OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:52 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:42 pm Our leaves are just starting to turn. We’ve got some beautiful reds and oranges in with the green right now. Some yellow one a few species of trees, but mostly the red, orange, and green.
My favorite time, I love all the colors. They change to brown fast :doe:

This was outside our house on Thursday:

Now all the yellow leaves have fallen and what's left is brown. BUT our house packs a fun surprise, when the leaves fall we can see the water and rolling hills from our house. Pictures to come later this week.
:fuckyeah: looks awesome. I need to remember to snap some pictures out here.
SAWCE

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:48 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:41 pm

No :sawce: the meat/cheese/jalapeño/onion is still super flavorful to me with my bland ass diet, so holding the sauce saves me some solid calories from fat and sugar.
But what's :sawce: without sauce? :notsure:

I love sauce on burgers, but it can sometimes be too much. It really depends on the place and burger. That thing with both spicy BBQ and house would be quite a messy experience.
To be fair, I’m not much of a condiment/sauce guy on any food really. Some mustard on a burger is perfect. I think I tried to add that, but couldn’t figure it out with the online ordering so just went dry.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Ok doods, anyone have any experience with a leaking ice maker in their freezer? I think someone went into our freezer during our Halloween party over the weekend and didn't close the door all the way. I noticed it Sunday because there was water dripping in the freezer and the quart of ice cream was a bit soft. I noticed that water was dripping out of the front of the ice maker where the cubes are discharged into the container on the inside of the freezer door. Also, the freezer temp was up to 16f instead of its normal 0. I turned off the ice maker and shut off the water supply and after a couple hours the temp went back down to zero so the freezer itself is still working. It held the proper temp all night and all day today so I turned the water back on and it immediately started to leak again. :rage:

Current working theory is that with the screwy temp fluctuation the moving parts got frozen and messed up works somehow. So I want to physically remove the ice maker unit, let it thaw out, maybe clean it, then put it back and turn on the water to see what happens. Found this vid on the Tubes. Looks pretty straightforward.

Thoughts? Am I on the right track?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
Desertbreh

wap wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:44 pm Ok doods, anyone have any experience with a leaking ice maker in their freezer? I think someone went into our freezer during our Halloween party over the weekend and didn't close the door all the way. I noticed it Sunday because there was water dripping in the freezer and the quart of ice cream was a bit soft. I noticed that water was dripping out of the front of the ice maker where the cubes are discharged into the container on the inside of the freezer door. Also, the freezer temp was up to 16f instead of its normal 0. I turned off the ice maker and shut off the water supply and after a couple hours the temp went back down to zero so the freezer itself is still working. It held the proper temp all night and all day today so I turned the water back on and it immediately started to leak again. :rage:

Current working theory is that with the screwy temp fluctuation the moving parts got frozen and messed up works somehow. So I want to physically remove the ice maker unit, let it thaw out, maybe clean it, then put it back and turn on the water to see what happens. Found this vid on the Tubes. Looks pretty straightforward.

This is of no actual help but we have an undercounter icemaker that had a plastic piece shit the bed maybe two days before we got back from a month long trip and started putting water on the floor. Pretty lucky timing really. I turned on my icemaker just like yours there in our fridge, a corner unit, which was off for a couple of years. Figured I would have all kinds of problems but nope, that nasty bitch fired right up.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

wap wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:44 pm Ok doods, anyone have any experience with a leaking ice maker in their freezer? I think someone went into our freezer during our Halloween party over the weekend and didn't close the door all the way. I noticed it Sunday because there was water dripping in the freezer and the quart of ice cream was a bit soft. I noticed that water was dripping out of the front of the ice maker where the cubes are discharged into the container on the inside of the freezer door. Also, the freezer temp was up to 16f instead of its normal 0. I turned off the ice maker and shut off the water supply and after a couple hours the temp went back down to zero so the freezer itself is still working. It held the proper temp all night and all day today so I turned the water back on and it immediately started to leak again. :rage:

So I don't really recall the exact symptoms, but a couple of years ago I had a bunch of problems with ice making being intermittent and water leaks and such around that area. It ended up being a frozen water line somewhere near the entry to the freezer sort of like you're describing. It was a bit of a pain but basically taking it all apart, thawing, cleaning, and drying then reassembling fixed the issue IIRC. I do know I had to access the lines from the rear to access the source of the issue.

