Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Barnes93cb
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Turbro Go Kart/ Yamaha Bolt

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:27 pm
SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:13 pm

Buy high, kill yourself low.
All he does is talk about it. He needs to put his money where his mouth is.
So youre saying I should invest more than the $50 I have into it?
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Oh, I almost forgot, Orlando airport sucks if you have a connection there and don't have a long layover.

We landed in Orlando at 6:23, and our next flight was at 7:05, which meant it started boarding at 6:20. They also didn't tell us which gate we'd be until we got there, but our flight wasn't even on the flight status screens in the terminal we landed at because our flight was in a different terminal. Luckily we ran into a pilot on our way and he was able to look up the flight for us on his phone and tell us what gate we needed and how to get there. We had to run to a tram that took us to the main terminal where you go through security again even though we were on a connecting flight, security was all backed up because people kept leaving waterbottles full of water in their bags. We talked one of the TSA agents into letting us through the handicapped line to get through faster. As our bags were being scanned through there I got called four times by our gate to see if we were coming. Luckily I checked my phone as soon as it was through the scanner and called them back and told them we were coming. Had to run down another corridor to get to another tram to take us to the terminal we needed, then run through the terminal to get to our gate. Flight was supposed to leave at 7:05 and luckily they held the doors for us and we boarded at 7:03 and took off like 10 minutes later.

TL;DR, Don't expect to make a connection at Orlando airport unless you have at least an hour between when one flight lands and the next boards.

At least for our stress in that airport we got upgraded seats on the flight home and got better snacks and free glasses of wine plus some extra leg room.
nuggstein
Drives: 2012 GTI

work brought in bbq for lunch today. pulled pork, brisket, corn bread, french fries, mac n cheese, cole slaw.
:crang:
Barnes93cb

SAWCE wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:33 pm Oh, I almost forgot, Orlando airport sucks if you have a connection there and don't have a long layover.

We landed in Orlando at 6:23, and our next flight was at 7:05, which meant it started boarding at 6:20. They also didn't tell us which gate we'd be until we got there, but our flight wasn't even on the flight status screens in the terminal we landed at because our flight was in a different terminal. Luckily we ran into a pilot on our way and he was able to look up the flight for us on his phone and tell us what gate we needed and how to get there. We had to run to a tram that took us to the main terminal where you go through security again even though we were on a connecting flight, security was all backed up because people kept leaving waterbottles full of water in their bags. We talked one of the TSA agents into letting us through the handicapped line to get through faster. As our bags were being scanned through there I got called four times by our gate to see if we were coming. Luckily I checked my phone as soon as it was through the scanner and called them back and told them we were coming. Had to run down another corridor to get to another tram to take us to the terminal we needed, then run through the terminal to get to our gate. Flight was supposed to leave at 7:05 and luckily they held the doors for us and we boarded at 7:03 and took off like 10 minutes later.

TL;DR, Don't expect to make a connection at Orlando airport unless you have at least an hour between when one flight lands and the next boards.

At least for our stress in that airport we got upgraded seats on the flight home and got better snacks and free glasses of wine plus some extra leg room.
My rule of thumb is to always have 1 1/2 hours between layover. Gives some wiggle room for delays and airport BS.
nuggstein

razr390 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:56 am
[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:52 am He's not getting a deal, just not getting ripped off
Kinda dat. I have a great service advisor who has been with us for the past 5 cars (MK6 Golf, Touareg, Passat TDI, Passat R-Line and GTI) and he tells me when and what will get charged to the warranty.

So far, they've done much of the wear & tear and non-powertrain stuff under that warranty. I have it until 60k, and I'm at 57,3k right now so I'm getting a lot of the things done preventatively.

But, all in all, it's just building relationships and being on top of them. I also only use him as a service advisor and give him all 10's. He's always brutally honest with me on any service.

