Career Chat

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:22 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:17 pm

I could see that line of questioning, especially after he came out as being of the gay.
Oh, it came up. He grew up in a time when being gay wasn't ok, so he found the easiest way to conform. My mother is hardcore catholic and claims sex is ONLY for procreation. My dad confirmed to us that they only had sex twice in their 2X years of marriage...which incredibly resulted in me and my sister. Worked great for a gay guy that had no interest in the act, but wanted to fit in with a wife and 2 kids like everyone else.

My mother loves my sister and I to death and would do absolutely anything for us. My dad DGAF. He provided for us well, so I'm not complaining by any means, I just never had/don't have a traditional father relationship. Kind of was an issue for me in my 20's, resulting in years of therapy. I've accepted it all now NBD.
:mindblown: that is crazy but I feel like probably more common than many think. One of my good friends at work is a gay chick, she is now very happily married to a woman but was previously married to a dude, I think for similar societal pressure reasons.

Glad you at least have some relationship with both of the parents, as mine age, I am more and more thankful to live near them and see them regularly.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:34 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:53 pm

Interesting.. iirc you and your dad were closer a few years ago and you and your mother had no relationship (or just didn’t speak to each other) at all?

Therapy for that makes a lot of sense.
:dat: is always what I had thought. Mom was some :angry: harpy that was not really in your life and you and dad hung out building your Uber C5 in his garagemahal like a couple of pals. :iono:
Sums it up.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:20 pm

Interesting.. iirc you and your dad were closer a few years ago and you and your mother had no relationship (or just didn’t speak to each other) at all?

Wow, great memory. My dad has always been more a friend type than a real dad type. And yea, that resulted in us have a decent relationship. We're still close and hang out frequently, so that's fine.

I stopped talking to my mother many years ago because I couldn't handle the crazy...it was actually a specific incident that triggered my parent's divorce, my dad coming out, and etc. I started talking to my mom again at the first of this year because I wanted to have some sort of relationship with her. I keep her at arm's length, but it's good to be talking to her again.
Yeah that must have been quite a mind [user not found] for her ALTHOUGH when you don't have sex for a decade you gotta figure something is up.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:39 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:22 pm
Oh, it came up. He grew up in a time when being gay wasn't ok, so he found the easiest way to conform. My mother is hardcore catholic and claims sex is ONLY for procreation. My dad confirmed to us that they only had sex twice in their 2X years of marriage...which incredibly resulted in me and my sister. Worked great for a gay guy that had no interest in the act, but wanted to fit in with a wife and 2 kids like everyone else.

My mother loves my sister and I to death and would do absolutely anything for us. My dad DGAF. He provided for us well, so I'm not complaining by any means, I just never had/don't have a traditional father relationship. Kind of was an issue for me in my 20's, resulting in years of therapy. I've accepted it all now NBD.
:mindblown: that is crazy but I feel like probably more common than many think. One of my good friends at work is a gay chick, she is now very happily married to a woman but was previously married to a dude, I think for similar societal pressure reasons.

Glad you at least have some relationship with both of the parents, as mine age, I am more and more thankful to live near them and see them regularly.
My sister and I were talking around Christmas time and she laid it out "bro, mom's not getting any older, if you want a relationship with her, bury your shit and call her". I :notwrong: and called my mom on NYD. I chat with her a few times a month now, which is good. We hung out once in February, but then COVID hit and her cousin died from it, and she turned into a recluse in her house to not get the thing. Understandable, she was really close with her cousin..."the brother she never had" type thing. :(
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:39 pm
Wow, great memory. My dad has always been more a friend type than a real dad type. And yea, that resulted in us have a decent relationship. We're still close and hang out frequently, so that's fine.

I stopped talking to my mother many years ago because I couldn't handle the crazy...it was actually a specific incident that triggered my parent's divorce, my dad coming out, and etc. I started talking to my mom again at the first of this year because I wanted to have some sort of relationship with her. I keep her at arm's length, but it's good to be talking to her again.
Yeah that must have been quite a mind [user not found] for her ALTHOUGH when you don't have sex for a decade you gotta figure something is up.
She doesn't want sex...she thinks it's bad. My dad had side flings with the interior designer and various others for years, he was fine.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

So how bout them jobs amirite
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
ChrisoftheNorth

razr390 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:49 pm So how bout them jobs amirite
I'm starting to work on figuring out how to get a permanent remote job. I like WFH too much to go back to an office, and it seems like permanent remote jobs should be more prevalent.