It's worked flawlessly since and was a free fix so :notbad: overall.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Also, restaurants here are totally back to the 'old normal', it is very much a non issue.

:tits: and I went on a date night Friday, walked into this beach bar like place on one of the lakes here at 6:15 PM, were asked if we wanted inside or outside seating, chose inside as it was chilly, got a prime table right next to a huge window overlooking the water/sunset, enjoyed the view/table for two hours, had an appetizer, 2-3 drinks each, and entrees, bill was $67, $82 with tip.

There are super trendy places with long waits (I think that's always been the case) but most normal stuff is normal.

Taco Bell here is good and you can get a meal for cheap still ($4-9 per person), but fast food after 10 PM has always been and always will be shit and a terrible experience, like Max said, you're talking about people who can't/won't get a job outside of 8 PM-4 AM shift making fake burgers/burritos for $15/hour. I don't blame them for sucking, it's just life.

If I need :drunk: snacks now, I just keep some freezer 'zas on hand, :tits: is usually stoked on pizza and it's $5 and 15 minutes of waiting in the comfort of home versus some drive through Lyft shitshow.

Don't even get me started on GrubHub/Door Dash/Uber Eats, this is the dumbest way to spend $60 for a meal imaginable.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:01 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:52 pm
My favorite time, I love all the colors. They change to brown fast :doe:

This was outside our house on Thursday:

Now all the yellow leaves have fallen and what's left is brown. BUT our house packs a fun surprise, when the leaves fall we can see the water and rolling hills from our house. Pictures to come later this week.
How are you enjoying your first fall of life? :lolol:

This week is peak leaves here in CLT, NC mountains were about two weeks ago. It's pretty wild that we're hitting peak same time as Northern Meatchicken. It's always been end of October/early November here as long as I can recall.
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:23 am

This week is peak leaves here in CLT, NC mountains were about two weeks ago. It's pretty wild that we're hitting peak same time as Northern Meatchicken. It's always been end of October/early November here as long as I can recall.
Yea, fall doesn't suck

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:02 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:21 am I really hope those particular early closings will end soon enough.
What a comedy of errors. Its never going back. IMHO 'covid' or 'busy' or 'the current thing' will be the forever excuse from the ESG levered to the 9's corporate entities.
Whatever the case is maybe that's instigated by it, we are fucked from it at the end of the day. Let alone getting a new car alone seems to be more challenging too. :sad:
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:21 am Also, restaurants here are totally back to the 'old normal', it is very much a non issue.

:tits: and I went on a date night Friday, walked into this beach bar like place on one of the lakes here at 6:15 PM, were asked if we wanted inside or outside seating, chose inside as it was chilly, got a prime table right next to a huge window overlooking the water/sunset, enjoyed the view/table for two hours, had an appetizer, 2-3 drinks each, and entrees, bill was $67, $82 with tip.

There are super trendy places with long waits (I think that's always been the case) but most normal stuff is normal.

Taco Bell here is good and you can get a meal for cheap still ($4-9 per person), but fast food after 10 PM has always been and always will be shit and a terrible experience, like Max said, you're talking about people who can't/won't get a job outside of 8 PM-4 AM shift making fake burgers/burritos for $15/hour. I don't blame them for sucking, it's just life.

If I need :drunk: snacks now, I just keep some freezer 'zas on hand, :tits: is usually stoked on pizza and it's $5 and 15 minutes of waiting in the comfort of home versus some drive through Lyft shitshow.

Don't even get me started on GrubHub/Door Dash/Uber Eats, this is the dumbest way to spend $60 for a meal imaginable.
The only time I'll ever use those apps to deliver is when I really have no choice but to stay or no mode of transport to get me there and it is indeed absurd. I can't believe people would spend more money just to be lazy lmao.. I'll just put my shorts, my jacket and my slides with socks :hue: and go get it, it's like what 25 steps? Also whenever I do pick up via those apps, some places look at me like I have 2 heads and think I'm the driver, when I'm the one who ordered it. So I have to show my ID, just to eat. I thought this is America.

