Johnny's Great Adventure

Share the juicy deets of your worldly travels, and discuss your pipedreams for future trips.
ChrisoftheNorth
Drives: 4R

Apex wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:23 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:19 pm
It's all about mutually getting what you want out of life. The idea of kids makes me :gag: so I've always been attracted to strong independent women that feel the same way. That's what I found, and we couldn't be happier.

But I can totally see the benefit of a parent staying home with kids, especially if one makes enough to support the family comfortably in their given area. Seems as though having a parent at home can take some of the stress of kids off ASSUMING MONEY ISN'T AN ISSUE. That last part is the hardest, and where things often go sideways from what I can tell.
This is where I think wifey and I have a decent sitch. I work full time and she has her own little pet services business. She gets to bring the kiddo with her to all of her clients houses and they walk :doge: s together.
Sure some months are more stressful than others due to cash flow, but overall it works out.
As long as you're happy and you two aren't battling about :bs: due to stress (money, time, whatever), then you're winning IMO. Saying one way of life is better than the other is idiotic. We're all :snowflake: s, we gotta do what makes us happy.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
Apex
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Abominable

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:25 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:23 pm

This is where I think wifey and I have a decent sitch. I work full time and she has her own little pet services business. She gets to bring the kiddo with her to all of her clients houses and they walk :doge: s together.
Sure some months are more stressful than others due to cash flow, but overall it works out.
As long as you're happy and you two aren't battling about :bs: due to stress (money, time, whatever), then you're winning IMO. Saying one way of life is better than the other is idiotic. We're all :snowflake: s, we gotta do what makes us happy.
Our biggest argument is what to have for dinner. :lol:
goIftdibrad
Chief Master Soft Brain
Chief Master Soft Brain
Drives: straight past the apex

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:24 pm
Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:16 pm

lol i dont even make 5k a month
But in 20 years.....
even with inflation i don't think i'd increase my earning potential to where half would be 5k
brain go brrrrrr
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:54 pm

It is unless your woman never made any money to speak of prior to that and it didn't bother you then and still doesn't bother you.
I've never been attracted to women who want to be SAHMS but I've always thought I might be happier if I did.

One thing about a chick who never works though.....if your marriage goes South you are fucked in ways you can't even imagine. All the money bitching people on this forum do are meaningless compared to a guy who just got hammered for 5 grand a month in lifetime alimony..............
It's all about mutually getting what you want out of life. The idea of kids makes me :gag: so I've always been attracted to strong independent women that feel the same way. That's what I found, and we couldn't be happier.

But I can totally see the benefit of a parent staying home with kids, especially if one makes enough to support the family comfortably in their given area. Seems as though having a parent at home can take some of the stress of kids off ASSUMING MONEY ISN'T AN ISSUE. That last part is the hardest, and where things often go sideways from what I can tell.
I have a friend who has a wife who is well educated and who made good money when they were single. She quit and stayed home with their twins for a decade now, although she is considering going back to work (not the same as actually doing it!) They both came from traditional SAHM situations so I think that made it possible as it was some sort of ingrained thing. They also have a huge division of labor, he makes the $$$, she takes care of the bulk of everything else. I couldn't do it but it works for them. He can tell you his work schedule down to the T but he couldn't tell you if he was available during any after work hour to save his life, gotta ask the wifepiece. That would drive me out of my mind but different strokes.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Apex

Shit, I probably should have looked for one of these.
Apex

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:35 pm
Apex wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:32 pm Image

A Canadian?
:lol: I know a few of those...
ChrisoftheNorth

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:30 pm

I have a friend who has a wife who is well educated and who made good money when they were single. She quit and stayed home with their twins for a decade now, although she is considering going back to work (not the same as actually doing it!) They both came from traditional SAHM situations so I think that made it possible as it was some sort of ingrained thing. They also have a huge division of labor, he makes the $$$, she takes care of the bulk of everything else. I couldn't do it but it works for them. He can tell you his work schedule down to the T but he couldn't tell you if he was available during any after work hour to save his life, gotta ask the wifepiece. That would drive me out of my mind but different strokes.
This is exactly my point. Different strokes, man.
Desertbreh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 pm My guess would be that Chris took some time off because he has read the dialogue on this page 1,345 times and decided to spend some of his free time doing something besides beating a horse to death.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:57 pm https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/ ... 00.201978/

Alucab for sale for a Tacoma locally.
How does this work? Just a cap?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

They're not exactly dirt cheap used.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sal ... pe=listing

$16k, 67k on it. Not bad.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:06 pm

Can you sleep in it :doe: ?
Apex

:iono: Seems :notbad:
Desertbreh

Apex wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:11 pm

:iono: Seems :notbad:
Except that its Canadian, e.g the frame is rusted out Swiss Cheese.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Johnny_P

Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:11 pm

I don't know
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:20 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:11 pm
I don't know
#vanlyfe
Desertbreh

Sleeping in something uncomfortable is going to get real old, real quick.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Mercedes- ... :0&vxp=mtr
Johnny_P

Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:52 pm Sleeping in something uncomfortable is going to get real old, real quick.

This is a great idea. Can I borrow a kidney? I'll give it back I promise.
Johnny_P

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:52 pm If I was gonna do exactly what Herr Wasteful is gonna do... those GM vans are an interesting solution.

Sliding tray for the MTB in the back, bed on the other side with sliding drawers underneath that hold important things, maybe a portable compost toilet in there with a small sink/counter.

Low key vanlyfe. Nobody's expecting that in a Chebby Express.
Contractor vehicles attract vandalism and break-ins. But yeah. Park it responsibly and could be a great solution.
Desertbreh

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:55 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:52 pm Sleeping in something uncomfortable is going to get real old, real quick.

This is a great idea. Can I borrow a kidney? I'll give it back I promise.
It was so bad ass I had to link it. 4WD Sprinter Diesel luxury. Actually fairly depreciated.
ChrisoftheNorth

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:52 pm If I was gonna do exactly what Herr Wasteful is gonna do... those GM vans are an interesting solution.

Sliding tray for the MTB in the back, bed on the other side with sliding drawers underneath that hold important things, maybe a portable compost toilet in there with a small sink/counter.

It's really the perfect solution. AWD and lift means it should be able to go anywhere you'd want to go. Completely low key, nobody would bug you at all.
ChrisoftheNorth

Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:56 pm

Contractor vehicles attract vandalism and break-ins. But yeah. Park it responsibly and could be a great solution.
MAYBE, find one that's not white and it'd be fine.
Desertbreh

[user not found] wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:14 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:56 pm

Maybe in the city.

Out in the middle of nowhere, an outfitted Expo vehicle would attract more negative attention.
Out in the middle of nowhere it will attract LEO's who want to find out who you kidnapped and/or molesting in it.
Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

Tar
Chief Master Sirloin
Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Beige Family Sedan sans Dent

wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Big Brain Bradley wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:16 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:54 pm

It is unless your woman never made any money to speak of prior to that and it didn't bother you then and still doesn't bother you.
I've never been attracted to women who want to be SAHMS but I've always thought I might be happier if I did.

One thing about a chick who never works though.....if your marriage goes South you are fucked in ways you can't even imagine. All the money bitching people on this forum do are meaningless compared to a guy who just got hammered for 5 grand a month in lifetime alimony..............
lol i dont even make 5k a month
:mahtroy:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
wap
Drives: Blue Meanie

Apex wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:26 pm
Detroit wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:25 pm
Our biggest argument is what to have for dinner. :lol:
:jelly:
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.