OT XXX: COVID Off Topic

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:04 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:49 am I think we shouldn’t talk about covid here anymore. Everyone has their own opinions on this and it’s not productive and results in name calling. Seems like a good taboo topic to add to the exclusion list
That's all fine and well until those opinions violate my self evident inalienable god given rights. When that happens I have a problem and will not be silent.
I agree with that 100%. However this topic here seems pointless.

There will always be people that disagree with you on the topic. To add to it everyone is so entrenched in one angle or another that it just seems pointless to just go at each other, as it doesn’t result in any change of opinion on either side no matter that evidence is presented. So it just adds toxicity that spills into other parts of an already pretty small forum alienating whoever is left
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:49 am I think we shouldn’t talk about covid here anymore. Everyone has their own opinions on this and it’s not productive and results in name calling. Seems like a good taboo topic to add to the exclusion list
That's all fine and well until those opinions violate my self evident inalienable god given rights. When that happens I have a problem and will not be silent.
And what would those be?
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote:
rockchops wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:05 pm Counterpoint: reasonable adults can (or rather, should be able to) talk about things without being total assholes as a default. True colors and all that.
We have proven that we can’t do that here. Over and over again
Hey man im just over here waiting for these big pharma trickle down bucks to hit my bank account.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

I am fairly moderate and I think a bit of healthy skepticism to all of our own circumstantially formed beliefs through our personal life experiences is necessary. We are never 100% right or 100% wrong. Open discussion is fine to challenge beliefs. I think there’s definitely a better way that can be done. Alas
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:13 pm

There will always be people that disagree with you on the topic. To add to it everyone is so entrenched in one angle or another that it just seems pointless to just go at each other, as it doesn’t result in any change of opinion on either side no matter that evidence is presented. So it just adds toxicity that spills into other parts of an already pretty small forum alienating whoever is left
I guess man. I am just super disappointed in all the smart people that have been duped by the narrative™. I mean this thing is over now, but none of the covidians want to let go. How many nines do we need to add to the survival rate of the dominant variant before these people admit that its over?
brain go brrrrrr
max225

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:42 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:13 pm

I guess man. I am just super disappointed in all the smart people that have been duped by the narrative™. I mean this thing is over now, but none of the covidians want to let go. How many nines do we need to add to the survival rate of the dominant variant before these people admit that its over?
As mentioned I don’t think anything presented here from one angle or another will sway people. I just don’t want us to alienate more members.

I enjoy shooting the “car” shit with y’all.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

rockchops wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:25 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote:
And what would those be?
You could start by reading this and follow up with the first 10 amendments to the US constitution aka the bill of rights.

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/ ... transcript
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/ ... transcript
Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Amendment III
No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment V
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment VI
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment VII
In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment VIII
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Amendment IX
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment X
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
I added emphasis to the important parts relevant to the topic at hand
brain go brrrrrr
max225

Brad legit question do you think your posts will convince others ? I mean you’ve seen how entrenched they are in their opinion… why bother ?
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

max225 wrote:Brad legit question do you think your posts will convince others ? I mean you’ve seen how entrenched they are in their opinion… why bother ?
Or that they arent generic non-answers...
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

max225 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:58 pm Brad legit question do you think your posts will convince others ? I mean you’ve seen how entrenched they are in their opinion… why bother ?
Fair. It's just a little bit of a pressure release valve to annoy them with actual logic. The alternative is screaming to myself in a dark room.
rockchops wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:01 pm Or that they arent generic non-answers...
Ok, I'll spell it out for you. We have a right to be secure in our persons. I shall not be required by the government, as a citizen, to undergo a medical procedure as a condition of simply existing in society. That's the 4th amendment. This attempt by the government to violate requires the application of the 1st. Failing that, the 2nd. Brandon also lied about it: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55193939
I mean if stop and frisk was racist and unconstitutional (https://civilrights.org/edfund/resource ... itutional/) then CERTAINLY the government requiring you to pierce your literal physical barrier to the outside world in order to take an injection is also unconstitutional.
I don't mind them encouraging this, I don't mind providing limited incentives on some level even. But to require it? Get the muskets Benjamin.

Since I have a moment, lets flip the script. Lets say we find some magical properties of hourse cum that cure covid 19, but you have to get it fresh. Any exposure to air oxidized those compounds and blah blah blah... the gov mandates everyone to suck off a horse for their own good to stop covid 19, even if you have had it and recovered and probably have robust, durable immunity. The government wants to be sure though, so you need to give the horse a blowie. They provide the horse, its free, but they have exempted all the ranchers from any liability in the case you are injured in the process of sucking off the fucking horse. Oh, and you need to do this twice. If you get kicked in the head the first time and reconsider in light of that unpleasant experience, they don't care. Need to suck that juicy horse dick again to be sure.

That is the extreme precedent the current administration is advocating getting set. Credit to [user not found] for the inspiration of this analogy because he thought it would be funny to put in a filter for iver-mec-tin to horse cum. :notbad:
brain go brrrrrr
razr390

horse cum
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390

:impressive:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Vaccine requirements are not new. For the current school year, Indiana requires the following before a child may enter Pre-K:

3x Hepatitis B
4x DTap (Diptheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis)
3x Polio
1x Varcinella (Chickenpox)
1x MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)
2x Hepatitis A

Turns out it isn't even new to require multiple doses. What is different, though, is the COVID vaccines have more potential health risks and are far less effective at preventing disease than these other vaccines are. Kids are especially likely to have complications from the vaccines, it appears, and are the least likely to have problems with the virus itself. Sacrificing the health of our young to protect our old isn't a valid approach, either economically given the number of years each would have left to live, or ethically. Children don't have the ability to understand or decide for themselves. Some of those diseases above are far more dangerous than COVID as well, specifically to children. The precedent for requiring vaccines has existed for a LONG time, though, and acting like there's a huge swath of the population ready to pick up our muskets and march on D.C. over vaccine requirements of any kind is incredibly disingenuous.
razr390

Ya know, muskets would be pretty ineffective against modern day weaponry possessed by Uncle Sam.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

razr390 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:33 pm Ya know, muskets would be pretty ineffective against modern day weaponry possessed by Uncle Sam.
So would anything else one could obtain legally, if we're being honest.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

coogles wrote:
razr390 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:33 pm Ya know, muskets would be pretty ineffective against modern day weaponry possessed by Uncle Sam.
So would anything else one could obtain legally, if we're being honest.
Im still salty after Fauci and the CDC came in with hoodies and steel pipes and broke up my well-organized militia. But thats the horse-cum-covered slippery slope some of us are forced to live on.
razr390

Who else was able to schedule their booster horse cum session? All of the CVS’s by me are booked out.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

razr390 wrote:Who else was able to schedule their booster horse cum session? All of the CVS’s by me are booked out.
The booster is a suppository too.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

razr390 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:43 pm Who else was able to schedule their booster horse cum session? All of the CVS’s by me are booked out.
:tits: booked hers yesterday afternoon for this morning at our local Osco.
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

rockchops wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:03 pm
razr390 wrote:Who else was able to schedule their booster horse cum session? All of the CVS’s by me are booked out.
The booster is a suppository too.
:jimp:
razr390

wap wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:07 pm
razr390 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:43 pm Who else was able to schedule their booster horse cum session? All of the CVS’s by me are booked out.
I was joking but yea
wap

razr390 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:27 pm
wap wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:07 pm

I was joking but yea
Oh. :derp: :lol:
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

coogles wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:20 pm Vaccine requirements are not new. For the current school year, Indiana requires the following before a child may enter Pre-K:

3x Hepatitis B
3x Polio
2x Hepatitis A

Turns out it isn't even new to require multiple doses. What is different, though, is the COVID vaccines have more potential health risks and are far less effective at preventing disease than these other vaccines are. Kids are especially likely to have complications from the vaccines, it appears, and are the least likely to have problems with the virus itself. Sacrificing the health of our young to protect our old isn't a valid approach, either economically given the number of years each would have left to live, or ethically. Children don't have the ability to understand or decide for themselves. Some of those diseases above are far more dangerous than COVID as well, specifically to children. The precedent for requiring vaccines has existed for a LONG time, though, and acting like there's a huge swath of the population ready to pick up our muskets and march on D.C. over vaccine requirements of any kind is incredibly disingenuous.
The other difference in the ‘Vid vaccine and all of the other required ones is that they’ve been tested over decades and we know what the potential side effects are… my main hesitancy in getting this is that we’re seeing a huge number of different side effects from random populations. Devil I know over the Devil I don’t.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

SAWCE wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:39 pm
coogles wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:20 pm Vaccine requirements are not new. For the current school year, Indiana requires the following before a child may enter Pre-K:

3x Hepatitis B
3x Polio
2x Hepatitis A

The other difference in the ‘Vid vaccine and all of the other required ones is that they’ve been tested over decades and we know what the potential side effects are… my main hesitancy in getting this is that we’re seeing a huge number of different side effects from random populations. Devil I know over the Devil I don’t.
I'm good never taking another dose, it was worse then covid by a large margin for me personally, anecdotally speaking of course!
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

I mean, this forum is a private site, technically no one here has rights but me :lolol: :[user not found]:

I am more with Max on this, this thread is just alienating people, causing arguments, etc. nothing productive is happening, no one is changing their minds about anything. I don’t really participate as I’m more “in the middle” anyway and I’m not into dick swinging contests, name calling, and arguing.

We have always had the right to talk about politics, religion, and other heavily debated topics, it’s just that no one really did it before social media was a thing. I think maybe that’s one way the world was better off 20 years ago.

I’d ask those participating in this thread to weigh in on closing it or not and I will respond accordingly based on the majority.