About the other day, what made me sad is that one taco bell I used to go there at 5 am to get the food closed on me at 2 am :sad: after going for that :derp: ery adventure, I found one Mcdonalds in Arlington where food didn't taste like dogshit that was still open at 4 am and isn't crowded. When I was getting trained for night auditor (aka overnight front desk), the person who trained that I got along with, I offered to go grab mcd's and ate at the front desk. That mcd's know the fuck they're doing overnight.

As someone who works at the hotel on the other hand, housekeeping is still short in diverse areas (my hotel included). I've visited NYC 5 times since I got back from my Turkey hiatus, 4/5 hotels doesn't do full cleans every day, some even ask we can only do it once during the stay, so they asked us which day would you like your room clean. When I went to Asheville, they cleaned my room the second day and it was for 2 nights. Same with Miami.

As far as I'm concerned, it's the chip shortage, coffee places closing early, the absurd mark-ups and overall the hospitality industry that's suffering from aftermath of whether covid or whatever floats your boat, that's left of not going back to normal yet.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Since I've been barely on here for over a month. A few of us that went to NYC in recent weeks, I thought I'd add my thoughts on it.

As some of you know, I am practically a "New Yorker" in my native country, aka Istanbul (sorry Constantinople :wap: ). Just like in more metropolitan areas in Turkey; As :narc: stated, car ownership is a luxury, forget the price of the car, it is insurance, awful lot of wear and tear for such a low mileage, worse gas mileage so fill up interval will happen more often (happened to me when I was in nyc for work for a week) along with higher gas prices, absurd parking prices. If you see people with nice cars, it's clear they have a hell of a lot more money than you'd typically think. Also equinox gym is twice as much there a month ($300) than in my area ($150), but they got the warm pool which is nice during the winter and I would use the fuck out of that rather than owning a nice car, albeit a car. Perhaps invest in an electric scooter/bike that's easy to carry.

Realistically if you're commuting within the proximity of the city of New York for the most part, you don't actually need a car. In some extend it maybe a little more comfortable as opposed to subway, taking bikes, etc. On top of that I practically lived without a car in Istanbul for good 9-10 months, even though I rented a few times and borrowed my friends car a couple of times, I was just fine. I had my bike, I rode scooters, took the metro, etc. etc. It hasn't felt challenging to my eyes.
We have 2 companies that's equivalent to car2go, which is basically bird scooters for cars. Comes with manual and auto, but I needed turkish driving license for it. Traffic is already awful in Istanbul to begin with so I tend to reach my destination faster with metro, especially when I go across the Bosphorus where going that route by car is the absolute worst unless you ride a vespa or a bike where lane splitting is legal. For instance, going to my uncles/grandparents house by car (if you're avoiding the :waxer: underpass) will take an hour on a good day and it's only 12 miles. With the :waxer: route when it's actually $4, it's 40 minutes. By metro, by scooter to get to the station, 8 mins, walking 16 mins, metro is only 25 mins. Realistically it's cheaper and faster to get there. Plus walking is good for exercise.

I grew up going there by car with family pretty much every year or 2.

I'll provide 2 examples of my trips:

1) I actually drove into manhattan, parked in a garage because there's basically no other options unless you take your precious time of waste to find one, where at that point I'd rather pay more for a peace of mind rather than risk getting ticketed or towed. Especially post "covid" where more parking spots are covered for outdoor dining. I will say street parking is good for a few hours if you can avoid the times square proximity, which is indeed a tourist trap for those who doesn't know nyc better, but that's about it. So I stayed in a nice 4 star hotel :nice: I know and there's parking across the street where they have the lifts, plus I can see my car from my window, for 3 nights, I've spent almost $200 on that alone, that's a lot of money. It was too cold for me to walk around at the time and I could've taken the subway, but I have to go to few places where I will site inspect for the business travel groups that were coming at the time, one of them I actually need a car to get there (which is in Williamsburg of Brooklyn), so I decided to fuck it and go by car. I parked in one garage in the meatpacking district, only 2 hours and it's already $50 :mindblown: then I went to Brooklyn, by the Brooklyn bridge called Dumbo, their garage isn't as expensive as Manhattan but still quite a lot even compared to DC. As far as car is concerned, parking total of around $320 (most paid by company) + EZ pass for entering Manhattan in and out from NJ appx. $30. Going into Brooklyn from Manhattan and back is free though on the Brooklyn bridge and I believe Queens Bridge. If I were to commute from NJ into Manhattan, even if my job offers free parking, I still think paying $30 bucks is too much for a day and much rather take the metro, bus or boat. However, if you're carpooling with 5 people it is cheaper as a whole per person. Which will lead to my 2nd example.

