The :baby: :baby: :baby: chronicles

Strut your greasy stuff!
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

Sitting at the VW :dillerman: waiting on an oil change for the Atlas, and they have a used MK8R here.

The seats are great, the steering wheel is back to feeling more like the MK6 - a bit bigger in diameter with chunky grips 10 & 2, very nice. But holy hell did VW fuck up everything else. That UI is beyond trash, and they're starting to put it into even more vehicles; I just saw it's getting put in the refreshed Atlas now too. Fuck you, VW.

The desire to ditch the 86 for a MK7R or VA STi is real, though.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

coogles wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:25 am Sitting at the VW :dillerman: waiting on an oil change for the Atlas, and they have a used MK8R here.

The seats are great, the steering wheel is back to feeling more like the MK6 - a bit bigger in diameter with chunky grips 10 & 2, very nice. But holy hell did VW fuck up everything else. That UI is beyond trash, and they're starting to put it into even more vehicles; I just saw it's getting put in the refreshed Atlas now too. Fuck you, VW.

:disgust:

I wonder when we'll start to see the buttons they're supposedly adding back to the UI?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:36 am :disgust:

I wonder when we'll start to see the buttons they're supposedly adding back to the UI?
I'll believe it when I see it. The Atlas is also being shown with the haptic buttons.

In contrast with what Honda is doing with its new interiors as far as UI and physical controls, VW is such an epic :disappoint:. Doubt we'll ever buy another one.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

coogles wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:25 am Sitting at the VW :dillerman: waiting on an oil change for the Atlas, and they have a used MK8R here.

They also dumped the vr6 on the atlas too so its only getting a 2.0t :sad: that vw is basically going downhill
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

coogles wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:11 am

I'll believe it when I see it. The Atlas is also being shown with the haptic buttons.

In contrast with what Honda is doing with its new interiors as far as UI and physical controls, VW is such an epic :disappoint:. Doubt we'll ever buy another one.
Eewwwww
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

As for ditching the 86, do you tend to get power withdrawal, despite how engaging and fun it is on pretty much anything else?
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:22 am As for ditching the 86, do you tend to get power withdrawal, despite how engaging and fun it is on pretty much anything else?
Honestly, it's quick enough. More would be better, but I don't often want for more power. Turns out I'm not a real car guy, I don't like coupes, and I don't like being in a car this small. In the garage or in real world parking spaces it's too big of a pain to get in and out of, I feel claustrophobic, and putting my little dude in the back is an even bigger pain than I anticipated. I also don't like the FA. It's soulless compared to the EJ, which I can't help but compare it against every time I get in it.

:tits: will never go for it, though. It's either GR86 or nothing.
Last edited by coogles on Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
wap

:|
That shiny black shit is ugly, on top of apparently being :rage: -inducing to use.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

wap wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:29 am

That shiny black shit is ugly, on top of apparently being :rage: -inducing to use.
VW is turning into an EV company, and the black shiny shit is EVesque, therefore it must be good.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:09 pm
wap wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:29 am

VW is turning into an EV company, and the black shiny shit is EVesque, therefore it must be good.
:disgust: :hellno:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Shiny plastic in a baby hauler is hilarious. The matte plastic on the console in our CRV looks pretty beat up after a year but if it was shiny it would be so much worse.
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

coogles wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:29 am
MexicanYarisTK wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:22 am As for ditching the 86, do you tend to get power withdrawal, despite how engaging and fun it is on pretty much anything else?
Honestly, it's quick enough. More would be better, but I don't often want for more power. Turns out I'm not a real car guy, I don't like coupes, and I don't like being in a car this small. In the garage or in real world parking spaces it's too big of a pain to get in and out of, I feel claustrophobic, and putting my little dude in the back is an even bigger pain than I anticipated. I also don't like the FA. It's soulless compared to the EJ, which I can't help but compare it against every time I get in it.

