Waxer's Haus of Wax

Strut your greasy stuff!
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Does your credit card have some kind of liquid cooling to handle the high operating frequencies?
Desertbreh

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:43 pm Does your credit card have some kind of liquid cooling to handle the high operating frequencies?

AMEX INTERCOOLED PLATINUM BRAH.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

troyguitar wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:43 pm Does your credit card have some kind of liquid cooling to handle the high operating frequencies?
The card issuer handles that on the back end. :lol:
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Put the Fender kit and Ducati Performance rear turn signals on the Monster:

Before:

After:

Looks much cleaner, I don't think the pics do it enough justice. Oh, and here's the SC-Project pipe:

SixSpeeder
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: Fiat

Whatcha carrying when you ride each? I vote a Beretta on the Duc, and a 500 S&W on the hog. Accessorize :zing:
dyslexic wrote:DO YOU FEEL FEAR
SixSpeeder

Dat fender is much better
Davestr
Drives: 17 M2 14 M235

Well done. Bike looks tight!
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Added the Daymaker headlight since I was bored and waiting on the wife. Also added the black front axle nut covers.

Before:

After:

The after also shows the chopped crash bar better.

So, the light was a kinda shitty install. It's a universal light and they have you buy an adapter harness...... step 1. of the instructions for the Touring bikes? "Cut off the connector on the adapter harness and the connectors on the motorcycle harness." Then you use crimp connectors to wire it up. WTF.

It's working, but tomorrow I think I'm going to cut all the connections, solder and shrink tube them together. I'll feel a lot better about it, but left my spool of solder at work, so I need to grab some more before I can do it.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Looking 5/7 there waxer!

Sucks about those install instructions.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

SixSpeeder wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:41 pm Whatcha carrying when you ride each? I vote a Beretta on the Duc, and a 500 S&W on the hog. Accessorize :zing:
I need to get a couple holster options for the saddlebags, but the last few days I have been carrying this:

Kimber Ultra CDP II with a polished trigger/sear, removed swartz safety and slim linen micarta grips with Hornady Critical Defense 185 Grain .45 ACP.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

[user not found] wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:01 am I love this bread so much. Putting the :waxer: back in :waxer:

DINK lyfe rulez.
:dat: :fuckyeah:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

And I'm not really a motorcycle guy, but dat Harley is :jimp:
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

I like the new headlight and fender and crash bars. They look rad.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:15 am
Detroit wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:20 am And I'm not really a motorcycle guy, but dat Harley is :jimp:
I don't really hate the bikes I just hate the riders.
Douches gonna douche, even on foot.
SixSpeeder

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:57 am
SixSpeeder wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:41 pm Whatcha carrying when you ride each? I vote a Beretta on the Duc, and a 500 S&W on the hog. Accessorize :zing:
I need to get a couple holster options for the saddlebags, but the last few days I have been carrying this:

Kimber Ultra CDP II with a polished trigger/sear, removed swartz safety and slim linen micarta grips with Hornady Critical Defense 185 Grain .45 ACP.
Purty :like:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:18 pm Put the Fender kit and Ducati Performance rear turn signals on the Monster:

Before:

After:

Looks much cleaner, I don't think the pics do it enough justice. Oh, and here's the SC-Project pipe:

:fuckyeah: also :bravo: for unintentional aperture lensing of the sun through driveshaft.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:02 pm

:bravo: amaze post from desertbreh, as per usual.
brain go brrrrrr
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

Detroit wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:20 am And I'm not really a motorcycle guy, but dat Harley is :jimp:
i rented a harley in TN with the wife once before she was all :nope: on motorbikes.

Man, its a tool for a job. there probably aint a better touring bike if thats your thing.
brain go brrrrrr
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:26 pm

i rented a harley in TN with the wife once before she was all :nope: on motorbikes.

Man, its a tool for a job. there probably aint a better touring bike if thats your thing.
It is very different, for sure. I'm used to sport bikes, so the ride is way weird in comparison.

Initially I thought I would need to do the stage 4 114 cubic inch upgrade for power..... But the torque on this thing is insane and grabs your gut when you open the throttle, even when trying to abide by the break in rules.
Desertbreh

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:24 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:02 pm

:bravo: amaze post from desertbreh, as per usual.
:wub:
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

[user not found] wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:23 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:26 pm

Missed the point of my statement. I dig the bikes. I can get it.

But the riders, doe...

Looks at those loud pipes saving lives.
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
rockchops
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class

[user not found] wrote:
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:26 pm i rented a harley in TN with the wife once before she was all :nope: on motorbikes.

Missed the point of my statement. I dig the bikes. I can get it.

But the riders, doe...

Holy shit. Code brown on both sides. Darwin on one side.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

About to pull the trigger and order SwissTrax flooring for the garage to replace all the RaceDeck tiles I installed a few years ago.

The RaceDeck is good, but after getting a sample of a couple of the SwissTrax tiles I am blown away. The SwissTrax is 3/4 of an inch thick vs 1/2 inch on the RaceDeck tiles, which make them much more rigid and they also don't seem to "clack" when you walk on them. They are working a deal with me on a special for 20% off, flat rate $199 shipping free edging pieces (ramp like for the garage entrance) and a discount to offset sales tax.

Need to pick my color scheme, then order them. Will clean up the RaceDeck and put it on :crang: slist.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:21 am About to pull the trigger and order SwissTrax flooring for the garage to replace all the RaceDeck tiles I installed a few years ago.

The RaceDeck is good, but after getting a sample of a couple of the SwissTrax tiles I am blown away. The SwissTrax is 3/4 of an inch thick vs 1/2 inch on the RaceDeck tiles, which make them much more rigid and they also don't seem to "clack" when you walk on them. They are working a deal with me on a special for 20% off, flat rate $199 shipping free edging pieces (ramp like for the garage entrance) and a discount to offset sales tax.

Need to pick my color scheme, then order them. Will clean up the RaceDeck and put it on :crang: slist.
serious question: what's wrong with concrete?
brain go brrrrrr
ChrisoftheNorth

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:21 am About to pull the trigger and order SwissTrax flooring for the garage to replace all the RaceDeck tiles I installed a few years ago.

I work with someone who did swisstrax in their garage and she can't stop raving about it. Looks 5/7, definitely worth the price premium over racedeck.