2024 plac thread !

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Many Things

Add me to the list!

Paperwork is complete, I own a CT4 V Blackwing.
wap
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Blue Meanie

Melon2.0 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:47 pm Add me to the list!

:fuckyeah:
Congrats, :melon: !!
:wap: Where are these mangos?
Detroit wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:19 pm I don't understand anything anymore.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Hooptie Crotchfruit Carrier

:fuckyeah:
max225
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

Sweeet ! Done
max225

We’re one again reflective of the overall car market … slowest year that I can recall for the many reasons we know.
(Resale down)
(Interest rates sky high)
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Many Things

max225 wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:25 pm

Sweeet ! Done
Thank you sir.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: Taco Truk | Power Wheels Heep

Does buying out a lease count?

Bought out the JLUR.

Also bought a 2023 Miata Club, should be here next Wednesday.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:18 am Does buying out a lease count?

Bought out the JLUR.

:amazing:

In4deetz on the Miata (and pics).
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Although, Miata counts, Jeep does not. You already had it.

Any updates with the Jeep? Ours has been completely trouble free and really a pretty great vehicle for 51K miles, although I still find driving it on the freeway kind of sucks.
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:18 am Also bought a 2023 Miata Club, should be here next Wednesday.
:drool:

DEETS MAN, I NEED THE DEETS. I too am drooling over ND's at the present.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Bought out the JLUR.

:ohdang:

In4GR86comparison
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

coogles wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:36 am

Bought out the JLUR.

:ohdang:

In4GR86comparison
I have quite a bit of seat time in the ND Miata platform too if there are questions.

In short, the Miata is more fun, the 86 is a better daily and better track car.
max225

Bought out the JLUR.

No, but the Miata Chub counts
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Jeep's been stupidly reliable. 20k miles on it. Rear shocks are a little leaky, that's the only issue I've had and is an easy fix. It's the 2.0 Turbo 4, and although the engine sounds like crap, it's perfectly fine for the wife to drive around town and down the shore. We take it to the bike park and it does 18MPG at 75mph with two bikes on the hitch. Thought about replacing it with the 2024 4xE refresh, but the buyout was $33k and we couldn't get it again in Chief if we wanted to.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

Got the itch for something I haven't done before and enjoy driving the Jeep with the roof down. Quickly landed on an ND. More quickly landed on an ND2 for the telescopic steering column, and the bonus of higher redline and more power. The Club obviously for the suspension and diff.

Clubs have been moving very quickly, and are priced on the higher end of the market. Missed a couple of cars when I was in Iceland last week, and on Monday missed out on a 2019 soul red/tan leather car for $26.

A 2023 1 owner, clean fax 9k mile Club in Zircon Sand showed up on Carmax this morning in Oklahoma for $30k plus $1k to ship. It's on the higher end of what I wanted to spend, but fuck it - it's the right car.

MrH42
Meat Patty 1st Class
Meat Patty 1st Class
Drives: '23 Lightning + '23 BRZ

Nice! Good call on the soft top over the RF.

I always second guess the BRZ purchase and wonder if I should have bought an ND instead. It's definitely more fun. Looks like seat rails that lower it an inch or two are starting to pop up now too.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I loved both my GR86 and the FR-S. It's a shame the 86's like to blow up on the track. Reality is, I don't have a ton of spare time for track days anymore, so I'll just hoon this around on the weekends. Haven't had a convertible, so it's something different to play with.
golftdibrad1

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:01 am Got the itch for something I haven't done before and enjoy driving the Jeep with the roof down. Quickly landed on an ND. More quickly landed on an ND2 for the telescopic steering column, and the bonus of higher redline and more power. The Club obviously for the suspension and diff.

Clubs have been moving very quickly, and are priced on the higher end of the market. Missed a couple of cars when I was in Iceland last week, and on Monday missed out on a 2019 soul red/tan leather car for $26.

A 2023 1 owner, clean fax 9k mile Club in Zircon Sand showed up on Carmax this morning in Oklahoma for $30k plus $1k to ship. It's on the higher end of what I wanted to spend, but fuck it - it's the right car.

NICEEEEEEEEE.

yea clubs move quick im seeing.

I am going to get an ND2 RF in red with manual with at least grand touring trim so i get the LSD. I'll wiggle on the color (not black tho) if i can get a club with the bbs/recarros.
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
coogles
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

I suppose that's what I would expect, and really already know. The 86 is better at the things I will never use it for. :derp: I definitely bought the wrong car. Either a S2000 or Miata for the experience, or an actual sports sedan that could comfortably fit a couple kids would have been a better choice. I'd enjoy the former more, I'd get more use out of the latter.

As it is, I've driven the 86 about 200 miles in 2024.
Last edited by coogles on Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:32 am
fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:01 am Got the itch for something I haven't done before and enjoy driving the Jeep with the roof down. Quickly landed on an ND. More quickly landed on an ND2 for the telescopic steering column, and the bonus of higher redline and more power. The Club obviously for the suspension and diff.

NICEEEEEEEEE.

I am going to get an ND2 RF in red with manual with at least grand touring trim so i get the LSD. I'll wiggle on the color (not black tho) if i can get a club with the bbs/recarros.
This car is local to me and clean.

https://www.autolenders.com/used-car-in ... F-N0504968

They had a twin of it as a regular drop top but it sold within a day.
golftdibrad1

fledonfoot wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:40 am
golftdibrad1 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:32 am

NICEEEEEEEEE.

This car is local to me and clean.

https://www.autolenders.com/used-car-in ... F-N0504968

They had a twin of it as a regular drop top but it sold within a day.
Oh nice! thanks for the tip. Gotta sell orange car first tho.

And while that car is probably worth the ask considering the miles..... I'm trying to stay at / around 30k or less. If I decide to spend 36k I might as well decide to spend 42 and just get an ND3 minty new.

Honestly, I'm kinda like you and dont really track / race anymore so this will be a mountain car I also just drive more. A used GT with the LSD (expensive and $$ to install later) will be just fine for me. Better brakes down the line if I need them aint hard and are a 1K question. https://www.good-win-racing.com/mazda/m ... -1966.html Same deal with suspension.
max225

Good to see that Miata is back to being the answer to the question for most :D
fledonfoot
First Sirloin
First Sirloin

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:07 pm Good to see that Miata is back to being the answer to the question for most :D
I'll trade it for a GTI when the Prius lease is up, don't worry.
golftdibrad1

max225 wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:07 pm Good to see that Miata is back to being the answer to the question for most :D
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

Very cool. I love the color too. I’d likely go for the hardtop for security reasons though.