I just need to get into the digital space, of which I have zero experience in. I can go back to school for digital stuff, but :notsure: if that will get me anywhere or not.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

That’s good you’re able to have some sort of a relationship with her now. I feel like our society has gotten to the point where everyone just promotes cutting out everyone that is “toxic” in your life without any regard for family or blood. Of course in some instances that’s the way to go, but doing what you are by talking to her now and then to maintain a relationship but keeping her at arms length and probably avoiding stuff that you know causes conflict between you two can be just as effective for keeping stress low while still keeping people around that deep down we have some sort of love or connection for.
ChrisoftheNorth

SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:33 pm

That’s good you’re able to have some sort of a relationship with her now. I feel like our society has gotten to the point where everyone just promotes cutting out everyone that is “toxic” in your life without any regard for family or blood. Of course in some instances that’s the way to go, but doing what you are by talking to her now and then to maintain a relationship but keeping her at arms length and probably avoiding stuff that you know causes conflict between you two can be just as effective for keeping stress low while still keeping people around that deep down we have some sort of love or connection for.
My mom deals with conflict by just cutting out who/what bothers her then expects the person she cut out to come back when she's ready. Sounds crazy because it is. I was over dealing with it, but you're absolutely right that it's better having some sort of relationship than none at all. It's just tough to know what/when problems arise that need to be avoided.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

I actually have 2 friends whose moms came out as gay after decades of marriage to their dads. Had 6 kids between them, too.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

wap wrote:
I actually have 2 friends whose moms came out as gay after decades of marriage to their dads. Had 6 kids between them, too.
I don't understand how there are any heterosexual women on the planet. Dudes are gross.
wap

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:18 pm
wap wrote:
I don't understand how there are any heterosexual women on the planet. Dudes are gross.
;notwrong;
I think I'd be a lesbian if I was a woman.
SAWCE

wap wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:47 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:18 pm I don't understand how there are any heterosexual women on the planet. Dudes are gross.
;notwrong;
Oh, so you think it’s a choice!? :howdareu:
wap

SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:54 pm
wap wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:47 pm

:notwrong:
Oh, so you think it’s a choice!? :howdareu:
:lolol: :mahman:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:18 pm
wap wrote:
Women are more difficult to deal with than men
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:36 am
troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:18 pm I don't understand how there are any heterosexual women on the planet. Dudes are gross.
While this is obviously a sexist comment, in most cases it's :notwrong: ... I have actually been a bit envious of :gay: dudes at times.
Desertbreh

Also :dedong:
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

No word from utility company on my counter....

I’m buying a nice ass coffee machine if / when I sign the papers. And maybe a dedicated commuter / city hauler / beer bike.
wap

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:21 am No word from utility company on my counter....

I’m buying a nice ass coffee machine if / when I sign the papers. And maybe a dedicated commuter / city hauler / beer bike.
Good luck, man!
:popcorn:
ChrisoftheNorth

wap wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:30 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:21 am No word from utility company on my counter....

Good luck, man!
:popcorn:
:dat:

Hopefully they come back soon!
ChrisoftheNorth

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:50 am

While this is obviously a sexist comment, in most cases it's :notwrong: ... I have actually been a bit envious of :gay: dudes at times.
Absolutely not. We have a ton of :gay: friends (along with my dad) and the drama and BS they put eachother through is absolutely :fullretard: :butwhy: They act like women emotionally.

The best would be a Jay and Silent Bob "Heterosexual life partners" situation. I almost had that with my long-time friend that I roomed with before I met my wife, but then he decided to be a deadbeat and let me pay all the bills. :nope:
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Probably wouldn’t hurt to send them a follow up email next week? Let them know you are still interested.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Detroit wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:33 am

Absolutely not. We have a ton of :gay: friends (along with my dad) and the drama and BS they put eachother through is absolutely :fullretard: :butwhy: They act like women emotionally.

The best would be a Jay and Silent Bob "Heterosexual life partners" situation. I almost had that with my long-time friend that I roomed with before I met my wife, but then he decided to be a deadbeat and let me pay all the bills. :nope:
:word:

If things ever don't work out with my wife I think I may just give up on :dock: and fly solo with some friends. The amount of bike/car/backpacking/etc shit I could do on my solo income with no :pinshit: requirements would be rather epic.
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:52 pm

:word:

If things ever don't work out with my wife I think I may just give up on :dock: and fly solo with some friends. The amount of bike/car/backpacking/etc shit I could do on my solo income with no :pinshit: requirements would be rather epic.
And with how easy it is to pull :pussy: off “dating” apps these days you wouldn’t even have to go long between :dock: if you don’t want to.
Desertbreh

There are occasional exceptions that fly under the gaydar but a fair number of gay dudes CRAVE drama........they love that shit. By comparison women are as cool as the Outlaw Josey Wales.