IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:55 am
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:59 pm Update from the service manager:
They are going sensor by sensor through the wiring harness now. “A lengthy process”. Still don’t know what’s wrong with it.
that thing is going to be a rattle trap from this day forward, probably.
It's a post Covid build German luxury EV. It already was going to be one.
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:23 am
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:36 am

Nobody else is posting a single fucking thing, including me. Until you start interrupting "valuable" content, a highly questionable concept in this joint in the first place, your documentation of a vehicle that has shit the bed @ 55 miles has my attention.
exactly :dat:

This is pretty epic^^^^^^^^
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:04 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:55 am

that thing is going to be a rattle trap from this day forward, probably.
It's a post Covid build German luxury EV. It already was going to be one.
Nah. The i4 and IX Are the best riding and quiet vehicles I have ever driven. I truly struggle finding replacements that are better in that sense because they don’t exist until the bespoke ultra luxury levels. You have to essentially go Cullinan/Bentayga level to replicate the ride.

I’ll give credit where it’s due. The way both were built (paint quality, door/panel gaps) was flawless … the conundrum at hand is the cluster fuck bmw instilled on their dealers in terms of service.
Last edited by max225 on Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
max225

So … fairly useless update today.

Case manager from bmw called. He was the 2nd person that called and confirmed that a buyback was wanted.

Was a fairly useless convo other than him stating that this takes about 20-30 days and that he will find out what the settlement is from his superiors and communicate if it was approved to me.

Completely superfluous person imo. Hopefully this moves forward without the usual the said she said. I’d hate to get legal representation
max225

Aaand another update from the SA.

I Just checked in to make sure we’re ok with the loaner as it’s now well past a month …

He mentioned that the sensor by sensor process they were working on yesterday yielded no results and they are waiting on “Germany” again. Go figure :amazing:

I see a pattern now …

Every Tues/wed they work on the car … when that doesn’t work. They send a question to Germany every Thursday/Friday. And they get an answer every Tuesday … rinse and repeat … happened 4x now.

Also for those keeping track:
SA- working with me on loaner and sporadic updates
SM- working with me and with factory rep on next steps
Factory rep- never talked to but involved in back
End
1800 rep 1- set up case
1800 rep 2- followed up yesterday to see if car was still to be bought back
1800 rep 3- supposed case manager will follow up soon on next steps… awaiting his superiors to make buyback decision.

That is the number of people interacted with this week.

Day counter = 41
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:16 pm Aaand another update from the SA.

I Just checked in to make sure we’re ok with the loaner as it’s now well past a month …

He mentioned that the sensor by sensor process they were working on yesterday yielded no results and they are waiting on “Germany” again. Go figure :amazing:

I see a pattern now …

Every Tues/wed they work on the car … when that doesn’t work. They send a question to Germany every Thursday/Friday. And they get an answer every Tuesday … rinse and repeat … happened 4x now.

End
1800 rep 1- set up case
1800 rep 3- supposed case manager will follow up soon on next steps… awaiting his superiors to make buyback decision.

Day counter = 41
:impressive:

I'm certainly interested to see where this goes, what they offer, etc. This plus possible jettison of the :taco: , talks of fun family car.... so much :popcorn:
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

D Griff wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:26 pm
max225 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:16 pm Aaand another update from the SA.

I see a pattern now …

End
1800 rep 1- set up case

Day counter = 41

I'm certainly interested to see where this goes, what they offer, etc. This plus possible jettison of the :taco: , talks of fun family car.... so much :popcorn:
poverty bmw convertible lyfe. should be plenty used in socal.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

My money is on them dangling cash in front of you in hopes of finally finding a fix. Nobody's buying a lemon/buyback EV with 50 miles on it.

:gonbgud:
max225

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:25 pm My money is on them dangling cash in front of you in hopes of finally finding a fix. Nobody's buying a lemon/buyback EV with 50 miles on it.

To be fair it was 511 miles. 300 miles came on it during my first and only road trip for our “babymoon”. The problem occurred at 200 miles or so
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

Gberg2119 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:25 pm My money is on them dangling cash in front of you in hopes of finally finding a fix. Nobody's buying a lemon/buyback EV with 50 miles on it.

