ОПРОС: When do you get gas? & Philosophy 101.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.

When do you get gas?

3/4 or more
No votes
1/2 tank
16%
1/4 tank
31%
red light/50 miles to empty
31%
0 miles to empty
9%
:wrong:
13%

Total votes: 32
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:00 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:56 pm Getting gas when you are in a hurry sucks. So get it when you are not.
Are you superman? What do you need to do in life that doesn't allow you to spend 5 min at a gas station, yet you're willing to take out another 5min out of another arbitrary part of the day because then you're "less busy"

If you have no TIME in life you should get gas the fewest times possible, without doing any damage to your car. That's how you maximize the time. This whole in a "hurry" crock of shit argument doesn't hold water because getting gas at 1/2 a tank WASTES time out of all of your busy schedules, making you MORE BUSY.
Here is perhaps what you are missing. I have, from time to time, been known to have a few anger management issues. Your 5 minutes at a gas station sounds like a Nascar pit stop. Is that a birthright in the Pay Area? Because it sure as fk is NOT here. Local gas stations here are one of two things

1. Outlandish price gougers that :triggered: me OR
2. Ralph's Gas or Costco, and I prefer Ralph's because no 10 ethanol. That occasionally leaves me pulled in behind a shitshow of 8 Robert Krafts on their way home from the rub and tug in their Bentleys, and despite having spent over 75 years on this earth, they operate the fuel pump with the speed of retirement. It is fking brutal. So let's say I'm on the way home, it's late, I see I've got 1/2 a tank left, I pull in, and survey the scene. Shitshow? I try another time. Pumps open? Nascar stop.
3. Costco is even worse, but I wait it out as long as I'm there.
Last edited by Desertbreh on Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

My g/f loves to push the laws of physics between fill-ups doe.
I think she drives with the gas light on FUCKING CONSTANTLY.
:dafuq: :butwhy: :disgust: :rage: :nope:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:07 pm

Are you superman? What do you need to do in life that doesn't allow you to spend 5 min at a gas station, yet you're willing to take out another 5min out of another arbitrary part of the day because then you're "less busy"

If you have no TIME in life you should get gas the fewest times possible, without doing any damage to your car. That's how you maximize the time. This whole in a "hurry" crock of shit argument doesn't hold water because getting gas at 1/2 a tank WASTES time out of all of your busy schedules, making you MORE BUSY.
Here is perhaps what you are missing. I have, from time to time, been known to have a few anger management issues. Your 5 minutes at a gas station sounds like a Nascar pit stop. Is that a birthright in the Pay Area? Because it sure as fk is NOT here. Local gas stations here are one of two things

1. Outlandish price gougers that :trigger: me OR
2. Ralph's Gas or Costco, and I prefer Ralph's because no 10 ethanol. That occasionally leaves me pulled in behind a shitshow of 8 Robert Krafts on their way home from the rub and tug in their Bentleys, and despite having spend over 75 years on this earth, they operate the fuel pump with the speed of retirement. It is fking brutal. So let's say I'm on the way home, it's late, I see I've got 1/2 a tank left, I pull in, and survey the scene. Shitshow? I try another time. Pumps open? Nascar stop.
I live next to a Race-Trac with 12 pumps, which is across the street from a Mobil with 8 pumps, 1/4 mile away is a Murphy USA with 8 pumps, and across from that is a Race-Trac with 12 more pumps.

The Race-Trac and Murphy are cheap and have 87 ethanol free.
Desertbreh

Melon wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:10 pm

1. Outlandish price gougers that :trigger: me OR
2. Ralph's Gas or Costco, and I prefer Ralph's because no 10 ethanol. That occasionally leaves me pulled in behind a shitshow of 8 Robert Krafts on their way home from the rub and tug in their Bentleys, and despite having spend over 75 years on this earth, they operate the fuel pump with the speed of retirement. It is fking brutal. So let's say I'm on the way home, it's late, I see I've got 1/2 a tank left, I pull in, and survey the scene. Shitshow? I try another time. Pumps open? Nascar stop.
I live next to a Race-Trac with 12 pumps, which is across the street from a Mobil with 8 pumps, 1/4 mile away is a Murphy USA with 8 pumps, and across from that is a Race-Trac with 12 more pumps.

The Race-Trac and Murphy are cheap and have 87 ethanol free.
It's even got a pit stop name.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

My thought process is that Costco is typically $0.10-$0.20 cheaper per gallon than any of the gas stations in my neighborhood. I have to go there every Sunday for groceries anyways, so why not just get gas while I'm there rather than spend 30 minutes driving there, fueling up, and driving home randomly during the week when I get low on gas?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

It's pretty rare that I ever have to wait for an open gas pump.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:20 pm My thought process is that Costco is typically $0.10-$0.20 cheaper per gallon than any of the gas stations in my neighborhood. I have to go there every Sunday for groceries anyways, so why not just get gas while I'm there rather than spend 30 minutes driving there, fueling up, and driving home randomly during the week when I get low on gas?
This is pretty much how I do it.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

2. Ralph's Gas or Costco, and I prefer Ralph's because no 10 ethanol. That occasionally leaves me pulled in behind a shitshow of 8 Robert Krafts on their way home from the rub and tug in their Bentleys, and despite having spent over 75 years on this earth, they operate the fuel pump with the speed of retirement. It is fking brutal. So let's say I'm on the way home, it's late, I see I've got 1/2 a tank left, I pull in, and survey the scene. Shitshow? I try another time. Pumps open? Nascar stop.
1. How far away from work/home are the gas stations that don't price gouge, (1mile for me). I mean at what point to you assign a $ value to your time. You don't strike me as a person that will be impacted by a 10-40 cents deviation per gallon on fuel, however since you mentioned anger/frustration why not avoid it for a small upcharge ?
2. Costco is a shitshow, you can't save money if you're wasting time. So you have to go during off hours. Waiting 20 min to save $3 is pathetic
3. :butwhy:

An argument was made that the filling up at 1/2 tank was made for time effectiveness, NO backup was provided for this
max225

Melon wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:21 pm It's pretty rare that I ever have to wait for an open gas pump.
:dat: this only happens at costco for me, due to their lower pricing, and I refuse to wait more than 2min, I look in and if the line is more than 2 cars per pump I :aintcare: move past it. My sanity is worth more than the hordes of :derp: 's
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

Whenever it's convenient? Filled up the other day when I was at 1/2 tank cause I was passing a costco.