I feel like :crang: just drops off the car and then goes and pulls his hair out until they come and :dock: him in the :knot: with $2,500 repair bills
I had the same service advisor for about 4 years, then he left and now I don't have a dedicated guy to use. Seems like their service went downhill or something because they won't even budge when I try to negotiate on anything.
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

nuggstein wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:47 pm
razr390 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:56 am

Kinda dat. I have a great service advisor who has been with us for the past 5 cars (MK6 Golf, Touareg, Passat TDI, Passat R-Line and GTI) and he tells me when and what will get charged to the warranty.

So far, they've done much of the wear & tear and non-powertrain stuff under that warranty. I have it until 60k, and I'm at 57,3k right now so I'm getting a lot of the things done preventatively.

But, all in all, it's just building relationships and being on top of them. I also only use him as a service advisor and give him all 10's. He's always brutally honest with me on any service.

I feel like :crang: just drops off the car and then goes and pulls his hair out until they come and :dock: him in the :knot: with $2,500 repair bills
I had the same service advisor for about 4 years, then he left and now I don't have a dedicated guy to use. Seems like their service went downhill or something because they won't even budge when I try to negotiate on anything.
Bro, stop letting people fuck with you Tell them unless they treat you like a valued customer, you will go elsewhere.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:32 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:27 pm
All he does is talk about it. He needs to put his money where his mouth is.
Every cent you have. It's just going to keep tripling in value overnight forever. You're an idiot to not put everything into it.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

C00bs wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:25 pm
nuggstein wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:47 pm
Bro, stop letting people fuck with you Tell them unless they treat you like a valued customer, you will go elsewhere.
Works every time.

Receive quote:

:crang: "Woa, that's more than I was expecting..."
:dillerman: "It is what it is"
:crang: "Ok, cool...I'll go to another dealer for a quote and see what they come back with..."
:dillerman: "Woa, woa...let's not be hasty now. That $250 blinker fluid top-off could probably be thrown-in"
:crang: "Go on...how about this $500 muffler bearing?"
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
nuggstein

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:32 pm
Detroit wrote: Every cent you have. It's just going to keep tripling in value overnight forever. You're an idiot to not put everything into it.
I very much look forward to selling mine to a moron in the near future.

It's a stupid investment.
How is it a stupid investment if many people have now become multi-millionaires, some to the point where they can take care of their entire family with all issues and buy them houses, pay for medical bills, and no one has to work.
ChrisoftheNorth

Detroit wrote: Every cent you have. It's just going to keep tripling in value overnight forever. You're an idiot to not put everything into it.

It's :fullretard:

I kinda wish I had converted a few hundred dollhairs back when they were worthless, but the liklihood that they would have been stolen was too great...and I really needed that few hundred to survive back in the day. Momma didn't pay for anything.
C00bs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:28 pm
C00bs wrote:
That. It's a VW. Anyone can work on it.
I literally don't know anything about cars, and I know this. Any thoughts on the Jeep Renegade peeps? I have a 2013 Ford Escape with 95k miles on it. I am learning more about cars, but I am thinking of getting rid of it in the next year or so. I worry about maintenance costs starting to increase although newish cars should be good much longer.
ChrisoftheNorth

nuggstein wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:34 pm
[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:32 pm I very much look forward to selling mine to a moron in the near future.

How is it a stupid investment if many people have now become multi-millionaires, some to the point where they can take care of their entire family with all issues and buy them houses, pay for medical bills, and no one has to work.
Because tomorrow that value could crash to nothing. It's fucking currency, not a stock.

Holy hell.
ChrisoftheNorth

Oh, and the bitcoin stock is even dumber. Don't bring that shit up.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:33 pm
C00bs wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:25 pm

Works every time.

Receive quote:

:crang: "Ok, cool...I'll go to another dealer for a quote and see what they come back with..."
:dillerman: "Woa, woa...let's not be hasty now. That $250 blinker fluid top-off could probably be thrown-in"
:dillerman: "I think you underestimate how dangerous a bad muffler bearing can be. Do you want that on your conscience when they bring this up in court after the accident?"

