OT 21: DFD Giveth and DFD Taketh Away

Off-topic? You mean on-topic!
Desertbreh
Command Chief Master Sirloin

Even if I was doing it for the attention, the top end CyberTruck costs as much as a Z06 Corvette. I think I'd rather get thumbs ups in the Vette than thumbs downs in the Shed.
Detroit wrote:Buy 911s instead of diamonds.
Johnny_P wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:21 pm Earn it and burn it, Val.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator
Drives: Bicycles/Two Feet

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:49 pm I saw a cybercuck driving in uptown Charlotte this AM. I was on a bike “highway” uptown the city built, that apparently is for cops to park and people to host run clubs 🤷🏻‍♂️. Anyway, I came face to face with it as it sat across the red light from me. I was overcome with emotion and felt the need to do something, so I extended my arm towards them and gave them a thumbs down. Couldn’t see the driver through their tinted windows, but I hope he saw me.
The thumbs down is very funny.

I still haven't seen one, I guess I'm just lucky like that.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

D Griff wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:54 pm
J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 8:49 pm I saw a cybercuck driving in uptown Charlotte this AM. I was on a bike “highway” uptown the city built, that apparently is for cops to park and people to host run clubs 🤷🏻‍♂️. Anyway, I came face to face with it as it sat across the red light from me. I was overcome with emotion and felt the need to do something, so I extended my arm towards them and gave them a thumbs down. Couldn’t see the driver through their tinted windows, but I hope he saw me.

Ive seen maybe 6 cybertruck in my cali trip and just yesterday i spotted my first cybercuck locally. Looks like a dude in his 50's driving his cottonball mom around. I have a feeling he felt like a kid on christmas
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
MexicanYarisTK
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: An Okinowa Cruiseship
Location: 6 miles north of Sleepy Joes House & 5 miles from Bosphorus Channel

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:23 pm Even if I was doing it for the attention, the top end CyberTruck costs as much as a Z06 Corvette. I think I'd rather get thumbs ups in the Vette than thumbs downs in the Shed.
:dat: , especially in small towns.
Nephew of a :plac: a few first gen immigrant on DFD, resident turk, and ex nazi egg lover now driving a middle class mom mobile.
SAWCE
Drives: Ebombtra

I’ve tried to get in the habit of throwing a thumbs down instead of flipping other drivers off when they pull shit stunts. It’s great. Rather than inciting more road rage, they usually just look a little sheepish after seeing it. It keeps my blood pressure lower too as I don’t find myself getting as worked up doing it.
Desertbreh

SAWCE wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:03 pm

I’ve tried to get in the habit of throwing a thumbs down instead of flipping other drivers off when they pull shit stunts. It’s great. Rather than inciting more road rage, they usually just look a little sheepish after seeing it. It keeps my blood pressure lower too as I don’t find myself getting as worked up doing it.
Judgment without anger.
max225 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 5:35 pm Yes it's a cool car. But prepare the lube/sawdust.
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck
Drives: Many Things

Desertbreh wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 6:04 pm Judgment without anger.
"I'm not mad just, disappointed."
J-Ho-Fo-Show69
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Meat Patty 2nd Class
Drives: 328, TJ, Grand Trailhawk

Dude, the thumbs down is my new flex out and about in Charlotte. I’ve done it exactly 3 times today. Once in a car, once on my bicycle, and once while walking. Each time it evoked the same reaction from the driver. They weren’t angry, but they looked at me as if I was their dad who just caught him doing something they shouldn’t be doing and we’re in trouble.
max225
Chief Master Sirloin of the Wasteful Steak
Drives: Taco+ Bavarian lemon

J-Ho-Fo-Show69 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:48 pm

Dude, the thumbs down is my new flex out and about in Charlotte. I’ve done it exactly 3 times today. Once in a car, once on my bicycle, and once while walking. Each time it evoked the same reaction from the driver. They weren’t angry, but they looked at me as if I was their dad who just caught him doing something they shouldn’t be doing and we’re in trouble.
:dislike:
CaleDeRoo
Senior Master Sirloin
Senior Master Sirloin
Drives: C5

Saw one last week on Providence. Looks like a shiny dumpster.