Previous fill up was done at less than a quarter.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:42 pm

1. How far away from work/home are the gas stations that don't price gouge, (1mile for me). I mean at what point to you assign a $ value to your time. You don't strike me as a person that will be impacted by a 10-40 cents deviation per gallon on fuel, however since you mentioned anger/frustration why not avoid it for a small upcharge ?
2. Costco is a shitshow, you can't save money if you're wasting time. So you have to go during off hours. Waiting 20 min to save $3 is pathetic
3. :butwhy:

An argument was made that the filling up at 1/2 tank was made for time effectiveness, NO backup was provided for this
Yes, I can pay for higher fuel costs, for some reason they trigger me? Like "fuck you, we don't have to compete?" You make a fair point on this. But it's like .50 cents over Costco on the reg.
Literally, there are two decent places price wise around home/work to buy gas. I named them.
I only go to Costco on Saturday, when I am going to shop there. I am there already. So I buy gas. Unless its wall to wall Robert Krafts.
SAWCE

Pro-tip: Costco opens the gas stations before the store, so get there 30 minutes before the store opens, fill up, and enjoy a less packed Costco by walking in right as they open the doors (usually a few minutes early). I've been in and out of Costco before they were even supposed to be open.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:02 pm Pro-tip: Costco opens the gas stations before the store, so get there 30 minutes before the store opens, fill up, and enjoy a less packed Costco by walking in right as they open the doors (usually a few minutes early). I've been in and out of Costco before they were even supposed to be open.
All true.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Oh look a poll/thread by Max asking us to provide our opinions and our own habits and then he proceeds to tell us we are wrong for not living under his circumstances. Every time I back into a space (hard park) I do it cuz I know you hate it.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:03 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:02 pm Pro-tip: Costco opens the gas stations before the store, so get there 30 minutes before the store opens, fill up, and enjoy a less packed Costco by walking in right as they open the doors (usually a few minutes early). I've been in and out of Costco before they were even supposed to be open.
All true.
Since you pay for a membership there, I always expect a slightly higher caliber of people to be in there.. :wrong: if I go at 2:00 on a Sunday afternoon it's full of mouth breathers who turn their cart sideways in the aisle while they wander up and down it or leave it in the middle of the fucking entry to the produce or dairy section while they go grab the stuff they need. I want to murder people in there.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:44 pm
Melon wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:21 pm It's pretty rare that I ever have to wait for an open gas pump.
:dat: this only happens at costco for me, due to their lower pricing, and I refuse to wait more than 2min, I look in and if the line is more than 2 cars per pump I :aintcare: move past it. My sanity is worth more than the hordes of :derp: 's
:dat:

We only recently got back on the Costco bandwagon, but the low price isn't worth it for me to make a special trip, it's not on the way for me at all.

I do enjoy how they have pump attendants doe, to hurry along the slows and olds.
max225

razr390 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:06 pm Oh look a poll/thread by Max asking us to provide our opinions and our own habits and then he proceeds to tell us we are wrong for not living under his circumstances. Every time I back into a space (hard park) I do it cuz I know you hate it.
No one is talking about you mommas boy. Keep backing up IDGAF
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

[user not found] wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:12 pm I will not play the Costco gas game.

I will gladly pay .25 more to not drive out of the way to wait in line behind the hordes of mouthbreathers.
max225

:dat: discovered this the other day, they also stay open longer. I only go after 7pm or before 9am, occasionally that's when I am going to work. Othertimes www.gasbuddy.com toptier gas and 0fg whenever I have 50 miles left or less. Dire world saving emergency be damned.
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

I need to move somewhere with E-free 93, but not FL.

Here E-free 90 is the same price as 10%-E 93
Last edited by CaleDeRoo on Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:07 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:03 pm

All true.
Since you pay for a membership there, I always expect a slightly higher caliber of people to be in there.. :wrong: if I go at 2:00 on a Sunday afternoon it's full of mouth breathers who turn their cart sideways in the aisle while they wander up and down it or leave it in the middle of the fucking entry to the produce or dairy section while they go grab the stuff they need. I want to murder people in there.
I think the STARTING caliber is higher. However, there is something about Costco that cut's people's IQ in half and agreed they are rude AF. The free food stands also bring out the bad behavior. It really deserves its own sociology thesis.
Desertbreh

Melon wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:21 pm
[user not found] wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:12 pm I will not play the Costco gas game.

I will gladly pay .25 more to not drive out of the way to wait in line behind the hordes of mouthbreathers.
So would I. Have about .55?
Desertbreh

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:24 pm

So would I. How about .55?
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:24 pm

So would I. Have about .55?
Balls, that's enough to make me reconsider. Lol.
max225

12 votes
2 Trolls
3 1/2 tank heros
7 people utilizing their tanks for their designed capacities.

Sounds about right.