Official DFD - Election 2016 - MEGA THREAD

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
randommadness
Spinbait
Spinbait
Drives: dick rocket

I just enjoy all the folks who are blaming the "not properly equipped/educated/etc" for Trump vs. how much this speaks for how bad a candidate she is/was.
I'm just here to cuddle.
Johnny_P
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Thedude wrote:
Detroit wrote: Yesterday is a prime example of that.

People are not properly equipped/educated/etc to chose a proper leader.
I felt that this is the exact reason Obama got two terms... ridiculous outreach efforts to uninformed, uneducated, low income minority voters who were made promises that (mostly) didn't come to fruition and this cycle became less enthusiastic about being used for their votes.
Obama pulled massive minority votes both times

I didn't think the country would burn and rot either way during those elections though. Both times there were pretty solid candidates.
Johnny_P

randommadness wrote:I just enjoy all the folks who are blaming the "not properly equipped/educated/etc" for Trump vs. how much this speaks for how bad a candidate she is/was.
Yep
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

Big Brain Bradley wrote:
troyguitar wrote: How about weigh the votes according to net worth? Rich people have the best judgment.

that would be stupid.

But the idea is to make sure you have a vested interest in the way the country is run via taxes.... and not just voting for people that will give you more free shit.
Right, because poor people WANT to be poor.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

randommadness wrote:I just enjoy all the folks who are blaming the "not properly equipped/educated/etc" for Trump vs. how much this speaks for how bad a candidate she is/was.
Bernie was 100% correct when he said he was the only candidate who could defeat Donald Trump and yet the DNC/Media had other ideas.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Johnny_P wrote:
Thedude wrote: I felt that this is the exact reason Obama got two terms... ridiculous outreach efforts to uninformed, uneducated, low income minority voters who were made promises that (mostly) didn't come to fruition and this cycle became less enthusiastic about being used for their votes.
Obama pulled massive minority votes both times

I didn't think the country would burn and rot either way during those elections though. Both times there were pretty solid candidates.
We always get by. We always will.
Johnny_P

Thedude wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Obama pulled massive minority votes both times

We always get by. We always will.
Oh I'm sure. Really the Republicunts don't like the guy either, and many did not support him. His policies won't blindly pass through congress, but will be met with less opposition than in a majority Democrat senate/house.

I do worry about the immigrants and Muslims though. Really not sure what will happen there.
randommadness
Spinbait
Spinbait

[user not found] wrote:Frankly I should just get to pick.
:picks:

Asks:

I'm just here to cuddle.
randommadness
Spinbait
Spinbait

Thedude wrote:
Bernie was 100% correct when he said he was the only candidate who could defeat Donald Trump and yet the DNC/Media had other ideas.

I was watching with an apparent Democrat last night... she had the audacity to say "Bernie could have done more to help."

I was like.. que la fuck? Did you miss that part where his own party conspired against him?? lol
I'm just here to cuddle.
Melon
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Blue things, Orange thing

:thankstrump:
4zilch wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:46 am I'm a fucking failure.
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Detroit wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Boaty McBoatface

Honestly. And I'll probably catch a lot of shit for this. But China isn't all wrong when they say allowing the citizens to vote for whomever they want to hold office is a bad idea. This will be used around the world as an example of how democracy doesn't work.
Yesterday is a prime example of that.

People are not properly equipped/educated/etc to chose a proper leader.
Yeah. I wonder how many people voted the way I voted. I looked up a sample ballot, and researched each candidate for each election, and based my decisions on that.
:therapist:
randommadness
Spinbait
Spinbait

I'll be honest I definitely didn't research the candidates for House/Senate here. I went with a Libertarian ticket for those :P

I did research all our issues doe

: okay :
I'm just here to cuddle.
Calvinball

Johnny_P wrote:
Thedude wrote: We always get by. We always will.
Oh I'm sure. Really the Republicunts don't like the guy either, and many did not support him. His policies won't blindly pass through congress, but will be met with less opposition than in a majority Democrat senate/house.

