Auto industry Impact - due to shut down

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

FWIW when I'm looking for my next :plac: I've been eyeing on this certain m240i in particular in perfect spec, dropped from $38k (a week ago) to $32k (now), and some others that are even less than $30k(hell $25k) with less than 20k miles, this is not normal. That's also on used cars fyi. On top of that, take a look at VW's first 6 months of no car payment with 0%, same with BMW for the first 3 months. So definitely some discounting is taking place for sure.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Another thing, I think some models will be eliminated from each manufacturer line-ups imo. GM dumped Saturn for instance, and a couple more from the last recession. So many more choices and :millennial: s :aintcare: about owning a new car. 0.02 cents
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

I guess car transactions are considered essential services here. Registration offices show COVID working hours. :notbad:

https://www.ontario.ca/page/serviceonta ... nd-contact
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:44 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:35 pm
It will, there will be major behavior modification that will stop the spread... or at least slow it down to a point where we can isolate immediately.

I think most :dillerman: and OEMs are betting and hoping that it will return back to "normal" so they refuse to do any sort of deals, until it get's real tough. And it hasn't just yet... They still have the cash... from the record 4 years.
I might be making a site/customer visit this week, it will include a fresh set of latex gloves around contact points and mask to go with my usual PPE, doing my part not to shoot :moist: even though our family is strongly isolating. Doubt anything will go back to normal this summer. Just the sight of people garbed up will lower buyer demand for big ticket items like cars and houses IMO.

My :tits: and I are going to get back to shopping for my wife's next SUV closer to July, by then we will see how much we are using cars, I'm strongly inclined to buy nothing. That's got to be a common sentiment in most households affected. If the :dills: aren't there I'm going to put it out there and say we will have little interest in taking on an extra loan. That gives us three months not four years, manufacturers are crazy not to unload stock.
I think it's best to wait till things get back to normal, that's my plan for my next :plac: move. But I'm so glad to have a paid off car right now :alpo: that's not remotely close on their last legs and drives like a newer car than a sorority girls Jetta with 60k miles on it.

IIRC the Touareg is a lease no?
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:09 pm
Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:44 pm

I might be making a site/customer visit this week, it will include a fresh set of latex gloves around contact points and mask to go with my usual PPE, doing my part not to shoot :moist: even though our family is strongly isolating. Doubt anything will go back to normal this summer. Just the sight of people garbed up will lower buyer demand for big ticket items like cars and houses IMO.

My :tits: and I are going to get back to shopping for my wife's next SUV closer to July, by then we will see how much we are using cars, I'm strongly inclined to buy nothing. That's got to be a common sentiment in most households affected. If the :dills: aren't there I'm going to put it out there and say we will have little interest in taking on an extra loan. That gives us three months not four years, manufacturers are crazy not to unload stock.
I think it's best to wait till things get back to normal, that's my plan for my next :plac: move. But I'm so glad to have a paid off car right now :alpo: that's not remotely close on their last legs and drives like a newer car than a sorority girls Jetta with 60k miles on it.

Morgan Stanley is planning around a December resurgence, which makes sense to me. I'm basically home schooling the kids until June for two hrs a day, and wife works from home 5 days a week, so I can't see a need to do anything with wife's Touareg until it goes back to VW for end of lease in July. No payment sounds 5/7 to me and the :gorf: is paid for in June thankfully.

So I don't really know how to plan for "normal", like how long are we isolated for? What happens when the VID comes back? So many questions but only one answer that I can trust.... no new unnecessary debt. :sad:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

[user not found] wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:10 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:40 pm

What exactly did C4C do that is so terrible? It took out quite a few shitty vehicles but the entire program only impacted 690k vehicles, considering that we are selling 13-7 million vehicles annually, that's not even 10% of one years' worth of sales. So it it a spit in the bucket once you realize it has been over a decade since that ran. .
Took a bunch of SUVs and trucks off the road (most of which were derelict and ready for the grave) - but also turned the creampuff survivors on the used car market into overpriced unobtainium.

It totally fucked the used car market.
Explain “totally fucked” when it affected less than 0.272% of the vehicles on the road today
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Tarspin wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:17 pm

Morgan Stanley is planning around a December resurgence, which makes sense to me. I'm basically home schooling the kids until June for two hrs a day, and wife works from home 5 days a week, so I can't see a need to do anything with wife's Touareg until it goes back to VW for end of lease in July. No payment sounds 5/7 to me and the :gorf: is paid for in June thankfully.