2) My most recent trip ~1 week ago. I stayed at a Residence Inn in Weehawken, NJ. Which is just north of Hoboken and still see the view of Manhattan. I got a good :dill: due to my Marriott employee discount with only $80 per night, plus taxes. One thing I noticed tax wise, compared to my hotel, my hotel/or location for that matter, has 2 types of taxes, sales and county. In NJ (NYC area) is 3 sets Which is cheap for NY standards and cheaper than my shithole of a hotel with the lowest rate even on a slow day. Perks of staying in NJ, for one, no expensive parking that well at least exceeds $30 a day ($20 per day, for 2 nights it is $60). It's just me and :tits: I picked out that particular location cause not only it's in a very nice neighborhood (apartments there cost $7,000 a month minimum), also there's a ferry just across the street from my hotel that takes you to Manhattan $9 one way per person. With 2 of us, we picked a ticket from there and back $36. So slightly more expensive by car, but think of the money you're saving for parking alone and walking there is more convenient and you felt more free. :tits: is 5'3 and she doesn't like to ride bikes. So subway it is. She wanted to dress nice, so she put some boots with heels and I suggested her to bring more comfortable shoes, which she didn't listen and we ended up getting some michael kors slip ons at a local nordstorm rack, because she only likes that one. So in total, $36 for ferry, $60 for parking, $12 for 2 of us at subway. $108 for transport alone.
Getting there, I also did it a :scrooge: way too, I typically use the NJ turnpike. I don't mind paying tolls. But I decided to just use i95 instead. Even though passing through Baltimore required tolls. But I kinda regretted taking i95 because it was just very bumpy and it has woken :tits: up cause she likes to sleep in the car, she's a heavy sleeper. After passing Philly, it wasn't getting any better. Maybe roughly 10-15 miles after Philly, I decided to get back on the turnpike and it was night and day.

Total breakdown just for parking in 2 examples. $350 (ex1) - $108(ex2) = staying in Jersey, saves $242, you could easily go to a :waxer: restaurant twice with that money for 2, maybe 3 if you're lucky and/or avoid getting alcohol. That ferry has a membership rate of $212, lets say I have a 9-5 in Manhattan and live in NJ (may or may not have a car), just for commuting to work alone and back. $212 / 20 (weekdays) it'll cost ~ $10.60 per day, excluding going there for weekends. As opposed to $18. Another option, staying at Brooklyn, there are ways to get there to avoid the absurd tolls into Manhattan.

One last thing to add, I remember when family and I used to go to Manhattan. When we went with dads Expedition, cars with those sizes cost 80% more than say a Ford Explorer or any car thats smaller in those garages, that's one of the reasons why he down graded to an Explorer.

That's my NYC 101 for ya.
wap

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:13 am Since I've been barely on here for over a month. A few of us that went to NYC in recent weeks, I thought I'd add my thoughts on it.

As some of you know, I am practically a "New Yorker" in my native country, aka Istanbul (sorry Constantinople :wap: ). Just like in more metropolitan areas in Turkey; As :narc: stated, car ownership is a luxury, forget the price of the car, it is insurance, awful lot of wear and tear for such a low mileage, worse gas mileage so fill up interval will happen more often (happened to me when I was in nyc for work for a week) along with higher gas prices, absurd parking prices. If you see people with nice cars, it's clear they have a hell of a lot more money than you'd typically think. Also equinox gym is twice as much there a month ($300) than in my area ($150), but they got the warm pool which is nice during the winter and I would use the fuck out of that rather than owning a nice car, albeit a car. Perhaps invest in an electric scooter/bike that's easy to carry.