I've been doing thumbs down for years. Love to see it
max225

hearing rumors that the shiny dumpster is going to be price reduced to the advertised 79/99k price points down from the current 99/119 "foundation" bs
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

max225 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:09 am hearing rumors that the shiny dumpster is going to be price reduced to the advertised 79/99k price points down from the current 99/119 "foundation" bs
It's fucking wild how Tessie does this. It's even wilder that people are dumb enough to buy these types of things on the flip for like $150K+ when they will be worth $80K in a year once the market is flooded and you can buy a new one for that.

I still haven't seen the Shining Dumpster though. I'm not a religious man, but God is really watching out for my eyes!
max225

D Griff wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:42 am
max225 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:09 am hearing rumors that the shiny dumpster is going to be price reduced to the advertised 79/99k price points down from the current 99/119 "foundation" bs
It's fucking wild how Tessie does this. It's even wilder that people are dumb enough to buy these types of things on the flip for like $150K+ when they will be worth $80K in a year once the market is flooded and you can buy a new one for that.

I still haven't seen the Shining Dumpster though. I'm not a religious man, but God is really watching out for my eyes!
They are kind of interesting. Since they don’t have a dealer network, they have the pricing set from the get go. Where as a Toyota :dillerman: is trying to get 95k for a pos fake Land Cruiser
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

For some it's worth the price to have the first one in town.

No hate on that, market economy gonna market economy.
max225

Desertbreh

max225 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:03 pm https://www.concordtoyota.com/new/Toyot ... b2f7fd.htm like that's just atrocious
Reverse discount yo!
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:42 pm Reverse discount yo!
If you put a positive number in that spot, the dealership magically makes MORE money!
It's a magical money machine!
max225

Love that Toyota logic ….
Chop off 4 cylinders …
Chop off 2 seats
Chop off legindary simplicity and reliability
Charge MORE no one will fucking notice
Melon2.0
Ground Chuck
Ground Chuck

max225 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:13 pm Love that Toyota logic ….
Chop off 4 cylinders …
Chop off 2 seats
Now you're getting it. You have a real knack for marketing.
max225

Gotta love a coarse 4 banger from a Camry, coupled with some shitty hybrid components that still make it have less mpg than an F150 with a twin turbo V6 and 0 hybrid bullshit…. And they are trying to get nearly the same money (post markup)
Desertbreh

Chop off 4 cylinders …
Chop off 2 seats
Yeah the whole 4 cylinder thing can suck it. Much like the new Colorado. Errbody LOVES this truck, MT truck of the year, blah blah. ZR2 starts @ under $50K. And yet, errbody says the 4 cylinder turbo sucks. It sounds terrible and gets TERRIBLE, V-8esque fuel mileage. You can't have a great truck without a great engine. Period.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:15 pm
Chop off 4 cylinders …
Chop off 2 seats
Yeah the whole 4 cylinder thing can suck it. Much like the new Colorado. Errbody LOVES this truck, MT truck of the year, blah blah. ZR2 starts @ under $50K. And yet, errbody says the 4 cylinder turbo sucks. It sounds terrible and gets TERRIBLE, V-8esque fuel mileage. You can't have a great truck without a great engine. Period.
:iono: man... as a long term owner of a turbo four equipped :truk: ... it is better than a natty six. Does sound heinous though.
D Griff
Trollistrator
Trollistrator

Melon2.0 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:57 am For some it's worth the price to have the first one in town.

I get it, and hey, this is America, spend your money on what you want. Hell, I did that to an extent with the 86, could've waited six more months and had it for less.

Still though, $70K is a lot of dough to 'enjoy' an extra six months of cutting your kid's hands on a silver dumpster.
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:43 pm
Desertbreh wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:15 pm

:iono: man... as a long term owner of a turbo four equipped :truk: ... it is better than a natty six. Does sound heinous though.
It's the shitty gas mileage that kills me. The Jeep is efficient for what it is. If you're gonna get 15mpg, you should have brubs.
Desertbreh

D Griff wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:44 pm
Melon2.0 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:57 am For some it's worth the price to have the first one in town.

I get it, and hey, this is America, spend your money on what you want. Hell, I did that to an extent with the 86, could've waited six more months and had it for less.

Still though, $70K is a lot of dough to 'enjoy' an extra six months of cutting your kid's hands on a silver dumpster.
:micdrop: