President Trump

Want to pledge allegiance to the Drumpf? Clash with Caspian? Scared of the stickers on your mailbox? Let's hear it.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Melon wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:05 am The issue they're trying to bring awareness to is a real issue. They could use their celebrity status to bring focus to it in a different way, to get people to listen, but they went with shock and awe approach, ok.

The flag is just a flag, and the national anthem is just a song, being an American goes so much deeper than that.
Sure, it's natural to get upset, but to call on them to be fired, for the president to bring such attention on this issue is :ludachris:
He really shouldn't have anything to say on the subject, it's his duty to uphold the law of the land, not comment on it.

Maybe we should treat our returning soldiers better :iono:
:bravo:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:08 am
Yep
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:50 am So Trump has gotten even more :fullretard: lately....

I'll start

football.

:triggered:
He used sport to try to divide people with the whole Stephen Curry not wanting to come to the white house. Trump called the Kaepatrick son of a bitch, and they all joined the kneeling bandwagon. Even some veterans did. Some trump supporters are like seeing trump as this one "cool" friend you start to hang with and you pretty much stop associating with things on what they don't like, like burning football jerseys/tickets. One local bar did this
http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/v ... m-protests

Not to mention, on the last superbowl party I went to, about 40 minutes towards West of Virginia (bumfuck nowhere) half the people there were trump supporters. My mom's and my cousin's friend's second(current) husband is a Trump supporter, and so are his buddies. I wonder how they react now.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

my commentary on the whole anthem thing is as follows.

I think its disrespectful. but hey, it worked
meanwhile, the ncaa shit brix when tebow took a knee for god
or was it nfl? :whocares:
double standard is :lolz:
This is a private contract matter with those rich fucks
in the future the owners should write better contracts if they disagree with this behavior

RE: ye olde Trumps commentary:
you know he has the power to pull his sponsorship from the nfl, via the DOD
if he disagrees. do that
stop advertising during the game
stop the flyovers
Furthermore:
don't subsidize the stadiums
revoke the NFL's tax break (which is YUGE and :disappoint: )

Meanwhile, the thing they are protesting is a real, valid issue that deserves our attention and discussion.
brain go brrrrrr
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: 1986 Hyundai Excel, 351C swap

wap wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:13 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:39 am

I just would like to see them to make their living in another country, where race really is an issue today.
Why should they have to leave the country to make a statement they believe in when race really is an issue right here?
I'm just saying it's not as bad as they play it out to be today here and there are far worse places to be that they could focus on. Every day people are dying and killing to get here and they aren't all white people. If it was so bad, I would think that the number of minorities would dwindle fast.

I also don't buy into paying people for something that was done to their ancestors 400 years ago. Nobody owes you anything, if anything you should be slightly glad you were born here and are a citizen.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Even though I'm not born here, I'm atleast glad that I look like a white person, citizen and no accent.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer
Drives: '04 R32, '90 Miata, '17 CB300F

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:27 am Meanwhile, the thing they are protesting is a real, valid issue that deserves our attention and discussion.
This, right here, is why I see it as trumping :zing: any notion of it being disrespectful. I'm not, by any means saying you or anyone cannot say or feel it is disrespectful, that opinion is perfectly valid under the same notion of free speech that is invoked with said protest.

Frankly, it is a stupid fight for Orange Julius Ceasar to have picked. The NFL kneeling was almost dying down with Kap seemingly blackballed from the league. I don't think the blackballing is right, but I have no control over it; slightly different issue. Same with the Russia shit, OJC pours gasoline on a fire that was smoldering and dying out. It is also hypocritical given how the OJC himself had to be reminded by his wife to pay attention when the anthem is playing. Puerto Rico is a disaster zone and he's picking fights about football and playing golf. Come the fuck on.

All he is doing is furthering a divide as the old, ignorant, rich white dude trying to tell young persons of color what they can and cannot do with their lives and influence.
troyguitar
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Trek Domane

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:46 am
wap wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:13 am

Why should they have to leave the country to make a statement they believe in when race really is an issue right here?
I'm just saying it's not as bad as they play it out to be today here and there are far worse places to be that they could focus on. Every day people are dying and killing to get here and they aren't all white people. If it was so bad, I would think that the number of minorities would dwindle fast.

I also don't buy into paying people for something that was done to their ancestors 400 years ago. Nobody owes you anything, if anything you should be slightly glad you were born here and are a citizen.
:dat:

Things are better than they used to be and other places are worse than here, therefore we should stop trying to improve ourselves.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:39 am I just would like to see them to make their living in another country, where race really is an issue today.
So it's not really an issue in America today? Really?