Realistically if you're commuting within the proximity of the city of New York for the most part, you don't actually need a car. In some extend it maybe a little more comfortable as opposed to subway, taking bikes, etc. On top of that I practically lived without a car in Istanbul for good 9-10 months, even though I rented a few times and borrowed my friends car a couple of times, I was just fine. I had my bike, I rode scooters, took the metro, etc. etc. It hasn't felt challenging to my eyes.
We have 2 companies that's equivalent to car2go, which is basically bird scooters for cars. Comes with manual and auto, but I needed turkish driving license for it. Traffic is already awful in Istanbul to begin with so I tend to reach my destination faster with metro, especially when I go across the Bosphorus where going that route by car is the absolute worst unless you ride a vespa or a bike where lane splitting is legal. For instance, going to my uncles/grandparents house by car (if you're avoiding the :waxer: underpass) will take an hour on a good day and it's only 12 miles. With the :waxer: route when it's actually $4, it's 40 minutes. By metro, by scooter to get to the station, 8 mins, walking 16 mins, metro is only 25 mins. Realistically it's cheaper and faster to get there. Plus walking is good for exercise.

I grew up going there by car with family pretty much every year or 2.

I'll provide 2 examples of my trips:

1) I actually drove into manhattan, parked in a garage because there's basically no other options unless you take your precious time of waste to find one, where at that point I'd rather pay more for a peace of mind rather than risk getting ticketed or towed. Especially post "covid" where more parking spots are covered for outdoor dining. I will say street parking is good for a few hours if you can avoid the times square proximity, which is indeed a tourist trap for those who doesn't know nyc better, but that's about it. So I stayed in a nice 4 star hotel :nice: I know and there's parking across the street where they have the lifts, plus I can see my car from my window, for 3 nights, I've spent almost $200 on that alone, that's a lot of money. It was too cold for me to walk around at the time and I could've taken the subway, but I have to go to few places where I will site inspect for the business travel groups that were coming at the time, one of them I actually need a car to get there (which is in Williamsburg of Brooklyn), so I decided to fuck it and go by car. I parked in one garage in the meatpacking district, only 2 hours and it's already $50 :mindblown: then I went to Brooklyn, by the Brooklyn bridge called Dumbo, their garage isn't as expensive as Manhattan but still quite a lot even compared to DC. As far as car is concerned, parking total of around $320 (most paid by company) + EZ pass for entering Manhattan in and out from NJ appx. $30. Going into Brooklyn from Manhattan and back is free though on the Brooklyn bridge and I believe Queens Bridge. If I were to commute from NJ into Manhattan, even if my job offers free parking, I still think paying $30 bucks is too much for a day and much rather take the metro, bus or boat. However, if you're carpooling with 5 people it is cheaper as a whole per person. Which will lead to my 2nd example.

2) My most recent trip ~1 week ago. I stayed at a Residence Inn in Weehawken, NJ. Which is just north of Hoboken and still see the view of Manhattan. I got a good :dill: due to my Marriott employee discount with only $80 per night, plus taxes. One thing I noticed tax wise, compared to my hotel, my hotel/or location for that matter, has 2 types of taxes, sales and county. In NJ (NYC area) is 3 sets Which is cheap for NY standards and cheaper than my shithole of a hotel with the lowest rate even on a slow day. Perks of staying in NJ, for one, no expensive parking that well at least exceeds $30 a day ($20 per day, for 2 nights it is $60). It's just me and :tits: I picked out that particular location cause not only it's in a very nice neighborhood (apartments there cost $7,000 a month minimum), also there's a ferry just across the street from my hotel that takes you to Manhattan $9 one way per person. With 2 of us, we picked a ticket from there and back $36. So slightly more expensive by car, but think of the money you're saving for parking alone and walking there is more convenient and you felt more free. :tits: is 5'3 and she doesn't like to ride bikes. So subway it is. She wanted to dress nice, so she put some boots with heels and I suggested her to bring more comfortable shoes, which she didn't listen and we ended up getting some michael kors slip ons at a local nordstorm rack, because she only likes that one. So in total, $36 for ferry, $60 for parking, $12 for 2 of us at subway. $108 for transport alone.
Getting there, I also did it a :scrooge: way too, I typically use the NJ turnpike. I don't mind paying tolls. But I decided to just use i95 instead. Even though passing through Baltimore required tolls. But I kinda regretted taking i95 because it was just very bumpy and it has woken :tits: up cause she likes to sleep in the car, she's a heavy sleeper. After passing Philly, it wasn't getting any better. Maybe roughly 10-15 miles after Philly, I decided to get back on the turnpike and it was night and day.

