Northern MI Cucklyfe: Floating Garage Edition

Strut your greasy stuff!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

$44k :truk: is :fuckyeah: but people think $20k :poorvette: means you're some :jackass: :waxer:

Sad!
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:46 pm $44k :truk: is :fuckyeah: but people think $20k :poorvette: means you're some :jackass: :waxer:

Sad!
donald?
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh

troyguitar wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:46 pm $44k :truk: is :fuckyeah: but people think $20k :poorvette: means you're some :jackass: :waxer:

Sad!
Isn't that the philosophy in the entire state of Kentucky?

Unfair!
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

wap wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:38 pm
Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:32 pm Decided to go :fullretard: and I'm going to CQuartz the truck. Ordered a 50ml kit and I'll apply it during my vacation day on Monday. The paint is flawless right now, it's the time to do it. I'm curious if it'll help with inevitable scratches from tall grass and small tree branches.

I've never been happier with a vehicle. It's crazy, I absolutely love this thing. The color, the drive, the interior, everything. So much :wub:

The color's been getting a ton of comments at work. Laser blue wasn't produced long or on many trucks...most people are seeing it for the first time and are :mindblown: by how it looks.

:fuckyeah: :truk:
:notsure: More than with Gandalf post gearz/headz/brub stick?

Also, in4interiorpics
I think so. Out of the box, it's just awesome. Gandalf has been a roller coaster of emotions. I love having both of them, doe.

What do you want to see in the interior?
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

Sad!
I didn't pay $44k for it. I'm paying $7,500 in lease payments.

Still would have been better to buy some POS for $7,500, but whatever. I don't care.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
troyguitar
Drives: Trek Domane

Desertbreh wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:03 pm

Sad!
Isn't that the philosophy in the entire state of Kentucky?

Unfair!
:dat:

A challenger hellcat is also totally acceptable for a normal blue collar bro, they only take exception to cars with no back seats.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Detroit wrote:Decided to go :fullretard: and I'm going to CQuartz the truck. Ordered a 50ml kit and I'll apply it during my vacation day on Monday. The paint is flawless right now, it's the time to do it. I'm curious if it'll help with inevitable scratches from tall grass and small tree branches.

I've never been happier with a vehicle. It's crazy, I absolutely love this thing. The color, the drive, the interior, everything. So much :wub:

The color's been getting a ton of comments at work. Laser blue wasn't produced long or on many trucks...most people are seeing it for the first time and are :mindblown: by how it looks.

Yeah that color is amazing! It actually looks a lot like the GoRf in the shade... which coincidently is also awaiting the CQuartz treatment any day now. I've got the bottle, and may even start cleaning and prepping the paint tomorrow. It's really something that needs to get done right after a good clean so I'm thinking I'll paint correct for a few hrs tomorrow and then rewash it the next day and apply the coating. A little apprehensive about doing it wrong or missing some paint correction.
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:35 pm
Detroit wrote:Decided to go :fullretard: and I'm going to CQuartz the truck. Ordered a 50ml kit and I'll apply it during my vacation day on Monday. The paint is flawless right now, it's the time to do it. I'm curious if it'll help with inevitable scratches from tall grass and small tree branches.

Yeah that color is amazing! It actually looks a lot like the GoRf in the shade... which coincidently is also awaiting the CQuartz treatment any day now. I've got the bottle, and may even start cleaning and prepping the paint tomorrow. It's really something that needs to get done right after a good clean so I'm thinking I'll paint correct for a few hrs tomorrow and then rewash it the next day and apply the coating. A little apprehensive about doing it wrong or missing some paint correction.
Yep, prep is 90% of a CQuartz job. The sooner you do it, the better. BUT, I did the Volt which is a year and a half old at this point, and I didn't go :fullretard: on correction and it turned out great.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:35 pm Yeah that color is amazing! It actually looks a lot like the GoRf in the shade... which coincidently is also awaiting the CQuartz treatment any day now. I've got the bottle, and may even start cleaning and prepping the paint tomorrow. It's really something that needs to get done right after a good clean so I'm thinking I'll paint correct for a few hrs tomorrow and then rewash it the next day and apply the coating. A little apprehensive about doing it wrong or missing some paint correction.
Yep, prep is 90% of a CQuartz job. The sooner you do it, the better. BUT, I did the Volt which is a year and a half old at this point, and I didn't go :fullretard: on correction and it turned out great.
Wow, has it been that long already? :mindblown:

I'll give it a good wash, clay bar and buff this morning I think. If there's time I'll rewash it and try the stuff out. I feel like somethings going to derail me before then.