I do worry about the immigrants and Muslims though. Really not sure what will happen there.
The immigrant thing...I just don't see how that could even logistically be done.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

randommadness wrote:
Thedude wrote: Bernie was 100% correct when he said he was the only candidate who could defeat Donald Trump and yet the DNC/Media had other ideas.

I was watching with an apparent Democrat last night... she had the audacity to say "Bernie could have done more to help."

I was like.. que la fuck? Did you miss that part where his own party conspired against him?? lol
i just punched myself in the balls
Johnny_P

Calvinball wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: Oh I'm sure. Really the Republicunts don't like the guy either, and many did not support him. His policies won't blindly pass through congress, but will be met with less opposition than in a majority Democrat senate/house.

The immigrant thing...I just don't see how that could even logistically be done.
It's in deadlock with the Supreme Court. He has ability to appoint 2 justices. He will appoint Republicunts and that will be that.

Then he's threatened economic backlash to countries that don't take their immigrants back.
Johnny_P

Thedude wrote:
randommadness wrote:

i just punched myself in the balls
Yeah the Dems decided a long time ago that HRC would be their nominee.
Calvinball

There's a general inability and/or unwillingness to even try to see things from the other side's perspective. I am not exactly happy about the outcome, but I am telling those I encounter who are all doom and gloom "so now you know how millions of people felt when Obama was elected."

Millions of people thought he was going to destroy the country, and while there was a racial aspect to that, as there is this time (just reversed), I really don't buy that hundreds of millions of voters are racist assholes who then hated Obama just cause of the color of his skin, and this time support Trump because they think he joins them in hatred of muslims etc. They're just people like the rest of us with different views on life in this country and how it should be run.

The other side gets painted in broad strokes with the most extreme characterizations, and that just perpetuates the divide.
Calvinball

Johnny_P wrote:
Calvinball wrote:
It's in deadlock with the Supreme Court. He has ability to appoint 2 justices. He will appoint Republicunts and that will be that.

Then he's threatened economic backlash to countries that don't take their immigrants back.
I'm not talking about legalities. I'm talking logistics.
Johnny_P

Calvinball wrote:
Johnny_P wrote: It's in deadlock with the Supreme Court. He has ability to appoint 2 justices. He will appoint Republicunts and that will be that.

I'm not talking about legalities. I'm talking logistics.
It would be extremely expensive and probably involve our military.
randommadness
Spinbait
Spinbait

Calvinball wrote:
There's a general inability and/or unwillingness to even try to see things from the other side's perspective. I am not exactly happy about the outcome, but I am telling those I encounter who are all doom and gloom "so now you know how millions of people felt when Obama was elected."

Millions of people thought he was going to destroy the country, and while there was a racial aspect to that, as there is this time (just reversed), I really don't buy that hundreds of millions of voters are racist assholes who then hated Obama just cause of the color of his skin, and this time support Trump because they think he joins them in hatred of muslims etc. They're just people like the rest of us with different views on life in this country and how it should be run.

The other side gets painted in broad strokes with the most extreme characterizations, and that just perpetuates the divide.
I like the non-partisan write-up here. :like: Could literally work for either side. :jizz:
I'm just here to cuddle.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Calvinball wrote:

Yeah man, my Dad literally got physically ill when Romney was defeated.
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Extremely classy speech just made by HRC.
Calvinball

Wasn't his victory speech pretty good too?
Thedude
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Calvinball wrote:Wasn't his victory speech pretty good too?
I agree. I was actually still awake to see it (and I'm paying for that today). I really hope that both of their messages get through and the divisiveness does heal.
Calvinball

Thedude wrote:
Calvinball wrote:Wasn't his victory speech pretty good too?
I agree. I was actually still awake to see it (and I'm paying for that today). I really hope that both of their messages get through and the divisiveness does heal.
Time will tell!