:plac: finds v2.0: Moar gold on the crangslist

Brothers of brub and brap, this is your safe space.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

The floppy dildo tranny is pretty much the key to not losing your ass on any vehicle :doe:
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

D Griff wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:05 pm
max225 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:41 am
They do though… m5s, xm5s, xm3s etc all drop like crazy. Yea one can claim “they are not real m cars” or what not but they are.
OK, I will amend my statement. M cars WITH MANUAL TRANSMISSION will not depreciate much/rapidly.
:mahtroy:
max225

D Griff wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:05 pm The floppy dildo tranny is pretty much the key to not losing your ass on any vehicle :doe:
I drove my Taco yesterday and its was great. If it was a auto tragic I was going to hate it... matter of fact I floated the idea of a ranger raptor... but the lack of :manuel: makes them boring AF. :manuel: or bust for a toy car. And they are all toy cars.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:57 pm
D Griff wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:05 pm The floppy dildo tranny is pretty much the key to not losing your ass on any vehicle :doe:
I drove my Taco yesterday and its was great. If it was a auto tragic I was going to hate it... matter of fact I floated the idea of a ranger raptor... but the lack of :manuel: makes them boring AF. :manuel: or bust for a toy car. And they are all toy cars.
:mahtroy: :hue:
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Spent some time in my buddy’s 2014 :manuel: TRD Off BROad last weekend. What a dope vehicle although kind of beat to shit.

Wild that he paid like $26k for it, a free truck for like eight years.
max225

D Griff wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:29 pm Spent some time in my buddy’s 2014 :manuel: TRD Off BROad last weekend. What a dope vehicle although kind of beat to shit.

Wild that he paid like $26k for it, a free truck for like eight years.
It seems fairly fresh since it is a 2014, but that thing is a decade old. And most Toyotas live hard lives outside never getting washed and owned by people who don’t even change the oil because “it’s a Toyota”.
SAWCE
Command Chief Master Sirloin
Drives: Ebombtra

Somebody immediately regretted buying this thing :lolol: 312 miles.

https://www.rontonkinkia.com/inventory/ ... gL2xvD_BwE
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

SAWCE wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 12:15 am Somebody immediately regretted buying this thing :lolol: 312 miles.

KIA trade in 🤣🤣🤣

Also, the more I look at the cuck, the more it looks like the pyramid from the office. Illuminati confirmed!
max225

SAWCE wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 12:15 am Somebody immediately regretted buying this thing :lolol: 312 miles.

Nah it’s called a flip
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

max225 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:52 am

Nah it’s called a flip
Oh yeah didn’t even think of that. Wonder what the Kia dealership gave them over their original purchase price.
Gberg2119
First Sirloin
First Sirloin
Drives: W///

adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Cheese

Would like some opinions on the SQ5 pre-purchase inspection before I :plac:

https://lemonsquad.com/customer/view-re ... a12a424943

Here's my email to the dealer and the dealer's response to the issues that I brought up:

How do you guys feel about this?

Also yes, I feel like I'm coming off as a :jackass:
Mk6 Jetta 1.8T with sketchy history (sold) -> :cheese:
IG: @cheesy_miata and @adeebsal
max225

adoob wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:35 pm Would like some opinions on the SQ5 pre-purchase inspection before I :plac:

https://lemonsquad.com/customer/view-re ... a12a424943

Here's my email to the dealer and the dealer's response to the issues that I brought up:

How do you guys feel about this?

Also yes, I feel like I'm coming off as a :jackass:
Question, is this car still under warranty ?! It’s a 21 with 31k miles so it … should be? The diff is a warranty issue. The rest seems ok… I’d ask for alignment too.

Overall as expected…. What does the carfax say for the last oil change
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 8:11 pm
Question, is this car still under warranty ?! It’s a 21 with 31k miles so it … should be? The diff is a warranty issue. The rest seems ok… I’d ask for alignment too.

Overall as expected…. What does the carfax say for the last oil change
Yeah has warranty until 03/2025 or 50k miles.

