a nice front end. Then it hit me once I noticed those F1-style "wings". It's :notbad: looking from in front at all. Never saw it again since. :iono:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:42 am Every time I see a Supra I am :jimp:. Automatic and all, they are good looking cars.
Yep, they look really good, IMO. I am always :notsure: on why so many people seem to hate them.

I see them often here :doe: There is also at least one or two at every track event I attend.
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:59 pm
Yep, they look really good, IMO. I am always :notsure: on why so many people seem to hate them.

I see them often here :doe:
Hate because rebadged Z4. Autotragic + BMW I drive from 2 generations ago. It is kind of :sad: in that regard. But exterior styling and engine are top notch.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: 22’ Chevy Blazer

I’m in this boat twice this year:

Replaced our RAV4 with the Traverse a couple months ago; think I mentioned that awhile back.

This weekend, I picked up the below:

22’ Iron Gray Blazer 2LT
2.0 turbo 4cyl, FWD

It has replaced our 16’ Colorado because we couldn’t fit 2 car seats in it comfortably for all of us.

Already looking for an intake and exhaust, more out of curiosity sake, to see about making it more ‘mine’ at some point next year.
ChrisoftheNorth

Devilchrono wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:08 pm I’m in this boat twice this year:

Replaced our RAV4 with the Traverse a couple months ago; think I mentioned that awhile back.

22’ Iron Gray Blazer 2LT
2.0 turbo 4cyl, FWD

It has replaced our 16’ Colorado because we couldn’t fit 2 car seats in it comfortably for all of us.

Already looking for an intake and exhaust, more out of curiosity sake, to see about making it more ‘mine’ at some point next year.
Oh wow, nice update!

Curious how you end up liking the Blazer. I feel like people hate it because it's not a body on frame off-road beast like previous Blazers, but it's a great size on a solid platform. And the 2.0 should scoot just fine.
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Detroit wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:26 pm
Devilchrono wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:08 pm I’m in this boat twice this year:

22’ Iron Gray Blazer 2LT
2.0 turbo 4cyl, FWD

Oh wow, nice update!

Curious how you end up liking the Blazer. I feel like people hate it because it's not a body on frame off-road beast like previous Blazers, but it's a great size on a solid platform. And the 2.0 should scoot just fine.
So far, I’m liking it. If I wanted a body on frame suv, I’d have gotten a 4 Runner or the like that still is that.

Sport mode is fun as well, but I’ve only put about 100 miles on it, lol. It’s a perfect size for us honestly and we’ll eventually have a truck back with us, it’s just not the the cards right now.

I’ll try to remember to make a thread and update as I rock it for awhile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Yep, the Blazer seems like a decent vehicle. :notsure: why people care, most names are taken, they owned Blazer, it's got some equity. This thing is a Camaro inspired CUV which is :neat: if you're a car person and really need a CUV for whatever reason (like family in this case).
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:29 pm Yep, the Blazer seems like a decent vehicle. :notsure: why people care, most names are taken, they owned Blazer, it's got some equity. This thing is a Camaro inspired CUV which is :neat: if you're a car person and really need a CUV for whatever reason (like family in this case).
That was the idea behind the thing...to make a sporty looking and feeling CUV. Which I think it achieves. The trend just isn't toward street performance anymore and ZOMG BRONCO FIGHTER FAIL really tarnished the "Blazer" brand.

Should have just called it a Camaro like Ford did with the Mach-E.
max225

Detroit wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:08 pm
D Griff wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:29 pm Yep, the Blazer seems like a decent vehicle. :notsure: why people care, most names are taken, they owned Blazer, it's got some equity. This thing is a Camaro inspired CUV which is :neat: if you're a car person and really need a CUV for whatever reason (like family in this case).
That was the idea behind the thing...to make a sporty looking and feeling CUV. Which I think it achieves. The trend just isn't toward street performance anymore and ZOMG BRONCO FIGHTER FAIL really tarnished the "Blazer" brand.

Should have just called it a Camaro like Ford did with the Mach-E.
I'd like to point out that there is not a single sporty CUV that is "successful" and point to "off road focused" suvs that are logging record sales.

Wrangler
Bronco
4R
Even defender
F150Raptor
Ram TRX
Trd PRO

are some of the highest in demand vehicles today. I think Blazer is a missed off road opportunity (regardless of this car in question which I am sure does the job well).
Devilchrono
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Yup. I like the name and the old Blazers for sure; but I knew what I was getting when I bought it. If I’d wanted, or needed, a big body on frame, off-road capable suv, I’d have bought one.

People get so caught up on the names and/or past of a name and can’t just appreciate things for what they are.