:crang: "You're right. My mom's insurance can't take that hit. Sign me up on the quarterly muffler bearing replacement plan. I've got 2 mufflers, right? so that's going to be $1000 every quarter?"
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:36 pm
nuggstein wrote:
It's a bubble. It's fake. Two weeks ago a random analyst said "it might be 5k by the end of the year." Now we are going to be there this week. This is classic bubble activity.
And just wait for it to pop...
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: DIESEL BRODOZER, R53 JCW

razr390 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:17 am
NEEK wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:58 am GoT was awesome tonight. My girls boss, a plastic surgeon who owns a Bentley, is having a season finale party in which we must dress up. I am thinking either Robb and Talisa or Drogo and Daenarys.

So torn.
Just be careful with the screen. Made out of plastic so it will scratch easily.
Um. What screen?
*reserved for no content*
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:37 pm
Detroit wrote: It's :fullretard:

I kinda wish I had converted a few hundred dollhairs back when they were worthless, but the liklihood that they would have been stolen was too great...and I really needed that few hundred to survive back in the day. Momma didn't pay for anything.
I put a bit in a few months back. Now it's worth 6k. Fucking silly.
Yea, it makes zero sense.

I'm surprised the Russians haven't hacked exchanges and started draining funds yet...
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:20 am
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:51 am

Someone tried to sell me an 84 month motorcycle loan. Gotta keep those payments low.
When I was looking at the Vipers they were really trying to sell them and the salesbro was telling me I could get a 120 month payment to make it as cheap monthly as a Challenger. :lol:
I would have done this. Because :neek: is a fucking :stig: :jackass:
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:37 pm
Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:33 pm
Works every time.

Receive quote:

:dillerman: "I think you underestimate how dangerous a bad muffler bearing can be. Do you want that on your conscience when they bring this up in court after the accident?"

:crang: "You're right. My mom's insurance can't take that hit. Sign me up on the quarterly muffler bearing replacement plan. I've got 2 mufflers, right? so that's going to be $1000 every quarter?"
:lolgasm: :amazing:

Dat quartely muffler bearing plan...each bearing is $1k. $1k/quarter is a fucking bargain! Buy one get one!
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:39 pm
Detroit wrote:
And just wait for it to pop...
And someone is always left holding the bag.

Hell it is basically a pyramid scheme at this point.
Is it?

I thought it was just digital "currency"?
Barnes93cb

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:27 pm
Barnes93cb wrote:
My rule of thumb is to always have 1 1/2 hours between layover. Gives some wiggle room for delays and airport BS.
You can do almost any airport in half hour but it's fucking terrifying
I do not think I could get from B to E in DFW within a half hour.
nuggstein

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:35 pm
nuggstein wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Because tomorrow that value could crash to nothing. It's fucking currency, not a stock.

Holy hell.
Yeah, I guess so...except all of those people who made all of that ridiculous money have now cashed out.

You can just cash them out...
nuggstein

[user not found] wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:42 pm
Detroit wrote: Is it?

I thought it was just digital "currency"?
I mean it is a currency but you can't really use it anywhere. Soooo... What's a currency that can't be easily spent and doesn't have fundamental economics behind it?
What do you mean it can't be used anywhere?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-05-2 ... ores-shops

And the list just keeps growing.

I think Overstock accepts like 20+ different types of cryptocurrencies.
Last edited by nuggstein on Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barnes93cb

Detroit wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:30 pm
Barnes93cb wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:32 pm

Every cent you have. It's just going to keep tripling in value overnight forever. You're an idiot to not put everything into it.
Okay. Deposit of $8.43 put in. Life savings better be at $27 tomorrow.
NEEK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Finally finished painting the downstairs bedroom for the new roommate. 5/7. Went from a tannish yellow color to a very nice light gray. In the room it looks perfect because it is a darker room. I really like the color and am now considering putting it in multiple rooms and throughout the house. My interior colors are very dated and AZN like. Lemme snap some photos, brehs.