:gag: :pouroneout:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

MrH42 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:19 pm
I fully realize I'm basically the only person on the internet who's owned/driven one of these and doesn't absolutely love it.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

coogles wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:06 pm
MrH42 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:19 pm
I fully realize I'm basically the only person on the internet who's owned/driven one of these and doesn't absolutely love it.
In your defense, it is a very compromised car in many ways, it’s loud, not too practical, etc.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Coupes do have compromises. Fortunately if :tits: and I are going somewhere it's gonna be her car if i end up pulling the brz plunge. Im subjected to have a much shorter commute, depending on how close it is to work, i may consider biking on nicer weather (i get free parking at work working just a few blocks from downtown DC).

Ive always liked large midsize sedans, particularly m5 and so on, so im rolling in an accord, so much for me being a "car guy".
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

you dont have to 'like' certain things to be a 'car guy'

I generally don't like coupes either for example. If its got back seats, it should have 4 doors. I realize there are compromises with design here. But I also hate the long ass doors.

I do like a cozy cockpit and a small car. For example, this is one of the reasons I didn't like my mustang.

Just enjoy your thing man, you were so excited to get it. Its sad to see you :flaccid: about it now.

edit: trade plus case for boring volt commuter appliance? :evilplan:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:19 am you dont have to 'like' certain things to be a 'car guy'

I generally don't like coupes either for example. If its got back seats, it should have 4 doors. I realize there are compromises with design here. But I also hate the long ass doors.

I do like a cozy cockpit and a small car. For example, this is one of the reasons I didn't like my mustang.

Just enjoy your thing man, you were so excited to get it. Its sad to see you :flaccid: about it now.

Agreed, it's just weird to have such mixed feelings about a car that everyone else seems to be in love with.

I don't want everyone to get it twisted, though, I still like the thing. Driving the 86 after getting out of the minivan is quite the contrast and still really fun. BUT, I think since owning it I've gotten in it for the sole reason of simply wanting to go drive exactly once. I'm usually out doing things I would otherwise be doing anyway, but choosing to take the 86 instead of the Odyssey or the Atlas. And in the case of actually needing to use it as a regular car, like Griff said, it's compromised. Doesn't mean it's bad, but I do think something more practical that's still fun, with 4 doors and a bigger back seat, would be a more suitable car for what I would use it for.
golftdibrad1
Drives: on used bald tires

coogles wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:48 am
BUT, I think since owning it I've gotten in it for the sole reason of simply wanting to go drive exactly once.
life come at ya fast. I moved to TN for a lot of reasons but a big one was I love the roads. I get out and drive or ride like one a month for 3-4 hours a month.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
wap

coogles wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:48 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:19 am you dont have to 'like' certain things to be a 'car guy'

Agreed, it's just weird to have such mixed feelings about a car that everyone else seems to be in love with.

I don't want everyone to get it twisted, though, I still like the thing. Driving the 86 after getting out of the minivan is quite the contrast and still really fun. BUT, I think since owning it I've gotten in it for the sole reason of simply wanting to go drive exactly once. I'm usually out doing things I would otherwise be doing anyway, but choosing to take the 86 instead of the Odyssey or the Atlas. And in the case of actually needing to use it as a regular car, like Griff said, it's compromised. Doesn't mean it's bad, but I do think something more practical that's still fun, with 4 doors and a bigger back seat, would be a more suitable car for what I would use it for.
:mk6: ?

:trollface:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:04 am :mk6: ?

AWD or :gtfo:, although having leather in the R vs the :plaid: in the GTI would be :disappoint:
wap

coogles wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:31 am
wap wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:04 am :mk6: ?

AWD or :gtfo:, although having leather in the R vs the :plaid: in the GTI would be :disappoint:
I've long thought that a bloo :plaid: option on the :gorf: would be :tits:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

wap wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:46 pm
coogles wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:31 am

You mean like the one they get in Europe? :disappoint:

Desertbreh

coogles wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:58 pm

Oh man why do they always get all the good stuff?
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
wap

coogles wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:58 pm

That looks fantastic. :jimp:
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

10AE exhaust clip. :notsure: if this exhaust is even available separately, but this thing needs an exhaust pronto. I got the car out for about 45mins today and genuinely had a good time with it. Needs more noise from the back, :doe:.