Total breakdown just for parking in 2 examples. $350 (ex1) - $108(ex2) = staying in Jersey, saves $242, you could easily go to a :waxer: restaurant twice with that money for 2, maybe 3 if you're lucky and/or avoid getting alcohol. That ferry has a membership rate of $212, lets say I have a 9-5 in Manhattan and live in NJ (may or may not have a car), just for commuting to work alone and back. $212 / 20 (weekdays) it'll cost ~ $10.60 per day, excluding going there for weekends. As opposed to $18. Another option, staying at Brooklyn, there are ways to get there to avoid the absurd tolls into Manhattan.

One last thing to add, I remember when family and I used to go to Manhattan. When we went with dads Expedition, cars with those sizes cost 80% more than say a Ford Explorer or any car thats smaller in those garages, that's one of the reasons why he down graded to an Explorer.

That's my NYC 101 for ya.
:mahman:
SAWCE

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:23 am

The only part that sucked for a bit was the air quality from the fires and all the smoke getting trapped by the cold front coming in for the storm we’ve had since then. Last week and a half have been rainy and it’s been :nice: I hated the rain in socal, but mostly when I was younger because I always wanted to be outside skateboarding. Now it’s :aintcare: I only drive to/from the gym 5x a week and maybe two other trips to grocery stores, so it really doesn’t impact me terribly.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:18 am Man, late night fast food runs are always a :triggered: for :tits: and I.

If we're heading back late from something, EVERYTIME:

Tits: Let's stop at Taco Bell!
Me: Nah, I don't really want whatever they'll deem me worthy of eating instead of what I ordered.
Tits: You're always so negative, stop it.
Me: ....Ok, fine.

AS SOON AS WE DRIVE AWAY

Tits: Aw man, they forgot my burrito
Me: .....
Tits: Wait, I said no cheese on this taco!
Tits: Did you order nachos?
Me: ....nope....

EVERYTIME. And that's after paying like $30 for our "order"

She's :rage: while I'm :aintcare: :tolduso: Fast food is a complete waste of time. I just keep junk food in our freezer instead and that's gotten me out of a few TB :rage: incidents lately.
That's my :tits: in a nutshell, lets go to taco bell, and she bitches about the service. I told her thats what happens when people don't get paid enough. Luckily some places in my area are still good in that aspect. But eating late at night regardless of what it is has never been the most digestive thing on the planet. I was pissed too, cause I was hangry. I was even more upset only a few years ago those places would open much later and never had none of the issues. But I never been to that taco bell :doe: where I waited 40 mins to get the bottom of the barrel food in the restaurants known to man.

That being said, the pizza places in DC always nails it in the head, its just this weekend being a halloween weekend, lines are a lot longer than we were expecting, but no surprises. Late night totinos pizzas are 5/7
wap

D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:15 am

So I don't really recall the exact symptoms, but a couple of years ago I had a bunch of problems with ice making being intermittent and water leaks and such around that area. It ended up being a frozen water line somewhere near the entry to the freezer sort of like you're describing. It was a bit of a pain but basically taking it all apart, thawing, cleaning, and drying then reassembling fixed the issue IIRC. I do know I had to access the lines from the rear to access the source of the issue.

Thanks. I don't think my issue is a frozen water line because as I mentioned it is leaking into the freezer area when I turn the water on. I'm hoping it's just the mechanism that's frozen so I think I'll remove it per the video and thaw it out and see what happens. Try the free fixes first and all that...
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:02 am
Detroit wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:18 am Man, late night fast food runs are always a :triggered: for :tits: and I.