There's always another problem to solve in another place. There's no way this country is going to help solve racial issues elsewhere in the world if we can't manage it here. Even if that just means being a positive and sane example.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

stripethree wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:52 am
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:27 am Meanwhile, the thing they are protesting is a real, valid issue that deserves our attention and discussion.
This, right here, is why I see it as trumping :zing: any notion of it being disrespectful. I'm not, by any means saying you or anyone cannot say or feel it is disrespectful, that opinion is perfectly valid under the same notion of free speech that is invoked with said protest.

Frankly, it is a stupid fight for Orange Julius Ceasar to have picked. The NFL kneeling was almost dying down with Kap seemingly blackballed from the league. I don't think the blackballing is right, but I have no control over it; slightly different issue. Same with the Russia shit, OJC pours gasoline on a fire that was smoldering and dying out. It is also hypocritical given how the OJC himself had to be reminded by his wife to pay attention when the anthem is playing. Puerto Rico is a disaster zone and he's picking fights about football and playing golf. Come the fuck on.

All he is doing is furthering a divide as the old, ignorant, rich white dude trying to tell young persons of color what they can and cannot do with their lives and influence.
BTW, while I think it's a bit disrespectful, I'm way over in the :aintcare: about them doing it camp.
Definitely not full :triggered: like ye olde trumple orangeskin
brain go brrrrrr
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:58 am BTW, while I think it's a bit disrespectful, I'm way over in the :aintcare: about them doing it camp.
I figured. More or less used your post as a jumping off point, not really directed at ya. :like:

Also, thank you for having a dissenting opinion that you can articulate without going :fullretard:. Seems to be a lost art amongst gen pop these days. Free speech is all well and good until you say something I don't like has become the prevailing mentality.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

stripethree wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:55 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:39 am I just would like to see them to make their living in another country, where race really is an issue today.
So it's not really an issue in America today? Really?

There's always another problem to solve in another place. There's no way this country is going to help solve racial issues elsewhere in the world if we can't manage it here. Even if that just means being a positive and sane example.
Maybe if you live in the airboat region, but here, no... I don't see race being an issue. In fact, the only time it really becomes an issue is when someone wants to grandstand about it. Where I live I am a white man and I feel that I am the minority. Where are my economic programs and entitlements? I paid in blood, sweat and tears and scraped to get where I am and believe me, employers would much rather outsource my position and pay 1/20th my salary. Every time I see someone here complaining about race they end up driving a car/SUV with 24"+ chrome or gold wheels and a massive stereo in the middle of a work day to go to the WIC store/etc for their 19 kids that are bouncing around in the back of the vehicle.. I rarely see a homeless minority here, they are almost all white, at least 80/20 split.

I think that in the Bay Area you have to see past color or you can't survive here. You surely won't have a job if you're that close minded. My grandparents were hard core racists on one side coming from Florida. I don't think it is anything like it was when they were kids. Is it perfect? No, but crying about it won't help, it actually makes people on the fence jump back to the other side with shitty comments. Complaining that there are not enough black people on TV shows or winning Oscars is a great one to me... Um, there's like 12% of the US that is black but you want 50% of the acting roles? In real life you don't see 50% of people being black unless you live in Detroit/etc.

Just like musicians and actors that want to speak out and be edgy, I vote with my wallet and refuse to pay these people anything. Movies, Music, Sports, any of it... You won't get my money if I don't like what you say. Stick to what you do best and be an entertainer and I'll gladly pay for the show.
stripethree
Chief Patty Officer
Chief Patty Officer

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:14 pm Maybe if you live in the airboat region, but here, no... I don't see race being an issue. In fact, the only time it really becomes an issue is when someone wants to grandstand about it. Where I live I am a white man and I feel that I am the minority. Where are my economic programs and entitlements? I paid in blood, sweat and tears and scraped to get where I am and believe me, employers would much rather outsource my position and pay 1/20th my salary. Every time I see someone here complaining about race they end up driving a car/SUV with 24"+ chrome or gold wheels and a massive stereo in the middle of a work day to go to the WIC store/etc for their 19 kids that are bouncing around in the back of the vehicle.. I rarely see a homeless minority here, they are almost all white, at least 80/20 split.

I think that in the Bay Area you have to see past color or you can't survive here. You surely won't have a job if you're that close minded. My grandparents were hard core racists on one side coming from Florida. I don't think it is anything like it was when they were kids. Is it perfect? No, but crying about it won't help, it actually makes people on the fence jump back to the other side with shitty comments. Complaining that there are not enough black people on TV shows or winning Oscars is a great one to me... Um, there's like 12% of the US that is black but you want 50% of the acting roles? In real life you don't see 50% of people being black unless you live in Detroit/etc.