Are you just going to wash the truck really well and apply the stuff?
ChrisoftheNorth

Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:18 am
Detroit wrote: Yep, prep is 90% of a CQuartz job. The sooner you do it, the better. BUT, I did the Volt which is a year and a half old at this point, and I didn't go :fullretard: on correction and it turned out great.
Wow, has it been that long already? :mindblown:

I'll give it a good wash, clay bar and buff this morning I think. If there's time I'll rewash it and try the stuff out. I feel like somethings going to derail me before then.

We've only had the Volt for a year, but it spent 6-mos as a corporate-owned vehicle used at marketing events, etc...so it's paint was a bit more worn, but not by much. All I did was a clay, polish, iron-x rinse, wash, then eraser. Eraser apparently strips the paint of everything and prepares for the best bond possible for the CQuartz with the paint.

On my truck, the paint is flawless at the moment. I'll give it a wash, a quick iron-x rub down, another wash, then eraser and coat. I may do 3 coats on the sides for scratch protection, but we'll see...
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Detroit wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:15 pm
wap wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:38 pm

:notsure: More than with Gandalf post gearz/headz/brub stick?

Also, in4interiorpics
I think so. Out of the box, it's just awesome. Gandalf has been a roller coaster of emotions. I love having both of them, doe.

Anything but the gauges :yikes:
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Sad!

Still would have been better to buy some POS for $7,500, but whatever. I don't care.
I think you made the right call, dude :wub:
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:45 am

You go full :triggered: on them, but I don't get it. Yea, the screen isn't centered, but the tach is re-shaped to accommodate for it, so I think it looks just fine. They're better than the ATS gayges.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:46 am

I think you made the right call, dude :wub:
I have zero regrats. I fucking love this truck.
Apex
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:58 am
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:45 am
You go full :triggered: on them, but I don't get it. Yea, the screen isn't centered, but the tach is re-shaped to accommodate for it, so I think it looks just fine. They're better than the ATS gayges.
Pic?
ChrisoftheNorth

I dunno, they're not :mindblown: , but they're clear, easy to read, inoffensive, I have no issue with them at all.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:13 am Image

I dunno, they're not :mindblown: , but they're clear, easy to read, inoffensive, I have no issue with them at all.
Dats a diesel :doe: you didn't get that fancy $3500 Option
Apex
Drives: Abominable

:iono: looks fine to me.
ChrisoftheNorth

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:14 am

Dats a diesel :doe: you didn't get that fancy $3500 Option
The only difference is the tach. I really didn't want a diesel. The 3.6+8-speed is fantastic.
ChrisoftheNorth

Truck does have every factory option for the ZR2 other than diesel. The upgraded Bloze audio is legit :notbad:
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Is that divider below the fuel and temp gauges as asymetrical in real life at is looks in the pic?
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

wap wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:58 am

Is that divider below the fuel and temp gauges as asymetrical in real life at is looks in the pic?
NVM I just looked it up on line and it is symetrical.

Dash looks :notbad: to me :iono:
ChrisoftheNorth

No, it's symmetrical when head-on. The photo is at a slight angle.
wap

Detroit wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:01 pm

No, it's symmetrical when head-on. The photo is at a slight angle.
Yea I figured that out. See my previous post.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin

Detroit wrote:
Tarspin wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:18 am Wow, has it been that long already? :mindblown:

We've only had the Volt for a year, but it spent 6-mos as a corporate-owned vehicle used at marketing events, etc...so it's paint was a bit more worn, but not by much. All I did was a clay, polish, iron-x rinse, wash, then eraser. Eraser apparently strips the paint of everything and prepares for the best bond possible for the CQuartz with the paint.

On my truck, the paint is flawless at the moment. I'll give it a wash, a quick iron-x rub down, another wash, then eraser and coat. I may do 3 coats on the sides for scratch protection, but we'll see...
I'm diving in today, unfortunately don't have the iron-x stuff or eraser so I washed with dish soap, gave it a clay barring and another wash and good wipe down. Currently working with Sonax Profiline Medium Cut High Gloss (lighter cutting stuff). After a top notch wipe down I'll apply the CQuartz. Need to make it all happen by 430pm. It'll be as good as it can be at that point and then I'll leave it in the sun to bake as much as possible. It is what it is, since the paint is new there isn't that much paint correction to deal with.Image