If we're heading back late from something, EVERYTIME:

Tits: Let's stop at Taco Bell!
Me: Nah, I don't really want whatever they'll deem me worthy of eating instead of what I ordered.
Tits: You're always so negative, stop it.
Me: ....Ok, fine.

AS SOON AS WE DRIVE AWAY

Tits: Aw man, they forgot my burrito
Tits: Wait, I said no cheese on this taco!
Tits: Did you order nachos?
Me: ....nope....

EVERYTIME. And that's after paying like $30 for our "order"

She's :rage: while I'm :aintcare: :tolduso: Fast food is a complete waste of time. I just keep junk food in our freezer instead and that's gotten me out of a few TB :rage: incidents lately.
That's my :tits: in a nutshell, lets go to taco bell, and she bitches about the service. I told her thats what happens when people don't get paid enough. Luckily some places in my area are still good in that aspect. But eating late at night regardless of what it is has never been the most digestive thing on the planet. I was pissed too, cause I was hangry. I was even more upset only a few years ago those places would open much later and never had none of the issues. But I never been to that taco bell :doe: where I waited 40 mins to get the bottom of the barrel food in the restaurants known to man.

That being said, the pizza places in DC always nails it in the head, its just this weekend being a halloween weekend, lines are a lot longer than we were expecting, but no surprises. Late night totinos pizzas are 5/7
It could just be locations, but before 2020, there were plenty of go to Taco Bells in the Detroit area that we knew we could roll through the drive thru at 1am and get exactly what we we wanted and then some (one time they made extra chicken fry things and gave us an order, another time tits asked for more onion in a burrito and it was loaded, etc).

There's three TBs around where I live, I've been to two and they're terrible.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

It is location and time of day etc... expecting stellar service at a time when people get murdered is some sort of fantasy land.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:17 am
D Griff wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:15 am

Thanks. I don't think my issue is a frozen water line because as I mentioned it is leaking into the freezer area when I turn the water on. I'm hoping it's just the mechanism that's frozen so I think I'll remove it per the video and thaw it out and see what happens. Try the free fixes first and all that...
It sounds like your water valve isn't shutting off and on. That's located in the bottom of the fridge.

It's usually one of two things, valve as mentioned, or a crack/blockage in the mechanism that freezes the cubes and churns them out.
Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:37 am It is location and time of day etc... expecting stellar service at a time when people get murdered is some sort of fantasy land.
So you're saying there's a chance......
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
SAWCE

Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:15 pm
max225 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:37 am It is location and time of day etc... expecting stellar service at a time when people get murdered is some sort of fantasy land.
Go to Popeyes for a chicken sandwich and a knife in the chest.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:02 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:15 pm

when Popeyes came out with their chicken sandwich people in Houston were murdering each other over it
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
razr390
Drives: MK7.5 on 87

Yea to build a bit on TK’s NYC post, walking is 5/7, and I don’t think I’d ever get tired of it. The subway is great to get to major intersections and then you can walk the rest of the way.

The couple we visited have 1 electric scooter each, but they were both broken at the moment due to the shit roads/etc that beats them up.

Ultimately the quickest way to get around is the subway. They told me that if they’re out past 9-10, they will taxi or Uber home for safety concerns but during sunlight hours subway is 100% the move.

I love visiting New York because I like seeing people doing their own thing, being out and about, etc. it’s sort of refreshing. It makes me hate how car dependent San Antonio, and even south Florida is.
:doughnut: :narc: :doughnut:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:05 pm DFD. The forum where everybody makes the same choices and then tells anybody trying to join the club that they are the stupidest motherfucker to ever walk the earth.
wap

Tar wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:40 am
wap wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:17 am

It sounds like your water valve isn't shutting off and on. That's located in the bottom of the fridge.

It's usually one of two things, valve as mentioned, or a crack/blockage in the mechanism that freezes the cubes and churns them out.
Thanks for the input. I'm gonna look into your second point first then move on to the valve if necessary.
SAWCE

razr390 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:00 pm
SAWCE wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:02 pm

when Popeyes came out with their chicken sandwich people in Houston were murdering each other over it
I think it happened in Detroit too. That’s why I chose them for my post.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Chicken sandwich frenzy was pre Rona… that’s like ol ol news