So I don't really know how to plan for "normal", like how long are we isolated for? What happens when the VID comes back? So many questions but only one answer that I can trust.... no new unnecessary debt. :sad:
I am told at above 80 degrees viruses should erode faster, although this maybe is an exception since it was lab made to begin with. But I checked UAE's weather and it is 100 degrees, still on lockdown, etc. etc. I have a feeling June may be the earliest if not earlier, but NY is in deep shit since half of the deaths are from there, so really :sad:

I'm also as apprehensive that we cannot exactly go back to our normal lives as soon as this ordeal is over, but will eventually in a matter of time, but it will certainly change things that will make things convenient in a financial sense. I feel like the isolation will be over if we can essentially conclude the VID is finally gone. But lot of mentalities will change, whether it is either being from way too :scrooge: to #yolo on traveling, cars, whatever or from living above their means like getting a g20 330i with a 20% APR because you want a brand new BMW for dat status while living in a 1940's apartment littered with 20 year old Japanese econoboxes to taking it easy.
razr390
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Most stats/medical people saying the 'Rona will hit in a second wave around fall. Shouldn't be as bad since we know what it does and herd immunity between now and then, so it'll still be "something" but doubtful it will be as disruptive.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

All those poor XJ's :sad:

C4C fucked the used cheap 4x4 market
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:45 pm All those poor XJ's :sad:

C4C fucked the used cheap 4x4 market
Now you have plenty of JKs to chose from... and wjs and wk2s etc
C4C didn’t do that sort of damage back then, they were all worthless at the time, the value got propped up now... because there was nothing new that’s comparable
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

razr390 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:39 pm

Most stats/medical people saying the 'Rona will hit in a second wave around fall. Shouldn't be as bad since we know what it does and herd immunity between now and then, so it'll still be "something" but doubtful it will be as disruptive.
:dat: little off topic, dat baby Yoda avatar is 5/7

After talking to the people here and how COVID has exposed all around the world, especially Italy and so on has to do with the following. It may sounds like I'm a racist, but that's not exactly true.
- There are a LOT of asians, especially Chinese working in Italy with Chinese income. Lot of Chinese citizens traveled to Italy for their Chinese new year celebration, about atleast 2,000 if I recall.
- Lot of Europe got hit, because every time I take a layover, I see tons of azn's but barely any in my shithole country.
- Lot of Italians also live in New York City, so in that time frame where corona has been increasing, it has been exposed to people and due to negligence of the Italian Government (as well as Mediterranean :aintcare: yolo attitude like no other) against it which also caused a number to the country, plus New Yorkers as well.
- 60% percent who got cases are :mahtroy: and guadalupe, because of the environments they live in which are more and more easily exposed.
- San Francisco got hit, because azn's
- Spring breakers gen z (if I get the corona I get the corona its not gonna stop me partying fuckbois) also escalated it, church goers after states banned large gatherings like Jesus fucking christ.
- Lastly, I have a friend from Turkey that originally moved to SF for masters in Stanford because :waxer: grandparents, along with parents as well. Began working there with a good job living the cali dream, then said Fuck it and came here, so he can be with his family. It turns out his mom got positive (luckily she's getting better as we speak)
- Overall, any sort of ignorance where people think it's ok to be with large gatherings at the beach (like Australia) or do large parties, etc. etc.

Moral of the story is, I think the second wave will be less threatening, because for one, we learned a lesson about this in one way or another. Second at that point, less people will travel and will probably spread to less countries, especially given that the current one happened at a certain time of the year where people travel and whatnot. No ethnicity should be judged regardless of one country that came out of, especially if it's something that's lab made to begin with.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:02 pm FWIW when I'm looking for my next :plac: I've been eyeing on this certain m240i in particular in perfect spec, dropped from $38k (a week ago) to $32k (now), and some others that are even less than $30k(hell $25k) with less than 20k miles, this is not normal. That's also on used cars fyi. On top of that, take a look at VW's first 6 months of no car payment with 0%, same with BMW for the first 3 months. So definitely some discounting is taking place for sure.
I don't understand a fake M car pricing that approaches an M car. They are completely different vehicles, there is nothing M about a 240i other than the marketing letter stuck on the back.
max225

we can't be inside until fall. If we stay inside until then we might as well start eating each other because that's what it is going to get to.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:01 pm
we can't be inside until fall. If we stay inside until then we might as well start eating each other because that's what it is going to get to.
Who says we can’t?
max225

Apex wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:02 pm

Who says we can’t?
8 billion soul suckers that do nothing but fuck and destroy, we will have nothing left at that point we WILL turn on each other.
Last edited by max225 on Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I swear 2020 might as well be like Russian roulette.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

who knows, maybe we'll only end up staying home for 2 weeks, a month tops. Especially when governors and health care industries will be more prepared when this eventuality hits again.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:06 pm

who knows, maybe we'll only end up staying home for 2 weeks, a month tops. Especially when governors and health care industries will be more prepared when this eventuality hits again.
The question was why not fall. Not 2 weeks or a month which would be manageable. Fall would not be
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

I know it's partially unrelated to the second wave, but I heard when China got back to normal, I think around 30 people gotten positive as they're throwing away masks and the supplies.