Just like musicians and actors that want to speak out and be edgy, I vote with my wallet and refuse to pay these people anything. Movies, Music, Sports, any of it... You won't get my money if I don't like what you say. Stick to what you do best and be an entertainer and I'll gladly pay for the show.
Fully in support of you voting with your dollars; I advocate that through and through. More people should do that, and I say that knowing full well I do not agree with you 100% here.

Maybe I am missing something in your reply, but it comes off as glossing over the point of why the NFL protests, particularly Kap's protests, started to begin with, which is persons of color getting unnecessarily shot and killed, especially by police.
wap

:bravo:
wap

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:54 am
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:46 am

:dat:

Things are better than they used to be and other places are worse than here, therefore we should stop trying to improve ourselves.
I really hope the sarcasm I think I'm detecting is real here. :lol:
wap

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:58 am

BTW, while I think it's a bit disrespectful, I'm way over in the :aintcare: about them doing it camp.
Agreed. It is a bit disresptful but it's supposed to be and :whocares: I certainly don't give a shit.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

stripethree wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:25 pm
Maybe I am missing something in your reply, but it comes off as glossing over the point of why the NFL protests, particularly Kap's protests, started to begin with, which is persons of color getting unnecessarily shot and killed, especially by police.
You know, white people get shot and killed too, but I guess that's a non-issue. The news won't talk about it because poor people won't get upset and spend time protesting when they should be looking for work. MOST of the time these people are not innocent and if you scare a cop, there's a good chance you're going to get hurt. I don't talk shit to cops or charge them on the street and even though I am operating 100% in the lines of the law and don't have any warrants I still go on high alert when I am around them...

Shitternick grew up as a white kid in the central valley, he only grew the afro and decided to care when his career took a shit and he was on the way out and his racial activist girlfriend swayed his mind into thinking he was getting fucked for being black.

goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:08 pm
stripethree wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:25 pm
You know, white people get shot and killed too,
and dogs.

and its all wrong, and something needs to be done about police in this country.
brain go brrrrrr
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Because you can't change the set opinion of a liberal's mind, the last thing I'll say here is that I have never, ever looked at a person of color and judged them the way that I have been profiled and judged by them. I see the looks and I hear the comments and only sometimes do I acknowledge them and respond.

I started my early life pretty fucking poor with a single parent at 6 years old that was on federal assistance. Nobody gave me shit, but I didn't cry about it. I got out and did something about it and even supported my family during the end of high school when my mom got her first case of cancer and couldn't work. So, excuse me if I don't have a bleeding heart for someone that says the system is against them. I had no opportunity to go to college, but here I am declining kids with MS degrees for being too ill-equipped to do an entry level job in software.
Last edited by CorvetteWaxer on Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:14 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:08 pm

You know, white people get shot and killed too,
and dogs.

Yes, but tell a black person that "All lives matter" and you are in for a gang raping. Ask Ice T and Body Count and their song "No Lives Matter".
troyguitar

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:16 pm Because you can't change the set opinion of a liberal's mind...
Your superiority is showing.

Conservatives are equally terrible at admitting being wrong... if anything they're worse, being resistant to change is part of the definition of conservative.
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:21 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:16 pm Because you can't change the set opinion of a liberal's mind...

Conservatives are equally terrible at admitting being wrong... if anything they're worse, being resistant to change is part of the definition of conservative.
Clearly I am not speaking to conservatives here. I am not one either, I'm something quite different from both.
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:17 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:14 pm

and dogs.

Yes, but tell a black person that "All lives matter" and you are in for a gang raping. Ask Ice T and Body Count and their song "No Lives Matter".
I think the squeaky wheels get the news coverage, most people are more reasonable than this.
brain go brrrrrr
troyguitar

CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:25 pm
troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:21 pm

Clearly I am not speaking to conservatives here. I am not one either, I'm something quite different from both.
Most of DFD claims to be of superior 3rd-party trains of thought just like you. You've got all the answers, why aren't you president?
CorvetteWaxer
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin

troyguitar wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:34 pm
CorvetteWaxer wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:25 pm

Most of DFD claims to be of superior 3rd-party trains of thought just like you. You've got all the answers, why aren't you president?
I don't have the desire or the qualifications.

I never claimed to be superior, those are your words from your personal insecurities. I do claim to be less retarded (Oh shit, I said a forbidden word) than most politicians though.