Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue short bus

Munchkin mode engaged
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Does your driver's seat have good lumbar adjustment?
Johnny_P

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:08 am Does your driver's seat have good lumbar adjustment?
2 way so in and out only. Our CRV has 4 way. The seats are better in that. But I’m finally pretty comfy in the accord.
Johnny_P

Hauled the entire fam today.

Remote start makes up for lack of vents. No complaints from the peanuts. The trunk is enormous in this. Way bigger than the CRV. Our stroller takes up the entire trunk in that but in the accord I could fit two with room to spare.

Five star dadwagon.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

:nice:

So the passenger side obviously is your son’s seat. Looks like it fits on the seat no problem. So why does everyone on the internet make it seem like a limo is required for that? Seems it would be fine in a Civic, Golf, whatever. Clearly the rear facing is different but just trying to understand my future here.
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 5:51 am :nice:

So the passenger side obviously is your son’s seat. Looks like it fits on the seat no problem. So why does everyone on the internet make it seem like a limo is required for that? Seems it would be fine in a Civic, Golf, whatever. Clearly the rear facing is different but just trying to understand my future here.
Accord is enormous, it’s 196” long and almost 41” in the rear seat. Bigger than an Escalade! For the second row. the seat is almost touching the front seat. I think it’s occasionally touching mine in the IX. It can’t be mounted properly in the Tacoma period.
Johnny_P

This car has 40” of rear legroom. My driver seat has about 1/2” clearance from the back of the seat to my daughter’s infant seat. When she outgrows that and needs a convertible I’ll have to move my seat forward.

My son having extra legroom is nice because he can’t kick the seat back.

Shorter people don’t have as much of an issue they just pull the seat more forward. For linebackers or people that need the seat further back in the track, more legroom becomes an asset. And it’s not necessarily vehicle class. A Hyundai Elantra has more rear legroom than a Hyundai Sonata.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:56 am

Accord is enormous, it’s 196” long and almost 41” in the rear seat. Bigger than an Escalade! For the second row. the seat is almost touching the front seat. I think it’s occasionally touching mine in the IX. It can’t be mounted properly in the Tacoma period.
Belt positioning booster seats have slimmer backs. I could probably get away with a smaller car in another 2 years or so. He’s not quite big enough for that yet.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Johnny_P wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:52 pm Hauled the entire fam today.

Remote start makes up for lack of vents. No complaints from the peanuts. The trunk is enormous in this. Way bigger than the CRV. Our stroller takes up the entire trunk in that but in the accord I could fit two with room to spare.

Five star dadwagon.
That rear seating looks :impressive:

Me and my friends were gonna carpool to West VA to ride the Shenandoah river. We were deciding whether we should go in their CRV (exact spec as yours) or the Accord. Fortunately we only live 3 miles from each other. The said CRV owner was :mindblown: that theres actually more room to spare. Also didn't wanna drive so theres that.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Looks like my sister is giving us a 'convertible seat' (still don't really know what this is) that her daughter outgrew for later. I guess I'll get to see what that looks like soon.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:56 am Looks like my sister is giving us a 'convertible seat' (still don't really know what this is) that her daughter outgrew for later. I guess I'll get to see what that looks like soon.
I think that's the seat on the passenger side?

I've also been told seat protectors are a big no-no. :disappoint:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:06 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:56 am Looks like my sister is giving us a 'convertible seat' (still don't really know what this is) that her daughter outgrew for later. I guess I'll get to see what that looks like soon.

Tell me more about that? We have a couple on our registry. Mostly the Beep Beep is at risk here. During the early days, we will have a nanny that I can walk to - she lives 0.4 miles from us, so I will just walk the CF/ :doge: over for dropoff/pickup.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:17 am

Tell me more about that? We have a couple on our registry. Mostly the Beep Beep is at risk here. During the early days, we will have a nanny that I can walk to - she lives 0.4 miles from us, so I will just walk the CF/ :doge: over for dropoff/pickup.
I've already received a lecture on this from my sister-in-law about how it can be dangerous to have them between the seat and the car seat base as they can slide.

And with all the :bs: floating around on social media, she says you should only take advice from someone who has a National Child Passenger Safety certification. That program is partnered with NHTSA.
Johnny_P

Naw the one on the passenger side is a high back booster with a harness. A bit slimmer than a convertible.

Convertible seats can be backwards facing infant carriers or forward facing toddler seats. Hence the convertible part.
Johnny_P

Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:34 am
D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:17 am

I've already received a lecture on this from my sister-in-law about how it can be dangerous to have them between the seat and the car seat base as they can slide.

And with all the :bs: floating around on social media, she says you should only take advice from someone who has a National Child Passenger Safety certification. That program is partnered with NHTSA.
If you have leather seats the seat base can stamp an imprint in them over time. We put a towel down. It worked fine. That seat if you install it right isn’t going anywhere.
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:57 pm
Gberg2119 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:34 am

If you have leather seats the seat base can stamp an imprint in them over time. We put a towel down. It worked fine. That seat if you install it right isn’t going anywhere.
Yep the car seat is def doing that in the IX :disgust: I’m now removing the base when not on use. It’s also
Heavy af at 20lbs or so
max225

https://nunababy.com/usa/pipa-relx-car- ... _ref=16405
I might use that donkey dick 3rd leg to ease some of the pressure off the seat
max225

Also since the kid turned 1 I was hoping to turn him around. But no… the stupid law says 2 years old now. (At least in California ) That changed in 2010. I can’t stand backward facing

Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 3:12 pm Also since the kid turned 1 I was hoping to turn him around. But no… the stupid law says 2 years old now. (At least in California ) That changed in 2010. I can’t stand backward facing

They eat a lot of room. I think my son was around 2, maybe a bit before, when we turned him around because he was flat out of room.
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 3:04 pm https://nunababy.com/usa/pipa-relx-car- ... _ref=16405
Try a towel or other blanket first? 🤷‍♂️
max225

Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:33 pm
max225 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 3:04 pm https://nunababy.com/usa/pipa-relx-car- ... _ref=16405
I already have that base, I bought it with my used seat for $50 as a combo. I think the bottom of that base has a nasty protrusion that may not be helped by a towel.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Helpful info, boys. And I can see why Chris bailed :lolol:
max225

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:55 pm Helpful info, boys. And I can see why Chris bailed :lolol:
Once you’re blessed by your leach you will appreciate the info shared here
Johnny_P

max225 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:51 pm
Johnny_P wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:33 pm

I already have that base, I bought it with my used seat for $50 as a combo. I think the bottom of that base has a nasty protrusion that may not be helped by a towel.
Ah balls. We have the Nuna Rava for my son. Quality seat.
Johnny_P

D Griff wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:55 pm Helpful info, boys. And I can see why Chris bailed :lolol:
Ha. Yeah. Kids become your life. Hopefully he comes back from time to time to discuss dinosaur chicken nuggets, pouches, and car seats tho.