As far as preparation goes, I think a lot of us will basically be as prepared as China has been preparing as soon as virus hits, since the country has faced viruses before. Most of the world has not been used to it and now we're experiencing it for a while now. I remember when I heard flights got cancelled in China at the end of January, I saw some azn's wearing masks the next day nearly everywhere.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:57 pm

After talking to the people here and how COVID has exposed all around the world, especially Italy and so on has to do with the following. It may sounds like I'm a racist, but that's not exactly true.
- There are a LOT of asians, especially Chinese working in Italy with Chinese income. Lot of Chinese citizens traveled to Italy for their Chinese new year celebration, about atleast 2,000 if I recall.
- Lot of Europe got hit, because every time I take a layover, I see tons of azn's but barely any in my shithole country.
- Lot of Italians also live in New York City, so in that time frame where corona has been increasing, it has been exposed to people and due to negligence of the Italian Government (as well as Mediterranean :aintcare: yolo attitude like no other) against it which also caused a number to the country, plus New Yorkers as well.
- 60% percent who got cases are :mahtroy: and guadalupe, because of the environments they live in which are more and more easily exposed.
- Spring breakers gen z (if I get the corona I get the corona its not gonna stop me partying fuckbois) also escalated it, church goers after states banned large gatherings like Jesus fucking christ.
- Lastly, I have a friend from Turkey that originally moved to SF for masters in Stanford because :waxer: grandparents, along with parents as well. Began working there with a good job living the cali dream, then said Fuck it and came here, so he can be with his family. It turns out his mom got positive (luckily she's getting better as we speak)
- Overall, any sort of ignorance where people think it's ok to be with large gatherings at the beach (like Australia) or do large parties, etc. etc.

Moral of the story is, I think the second wave will be less threatening, because for one, we learned a lesson about this in one way or another. Second at that point, less people will travel and will probably spread to less countries, especially given that the current one happened at a certain time of the year where people travel and whatnot. No ethnicity should be judged regardless of one country that came out of, especially if it's something that's lab made to begin with.
So what happened in Cali then. Azns are not a minority here, and certainly far more here than anywhere else in the country,.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:11 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:57 pm

So what happened in Cali then. Azns are not a minority here, and certainly far more here than anywhere else in the country,.
:dat:
I figured you know anyway, since a lot of azn's travelled there and I atleast heard 2 flights coming there from China too, after one of my buddies flight got cancelled to china at the gate because of the virus. It was when the corona gotten on the news too.
max225

I think the virus hypothesis while related may not be completely relevant... I am wondering about
1. Used car prices
2. New car prices
3. Gas prices
4. Insurance prices
5. General car availability
6. Change in the way we buy/sell cars etc.

All should be very interesting in the coming days. We enjoyed a period of really low gas prices (cali excluded) and really high used prices... I wonder if this trend will continue or get completely disrupted.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:00 pm
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:02 pm FWIW when I'm looking for my next :plac: I've been eyeing on this certain m240i in particular in perfect spec, dropped from $38k (a week ago) to $32k (now), and some others that are even less than $30k(hell $25k) with less than 20k miles, this is not normal. That's also on used cars fyi. On top of that, take a look at VW's first 6 months of no car payment with 0%, same with BMW for the first 3 months. So definitely some discounting is taking place for sure.
I don't understand a fake M car pricing that approaches an M car. They are completely different vehicles, there is nothing M about a 240i other than the marketing letter stuck on the back.
That's roughly around what you get on a regular facelift f30 340i price wise unless it has atleast 50k miles on it (2017+). It doesn't deserve an M badge especially they're open diffs anyway.
Last edited by MexicanYarisTK on Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/ctd/d/ ... 04109.html

Here is one for under 30k, and it is no where near where that 38k 240i was. I have been to this :dillerman: it is a pretty legit operation.
max225

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/ ... 01224.html

Here is one with the same options for 35k but a few more miles. Bother are excellent vehicles damn... makes me wondering why I got the mini now :plac: but to be fair they are shit to drive compared to a JCW mini.