If they dangle cash, and Max decides it’s worth taking and living with the car once fixed, how does that impact possible future issues? If some other sensor or whatever goes haywire and he’s out of the car for another 30+ days can he then lemon the car then or would BMW tell him to get fucked since they already gave him money.
max225

SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:34 pm

If they dangle cash, and Max decides it’s worth taking and living with the car once fixed, how does that impact possible future issues? If some other sensor or whatever goes haywire and he’s out of the car for another 30+ days can he then lemon the car then or would BMW tell him to get fucked since they already gave him money.
That’s a good question… I don’t believe keeping the car is an option for me at this point. I have no idea how much fuckery they may or may not have done with it.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

:smrt:

The best option is probably to :nuke: it. But like fled said, it'll be interesting to see the amount they put in front of him, if any.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Any cash accepted is factored in to future buyback calculations and credited out of the final amount.

Can always take the cash and sell the car privately. It won’t have a branded title with a “cash and keep” offer.
SAWCE

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:05 pm

Any cash accepted is factored in to future buyback calculations and credited out of the final amount.

Can always take the cash and sell the car privately. It won’t have a branded title with a “cash and keep” offer.
Makes sense.

If cash is taken and a car does end up back in service for 30+ days it seems like that’d be the time to lawyer up.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:40 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:05 pm

Makes sense.

If cash is taken and a car does end up back in service for 30+ days it seems like that’d be the time to lawyer up.
A waste at that point.

Owner’s gone through the process once already. They’ll just go back to buying it back minus cash already paid. Manufacturer will lay down quicker than a cheap whore.
SAWCE

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:51 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:40 pm

Makes sense.

A waste at that point.

Owner’s gone through the process once already. They’ll just go back to buying it back minus cash already paid. Manufacturer will lay down quicker than a cheap whore.
Ah. Figured the lawyer might be able to help get them to not count the cash already paid.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:06 pm
fledonfoot wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:51 pm
A waste at that point.

Ah. Figured the lawyer might be able to help get them to not count the cash already paid.
You sign it as part of the contract to accept the payment.
SAWCE

fledonfoot wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:57 pm
SAWCE wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:06 pm

You sign it as part of the contract to accept the payment.
max225

I’d probably take the a low 5 figure pay out and keep rolling in a broken IX. I still really like the car. But that’s likely not going to happen. I’d be shocked if the offer is anything over net 0.

I also have $400 in mats :disgust: and still sitting on the new plates that I never even had a chance to put on the car.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:48 pm I’d probably take the a low 5 figure pay out and keep rolling in a broken IX. I still really like the car. But that’s likely not going to happen. I’d be shocked if the offer is anything over net 0.

I also have $400 in mats :disgust: and still sitting on the new plates that I never even had a chance to put on the car.
Include the receipts for the mats.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I maintain that there’s no way I’d keep this pile of shit. No matter how nice it is to drive or how deep the quilting is on the seats.

Good updates are good. This is blowing my mind that it’s taking so long to repair.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:18 am I maintain that there’s no way I’d keep this pile of shit. No matter how nice it is to drive or how deep the quilting is on the seats.

Good updates are good. This is blowing my mind that it’s taking so long to repair.
Right ? It’s at the minimum going to be there Tuesday which is pretty much 50 days. And the worst part is .. there is no path to getting it fixed THEY STILL DONT KNOW how.

If it was a clear answer like “it’s 100% this part we’re just waiting on it to arrive and it’s on back order” it would be one thing. But I literally have 0 confidence they know what they are doing. Something in that whole supply chain + getting info from Germany is completely broken
Desertbreh

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:18 am I maintain that there’s no way I’d keep this pile of shit. No matter how nice it is to drive or how deep the quilting is on the seats.

+1. Time for full reverse to the Defender store.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
golftdibrad1
Drives: on used bald tires

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:18 am I maintain that there’s no way I’d keep this pile of shit.
:dat:

maybe if it was a lease, MAYBE. But owing it? :nope:
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Desertbreh

golftdibrad1 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:27 am
Johnny_P wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:18 am I maintain that there’s no way I’d keep this pile of shit.
:dat:

maybe if it was a lease, MAYBE. But owing it? :nope:
It's a lease.