Maybe a little small to read but it matches what they say:

Oil just looks dark in the inspection pics and the inspector noted that it needs an oil change.

I’ll do one myself anyways.
max225

So this vehicle is claimed to have had 2 oil changes in 2 months and the inspector says it still looks like shit ? :wtf: can you look at it yourself ? And are there records at 5k 15k and 25? That was the scheduled maintenance

The scary part is that it seems like no one changed the oil until 30k…

Does glenwood springs have a maintenance record?
Johnny_P
Drives: Blue short bus

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:51 pm So this vehicle is claimed to have had 2 oil changes in 2 months and the inspector says it still looks like shit ? :wtf: can you look at it yourself ? And are there records at 5k 15k and 25? That was the scheduled maintenance

I’m wondering the same. Was this a lease or something where the prior owner did absolutely nothing. If so it’s probably all sludged up and the new oil is flushing it.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

max225 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:51 pm So this vehicle is claimed to have had 2 oil changes in 2 months and the inspector says it still looks like shit ? :wtf: can you look at it yourself ? And are there records at 5k 15k and 25? That was the scheduled maintenance

Gonna try contacting Glenwood Springs tomorrow, good idea.

The car is 7 hours away, I plan on flying in to pick it up, so I can't really look at it in person until I'm already there.

These are the images provided by the inspector for that observation.

adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Also I think that most recent record at Glenwood this month is wrong, because it's at Audi Atlanta.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Johnny_P wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:01 pm
I’m wondering the same. Was this a lease or something where the prior owner did absolutely nothing. If so it’s probably all sludged up and the new oil is flushing it.
It was a lease yeah, but not sure on the history otherwise. I wonder if I run some oil high in detergents for a bit it'll flush it all out. I once ran liqui moly leichtlauf in my Jetta and the first run was pitch black in 5000 miles and then the next run was clean at the 10k interval. I ran Castrol Edge before and switched back to the Castrol because the Liqui Moly burned through so quickly.
adoob
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Think I’m gonna keep moving forward with it but make the final call on Wednesday when I can see it in person. If the oil looks real bad I’m not gonna go through with it.

Glenwood Audi is closed today so I’ll have to call Monday to ask if they have service history.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

adoob wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 7:52 am Think I’m gonna keep moving forward with it but make the final call on Wednesday when I can see it in person. If the oil looks real bad I’m not gonna go through with it.

Glenwood Audi is closed today so I’ll have to call Monday to ask if they have service history.
Do you know if Audi offers complimentary oil changes? Kind of hard to imagine rocking a lease for three years and not a single oil change…. But some people are dumb.

Personally the appearance of oil being black seems very normal and like a nonissue…
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Typically the first oil change is free. I can see HOLDING OFF on an oil change for a while if you're planning to return a lease. Save that $345 or so.
golftdibrad1
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Senior Chief Patty Officer
Drives: on used bald tires

adoob wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:58 pm Also I think that most recent record at Glenwood this month is wrong, because it's at Audi Atlanta.
dude the oil thing combined with the fact the dealer won't do warranty work on their own brand before sale? Id fuckin run. The warranty work would literally cost them nothing. If they weren't and audi dealer I'd have more sympathy (logistics and all) but the fuckin car is already on their lot!
Desertbreh wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:28 pm I'm happy for Brad because nobody jerks it to the Miata harder on this forum and that is the Crown Prince of Miatas.
max225

adoob wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:58 pm Also I think that most recent record at Glenwood this month is wrong, because it's at Audi Atlanta.
What the fuck is up with the service history of this car. This is really weird.

We’re not talking a 40 year old yugo with paper records missing. This is a 60k when new luxury performance suv that’s not even 4 years old… with busted ass service history. If you can’t find records walk. This is too much of a gamble
max225

CaleDeRoo wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:36 am Typically the first oil change is free. I can see HOLDING OFF on an oil change for a while if you're planning to return a lease. Save that $345 or so.
BMW requires that you follow the maintenance schedule.

But I have seen dudes on the Tacoma forum do jack shit for 3 years because it’s a lease. And someone ends up with the truck….