DYELB: The Gainz Train

Health, fitness, and nutrition freaks, lets see those gainz.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Had a good back and shoulder workout. Been trying to work on grip strength, so did weighted hangs at the very end of my work out. 3 sets hanging from a pull-up bar for 30 seconds at a time with a 25lb weight hanging from my waist. Next time I'll go up to 35lbs and see if I can still get all three for the full 30 seconds.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

moving as usual disrupted the gym schedule. But I got back to do some lifting after a week of not lifting last night, and it was good.

Fucking asshats on the squat rack and leg machine doe, did not get any leg work done :rage:
brain go brrrrrr
lagunasecaballs
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: All the E46 M3s

Big Brain Bradley wrote:moving as usual disrupted the gym schedule. But I got back to do some lifting after a week of not lifting last night, and it was good.

Fucking asshats on the squat rack and leg machine doe, did not get any leg work done :rage:
:disappoint: So many people using the squat rack for arm day. :disappoint:
Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Lifting is on hold for the rest of the week. I was doing so well too.
:therapist:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

Desertbreh wrote:Squatted 325 X8, 325 X5 this morning. Meh. Decent but I was hoping for a blow the doors off lift and the doors remained on. Should mention that Trump was probably responsible.
:thankstrump:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote:Had a good back and shoulder workout. Been trying to work on grip strength, so did weighted hangs at the very end of my work out. 3 sets hanging from a pull-up bar for 30 seconds at a time with a 25lb weight hanging from my waist. Next time I'll go up to 35lbs and see if I can still get all three for the full 30 seconds.
I've been doing a lot of weighted chins, weighted hanging leg raises and weighted pull ups. It seems to be really helping improve my grip, especially doing it after dead lifts.

SAWCE

D Griff wrote:
SAWCE wrote:Had a good back and shoulder workout. Been trying to work on grip strength, so did weighted hangs at the very end of my work out. 3 sets hanging from a pull-up bar for 30 seconds at a time with a 25lb weight hanging from my waist. Next time I'll go up to 35lbs and see if I can still get all three for the full 30 seconds.
I've been doing a lot of weighted chins, weighted hanging leg raises and weighted pull ups. It seems to be really helping improve my grip, especially doing it after dead lifts.

Nice. The pump I get in my forearms from these is insane. It'll be sweet if I can add an inch or two of circumference to them by doing this. Big forearms make your whole arm look massive.
Desertbreh

215 X 3, 215X 1 on bench. Gainz, though but a shadow of the Arizona Destroyer.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Had this stomach ache this morning so I only got my 335 pulled three times for fear of shitting my britches.

D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

:thankstrump:

Calvinball
Drives: Pumpkin, Hellcat edition

Back is feeling much better today. I still will abstain from the gym again tomorrow though.
:therapist:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Haven't been really seeing any huge results with 5/3/1 in a while on the other three lifts, but squats remain pretty solidly increasing. I would say this was my weakest lift before, so that's a nice thing. Today in my squat work out I did 265X8, definitely never repped much above 225 before the Wendler thing, so while it's not :mindblown: Jaxper-esque results, sometimes I just need to accept my un-athletic genetics and enjoy what I can get.

I do notice that my e1RM goes down with each week for the cycle, I appear to be stronger in all lifts at doing more reps with less weight. I'd be curious to know what my real 1RM numbers are. I'm skeptical that I could squat 333.
SAWCE

I should do 531 for my four big lifts again. The scheduled deload would be good for me
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Had a pretty solid night:
OHP: 130 - 5 x 5
Bench: 195 - 3 x 8
LTE/Skullcrusher: 75 - 3 x 12

Debating on whether I continue 20lb jumps on squat tomorrow or go down to 10lb jumps. :iono:
SAWCE

Just did an arm day for fun since my schedule is off this week from the weekend and the holiday
SAWCE

My gym closes at 3 on Wednesday. :disappoint:
Apex

SAWCE wrote:Just did an arm day for fun since my schedule is off this week from the weekend and the holiday
Bro gonna bro.
Apex

SAWCE wrote:My gym closes at 3 on Wednesday. :disappoint:
:disgust:
SAWCE

Apex wrote:
SAWCE wrote:My gym closes at 3 on Wednesday. :disappoint:
:disgust:
Right?

I'll ring my gym bag to work and try to do a little something something at the gym on base. They just got some new equipment a few weeks ago.

Then I'll take Thursday and Friday off and hit it up again Saturday.
Apex

SAWCE wrote:
Apex wrote: :disgust:
Right?

I'll ring my gym bag to work and try to do a little something something at the gym on base. They just got some new equipment a few weeks ago.

:notbad: Gotta keep dem gainzZz.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote:
Apex wrote: :disgust:
Right?

:bruh: , you're allowed to bring a gun to work on base? :mindblown:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Had bench day for 531 today. I hit 230X7... meh, I want Arabzona levels of bench again, I used to be there.
SAWCE

Arabzona :lolol:
SAWCE

Arms last night was fun.. Started with dumbbell curls, then hit the preacher machine, then finally used the arm blaster. This is only the second gym I've ever seen one at. Felt pretty cool, I'll probably start incorporating it. Finished biceps off with a hammer curl drop set.

Triceps I started with cable extensions with the rope attachment, then hit single arm overhead dumbbell extensions, overhand cable extensions, then finished off with a machine dip drop set.

Thinking I'll have today be just a shoulder day.. See how my triceps feel trying to press like that.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

SAWCE wrote:Arms last night was fun.. Started with dumbbell curls, then hit the preacher machine, then finally used the arm blaster. This is only the second gym I've ever seen one at. Felt pretty cool, I'll probably start incorporating it. Finished biceps off with a hammer curl drop set.

Triceps I started with cable extensions with the rope attachment, then hit single arm overhead dumbbell extensions, overhand cable extensions, then finished off with a machine dip drop set.

Thinking I'll have today be just a shoulder day.. See how my triceps feel trying to press like that.
:notbad:

Hopefully your tris aren't beat from yesterday for OHP.

I'd be curious to compare doing arms days versus not and if it makes a difference in size. I used to roll with arms day/chest and back day/leg day, now I typically do one or two sets of arms at every workout, rotating between bis and tris.

Basically, bis get hit on squat and DL day, tris on bench and OHP day. I think my arms are as big as they were when I used to do arm days.