IX-Lemon Life.

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

You’re giving me shit for not wanting to hold on to a car that is expected to spend 30+ days at a dealer while under 30 days old ?

:gtfo: that’s literally what lemon laws are for. Of course I don’t want it at that point. Fuck the dealer and fuck bmw. They are incapable of keeping a functioning product on the road in a reasonable amount of time. I could give a fuck who ends up stuck with bill.

That’s why I paid for a car with a warranty. I’m going to shed 0 crocodile tears for either party here for being inept
MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

Whatever helps you sleep at night. :plac: away!
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

MrH42 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:26 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:53 pm
I haven’t gotten shit from anyone other than a loaner car that is inferior to mine as far as age and the spec I actually paid for.

So while it is nice that I’m getting a comparable car and I’m grateful it happened.

I have also partaken in an abysmal customer experience here with multiple hard resets of the car to see if it would remedy the problem, multiple dealer visits (to drop off car and pick up loaner).

And multiple interactions with the staff on securing loaner which was first not offered period, then attempts to get us into another car because we’ve had it too long etc.

Calls to bmwFS who points to the dealer who points us to bmw. And original dealer who told us to kick rocks.

This is shit. I don’t agree with putting this back on me. And calling me two faced. That’s just a low blow man

You already told us you don't need the car and don't want it anymore. You're purposely staying quiet in hopes the dealer slips past the lemon law period. I think that's pretty unethical to at least not let the dealer know you're unhappy with the rate it's going and you expect it to be resolved within the 30 days. You're keeping them in the dark on purpose so you can :plac: away with costing you a dime. It is what it is :iono:

on the other hand his woman is about to imminently pop out :baby: , and this car is what they bought specifically for kid hauling, and why would he risk floating that threat and them yanking the loaner and telling him to get fucked right as he is about to have to deal with a major stressful life event?

No, mr H, Max is doing no wrong here. I chalk up any shit talking to us as venting to a friendly room.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Gotta agree with the majority on this one
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

I do not understand why there is this overriding concern that a BMW :dillerman: is treated with kid gloves. They are sharks, like Steve Wynn.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:52 pm Hm. I’d dump the pile of shit if it was me. You buy a new car so you don’t deal with this. I see nothing wrong with Max’s approach here. Dealer / BMW knows the risk of a lemon law coming at them if it’s not finished within 30 days.

If BMW doesn’t have the spare parts available to keep a brand new $100k car running… then that’s their problem to figure out.
:dat:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

MrH42 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:26 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:53 pm
I haven’t gotten shit from anyone other than a loaner car that is inferior to mine as far as age and the spec I actually paid for.

So while it is nice that I’m getting a comparable car and I’m grateful it happened.

I have also partaken in an abysmal customer experience here with multiple hard resets of the car to see if it would remedy the problem, multiple dealer visits (to drop off car and pick up loaner).

And multiple interactions with the staff on securing loaner which was first not offered period, then attempts to get us into another car because we’ve had it too long etc.

Calls to bmwFS who points to the dealer who points us to bmw. And original dealer who told us to kick rocks.

This is shit. I don’t agree with putting this back on me. And calling me two faced. That’s just a low blow man

You already told us you don't need the car and don't want it anymore. You're purposely staying quiet in hopes the dealer slips past the lemon law period. I think that's pretty unethical to at least not let the dealer know you're unhappy with the rate it's going and you expect it to be resolved within the 30 days. You're keeping them in the dark on purpose so you can :plac: away with costing you a dime. It is what it is :iono:
But shouldn’t it be assumed anyone would be unhappy if they bought a new car and almost immediately had to have it in service for a month? It seems that’s a given. Also the dealer and manufacturer should be pretty well aware of lemon laws and how they work.

I don’t think he’s being two faced by being nice to the people at the dealer, that is just standard practice of being a reasonable human.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 12:18 am
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:52 pm Hm. I’d dump the pile of shit if it was me. You buy a new car so you don’t deal with this. I see nothing wrong with Max’s approach here. Dealer / BMW knows the risk of a lemon law coming at them if it’s not finished within 30 days.

If BMW doesn’t have the spare parts available to keep a brand new $100k car running… then that’s their problem to figure out.
:dat:
Second :dat: reason for getting a new car means avoiding eventualities (aka peace of mind) that max is facing right now. That is not even remotely ok.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

In other random news…
I just realized that the loaner has 4 wheel steering and soft close doors. :wtf: neither are advertised features
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

max225 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:29 pm In other random news…
I just realized that the loaner has 4 wheel steering and soft close doors. :wtf: neither are advertised features
Mmmm soft close
max225

Day 23 … washed the exterior of the loaner today. It was getting too dirty.
golftdibrad1

max225 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:51 pm Image

Day 23 … washed the exterior of the loaner today. It was getting too dirty.
LOL you washed their car. You are a special breed comrade
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

Call me two faced but I would feel guilty shitting on someone’s car and returning it in a worse shape than I got it in.
golftdibrad1

max225 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:15 am Call me two faced but I would feel guilty shitting on someone’s car and returning it in a worse shape than I got it in.
heh. to be a fly on the wall for that convo on day 30. "hey im lemon law-ing this POS here is the loaner back; I washed it for you." :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
max225

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:22 am
max225 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:15 am Call me two faced but I would feel guilty shitting on someone’s car and returning it in a worse shape than I got it in.
heh. to be a fly on the wall for that convo on day 30. "hey im lemon law-ing this POS here is the loaner back; I washed it for you." :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
Yup. To add :muah: to it, it will likely be a call from the fucking hospital.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Hey Comrade, found this local to me

Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
max225

MexicanYarisTK wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:09 pm Hey Comrade, found this local to me

That's :neat:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Very :neat: !

$30K though?
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:22 am
:dat: :lolgasm:

I get washing it though, living in filth sucks regardless of who owns the car.
max225

Day 26 update... 1400 miles driven on the loaner... I forgot what my actual car looks like.
I am going to keep the car charged @ or near 100% starting Friday just in case.
Crotchfruit carrier installed in the Loaner for the upcoming :nuke:

Lots of anxiety to go around that's for sure.
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:16 pm Day 26 update... 1400 miles driven on the loaner... I forgot what my actual car looks like.

Unreal

Hats off man. I would be losing hair due to stress.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:49 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:16 pm Day 26 update... 1400 miles driven on the loaner... I forgot what my actual car looks like.

Unreal

Lost water and internet this morning :wub: gotta roll with the punches I suppose. At the end of the day they all first world problems.

I’m just trying to wrap up work. So that I can help out more at home.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:21 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:49 pm

Unreal

Lost water and internet this morning :wub: gotta roll with the punches I suppose. At the end of the day they all first world problems.

Your company at the end of its fiscal year, or do you follow the calendar and are just entering the last quarter of the fiscal year?

They give you any decent amount of paid paternity leave?
max225

SAWCE wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:50 pm
max225 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:21 pm

Your company at the end of its fiscal year, or do you follow the calendar and are just entering the last quarter of the fiscal year?

They give you any decent amount of paid paternity leave?
Technically I get “epic” parental leave of 18 weeks. But I’m coming back in 3 because otherwise I won’t have a job Imo.

Fiscal year end is not for another 6 months
max225